The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover493
Yeah good point, but there is some people like me, who can't transfer save files to an emulator that supports trade. It's too hard and I end up doing it wrong. So I am just going to give up on trade and just capture the available pokemon for now.
I still need:Nidoqueen, Clefable, and Kanghaskhan. I'm just talking in pokemon in the game without trade. I have 215 seen. 198 owned. All of that without cheating or trading.
I Know What you mean...Those Few Elusive pokemon you just cannot find...That Drive you crazy mad trying to find them...

Wow...I'm Only at 156 owned...*sigh*...I'm Slow I Guess...T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi
Just curious, can you get any of the Johto Starters in this game.
I beat the game already btw.
You Can Get them at the game corner for 2,500 Coins...
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
but i dont know if the trading pokemon problem of pokedex not registering the traded pokemon is fixed
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecromancingSaga View Post
but i dont know if the trading pokemon problem of pokedex not registering the traded pokemon is fixed
It's not fixed, but it doesn't matter, I'll be able to validate if you have all the Pokemon anyway.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Axel Anvil
Beginning Trainer

For the life of me, I can't find the sixth gym in rijon. Can anyone tell me the location?
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Well, my and CBM were going to make a tutorial for connecting online, but it is just FAR too unstable ATM...

So, instead, if people would like to trade pokemon, I suggest using Team Viewer, it is a program that lets 2 people control one PC.
If you use TGB Dual with it, you can both control TGB dual, and trade.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:22 PM
filler2001
Beat Pokemon Brown 8D

Send a message via AIM to filler2001
The 6th gym is in seashore
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Anvil View Post
For the life of me, I can't find the sixth gym in rijon. Can anyone tell me the location?
In your hometown, cut the tree.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
Iced
Aspiration

Nature: Lonely
What point in Crystal do I need to be to trade with Brown? I just started a new Crystal file and I have 2 badges in Brown.
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:51 AM
etron-sensei
Beginning Trainer

after the 3rd badge in crystal, when you see bill in ecruteak city's pokémon center for the time machine obtention.

Old August 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by etron-sensei View Post
after the 3rd badge in crystal, when you see bill in ecruteak city's pokémon center for the time machine obtention.
The only problem is that you need to wait 1 more day before trading. I had the same results myself.

I wonder anyone consider translating Pokemon Brown into Japanese text. It uses mostly Katakana and Hiragana except some translators won't have the option to translate english to basic Japanese.
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
cardboardbox yesterday, is the first person to complete his Pokedex 100% legit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insectduel View Post
I wonder anyone consider translating Pokemon Brown into Japanese text. It uses mostly Katakana and Hiragana except some translators won't have the option to translate english to basic Japanese.
I'd love for someone to translate it into Japanese, so Japanese people can enjoy it too!

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:01 AM
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Holy f-.. o.O? The first? Woah. I'd expected alot of people to have done it before me.. All I have left is the rest of the hidden items to find, then :D

Recommendation: Complete your Pokedex. You'll like the reward
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM
pie27
Beginning Trainer

Cardboardbox, first off, congrats. Secondly, exactly how tedious is it to get numbers 225 and 226? I know they have to be randomized, and can only be found in Brown. Is it really worth playing Brown over and over again just to get those two? Did you get lucky and get them on your second run-through?
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Clear
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
Holy f-.. o.O? The first? Woah. I'd expected alot of people to have done it before me.. All I have left is the rest of the hidden items to find, then :D

Recommendation: Complete your Pokedex. You'll like the reward ;)
Congrats man.
I am pretty damn close to completing it.
How many did you catch?
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
I'll never finish the Pokedex...
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade. I am just a moron who can't transfer save files and have them work successfully. All I am trying to do is catch Kanghaskhan, Clefable, and Nidoqueen, because I have no chance of capturing every pokemon. I can't even find kanghaskhan anyway in the Safari Zone. I can't even find 2 more moon stones to evolve clefairy and nidorina. I will still play it from time to time but since I know it's hopeless, I'm going to play Megaman games most of time. I forgot how much I enjoyed megaman. I will still post here to congratulate or to help but that is it. I am also going to find the items still. Those two things are left.
Congratulations Cardboardbox. Great job.

