The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
Porygon never did evolve in Red and you can use a Trade Stone to evolve Kadabra.
You can evolve Porygon into Porygon 2 but you'll need an item

I'm in the safari zone trying to catch an Electrabuzz and it's impossible , I'm trying to keep throwing balls at it and it keeps coming out after 1 twitch and if you throw a rock it runs immediatly and above all : it's more rare then rare .

Last edited by killzone92; April 18th, 2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:51 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone92 View Post
You can evolve Porygon into Porygon 2 but you'll need an item

I'm in the safari zone trying to catch an Electrabuzz and it's impossible , I'm trying to keep throwing balls at it and it keeps coming out after 1 twitch and if you throw a rock it runs immediatly and above all : it's more rare then rare .
Um, no in Red you can't evolve Porygon.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Da Man
The One and Only

Quote:
Um, no in Red you can't evolve Porygon.
But this isn't Red, it's a hack based on Red where you CAN evolve Porygon.
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:14 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
But this isn't Red, it's a hack based on Red where you CAN evolve Porygon.
Ok back up. Read the thread. Someone said "Can you trade evolve Kadabra and Porygon in Brown or do you use items?" I replied "Porygon never evolved in Red" then someone said "He evolves by leveling up" and I said "No he doesnt because he doesnt evolve in Red".
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:19 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

How do you think Datai has a Porygon2 then? In Pokemon Brown Porygon evolves with a Upgrade which is in Silph Warehouse. So Porygon does evolve in this Pokemon Red hack.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeTehKin View Post
How do you think Datai has a Porygon2 then? In Pokemon Brown Porygon evolves with a Upgrade which is in Silph Warehouse. So Porygon does evolve in this Pokemon Red hack.
FFS, YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO READ.

I didn't say you couldn't get Porygon2 in Brown, I said you couldn't get it in RED.
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:31 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

we know but why did you mention it then
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:45 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone92 View Post
we know but why did you mention it then
*Sigh* I give up. Keep on believing Porygon evolves by trade in Pokemon Red...
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
XD, lol I have the Porygon 2! Let me sum this up for you all.

In the first 151 Pokemon in the original RBY games, Porygon had no evolution. Then, in the GSC games, Nintendo decided that he needed an evolution: Porygon 2. Porygon evolved in the GSC games by trading it from a GSC game to another GSC game while it was holding an up-grade. However, obviously you could not trade any of the GSC Pokemon back to the original games. When Coolboyman made this hack, he decided to edit the game so the GSC Pokemon were included in the Red hack, for the sake of epic hacking. But since, you really cannot trade Pokemon with friends on an emulator like on a Gameboy, he made special items for the trade-evolution Pokemon. He put in data for Porygon 2 in the original game and made the up-grade a useable evolution item instead of a hold and trade item. Thus Porygon 2 is available in the hacked game, not the actual Red version.

Last edited by Bluelatios*; April 18th, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM
fuznug
Hacker In Training

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to fuznug Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to fuznug
yes, yes, and more yes! i think i enjoyed this way more than i expected to... Thank You KBM! looking forward to Prism and Brown updates!
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:43 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I don't but you didn't make it clear in what you meant .
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
ashandmisty:

I understand what you were saying, although to most people it was coming across as you saying that since this is based on red Porygon can't evolve in Brown. Obviously we all know Porygon CAN evolve in Brown, and you would never have been saying it can't. But there is no need to get bent out of shape, it is a misunderstanding on both parts. In all honesty, this is exactly like.... 95% of the arguments me and my ex girlfriend used to have XD We were both right, and making two completely different arguments, we just both perceived it as one calling the other wrong.

Anyways, to sum it all up:

In RBY: Porygon has no evolution
In GSC: Porygon evolves by trade while holding upgrade
In Brown: Porygon evolves when you use Up-Grade (Found in Silph Warehouse)

Ashandmisty was right about it not evolving in red.
No one ever actually said you cannot get it in Brown.
Everyone was confused.

Okay, back to Brown now!:)

Old April 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
pie27
Beginning Trainer

Many props to Koolboyman for creating such an amazing hack. Two problems I just noticed, the former being minor, the latter being very broken, are
1) Weavile evolves with razor fang instead of razor claw
2)After Weaviles stats change back to normal, it becomes invincible, whenever the opponent attacks, HP goes to a random glichy #, so it never faints

It might be just me and my game, but it might be worth investigating. Sorry I couldn't get a pic, I really don't have the tools and the know how to do so.

Nevermind. The Weavile problem sort of fixed itself. Still might be a problem, not sure. Sorry for wasting your time. Still an awesome hack, though.

Last edited by pie27; April 18th, 2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
yeah, my weavile only had the symptom #1
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Melash
Back for now.

