The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mkhatri86
Beginning Trainer

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhatri86
Does this somehow have running shoes?

No...Prism Does...Not Brown...

EDIT-People say Suicune's in this...but I can't find him...or Zapdos...Help...Again...

Last edited by Master Terrador; April 23rd, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
YellowAdventure
My name is Yellow

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowAdventure View Post
there are four different eevee threw out brown
On YouTube Channel I will have a video today explaining how to get the Umbeon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon in Brown
http://www.youtube.com/YellowAdventures
I have made the video.
Please check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18WrLA0HLg

Last edited by YellowAdventure; April 23rd, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
axman11224

I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this ), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Master Terrador

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman11224
I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this ), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game
Jeez thats alot of text to swallow...Yes...Never doubt the skills of KBM...He's one of (If not) The best Hackers here...Also...can you get Entei...The only Dog I found is Raikou...
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

Where do you find Clefairy?

Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
in merson cave? i think in first and second floor
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfirenightmare9 View Post
No...Prism Does...Not Brown...

EDIT-People say Suicune's in this...but I can't find him...or Zapdos...Help...Again...
Suicune the left cave in Eaglou city the rest shouldn't be that difficult
and Zapdos , I'll give you a hint 1st gen

and 1 glitch , I can't use my bicycle in Azelea town
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Flaps
<Insert awsome line here>

Nature: Naughty
Just a small glitch, I think, is Octazooka supposed to poison? I figured it out though about the new attacks. KBM used the slash animation for metal claw, and in 1st gen slash ALWAYS critical hitted so that why metal claw did (untill he changed it) With Octazooka, you used either acid sludge or whatever posion type it is, for the animation, which is why it sometimes poisons. Oh yeah KBM I'd prefer it if you DIDN't fix this glitch :D

Anyways I just wanted to share what I realised.

Click me for sex!

Eli, AJ, Thunder, T.O.P, Teddy, Dujoon, Minho, Park Bom <3 <3 <3 <3
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Master Terrador

All i found was Articuno...And if your saying Zapdos is in the Power Plant...He's not...I scoured the whole thing and found Raikou only...
Old April 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Dominus_Draconis

odd, cause I found only zapdos and no raikou
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
uchiha sasuke
I'm glad I'm one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insectduel View Post
You need the VBA link Emulator, just turn on 2 gameboys with 2 different sa[GB Number] files to trade. Also, try not to bring an egg because you won't be able to carry it to Brown.

About 20 to 35. And what's even more unnoticable is some of the statistics isn't based until you evolve it.
What do you mean by "sa[GB Number]"? I don't get it..
I tried to open two visual boy advances (after i downloaded VBA link Emulator) but I didn't find a way to trade between two of my roms (i used saphire with emerald)
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, but here it seems that people know how to use it...
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha sasuke View Post
What do you mean by "sa[GB Number]"? I don't get it..
I tried to open two visual boy advances (after i downloaded VBA link Emulator) but I didn't find a way to trade between two of my roms (i used saphire with emerald)
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, but here it seems that people know how to use it...
Each carry different Save files for each VBA link emulator opened. I recommend you to move/copy/paste your VBA .SAV file and move it to the VBA link Save and rename the number of the emulator opened in certain order.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus_Draconis View Post
odd, cause I found only zapdos and no raikou
yeah, in power plant i found raikou, and in the cave i found suicune (in the datai video he found a articuno) and instead of entei in the cave above the seashore city i got moltres .

also i can't get the gold leaf :/ i wonder why

Last edited by NecromancingSaga; April 24th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Master Terrador

Ok...the Raikou/Zapdos thing is very confusing...And I found Articuno instead of Suicune...This is confusing me...If anyone knows what is going on...Plz Explain...
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:50 PM
pie27
Beginning Trainer

For those confused about the legendaries, the best theory I can think of is (ALERT: MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
It depends on your starter. If so, then usually
Articuno is at the cave by Eagolou
Zapdos is at the power plant
Moltres is at the cave above Seashore
and:
if you picked Bulbasaur, Raikou will replace Zapdos;
if you picked Charmander, Entei will replace Moltres;
if you picked Squirtle, Suicune will relace Articuno;
so it is thereby impossible to get all of the legendaries without trading. I'm not sure if this is somehow linked to the fact that it is either Mewtwo or Mew at the end of Eagolou park.

If KBM wants to verify, it's his choice. Don't know if this is completely correct, but it's a good guess. Hope this helps the mass confusion.
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM
tifaluv

no that's wrong. Me and Datai both picked Charmander yet found different Legendaries
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Dominus_Draconis

Also worth noting that I got Mew where Mew was, rather than the mewtwo a number have gotten
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

don't know...because i got raikou and suicune choosing squirtle
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:46 PM
pie27
Beginning Trainer

Wow. In that case. I have no clue. My bad. Sorry everyone. KBM, whatever trick you pulled, it certainly is clever and is a great way to add a bit of mystique to the game. Speeaking of legendaries, if the Gold Leaf has anything to do with them, then I'm screwed because it wasn't where it was in Datai's vids. Is that randomized too somehow, or is it just my game?
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Master Terrador

Wow this is a total mystery...I think I'm getting a Hedache...KBM...whatever you did...It is probably one of the most confusing Video game Mysteries I've ever thought about...(Besides the Chronological order of the Zelda games...)And I got the Gold Leaf...Here comes another hedache...And it adds A Very Confusing Mystery behind this Excellent Hack...

Last edited by Master Terrador; April 24th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:24 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Sometimes when you patch hacks to the wrong version of the ROM it messes up some data like finding the original Red legendaries and unable to find certain items. Make sure you patch it to the US version of the ROM and not the European version.

I just tested it on both to verify, European version includes original legendaries, USA has new ones. Both had Gold Leaf though so...
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM
herr_sebbe

Here's a little trainer glitch. I found a Bird Keeper near Owsauri that said "Fearow, kill", but then he just had a Spearow and a Natu. I know it's very minor, but I just thought I should let you know, CBM.
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM
tifaluv

I found the Gold Leaf in the shrine in Illex Forest
I found Suicune in the cave where Datai found Articuno
I found Mew where Mewtwo usually is
I found Zapdos in the place where people say Raikou is
and Moltres was in the cave above Seashore. So I only had 1 legendary dog in mine
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Master Terrador

I did patch it to the English Rom...So that Theories Out...And I still got Raikou...and did you prove this true...If so show me Pics. of all three of them...This is getting even more confusing...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links