The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM
marinos519
Beginning Trainer

Great hack. Let's hope we tried it soon.

A question.Were do you find such as sprites as the one Groudon has? It's from Battle Revolution, right?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinos519 View Post
Great hack. Let's hope we tried it soon.

A question.Were do you find such as sprites as the one Groudon has? It's from Battle Revolution, right?
Thanks The Groudon is from Pokemon Ranger.

So now here it is, the preview. It only goes up to the first gym and if you try and cheat you wap through the reigion, you'll end up in a Knato with messed up tiles.

Read this before playing http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966 and if anybody ask anything that is explained in there, it will be counted as spam.

Now enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon Infernal Legend.ips‎ (102.3 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Mōnštȝr¿
Looks good.
I'm going to try it right now.

Edit:I just finished this hack.
And it's very good actually good job i hope you finish it.
Also the intro where you explain that it's a hack and you call the (player) and tota(Total) idiot if they bought this game.
Yeah you spelt Total wrong.
Didn't know if you knew or not.

Last edited by Mōnštȝr¿; April 20th, 2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 04:53 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
This is very good, actually!
Do you need a mapper?
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:55 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke~ View Post
Looks good.
I'm going to try it right now.

Edit:I just finished this hack.
And it's very good actually good job i hope you finish it.
Also the intro where you explain that it's a hack and you call the (player) and tota(Total) idiot if they bought this game.
Yeah you spelt Total wrong.
Didn't know if you knew or not.
Thanks, I didn't know I spelt that wrong. I hope you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
This is very good, actually!
Do you need a mapper?
Thanks
As for now, I doing that mapping and scripting by myself but thanks you for the offer and I hope you enjoy the preview

UPDATES
I have thought of a neat trainer rematching system (Two of my MSN contacts will know) and I will be testing it, I hope it'll work.

I'm also going to be working towards the first beta and hopfeully it will be released in two weeks
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:02 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Why did you make tree border in Orre Village when you can use the rock one?
And, the mapping is sometimes pretty square. Still, I enjoyed it.
And, the OW has a side "mouse walk" the walking frames are the same height as the faced left/right OWs. Please, do change that.
And, where do we get to visit the awesome Amity Square?
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:29 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Why did you make tree border in Orre Village when you can use the rock one?
And, the mapping is sometimes pretty square. Still, I enjoyed it.
And, the OW has a side "mouse walk" the walking frames are the same height as the faced left/right OWs. Please, do change that.
And, where do we get to visit the awesome Amity Square?
Thanks, well I'll try and improve my mapping., The Orre Village border is the trees because I thought making it rock may cause some boder errors (I thougt you might be able to see bit of rock border at the top left corner of Route 2. Well I might change it.

The Overworld I will fix.

The Pokemon Square (Amity Square is fro DP ) will be in the proper beta, this is just a preview.
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:54 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Thanks, well I'll try and improve my mapping., The Orre Village border is the trees because I thought making it rock may cause some boder errors (I thougt you might be able to see bit of rock border at the top left corner of Route 2. Well I might change it.

The Overworld I will fix.

The Pokemon Square (Amity Square is fro DP ) will be in the proper beta, this is just a preview.
Oh.
Well, good luck again!
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Oh.
Well, good luck again!
Thanks. I fixed the OW and the border is now rock

Also, I have decided that the first beta will go up to the third gym, which means that there will be the Pokemon Square and a minigame in the beta
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
PBFHDude
Fire Type Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PBFHDude
Good luck with this dude.

Click to go to my sprite thread

Awesome pic by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Old April 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Curt_09
Also known as Chozo

Hey, while playing this preview I just noticed something...
While running around exploring the first town before talking to Grandma, I found my way into Route 1...
You need a fourth script keeping you from going out of town. You can get out at the level of the treetops that line to bottom of Route 1. Just putting that out there...
Otherwise, nice hack so far. Maybe you can explain the bitmap thing to change the titlescreen?
I don't know, I'm probably just wasting your space here. Good looking hack, keep it up. I'll let you know if I find any other random things lol.

