The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Is there any new beta thna{Pokemon Crono B2 translated by Ruka Prince and Ash.ips‎}. I realy want to play.
No. Read the first post and the lastest page to see the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
They're not correct. I don't know exactly what it was trying to say, but I was trying to guess based on what was actually said. You can't try and tell me that many of those sentences are correct, however. I have a BA in English, I think I know a correct sentence from an incorrect one when I see one.

I didn't post images because I didn't really see the point. All that I needed to do was post what was said, which was a lot less time consuming.

I'm sorry if anything I said caused offense, I was just trying to help. You asked me to point out places where I saw grammatical errors, and I went through the first section of the game again and pointed out the ones that I saw.
And I still don't see the point on why posting images is hard and "time
consuming". It's very easy.

I don't care if you're native or not, but 90% of them are correct.
I just know it.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Xenoblade
needs a banner. PM me please!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
They're not correct. I don't know exactly what it was trying to say, but I was trying to guess based on what was actually said. You can't try and tell me that many of those sentences are correct, however. I have a BA in English, I think I know a correct sentence from an incorrect one when I see one.

I didn't post images because I didn't really see the point. All that I needed to do was post what was said, which was a lot less time consuming.

I'm sorry if anything I said caused offense, I was just trying to help. You asked me to point out places where I saw grammatical errors, and I went through the first section of the game again and pointed out the ones that I saw.
I sent him some screens. You were right, but a couple of them are so minor they can remain the same if there isn't enough space. You also missed one, the word "cementary" is spelled incorrectly. I'm a 9th grader, have maintained an A throughout all of my educational experience in English, and plan on being a writer. You may have a BA in English, but I myself have been told my English is on a college graduate level, which would be that of a writers average level. Basically, you will rarely find me making a mistake, and if you do, I'm probably already correcting myself.

However, when people ask for things like screens, you should just take a few and post them. They're trying to help, and screens work better when trying to find out where the errors are.

Last edited by Xenoblade; February 25th, 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Hey, Dante!
Just wishing you luck on this project!
I like it! :]
The features are very cool!
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
effigia777
Beginning Trainer

this game is awesome! also, good choice for a started pokemon. i love the dogs: poochyena, growlithe, houndour, and their evolutions so getting to start with one is just awesome. keep up the good work and please, for the love of god, don't abandon this!
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
big NATE alpha
Patriotic Trainer

Nature: Quirky
You need a better script for the policeman that won't let you leave Little Town. When I tried to go before watching the Rockets fly away, he told me that I needed a Pokemon before I could move on. I opened up my menu, checked my Pokemon, and sure enough, I had a level 9 Poocheyena in my party. I wanted to yell at him "It's right here, you idiot! Do you need glasses or something?!"

Zekrom, Victini, Vanillish, Eagle, Samurai, and Excadrill
Unfortunately, for the time being, I cannot trade. My DS recently quit on me and I don't have the money to repair/replace it currently
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature (however, I do build competitive movesets and do minimal EV training, just not ignore the Pokemon based on stats ).
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:39 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big NATE alpha View Post
You need a better script for the policeman that won't let you leave Little Town. When I tried to go before watching the Rockets fly away, he told me that I needed a Pokemon before I could move on. I opened up my menu, checked my Pokemon, and sure enough, I had a level 9 Poocheyena in my party. I wanted to yell at him "It's right here, you idiot! Do you need glasses or something?!"
Oh, this... just pretend that he's stubborn or something.
(If only I knew how to script well, I would make the Player
yell at him.)
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well... I could check that script but I think it isn't really important...
If I can guess some setflag isn't set on the right place...
Maybe checkpokemon command would help...
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Oh, this... just pretend that he's stubborn or something.
(If only I knew how to script well, I would make the Player
yell at him.)
Well, if you could add in some text to it, you could simply go into his speech script on A-Text (I know you like XSE, but this is a funny quick-fix) and use the [PLAYER] command in the text. It would make it like this:

[PLAYER]: I DO HAVE A POKEMON!
LOOK!

