The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

Cool. I'm waiting for the final quest.

One question though: Which part of Merson Cave is Clefairy in?

Old May 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
The Final quest is so near now :D
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
"- Some super secret stuff added for the final quest. You'll find out what these are next patch!"
Is this good English?
So are these super secret things added in this patch, or the final one?

Did anyone already find one of those new super sercret things?
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
jimmyrlondo
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to jimmyrlondo
in the mansion if you surf around in that little patch of water in the second room all the way to the right i found a very high level clefairy.... im talking high level. like 100+. it's a very high chance that you will encounter one there. just wanted to let you know.
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrlondo View Post
in the mansion if you surf around in that little patch of water in the second room all the way to the right i found a very high level clefairy.... im talking high level. like 100+. it's a very high chance that you will encounter one there. just wanted to let you know.
Wow, that sounds like the Cinnibar island glitch of Pokemon Brown. I updated the patch, you don't have to redownload it if you don't want to, but either way you can't get infinite items from this glitch, so don't even try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
"- Some super secret stuff added for the final quest. You'll find out what these are next patch!"
Is this good English?
So are these super secret things added in this patch, or the final one?

Did anyone already find one of those new super sercret things?
You can't find them. I meant I added some stuff into the coding that will be used for the final quest that I want to be a surprise. I was going to remove them for this patch, but it would have taken too much time so I left it in un-accessable for now.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
Well here's a new glitch in update 3:
the move "struggle" causes the screen to glitch up. the game will still work fine, except for the fact that many glitch blocks are all over the screen. I'm pointing this out on the thread because I don't think there are many unreported glitches anymore.
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh!
Silent Trainer...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ku-Ri-Boh!
I wanted to point that up^ but forgot to...
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Well I just updated the patch again to fix it :). Like before, you don't have to redownload it, but it's recommended.

Brown:

Twitter
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
bduddy

I apologize if you already knew about this, it was fixed in the last bugfix, or if it's a feature I'm just ignoring, but I was battling the very first trainer and using a Zubat against their Zubat-obviously we both only had Leech Life, but the weird thing was, both of us would miss every single time (at least 5 each, before I switched-way, way beyond normal probability). Is this a bug, or...?
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduddy View Post
I apologize if you already knew about this, it was fixed in the last bugfix, or if it's a feature I'm just ignoring, but I was battling the very first trainer and using a Zubat against their Zubat-obviously we both only had Leech Life, but the weird thing was, both of us would miss every single time (at least 5 each, before I switched-way, way beyond normal probability). Is this a bug, or...?
Nope I just tested it, you both just got unlucky.

Brown:

Twitter
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:34 PM
kleferi301
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by bduddy View Post
yes i noticed it to...
in low level, when a battle my zubat with a lower-level zubat, the lower-level zubat's leech live will always miss..,, but my zubat's leech seed is working fine...
so i test this by battling a higher-level zubat, and my leech life will miss everytime, but the higher-level's doesn't...

also the same thing with sand attack..
using sand attack when my pokemon's level still low(i.e. sandshrew <lv25)
the sand attack worked like charm and caused nearly every enemy's moves to miss and only hit very rarely, like 1 out of 15..
so i decided to keep my sand attack..
but when my sandslash reached >lv35 and fought high-level foe, the sand attack doesn't work like it used to be, the foe's moves hit more often, like 50% of the time...

is this a new feature in brown or it is a bug???
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Let me explain the Zubat thing.

The weak/super effective table was copied from Prism. This means all the attacks types are second generation based. Here are the changes:

Attacker - Defender - Gen I - Gen II
Bug Poison 2× ½×
Poison Bug 2× 1×
Ice Fire 1× ½×
Ghost Psychic 0× 2×

As you can see, Leech Life that is a bug type, attacking a Zubat (poison type) in Red would do 2x damage. However, now bug does 1/2x to poison. Leech life only has 20 base damage, the lowest attack in the game. I tested with a level 10 zubat leeching my level 3 zubat, and it only did 1 point of damage. Damage is rounded off, meaning the level 3 zubat attacking another level 3 zubat would do less that 0.5 damage (attack decimals are rounded), meaning it was rounded to 0 damage, so that's why it "misses".

Brown:

Twitter
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
disowned
Beginning Trainer

Alright being as my first post I have to say your hacks are awesome but Brown is very glitchy or I have a bad rom.

So here we go the Virus Scanner was not in Silph Co Warehouse I had to cheat to get the scanner. When you fight Giovanni you can only activate the fight by going to 1 spot you can totally by pass teh fight.

Not to mention there are so many buildings blocked, World Items where you can't reach them, Sprites not accessible. But the biggest problem so far is when I first went into Johto in which I was greeted with no 2nd Gen Pokemon Azeela town is littered with bug Mart is blocked off by terrain same with the PKMN center. The whole Azeela town is blocked off not sure if thats when the beta ends but it just does not run through.

