Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2009 (11:30 AM). Edited March 26th, 2009 by Aljam.
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest

Intro

Hello my name is Allen! ive decided to pause my other hack to make a comeplete different one.

Well, here it is!!!

Rom Info

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
Hack name: Pokemon Dragon Legacy

Story

the way im telling the story will be a little bit different than the conventional way the story goes. Every 1-3 days i will post a little bit more of the story to make you want to know what happens next.

March 10

Spoiler:
You are the son of lance. you have been chosen by the elder of blackthorn city (the elder dude from crystal) to start a journey and be the next big pkmn master. you are put through many trials. lance gives you a bagon and he tells you to go train at mt silver...

Spoiler:
...you journey to the top of mount silver and witness an epic battle between red and a trainer (hiro/talor/gold) red pwns taylor wit charizard's hyperbeam and blast an exit to the other side of mt silver. red and taylor exits through the hole. you go through and see a stunning new region! a mountainous region, terra (or another name if already taken), is north of johto and will have many complex caves in you wake. you soon discover the history of terra and what lies underneath it...

March 11

Spoiler:
... you try call your dad on your cell to tell him what has just happened but he doesnt answer. after trying for a bit you give up and decide to explore this area. you climb down the mountain only to see a dessert. after what it seems like days you finally spot a town (or is it?)...

March 12

Spoiler:
...you enter the city. you spot a sign that says "impala city-- terra's dessert rose". you soon realise that impala city is a really big city, mabee even bigger than goldenrod. but something is very fish about impala city, nobody is out side and all the doors are locked but the pokecenter...

March 21

Spoiler:
...you enter the pokecenter and it too seems desserted at first glance. you go down the escalator into the basement. nothing's in the basement. as soon as you go upstairs three hooded goons ambush you...

Status

I have started to tile hunt. I think I'm going to use kyledove's tiles. I'm having a little trouble with the insertion of pokemon sprites. If anybody wants to help me with this that would be awesome. Screenshots will be added soon.

Features

-new story
-different music
-new region
-get to go back to johto(yeah!!!)
-plot twists (what a twist!)
-new items
-mabye some dp pokemon
-anything else i or you can think of(ill credit anybody whose ideas get put up here)

Banners

Spoiler:
if anybody would like to make banners it would be highly appreciated

Endnotes

I will be doing everything exept beta testing.

oh,a word of advice, i want constructive critism and no spamming please
Old March 11th, 2009 (03:40 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
Ok well know one is posting here and I don't know why. It seems promising but not to appealing right now. Maybe if you reveal a little more of the storyline people will notice it. Also you could explain terra with more than just it's a mountanous region. The more you put the more people will post. Well good luck.
Old March 11th, 2009 (03:58 PM).
Aljam
Pierce the heavens

Quote originally posted by baseballscooper:
Ok well know one is posting here and I don't know why. It seems promising but not to appealing right now. Maybe if you reveal a little more of the storyline people will notice it. Also you could explain terra with more than just it's a mountanous region. The more you put the more people will post. Well good luck.
ya i know. my other thread was better! ill try to make this thread more appealling.
i think im going to post the story a little different. i will only post little snipets of the story. use your imagination. each day i will add a little bit more to the story. How does that sound

Anyways here ill post a bit of the story here:

Spoiler:
... you try call your dad on your cell to tell him what has just happened but he doesnt answer. after trying for a bit you give up and decide to explore this area. you climb down the mountain only to see a dessert. after what it seems like days you finally spot a town (or is it?)...
Old March 12th, 2009 (03:14 AM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

That's a new concept I haven't seen before. It seems like a good way to draw people in to see what happens next.
Old March 12th, 2009 (04:21 PM).
Aljam
Pierce the heavens

Quote originally posted by baseballscooper:
That's a new concept I haven't seen before. It seems like a good way to draw people in to see what happens next.
i know :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March break is soon here!!! that means alot of work is going to be done. i just finished inserting some tiles from my other hack and most music editing is done.

anyways i want to know what would be good battle music
a) mighty morfin power rangers theme
b) through the fire and flames
or c) some dp BATTLE MUSIC

well, here is another snipit from the story.
Spoiler:
...you enter the city. you spot a sign that says "impala city-- terra's dessert rose". you soon realise that impala city is a really big city, mabee even bigger than goldenrod. but something is very fish about impala city, nobody is out side and all the doors are locked but the pokecenter...

i wonder what lies ahead for the hero...

umm... also i might do wat tropical sunlight/~watermelon~ did
and give you a quiz and if you get the answer right you get a part in the game. you can either be a gym leader or an E4 member or a helpful person who gives you a hint. ill get a question for you guys on saturday ok?
Old March 14th, 2009 (07:34 PM).
UltraXTheMagmaDrapion
Dinosaurs~

Nature: Quirky
This looks okay, but it doesn't have a banner that I can put in my sig.
Old March 16th, 2009 (03:27 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Do you know when any screens or maps will be up?
Old March 17th, 2009 (08:20 AM).
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Paragon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
I'd love to see this finished.
Old March 17th, 2009 (10:37 AM).
Spookyghost
Beginning Trainer

Sounds good. I like the idea as a whole, and especially the part where the new region is first discovered.

btw, its desert, if you mean a place with loads of sand. Sorry, but I'm one of those types of people.
Old March 21st, 2009 (12:19 PM).
Aljam
Pierce the heavens

sorry guys...

been awhile. lately ive been sick so progress has been halted a bit.(not much) i just got better so more stuff on the way. about the maps and screens, i post some up sometime next week.
you will be simultaneusly be travelling between terra and johto at the same time during your quest honing your skills.

Spoiler:
...you enter the pokecenter and it too seems desserted at first glance. you go down the escalator into the basement. nothing's in the basement. as soon as you go upstairs three hooded goons ambush you...
Old March 21st, 2009 (12:31 PM).
Aljam
Pierce the heavens

Quote originally posted by Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi:
I really like this hack, can I help`?
what can you do? i was thinking for some help so mabee
Old March 21st, 2009 (12:35 PM).
Aljam
Pierce the heavens

not now but when i get a beta finished you can test it.
Old July 28th, 2009 (07:12 AM).
jacob654951
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Archon:
i know :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March break is soon here!!! that means alot of work is going to be done. i just finished inserting some tiles from my other hack and most music editing is done.

anyways i want to know what would be good battle music
a) mighty morfin power rangers theme
b) through the fire and flames
or c) some dp BATTLE MUSIC

well, here is another snipit from the story.
Spoiler:

i wonder what lies ahead for the hero...

umm... also i might do wat tropical sunlight/~watermelon~ did
and give you a quiz and if you get the answer right you get a part in the game. you can either be a gym leader or an E4 member or a helpful person who gives you a hint. ill get a question for you guys on saturday ok?
DEFENETLY THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES B!
Old July 28th, 2009 (02:23 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
jacob654951, it's against the rules to revive threads which are older than a month.
refrain from doing so.
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links