Old April 25th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Well I have inserted the Magma music tracks and made a vid of them.

Last edited by Pokepal17; May 31st, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Well I have inserted the Magma music tracks and made a vid of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqpFv...e=channel_page
That's a pretty cool remix.

I played the Preview. It's pretty cool.
But the only thing I don't really understand in the Hack is why there's a
earthquake in the Hero's room after he/she took the Running Shoes.

I think it will be better if the Heroine/Rival/Rocky's OW are edited too.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM
DaiTyrant
Sono inochi , Kami no kaishte

Send a message via AIM to DaiTyrant Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaiTyrant
now this is looking awesome . Good luck with it man . I sincerely hope to see it finished
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Prince View Post
That's a pretty cool remix.

I played the Preview. It's pretty cool.
But the only thing I don't really understand in the Hack is why there's a
earthquake in the Hero's room after he/she took the Running Shoes.

I think it will be better if the Heroine/Rival/Rocky's OW are edited too.
The Earthquake a a symbol of something
I'm not the best spriter so I may not change those (FR's people OWs are okay, the Pokemon ones are bad )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiTyrant View Post
now this is looking awesome . Good luck with it man . I sincerely hope to see it finished
Thanks

UPADATES

I have a drawn out a worldmap, but it's not inserted yet
Credits to Zel for the worldmap tiles.

I've done another little palette change and this is what it looks like now.

and I have new Center and Mart indoor tiles, credits to Kyledove. btw the center tiles aren't meant to be center tiles but I think they look nice
I had to draw some stuff like the Pokeball thing in the middle myself

I would also like to thank Magnius for a remix he let me use

As for events, all I need to do are some trainerbattles and then I have done up to the 2nd gym. So I'll post screenies and then this can go in the hack's showcase. I've also made a fishing contest for this beta
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Laidjon*
An eternal equilibrium~

Nature: Relaxed
Nice update! The world map is kinda boring, but it's probably not finished... I hope =)
Also, I like your tiles, but your mapping needs improvement. The Pokecenter and Mart are awesome!
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Sorry, I couldn't get screenies of the cave and route 3 but these screenis show eveything in the second and third academy city.

btw, Since I have a beta and screenshots past the 3rd academy, please may a MOD move this thread into hacks showcase it it's up to the standard Thnx in advance

Beta 1.0
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon Infernal Legend.ips‎ (176.0 KB, 23 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Pokepal17; May 25th, 2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
billhill94
Awesome!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to billhill94
I decided to start playing the beta about an hour ago. I have just reached Voltaic city. The game seems great so far, but there are few things I would like to say.

The cave inhabited my Team Magma before Voltaic city was extremely tough due to the fact that you can't go back to the pokémon centre. I found myself saving after winning each battle, and often reseting, but every time it was because the one of my two pokemon which I was training up had fainted. When I finally, reached the exit, I was looking forward to a pokémon centre, but what did I find? More trainers. I was now reseting because both of my pokemon were fainting. I only brought out 5 potions because I didn't think I would need loads. Still, I managed to reach Voltaic cithy only using 4 potions and 1 paralyz heal. This was a really tough challenge. This may sound like a complaint, but I really enjoyed playing through this part of the game.

Other smaller things are:

A girl saying "Route 4 is at the foot of Mt. Moon".
A girl in the Voltaic city pokemon city says somethign about the upstairs, which you have removed.
The chikorita sprite looks quite good, but it appears a bit big.

However, I loved pretty much everything the game. The tiles, the music, the storyline, it's all great. I hope you keep up the good work, and I will now carry on playing through what has so far been an exciting beta.

Edit: At least I have a lot of money after all those trainers

Edit: Pokémon square is great, but there isn't much there. I'm assuming more stuff will get added?
Also, I'm at the second academy, and I've checked every bin three times. No switch. Is there somethign else I'm supposed to or...?

Edit: After checking them all for a fourth time, I would like to quote the game. Nothing happened!
Also, I am unable to leave on the east side of the city as it won't let me walk through the door (as if there is no warp there).
I'm pretty stuck at this point in the game, so I'll just wait until the morning for your reply. It's entirely possible that I've just completely missed something, in which case, I'll feel stupid.