Also Bugsy the gym leader was a lass with 2 level 13 pokemon.

Hopefully you can let me know on the problem also Nice work on Prism so far so good on that.
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
i have a question, is steelix supposed to be only steel type?
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM
joemustard
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
It's because you patched to the Pokemon Brown v1.1 ROM. I made it perfectly clear to patch it to a CLEAN Rom and then rename the rom the same name as the old version.
I did not patch to the brown rom. I made a copy of my red rom and patched to that. i tried downloading a new red rom and patching those with the new (5/14) patch multiple times but i still have the same problems.

ok, i got it to work now. i think the problem was the patching program i was using. i used JIPS on my mac and that didn't work so i downloaded lunar ips on my pc and used that and it seemed to fix the problem. i moved the patched rom from the pc to my mac and it works so far.

Last edited by joemustard; May 15th, 2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
disowned
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
-sigh- you have the old version. Download the correct version. All of those bugs were in the previous version.

COME ON PEOPLE. THINK! If your backpics don't match the backpics in the screenshots, what do you THINK is wrong?! I'm not here to wipe your butts.
lol I'm such a dunce. Ok anyways how do I set the color?

Last edited by disowned; May 15th, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
bduddy

Ah, thanks. I didn't realize that attacks that would do 0 missed instead. I think later generations round everything up to at least 1...

... also, Leech Life shouldn't have the lowest power in the game. That dishonor should go to Constrict, with 10 O_o
(I'm pretty sure Constrict was in 1st gen. If not, who would bother to add it? I mean...)
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM
balkj06
Pokemon Kanto

a few things when i go in a PC the game crashes (using VBA)
and on the route with the nugget the secoud trainer has level 30's (if it hard/fun to win)
does proygon elove if so how?
when do i see my frist none 1st gen pokemon

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by disowned View Post
lol I'm such a dunce. Ok anyways how do I set the color?
:O come on, seriously?

In VisualBoyAdvance you go 'Options>Gameboy' select 'SGB', then reload your ROM. If you're using another emulator, im sure it will be self explanatory, if not read the emulator Readme, which you could have done with VBA in the first place.
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:23 AM
joemustard
Beginning Trainer

is kadabra supposed to weaker when it evolves? it had stats of 40, 45, 97, 109 then i used a trade stone and alakazam had 62, 93, 83, 90. it got physically stronger but speed and special dropped. is that normal? i never paid attention to its stats way back when. one other note, this did not happen with graveler. golem had high stats all around
Old May 16th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh!
Silent Trainer...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ku-Ri-Boh!
Did he probably made mistakes in some base status?...
Old May 16th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
When a pokemon evolves, the stats go crazy (Like a Magmortar with all stats under 12 at lvl 18...lol) but fixes itself at the next level up.
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
tifaluv

Originally Posted by balkj06 View Post
awesome hack!

a few things when i go in a PC the game crashes (using VBA)
and on the route with the nugget the secoud trainer has level 30's (if it hard/fun to win)
does proygon elove if so how?
when do i see my frist none 1st gen pokemon
Use another version of VBA. VBALink 1.72 freezes on R/B/Y Pokemom Centers
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
I have a question and a few glitches (in the 1st update 3)

Q.1.What number does the pokedex go up to? i know there's at least 220, but does it go higher?

Q.2. Are you getting close to fixing the trading glitch? (the one that doesn't put the received pokemon in the dex)

Q.3. Is the sun stone in this game?

G.1.some of the trainers in Seashore gym's text goes out of the box

G.2.You can fight a level 0 gastly on the first level in slowpoke well.

G.3.Oh, there is a way to get onto the ss.anne with out cheating (by using a save from the old brown) and one of the trainers glitches up the game.

G.4. When you withdraw (or deposit) tm50, it says a glitch item's name instead of the real name

*note* all glitches (excluding the ss.anne one) I found while using a new 2.0 save, not one from 1.0

Last edited by poddish; May 17th, 2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
kleferi301
Beginning Trainer

ah, now I understand that zubat problem..
you're awesome, CBM..

er, i know it's an old trick, but you can do it in brown too..
sorry if anyone ever posted it before, but i didn't see one yet, cause I haven't read all the pages..

when your pokemon evolves, its stat wil be incorrect, right??
just drop the evolved pokemon on your PC, ad ta da....
its stat now correct...
it's more simple that way rather than having your pokemon level up while enduring the messed-up stat..
of course, it's not a big problem with low-level pokemon, but when they evolved at high level, such as dragonair(Lv55)......, i don't want having a dragonite with a butterfree stat..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links