I just downloaded this hack, and I'm pretty happy I'll be able to play this. I'll post my comments here as soon as I finish this hack. I'll also post glitches, but I hope I won't have too many of those to post here...
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie27 View Post
Many props to Koolboyman for creating such an amazing hack. Two problems I just noticed, the former being minor, the latter being very broken, are
1) Weavile evolves with razor fang instead of razor claw
2)After Weaviles stats change back to normal, it becomes invincible, whenever the opponent attacks, HP goes to a random glichy #, so it never faints

It might be just me and my game, but it might be worth investigating. Sorry I couldn't get a pic, I really don't have the tools and the know how to do so.

Nevermind. The Weavile problem sort of fixed itself. Still might be a problem, not sure. Sorry for wasting your time. Still an awesome hack, though.
The second one is part of the evolution glitch as explained in the notes. It obviously had lots of HP when evolved, so it had more than max when its max HP returned to normal next level. If that happens to anyone, a simple trip to the Pokecenter will fix it.

The first one was probably my bad. Remember, I had to put in over 70 of these things in with raw hex, so it can't be perfect. I'll make sure to fix it next time.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM
robbingdog
I wanna be the guy

CBM, which of the new types use the physical stats, and which one use special?
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM
ghettomoose482
Beginning Trainer

I Don't know if it was just a problem with my rom but my rattata learned mega punch at lvl. 8, but a different rattata I caught at lvl. 10 didn't know the move
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
Quote:
actually it can evolve in red, but you need to trade a porygon holding an upgrade FROM g/s to red. This may be like trading glitch pokemon from r/b/y to gsc, so it may not work everytime. My friend did this once, but I can't remember if this was the trade he used the trade cloning glitch with it, so you may need to do that. I don't remember if, in red, the porygon2 had a porygon's sprite, or a glitch sprite, but it did say in the stats in red that the species was porygon2, and in the 2nd gen game it had a porygon 2 sprite.

anyway, I thought of an idea to make it so you can't get on cycling road w/o a bike, but it WILL involve making a new script. You could make a guy that stands in front of the c.r. gatehouse and only moves if you have a bike with you.

also, I just found a glitch on accident, I don't know if it was posted before, and it was in the update 1 version of brown 2.0. It is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png heal your glitch.PNG‎ (291.0 KB, 36 views)
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
~Undefined~
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
actually it can evolve in red, but you need to trade a porygon holding an upgrade FROM g/s to red. This may be like trading glitch pokemon from r/b/y to gsc, so it may not work everytime. My friend did this once, but I can't remember if this was the trade he used the trade cloning glitch with it, so you may need to do that. I don't remember if, in red, the porygon2 had a porygon's sprite, or a glitch sprite, but it did say in the stats in red that the species was porygon2, and in the 2nd gen game it had a porygon 2 sprite.

anyway, I thought of an idea to make it so you can't get on cycling road w/o a bike, but it WILL involve making a new script. You could make a guy that stands in front of the c.r. gatehouse and only moves if you have a bike with you.

also, I just found a glitch on accident, I don't know if it was posted before, and it was in the update 1 version of brown 2.0. It is attached.
No. It cannot. If i recall, G/S/C don't allow you to trade pokemon with items attached to R/B/Y/G. Now enough of Porygon and how he evolves.

Old April 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Innocence
PC Lurker: I'm watching you...

Nature: Lonely
I don't think I've posted here since Brown 2009, so I'd just like to say congratulations on fixing the hack! It was good enough last time, but now it's near perfect. All the language and map oddities are fixed, there are no significant gameplay glitches, some of the lower quality content is replaced...Brilliant. I don't think the psychic gym was...the way it is now in the original Brown, but I really like what you've done with it this time. Incidentally. has the "PP Up" in the warehouse been fixed with update two?

Just as a side note, I'm impressed with the increase in online maturity with people my age...no offense, but two years ago I could barely understand anything anyone said . Just noticed that reading some of the posts on this page. Kudos to them.

I cringe at things I've said here in the past years.
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:27 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Undefined~ View Post
No. It cannot. If i recall, G/S/C don't allow you to trade pokemon with items attached to R/B/Y/G. Now enough of Porygon and how he evolves.
Depends on your version. If you got Gold just as it came out you could trade Pokemon back to R/B/Y with Items (and when they traded back, it still held the item). I can remember trading my Kabutops to my friend's Silver version and it held an item (a berry or something).

When I got my Gold it was like months after release and I couldn't trade Gold Pokemon holding an item.
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Demo123
Clan Deity Reviver

R/B/Y did not have hold items, hence not being able to trade Pokemon with held items to them from G/S/C.

But stop this conversation, it is spam in this topic.

Click here to level up my license!

Pokemon D/P Code; 0774-3568-7521
Name; NATALIE

Brawl Code; 0946-3682-0404 - Millz

Youtube Account; Demonic12321 - Look at it to see some battles, and more.

Old April 19th, 2009, 02:38 AM
enViable
The Frozen Fire Alchemist

rofl...how does porygon evolve again?

just kidding

T15 - 13/13 10HC - 10 Man West 293
T16 - 14/14 10HC - 10 Man West 89

Old April 19th, 2009, 05:12 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if it's meant to be so but when you find suicune it can use roar but does it go wild then or is your chance forever lost
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links