The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack of the Month
Pokémon Legend of Fenju 29 24.37%
Pokémon Moonshine 18 15.13%
Pokémon Light Platinum 72 60.50%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Went's room
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos

Introduction


Three days late, but it's here~ You have until the first of April to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

  • You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.
__________________
Cooltrainer♂ wants to battle!
Breloom (Lv. 47) - Technician - (Mach Punch, Bullet Seed)
Zangoose (Lv. 49) - Toxic Boost - (Slash, Close Combat)
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #2    
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Chimchar 9's Avatar
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England, Southampton.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
This is my opinion:
It was really hard between Pokemon LOF and Pokemon LP, but im gonna have to go with pokemon light platinum, because it's amazing graphics and the awesome scripts but not just that there are alot of features and new ow's into it, and he is improving it much more from the last beta as we all can see.

Buizel 9 ~
__________________
Pokemon Green Diamond
Status: On Hold.

Last edited by Chimchar 9; March 13th, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
  #3    
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:27 AM
teddydude30's Avatar
teddydude30
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Gender:
go light platinum it is beast
  #4    
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
I'm voting Legend of Fenju becuase it has probably the best storyline I have ever seen.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #5    
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:07 AM
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
damn!
it's okay that it's late, but it's too difficult to choose! >.<
__________________
  #6    
Old March 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
...the hell? Why is Light Platinum eligible again? Don't you guys think that's a tad unfair? I mean, it already had its chance. Why give it another when there are plenty of other good hacks out there?
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #7    
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:30 AM
LolstermanZ
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brooklyn,NY,11214
Gender:
Nature: Bashful
Defintly* Light PLatnium BEcause Of The SPEcial FeatureZ Likes The Riding oN A TUR- PokESMOnZ OnZX Lava
  #8    
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Surf's Avatar
Surf
...
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rust
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
Moonshine FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
...the hell? Why is Light Platinum eligible again? Don't you guys think that's a tad unfair? I mean, it already had its chance. Why give it another when there are plenty of other good hacks out there?
He has a point :\
__________________
I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
  #9    
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!'s Avatar
Poke_a_Dialga!
EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: no when
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Light platinum...
Yup, thats my choice...
__________________
Tim Wu 2007-2010 Productions
S.F Productions
Presents






Last edited by Poke_a_Dialga!; March 17th, 2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: 0.o
  #10    
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:40 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Go die, Jake!
__________________
#

Last edited by hashtag; March 13th, 2010 at 07:57 AM.
  #11    
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Griin.'s Avatar
Griin.
Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I vote for Pokemon Light Platinum. Reason why i choice this one is that gameplay seem pretty good with all those scripts and amazing tiles.
__________________
It's comming...
  #12    
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
My vote for this month goes to Light Platinum, as the graphics are godly and I enjoyed the scripts.
__________________
  #13    
Old March 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Went's room
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
...the hell? Why is Light Platinum eligible again? Don't you guys think that's a tad unfair? I mean, it already had its chance. Why give it another when there are plenty of other good hacks out there?
I did try not to have a hack eligible twice, but I couldn't find a hack that was good enough to be nominated for Hack of the Month and wasn't outdated or recent.

And I think it did deserve another chance, look at how many votes it's got now. There may even be more second chances for other hacks, they were chosen because they were good, so why choose hacks that aren't as good for the next months just because they were already nominated?
Since you say that there's plenty of good hacks that should be nominated, I'd be happy to take some of your choices into consideration. :3
__________________
Cooltrainer♂ wants to battle!
Breloom (Lv. 47) - Technician - (Mach Punch, Bullet Seed)
Zangoose (Lv. 49) - Toxic Boost - (Slash, Close Combat)
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #14    
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
alexomat's Avatar
alexomat
Legendary Alexand
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Nature: Lonely
Im sure pokémon light platinum is going to win!!!
By the way I voted for that!
__________________

My friend code: 4897 9592 1085
  #15    
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Tyrantrum's Avatar
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I vote for Pokémon: Light Platinum because, it has got to be one of the best Ruby hacks I have played since Legend of Gaurdians by destinedjagold. I love everything about it. The maps are an okay-kind-of-decent. The scripts are great! I also love the different use of tiles.
__________________




(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
  #16    
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
Since you say that there's plenty of good hacks that should be nominated, I'd be happy to take some of your choices into consideration. :3
How 'bout Liquid Crystal?
I would also say Flame of Rage but two ROM Revearz hacks in one month probably isn't a good idea. There's always next month though
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #17    
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
balkj06's Avatar
balkj06
Pokemon Kanto
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
I did try not to have a hack eligible twice, but I couldn't find a hack that was good enough to be nominated for Hack of the Month and wasn't outdated or recent.
:3
so how does a hack get outdated or recent?
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Just move the banner to the center also and you should be fine.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #18    
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
flyin_hawaiian's Avatar
flyin_hawaiian
the one nobody knows...yet!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
I am voting Legend of Fenju because I like the story. The different regions to explore seems cool too, and overall the mapping is good.
  #19    
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eng-->Lndn.
Age: 18
Nature: Timid
I vote for, Pokemon Light Platnium. Because, when it comes to graphics, this
is the hack. And the recent updates have been stunning. Im beginning to gain
insperation from this. Although Legend of fenju comes close.. This still gets
my vote.
__________________
Royal blue demo, comming soon. Really soon.
Tropical Sunlight <3
  #20    
Old March 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
I did try not to have a hack eligible twice, but I couldn't find a hack that was good enough to be nominated for Hack of the Month and wasn't outdated or recent.
You know, now that I think of it, you're right. When you asked me to look through which hacks should be eligible, I had some trouble finding any good hacks. I guess we'll have to just keep recycling those hacks although if we do that, eventually, all of them will have won and we'll run out of good hacks to vote on :\
Why don't the Mods just choose a hack without input from the members? Or if you want member participation, how 'bout having the people nominate three hacks and then have the Mods choose from those?
Wait, this is starting to sound a hell of a lot like the HotY now :D
I guess we should just keep things the way they are.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #21    
Old March 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM
Gallant's Avatar
Gallant
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I voted for light platinum for its tiles and graphics :D
__________________
Friend Code: 2165-7061-5456
Ground type Safari: Sandshrew, Gastrodon and Marowak
  #22    
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
zel 2.0's Avatar
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Argentina
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Considering the amount of effort put on graphics, Light Platinum should be the winner here, no question. Also seems to have a good effort on scripts. So, effort on the areas I most care about = a vote for the HotM.

Oh, and the fact that I can use a Kingdra while diving did not affect my vote... I swear...! Why dont you believe me? >.<
__________________


  #23    
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Falcon's Avatar
Falcon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender:
I Like Legend of Fenju's Storyline, cuz of that... i've vote for it!
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.