Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Red Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old November 19th, 2009 (11:28 PM).

Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!
Old November 20th, 2009 (12:58 AM).
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by purplenite:
Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!
Try patching with snestool running under DOSbox, I'm a linux user, but I don't do any rom stuff on it anymore since encounting the same problems.
Old November 20th, 2009 (02:40 AM).
Your Rival

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by purplenite:

It's actually illegal and against forum rules to post locations to find ROMs. The best I can say is use Google.

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Games and/or hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old November 20th, 2009 (06:01 AM).
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by XmasterchiefX:
-.- the contest is over... I would like to be there (stupid TGB)

but anyway congratulations for the winners!
You and me both...

Anyways, is there a way to turn Hypercam (the thing that's built into VBA) into film usable on Youtube WITHOUT movie maker? Cause I'd love that... I'd actually be able to MAKE a walkthrough for Brown (and it would be good, I know a lot of secrets about this game)

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old November 22nd, 2009 (03:16 PM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
hey coolboyman in the second post you said that there would be a little gift for the people that almost complete the pokedex, could i send you my brown file through e-mail? :D

PD so u herd i liek litle giffts
Old November 22nd, 2009 (05:00 PM).

can you lz tell me where to download plz???????????????????????
Old November 22nd, 2009 (05:59 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2009 by cadgod120.
Your Rival

Quote originally posted by XmasterchiefX:
hey coolboyman in the second post you said that there would be a little gift for the people that almost complete the pokedex, could i send you my brown file through e-mail? :D

PD so u herd i liek litle giffts
The contest is over.

Quote originally posted by poke brown:
can you lz tell me where to download plz???????????????????????
Doing things like asking for downloads is against forum rules. Check the first post.

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Spoiler:

Old November 22nd, 2009 (07:03 PM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Quote originally posted by cadgod120:

The contest is over.

Doing things like asking for downloads is against forum rules. Check the first post.

The contest is over.

yeah I know the contest is over but look what collboyman wrote on the second message of this topic:

The contest is OVER! We have our winners!
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
4. Nick (Doesn't go to Pokecommunity)
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. Dominus
9. poddish
10. the.holy.priestess

To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.
Old November 22nd, 2009 (07:47 PM).
Your Rival

Quote:
To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.
Whoops! Sorry I forgot about that. I do remember seeing it now lol.

Spoiler:

Old November 22nd, 2009 (09:15 PM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

haha! dont matter everyone can make mistakes!
Old November 23rd, 2009 (07:49 AM).
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by cadgod120:

It's actually illegal and against forum rules to post locations to find ROMs. The best I can say is use Google.
Purplenite isn't asking for a ROM they clearly state that they have a good Red ROM already.

What Purplenite wants is a MD5 Checksum of someone elses working Brown ROM. A MD5 is just a way to check that the file is the same as when the author uploaded it and has not been tampered with or corrupted somehow. http://en.wikipedia/wiki/MD5
Old November 23rd, 2009 (12:15 PM).
Your Rival

Quote originally posted by Cartmic:
Purplenite isn't asking for a ROM they clearly state that they have a good Red ROM already.

What Purplenite wants is a MD5 Checksum of someone elses working Brown ROM. A MD5 is just a way to check that the file is the same as when the author uploaded it and has not been tampered with or corrupted somehow. http://en.wikipedia/wiki/MD5
Oh. Whoops! Sorry I made that mistake.

P.S. Your link has a 404.

Spoiler:

Old November 28th, 2009 (05:31 PM).

Nature: Adamant
That level 17 pikachu at the first gym city scared the crap out of me

Black FC: 3525 2230 3831

Black 2 FC: 2152 0899 4183

Old November 29th, 2009 (12:38 AM).
Lover of Leavanny

Ok so this looks fantastic, I hope that I will be able too play it. Also, on a off topic note (sorry!) what is this tbg people are talking about? Just wondering.
Old November 29th, 2009 (06:23 AM).
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Wow, even I haven't planned those stories for Prism. At least everyone made the 10th spot. Too bad I'm not one of them.

Well, if my computer's going to work again, I should start going to the 7th Gym and write more stories with the Two main characters.
Old November 30th, 2009 (01:13 PM).
I'll play forever. <3

Nature: Quiet
Man, now all that's left is the item hunt. How many people found all seven? It seems impossible... I spend my Saturdays walking around Rijon, pressing A at every corner, wall, and crevice and I still can't find the last three... D: Such is life.
Old December 1st, 2009 (01:54 PM).
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
I think I am the only one at the moment.. (For a few months..)
And NO I'm not going to give any tips or hints
Old December 2nd, 2009 (04:18 PM).

Quote originally posted by pizzakoe:
You are incorrect about that assessment. I found them two months ago.
Old December 2nd, 2009 (05:57 PM).
Jorge Ben Jor.

ha! had long without playing a hack of GB and plus one as good as this ... this great
Old December 7th, 2009 (12:42 PM).
I'll play forever. <3

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by pizzakoe:
And NO I'm not going to give any tips or hints
Naw, that takes the fun (frustration lol) out of everything. Not fair towards those who actually found the items on their own.
Old December 8th, 2009 (07:58 AM).

Quote originally posted by the.holy.priestess:
Naw, that takes the fun (frustration lol) out of everything. Not fair towards those who actually found the items on their own.
I have no problems with finding items on my own. It's the fun way to do.
Old December 8th, 2009 (07:09 PM).
Covered in Shroomish

I just noticed a pretty significant glitch. I've googled it and only found it mentioned once and it wasn't on here.
The healing circle in the Haunted Forest disables the D pad. The game doesn't really freeze, since I can still open the menu, but the D pad locks up and I can't move.
It's a good thing I saved a state when the channeler on the bottom floor said "load state 1" or I would've lost a lot of progress. x_x

From the lack of mentions I'm guessing this is probably only an issue with Lameboy and not VBA.
Old December 10th, 2009 (05:28 AM).
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Superkid11:
I just noticed a pretty significant glitch. I've googled it and only found it mentioned once and it wasn't on here.
The healing circle in the Haunted Forest disables the D pad. The game doesn't really freeze, since I can still open the menu, but the D pad locks up and I can't move.
It's a good thing I saved a state when the channeler on the bottom floor said "load state 1" or I would've lost a lot of progress. x_x

From the lack of mentions I'm guessing this is probably only an issue with Lameboy and not VBA.
Hey, haven't you been reading the thread? I already mentioned that specific glitch on several occasions! Oh, and there IS a way to get out... but you basically have to know it stops the D-Pad upon entering.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old December 10th, 2009 (05:31 AM).
Covered in Shroomish

My bad. I didn't see it on the front page post nor on the last page(unless I missed it) so I didn't think it was mentioned much.
Old December 10th, 2009 (12:47 PM).

How come that glitch is unaffected with my game. The D-Pad didn't freeze after healing.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)