Officer: Oh...you do...well
you still can't pass.

The game's creators told me
not to let you pass, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Well... I could check that script but I think it isn't really important...
If I can guess some setflag isn't set on the right place...
Maybe checkpokemon command would help...
Well, you guys could use the quick-fix I just suggested to SP, or the checkpokemon might work. I've only ever used it once while playing around with XSE, and it worked then. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out well, just use that quick-fix.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
☆Konata☆
~☆~Lucky~☆~Star~☆~

Kewl, Characters look awesome ^.^ No wonder you have a 5 star rating =p
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
PokemonTrainerd
Trainerd

Ugh. I changed my save type to 128k and I still get a white screen. I tried going to the site but it just says "Server Not Found". -.-

deviantart - twitter
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerd View Post
Ugh. I changed my save type to 128k and I still get a white screen. I tried going to the site but it just says "Server Not Found". -.-
Send a PM to Xenoblade. He'll fix things up.
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Send a PM to Xenoblade. He'll fix things up.
Hehe, glad to be known as a helpful person! Already done SP, prior to you saying this I sent him a PM (I'm watching this thread every day, along with LP). According to him it's working perfectly.

Old March 6th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
Hehe, glad to be known as a helpful person! Already done SP, prior to you saying this I sent him a PM (I'm watching this thread every day, along with LP). According to him it's working perfectly.
So it worked... I suggest you to put tutorial here
That way you won't be bothered by pm's/vm's
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
So it worked... I suggest you to put tutorial here
That way you won't be bothered by pm's/vm's
I wish/would if I could, but I can't. It involves linking to a ROM site. It has ROM's on there, so any tutorial I give won't be worth much. Despite what people say, at least 80% of them are using a bad ROM, not bad settings. The PM's/VM's won't cease, but luckily since this is Chrono and not LP, we can just tell everyone a simple answer: "First Post!". (Thank you Dante!) LOL!

Old March 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I patched it with the Ruby Rom and it's acting like it's not patched right.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I patched it with the Ruby Rom and it's acting like it's not patched right.
You need to be a bit clearer as to what's the initial problem. Is there a white screen, or are there points where things seem to be missing? Please describe the problem, and then we'll try and help.

Old March 8th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Soul.//Silver

Not sure if anyone else got this, but the first time you meet Dante my screen froze. Well actually, I went into my Bag so I could teach the Dig TM to my Poochyena and when I came out everything was frozen, I couldn't move anywhere or do anything but the BGM was still playing. Too bad I didn't save before opening the menu.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
The screen shows the Game Boy logo, then nothing else happens.

This is what it does:

Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]

Last edited by Konekodemon; March 8th, 2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
The screen shows the Game Boy logo, then nothing else happens.

This is what it does:
We can't help you if you aren't using VBA.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

But I am using VBA...........

[/sig-reason]
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Huh? This is really weird...
I'm pretty sure that this screen doesn't appear on GBA games xD
Use different ROM and maybe re-download the patch.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
ball2012003
Beginning Trainer

Is this game even being made still or what I already beat beta 2 and I don't want to look foward to nothing
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
But I am using VBA...........
Lol, you're using the wrong ROM. This plays on Pokemon Ruby Version. It doesn't play on G/S/C or anything before or after R/S/E. I'll PM you some information, follow from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball2012003 View Post
Is this game even being made still or what I already beat beta 2 and I don't want to look foward to nothing
It's still being made, but as the same is with Light Platinum (LP), it won't have another beta for a while. Believe me, everyone here wants a new beta; SP, Ash and I included.

Last edited by Xenoblade; March 9th, 2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: No it does not!
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Where do I go after I get the package?

[/sig-reason]
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Where do I go after I get the package?
Well, since I don't really get to say this often (or ever, really...), refer to YouTube! There's a walk through over there, and here's a link to the first part.

Mods, don't worry, I made sure it doesn't link to ROM's. However, since it's your job, feel free to check

Last edited by Xenoblade; March 9th, 2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Hooray for links! (And YouTube!)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links