By the way what is pie27 talking about numbers 225 and 226. Which pokemon are they? Shieldon and Bastiodon?

By the way if there is a way to trade on my VBA I would love to know, because I want the reward. I can't transfer save files. I am not good at that.

Last edited by pokemonlover493; August 5th, 2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM
tifaluv

Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade. I am just a moron who can't transfer save files and have them work successfully. All I am trying to do is catch Kanghaskhan, Clefable, and Nidoqueen, because I have no chance of capturing every pokemon. I can't even find kanghaskhan anyway in the Safari Zone. I can't even find 2 more moon stones to evolve clefairy and nidorina. I will still play it from time to time but since I know it's hopeless, I'm going to play Megaman games most of time. I forgot how much I enjoyed megaman. I will still post here to congratulate or to help but that is it. I am also going to find the items still. Those two things are left.
Congratulations Cardboardbox. Great job.

By the way what is pie27 talking about numbers 225 and 226. Which pokemon are they? Shieldon and Bastiodon?

By the way if there is a way to trade on my VBA I would love to know, because I want the reward. I can't transfer save files. I am not good at that.
People told you time and time again to just download either VBALink 1.72 or TGB Dual. Both let you trade.
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:21 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I found out TM14 is Submission. I got all of the items in the final dungeon except this one. It dosen't matter anyways. Oh and tomorrow is my birthday, I'm going to be 14 years old.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Happy Birthday Sonic Blaze Platinum. 14 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaluv View Post
People told you time and time again to just download either VBALink 1.72 or TGB Dual. Both let you trade.
I have told people time and time again that I can't transfer save files. I'm good at other computer stuff but not that. I do NOT want to download them again and play them on tgb dual or vba link on a new game. I hate starting new games.

Last edited by pokemonlover493; August 5th, 2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Clear
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

I have told people time and time again that I can't transfer save files. I'm good at other computer stuff but not that. I do NOT want to download them again and play them on tgb dual or vba link on a new game. I hate starting new games.
You...do realize that there is a tutorial in the first post on who to transfer save files and trade right?
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Clear, I can honestly tell you that I screwed it up. Besides TGB Dual is not my emulator. Especially since it is translated from japanese.
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:09 AM
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie27 View Post
Cardboardbox, first off, congrats. Secondly, exactly how tedious is it to get numbers 225 and 226? I know they have to be randomized, and can only be found in Brown. Is it really worth playing Brown over and over again just to get those two? Did you get lucky and get them on your second run-through?
Quote:
225 and 226 would technically be Missingno, if you catch my drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear View Post
Congrats man.
I am pretty damn close to completing it.
How many did you catch?
There's about 12 or so that absolutely HAVE to be traded, but I traded a bit more than that from an existing Crystal save I completed the Pokedex on a few years back.

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade.
Can you tell us exactly what your problem is? Error messages? Not recognising save files? Remember, the .sav of the game you have to load as GB1 and the .sa2 of the game you have to load as GB2 MUST be in a subfolder to where TGB Dual is, named /save.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:57 AM
tifaluv

Listen genius. The only thing needed to transfer files is to just rename the damn save file. That's it. There are instructions clear as day all over this site. Stop being stupid and just follow the damn instructions, it isn't harder than a simple copy/paste

Step 1. Start a game on TGB Dual/VBA Link 172
Step 2. Save the game
Step 3. Copy/paste the name of the save file onto your original save
Step 4. Put your original Save file in the folder of the one you just copied.

THAT'S IT. You're getting on my nerves in this thread, all you're doing is asking people to do everything for you
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
What is Tgb anyway? Is it a emulator that allows to link games in 2 or more gameboys like the VBA Link. I wonder if it does battles properly because it's a little glitchy depending on the link timeout speeds.
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Oh well excuse me dude. Don't be so rude.

By the way, I know I put this in. I hate starting new games!

Last edited by pokemonlover493; August 6th, 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links