The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Lati-Fan95
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
If I'm correct, you either get Ho-oh or Lugia, not both, just like the other legendaries.
Well, how can you choose? It's only a guess, but I think you can choose when you don't talk to the grunt that says they only need to capture Lugia!

Hmm... I got another idea for this Brown hasn't it but Gold has thing! Maybe inplementing the whole johto region, a secound region, a phone (or the whole Pokegear) ...
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
If I'm correct, you either get Ho-oh or Lugia, not both, just like the other legendaries.
Well, I got Ho-oh so yes, It is completely random just as if you find a bird or a dog.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Something that gold has that brown does'nt, I know, it's breeding that brown does not have....

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:40 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, i know. its gonna be the exp bar in battle. yay
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Gah, I completed the final dungeon yesterday, but it didn't save properly :(
Now I'm back at just after I beat the league. At least this time, I'll remember to use all my items so I can pick up the ones in the dungeon :P

Is Umbreon supposed to 'do nothing'? It struck me as rather odd... Also, when I battled a trainer using Leafeon (I think), it attacked twice, then used Struggle. Surely it can't have only 2 PP in total (or does it somehow have Struggle in its moveset)?

Is there any way you could expand the bag/item storage size? :P
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
There's a clue of the "New Feature" on my Youtube channel. Just put the pieces together. There will be also be an option not to use that feature is you prefer the old way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Is Umbreon supposed to 'do nothing'? It struck me as rather odd... Also, when I battled a trainer using Leafeon (I think), it attacked twice, then used Struggle. Surely it can't have only 2 PP in total (or does it somehow have Struggle in its moveset)?

Is there any way you could expand the bag/item storage size? :P
Struggle was put in its moveset based on the Gen 4 move "Last resort". Looking at it now, that wasn't such a good idea. Umbreon just has a bad move ID, "Nothing" is just a placeholder to prevent glitch moves from happening just in case, so I'll fix that up in the next update. I won't be able to increase the bag/item storage size because of the RAM limitations of Gameboy. Gold's engine writes the ram in a more organized way, so that's why it can allow more packs.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
There's a clue of the "New Feature" on my Youtube channel. Just put the pieces together. There will be also be an option not to use that feature is you prefer the old way.

Struggle was put in its moveset based on the Gen 4 move "Last resort". Looking at it now, that wasn't such a good idea. Umbreon just has a bad move ID, "Nothing" is just a placeholder to prevent glitch moves from happening just in case, so I'll fix that up in the next update. I won't be able to increase the bag/item storage size because of the RAM limitations of Gameboy. Gold's engine writes the ram in a more organized way, so that's why it can allow more packs.

hehe, hat's quite ironic. One of my guesses after I posted my post earlier of what the new features could be was colour, although didn't mention it. xD But anyway, it looks great! :D I was hoping for day/night but that would be extremely hard to do/possibly impossible. Never the less, the new feature looks great! :D

Check out the new thread soon!

Old March 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

How'd you make this hack, anyway?

Other than that, I love it. I can't say much more, really.
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Cool!!! Colors!!
I tought you were going to quit using colors to pokemon Red hacking..?
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
Trigger
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
That's it! Colors in Brown!
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:52 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
more vids/screens please!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:38 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm guessing the new feature is colors? You said a hint was in the video, right? Pokemon Red looks interesting with GSC colors. Pokemon Brown probably will look interesting too.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Lati-Fan95

Being honest, I really haven't expected to have brown in real color! Now that'd be a whole new brown experience since I've played brown in brown (I chose brown palletes because I couldn't get any color, only Black and White but I fixed it!) , well, I'm lookin' forward to it and maybe I'm gonna play Brown again after I'm through RijonAdventures!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I have colors in my version. The palette is off, though.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Hey everybody, I'm back. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new feature is going to be. I might start playing it again.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Freeman43
Beginning Trainer

Let me just say this, its a good hack, but it sure is hard expecaly in the beginning of the game.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
CrimsonVerde
Beginning Trainer

So, this may be a really dumb question. But, I've tried everything from different ROMS to Google and nothing has worked so far.

Everytime I go into Merson City Pokemon Center, the game freezes up. And since half my party has fainted by this point, I can't just skip it altogether. This has happened with the old and new version, so I'm assuming it's a ROM problem because no one has mentioned anything about it.

