• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen DS, GBA SP, FR, and Sapphire

PSM

I LIKE CUPCAKES >:D
Years
If you trade a Pokemon from FR into Sapphire from the DS to the GBA, would it work? I'm asking because I think the GBA SP still needs a link cable, and the Nintendo DS is wireless. (I wanna evolve my eevee into a espeon, and FR doesn't have time)

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Do you see a serial port (link port) on the DS? No? Is your SP wireless? Nope. You can't trade DS to GBA in any shape, way, or fashion. Only way to do it is to have two GBA's (Classic, SP, or Micro) and a link cable.

Lightey

The Night Owl
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 28, 2016
If you trade a Pokemon from FR into Sapphire from the DS to the GBA, would it work? I'm asking because I think the GBA SP still needs a link cable, and the Nintendo DS is wireless. (I wanna evolve my eevee into a espeon, and FR doesn't have time)

If you mean trading from Fire Red to Sapphire, that is possible.

But, the DS cannot use a GBA link cable.

However, if you have Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, you could trade the Pokemon in question to that, then trade it to Sapphire from there.

Back