Last edited by billhill94; May 24th, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:12 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

I played the second beta and it was great and I did not have any problems with the trainers in the cave because of combusken's double kick keep up the good work
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
billhill94
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
I played the second beta and it was great and I did not have any problems with the trainers in the cave because of combusken's double kick keep up the good work
Yeah, I was using Combusken's double kick too, but it was my pidgey that kept fainting. I'm not sure why I even bothered with it, I probably should have just used Combusken. Pidgeotto has been pretty useless.

This statement is false

PSN name: billy500
Youtube name: billhill94
Otherwise know as: Get out of the cookie jar!

Old May 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billhill94 View Post
Yeah, I was using Combusken's double kick too, but it was my pidgey that kept fainting. I'm not sure why I even bothered with it, I probably should have just used Combusken. Pidgeotto has been pretty useless.
I always train the starter i never train any other pokemon I do that in every pokemon game I play
I beat the whole game just with my starter everytime

Edit: Can the fishing contest be won because all there is to catch are
magikarps and when I caught it I did not win
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952

Last edited by alo123; May 24th, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
I decided to start playing the beta about an hour ago. I have just reached Voltaic city. The game seems great so far, but there are few things I would like to say.

The cave inhabited my Team Magma before Voltaic city was extremely tough due to the fact that you can't go back to the pokémon centre. I found myself saving after winning each battle, and often reseting, but every time it was because the one of my two pokemon which I was training up had fainted. When I finally, reached the exit, I was looking forward to a pokémon centre, but what did I find? More trainers. I was now reseting because both of my pokemon were fainting. I only brought out 5 potions because I didn't think I would need loads. Still, I managed to reach Voltaic cithy only using 4 potions and 1 paralyz heal. This was a really tough challenge. This may sound like a complaint, but I really enjoyed playing through this part of the game.

Other smaller things are:

A girl saying "Route 4 is at the foot of Mt. Moon".
A girl in the Voltaic city pokemon city says somethign about the upstairs, which you have removed.
The chikorita sprite looks quite good, but it appears a bit big.

However, I loved pretty much everything the game. The tiles, the music, the storyline, it's all great. I hope you keep up the good work, and I will now carry on playing through what has so far been an exciting beta.

Edit: At least I have a lot of money after all those trainers

Edit: Pokémon square is great, but there isn't much there. I'm assuming more stuff will get added?
Also, I'm at the second academy, and I've checked every bin three times. No switch. Is there somethign else I'm supposed to or...?

Edit: After checking them all for a fourth time, I would like to quote the game. Nothing happened!
Also, I am unable to leave on the east side of the city as it won't let me walk through the door (as if there is no warp there).
I'm pretty stuck at this point in the game, so I'll just wait until the morning for your reply. It's entirely possible that I've just completely missed something, in which case, I'll feel stupid.
The cave is meant to be a chalenge

The text I will fix

The Chikorita OW is from MD and I can't get it smaller

Okay, the switch is randomly generated and the randoms aren't working in your favour

Quote:

Quote:
LOL

Quote:
I always train the starter i never train any other pokemon I do that in every pokemon game I play
I beat the whole game just with my starter everytime

Edit: Can the fishing contest be won because all there is to catch are
magikarps and when I caught it I did not win
Do you think I would make encountering a squirtle easy XD
Old May 25th, 2009, 03:43 AM
billhill94
Awesome!

Quote:
Okay, the switch is randomly generated and the randoms aren't working in your favour
I decided to try again, and I only had to click 2 bins before it said "the electric lock is open". I was just having bad luck I guess =/

This statement is false

PSN name: billy500
Youtube name: billhill94
Otherwise know as: Get out of the cookie jar!

Old May 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

I got stuck on Route 3, here:
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
I decided to try again, and I only had to click 2 bins before it said "the electric lock is open". I was just having bad luck I guess =/

Quote:
I got stuck on Route 3, here:
Thanks for that, I'll fix it and enjoy the game

Sponsored Links