The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
kelvin001
Beginning Trainer

Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Sky

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
when i go to urban city, i talked to gym leder.
And the event teach me how to catch pokemon was actived. ==>This is a bug.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
Sky

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
well, you updated beta1 bug fixed.
thank you.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
Osher99

Originally Posted by Sakibou View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

Any advice?

Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
Thats will help you

I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..

Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
>Dante<
Call me Steven

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Dante<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodies. View Post
Word of advice maybe you should PM your request to an Admin or Mod. It will get spotted and therefore moved much quicker
ok
thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solebro View Post
This looks so interesting, with the dream, and the garydos.
Awesome!
thx Solebro

Quote:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

Any advice?
I have created a tutorial about this in the first post of this hack
I hope that can help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin001 View Post
Hey Dante,
Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason
yeah..
sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
well, you updated beta1 bug fixed.
thank you.
there is already in the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post

Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
Thats will help you

I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..
mmm
why you can't use the 128K save??
====================================================
UPDATES!
Pokèmon Crono is finally in the Hack Showcase!!
Does this mean that now also my hack can participate in the HOTM of April??
I don't sincerely know it..
however I've released the bug Fixed in the first post!
I have fixed the scirpt of LANCE and I have closed the road that brings to URBAN CITY.
in reality it was not my intention to include this city and not even Porto VALLUM in the beta 1..
however I had forgotten to close that road XD
I hope that now, with the bug fixed there are not problems.
If you notice some other bug signal it to me with an image (so that me I succeed in understanding better).
Thanks

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Osher99

Dude I cant play in 128K and 64K save type.. i dont know what the problem..
It's steel a white screen..

Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
toolTRA
Beginning Trainer

The palettes are awesome and in really like the
tiles for inside the house.

Spoiler:
Name:
Position applying for:
Proof of work:

Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Zado
Beginning Trainer

How far ( how many badges ) does this beta go ?
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
markiss92
Beginning Trainer

the part where you edited the wally event was very creative. i still have more to watch but i am very impressed.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Flaming_Printer
Beginning Trainer

This is a rather amazing hack, it is quite obvious you are very good at scripting. I will have to play the Beta soon.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Yeah, I'm having the white screen problem too, yet I've used this base for many ruby hacks. Hmm.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Sakiko123

I'm not sure if this was said yet and if it happens to everyone, but I found a weird glitch. It was just after talking to Lance and heading back home to make the delivery when I noticed it. I had walked into a patch of grass and had a void Pokemon... No HP, no image... Just a blank Pokemon...
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
yackm
Beginning Trainer

Unfortunately for me with no$gba i get a rom image crash and with VBA it dsnt do anything at all, not even white, just black

edit: And yes i did what was said on the first page, i'm running vista, still just crashing. I have used two seperate rom bases which worked fine by themselves without the ips patch.

I used the lunar ips patch proggy

Last edited by yackm; April 3rd, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
YellowAdventure
My name is Yellow

Thank for the beta. Pokemon Crono is the best

Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the white screen.
EDIT: Okay, I finally got it figured out.

Your game is in serious need of some proofreading! The overabundance of errors completely interferes with the overall experience of the game. I understand that English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for releasing a beta before even making a decent attempt at fixing those errors, whether you're the one fixing them or you make an effort to find someone who will.

With that said, I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I've already encountered several errors:

1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.

The graphics, however, are superb. And, the traitorous assistant made me laugh.

Last edited by Tsukiyo; April 3rd, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
zlayer200
Sw3den H4ck3r ;d

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zlayer200
one thing i dont know why, when i patch the clean english room Ruby and then start the game it just become a white screen, is there any problem with the ips?
Although the game looks very good by reading the story and seeing the screens, countiune with your lovely job!

Old April 4th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
I've just finished Beta 1, and it's great! (Except for the
Grammar and Spelling Mistakes.)

The "Lance stealing your Pokemon" glitch still occurs. So I actually
have to cheat for Pokeballs to catch a Wild Poochyena instead.

The Gyarados script and the Catching Poochyena scripts are really awesome.

At the end of the Beta, I was kinda thinking of what Deathon Valley will look like.

There are suggestions that I really want you to put in the Hack.

And that is "Before, After and Defeated Trainer Battle Text Changing."
I'm kinda sick of reading the same, plain, Ruby boring texts all over again.

And the another one is, the Normal People text. (Or objects) When I talk to
the Poster or something in Rufus's Lab, it said it's a computer.
And assistant is still saying "Prof. Birch". The Prof.'s name is Rufus, right?

And one more thing... can you change the "Lance catching Gyarados"
text? It's still the Wally text.

I know the message it's really long, but can you take your time to read this?

P.S Can you hire a Grammactical Mistakes Corrector like Light Platinum?
This will make the Hack twice as better.

Quote:
1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.
Post screenshots, dude. I think Dante will be bored of reading this bunch of text.
Old April 4th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
I posted that for his benefit.
If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;

But, I'll post screenshots nonetheless. Sometimes a visual gets the point across better, anyhow.
Although, some of what I posted obviously won't benefit from a screenshot.

I'm assuming the question mark glitch is tied in with the thieving Lance glitch. I was posting errors as I went and hadn't yet bothered to check if the glitch was occurring because I no longer had any Pokemon. I assumed it had to do with walking through the walls...XP
Old April 4th, 2009, 12:04 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

This game rocks!! If you want to get rid of the the grass animation in green wood, you can change the behaveor byte to 08 instead of 02.
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
I posted that for his benefit.
If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;
Sorry for being rude. I didn't mean it.

To Dante: Can't wait for more updates!
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Derlo
Braziliam Hacker!! De Mossoró

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Derlo
Unfortunately I can not say that the HACK is great .... It is terrible that happens to me two BUGS.
1 - After I speak with LANCE the first time in the second city. My pokemon disappears. And when having access to the MENU Pokemon rom crash.
2 - In the opening HACK, the design does not appear, only the name "Pokemon" and "cron VERSION"

PS: These bugs are the latest beta you posted!
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM
mangaroll
Teh Great Mangaroll

Ummm...I have a white screen even after putting save type to flash 128k.

But looks to me like its a great one.=p
Old April 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Osher99

Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
What to do?

Old April 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post
God.. I cant play!
Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
What to do?
You know this is a ruby rom patch right

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old April 5th, 2009, 04:11 PM
mangaroll
Teh Great Mangaroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
You know this is a ruby rom patch right

Yes...I don't think anyone could make that kind of mistake without realizing it after 10 seconds...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links