But, I've downloaded about 3-4 different ones and I still have the same problem so I'm kind of at my wits end here. Suggestions?
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:38 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
what version of Pokemon red are you using?
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM
CrimsonVerde
Beginning Trainer

The last one I was using was a (U) version and my current one doesn't say.
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:11 AM
kwasior500
Beginning Trainer

1. Can You tell me which of the Legends are able to catch in Brown? (and where)
2. Do You know is this available to enable colors on MeBoy 2.2 (java emu for mobiles such as SE)? Brown is Black-White where Yellow was coloured.

Last edited by kwasior500; March 17th, 2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Lati-Fan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasior500 View Post
1. Can You tell me which of the Legends are able to catch in Brown? (and where)
2. Do You know is this available to enable colors on MeBoy 2.2 (java emu for mobiles such as SE)? Brown is Black-White where Yellow was coloured.
1.Question
Spoiler:
1. Zapdos (in an old power plant near Moraga)

2. Articuno (in the deepest floor of Mt.Boulder)

3.Moltres (in a cave near Seashore City or Route 34, surf around a bit in that area but watch out, the trainers are pretty strong there!)

4.Mew (It's in Eagulou Park in a secret cave (the entrance is hidden in Eagulou Park!) )

5. Suicune (It's in the deepest floor of Mt.Boulder but if you encounter Arcticuno, you can't encounter Suicune! )

6. Raikou (In the power plant but it's the same like with Suicune!)

7. Entei (In Moltres' cave but same like Suicune!)

8. Lugia (you receive it in the Final Dungeon from a Rocket grunt)

9. Ho-oh (you receive it in the Final Dungeon from a Rocket Grunt (the same that gives you Lugia) but there's the same problem like with Suicune!)

2.Question:

Hmm... I guess you should try changing the ending from .gb into .sgb! If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do since Yellow uses GBC palletes and that'd be the reason why it has color but Brown (which uses GB palletes) doesn't!
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:34 AM
curtispan
Beginning Trainer

Just finished this rom hack today. It was absolutely enthralling, I played it in one sitting all the way to the end! I can't wait until Naljo (sorry if I butchered that)!

I think my final team was:
Electivire - 63
Vaporeon - 63
Houndoom - 53
Golem - 58
Venusaur - 55
Mew - 56 (hm slave)

I really can't say how enjoyable that hack was, thank you!
Old March 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Slapagnome
I is a sad kitteh D:

I just finish the hole game + the new dungeon, my team is listed here the whole game
(this is not a lie and kinda sad)

Oddish level 13(Hm Cut Slave)(Revive Slave)
Joe(that chansey you get from trade) Level 11(Revive Slave)
Spearow Level 20(Revive Slave)
Kingler Level 31(Hm Surf Slave)(Revive Slave)
Porygon Level 15(Revive Slave)
Charizard Level 100

I beat this whole game with 1 basic pokemon I use to pwn thru this game, which is Charizard, the other pokemon on my team where HM slave or a Revive Slave, so if my Charizard died, I would switch to one of them and then Revive him. His move set right now is

Flamethrower
Fissure
Fire Blast
Wing Attack

I did not cheat or anything and matter of fact, only have 10 pokemon total that the Pokedex saids I caught =/ Overall, good game, I got stuck a few times, but I figure out how to get thru it. But me finishing this game with only 1 pokemon was.... well, sad. My next highest was a Lugia at level 40 I got from the new dungeon. Keep up the good work Kool.
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
E3DaMeX
Beginning Trainer

@Slapagnome

I've done that with almost every Pokemon game I've played as well. But saying that it's sad that you could do that is pretty dumb since you would still have to carry a lot of revives and potions to win. xD

Old March 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Slapagnome
I is a sad kitteh D:

My bag was mostly full of repel and for revives, I maybe carry 10 at a time for when I get faced with something that can most likely 1 shot my charizard, and the reason I said it was sad was not because I couldn't do that with any other pokemon game, it was sad because I hoped playing it would be harder ): but still nice game all together. (btw, I did carry alot of potions, but then again, I spead thru the game, so going and stopping at P.C.s was not my thing, I only did that when I needed to get my PP back, then again, I carried crap to restore that anyways.)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links