The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2010 (04:05 PM).
dpiston
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know if you can catch a Dratini in this game? I really want a Dragonite
Old November 7th, 2010 (04:59 PM).
zdude0127
Togepi

Originally Posted by dpiston
Does anyone know if you can catch a Dratini in this game? I really want a Dragonite
If I remember correctly, you have to fish for it in the Eagulou Park with the Super Rod. To get the Super Rod, you have to show Tim's Aide (south of Hayward City) that you caught 70 kinds of Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame
I mean 2nd gen kind of color. He showed it on Youtube. I'm wondering if this will be released for Brown along with other bug fixes and updates.
Right now Koolboyman is working on a game (NOT a rom hack) he is currently making. So this little feature unfortunately will have to wait a while.
Old November 8th, 2010 (03:55 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I'm fine with waiting. I just don't want Brown to end just yet.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old November 8th, 2010 (05:09 PM).
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

So its probably been answered already, but what determines whether you get a legendary bird or beast? I already have Articuno, and just savestated in an encounter against raikou.

Old November 28th, 2010 (10:41 AM).
Soul39
Beginning Trainer

Is there a Pokemon Location FAQ or something for this game? I don't care about spending a bit of time in a patch of grass because after a couple minutes I already knew like 5 Pokes that are in there BUT my Doduo gained 4 levels before I found 1 Abra. So it would be nice for rare Pokemon.
Old November 29th, 2010 (03:56 PM).
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul39 View Post
Is there a Pokemon Location FAQ or something for this game? I don't care about spending a bit of time in a patch of grass because after a couple minutes I already knew like 5 Pokes that are in there BUT my Doduo gained 4 levels before I found 1 Abra. So it would be nice for rare Pokemon.
As far as I remember there's nothing massively rare that you don't see another trainer use, so just check the Pokedex. Unless there's some certain Pokemon you're after?
Old December 16th, 2010 (07:18 PM). Edited December 16th, 2010 by beautifulpresent.
beautifulpresent
Beginning Trainer

The seven hidden items are

GoldEgg
RubyEgg
EmeraldEgg
PrismKey
SilverEgg
CrystalEgg
SapphireEgg

which you're supposed to transfer to your Prism game in order to use them.

If that's the case, then what's the point of

Pearl
RareBone
Mushroom
BrickPiece x2
GoldLeaf
Stardust
PP Up (Different than PP UP, because when you try to use it it gives you the same message as the above items)

Since there's more than one, are you supposed to build something with the BrickPieces?

I wish there was an Itemfinder in the game.

Why is there mention of a Ho-Oh/Lugia spaceship earlier in the thread? I got mine from a Rocket grunt.

Is there any point to Route 67? That's the road that you get by entering a building about halfway up the road where all your badges get checked. You enter this big building come out from it, and there's just a bunch of empty space. There's a cave but it's blocked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegHart
the coronet stone is to evolve magneton
magmarizer is to evolve magmar
electrizer is to evolve electabuzz
upgrade is to evolve porygon to porygon2 then the disk thingy from final dungeon is to evolve it to porygon-z
there are two king rocks and two metal coats so you can get politoed, slowking, scizor, and steelix
there are 2 dusk stones (one for misdreavus and one for murkrow i think)
shiny stone is for togetic to evolve
there are only 2 fossils as far as i can tell
red, blue, and green orbs are given to a lil girl on top of the market in Hayward City
This is a good list except he forgot the Protector for Rhydon, the Dragon Scale for Seadra, and the Razor Fang for Gligar. That and the earlier post in the thread explaining how to get Hitmontop and all of the Eevees I think sums up all the Pokemon that you can't catch in the wild but can still get without trading. For some of the Pokemon that you have to trade to evolve you can use a trade stone, which AFAIK there's four of.

As for the 4 new types Gas, Abnormal, Wind, and Sound the only changes I'm aware of are that the Gastly family is changed from Ghost/Poison to Ghost/Gas, Koffing/Weezing are now Gas, and the Porygon family are now Abnormal. I'm also guessing that Sonicboom is a Sound move and Gust is a Wind move. I couldn't find any documentation on this unfortunately since the game doesn't let you know what elemental type moves are.

The TM list is based off of Generation I with some changes. TM 01 is now DynamicPunch. HM 05 (Flash) is eliminated but the rest of the TM's are the same. Some Generation II moves like Octazooka, Aeroblast, and Wood Hammer are now TM's but I don't know what they replace off the top of my head. Coolboyman has also made some changes as to which Pokemon can use which TM.

I've been experimenting with the Walk through Walls cheat. If you try to enter the day care center in Johto you end up going into the sub-basement of the Silph Co warehouse that has a bunch of items and wild Pokemon.

Too bad I didn't find this game a year and a half earlier. It would've have been neat to have my team in Prism.
Old December 18th, 2010 (06:05 PM).
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

@Above: You forgot that Tri Attack is a Tri type
I think there was a patch for brown/prism on the first page that allowed you to trade between games. I could be wrong (could be GSC to Brown)

EDIT: Ok it was GSC to brown. Try Brown -> GSC -> Prism? (Unless you have 4th gen pokemon )
Old December 21st, 2010 (11:06 AM).
clodotito
Beginning Trainer

is there any "written walk-trough" of POKEMON BROWN? .. i just find videos.. if someone knows of something like that.. thanks for the attention :D
Old December 22nd, 2010 (03:59 PM).
beautifulpresent
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
@Above: You forgot that Tri Attack is a Tri type
I think there was a patch for brown/prism on the first page that allowed you to trade between games. I could be wrong (could be GSC to Brown)

EDIT: Ok it was GSC to brown. Try Brown -> GSC -> Prism? (Unless you have 4th gen pokemon )
I also forgot the Wood type, with Wood Hammer as a move from a TM you can get at the Game Corner. If I remember correctly it's also an item you find somewhere.
Old December 22nd, 2010 (09:41 PM).
ANdre_jcruz95
Beginning Trainer

Old December 28th, 2010 (05:47 PM).
D3ath Angel
Ace Trainer

Nature: Brave
How rare is this darn Clefairy??? I've been VBA speedboosting for hours now running back and forth and running from wild pokemon in a flash and still no luck...
Old December 29th, 2010 (04:08 AM).
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ath Angel View Post
How rare is this darn Clefairy??? I've been VBA speedboosting for hours now running back and forth and running from wild pokemon in a flash and still no luck...
It sounds like you're trying to encounter a wild Clefairy somewhere, am I right ? If so, here are the encounter rates in each area for pokemon that appear.

Spoiler:

Pokemon #1, 25%
Pokemon #2, 15%
Pokemon #3, 15%
Pokemon #4, 10%
Pokemon #5, 10%
Pokemon #6, 10%
Pokemon #7, 5%
Pokemon #8, 5%
Pokemon #9, 4%
Pokemon #10, 1%

So, unless Koolboyman changed the rates (which is unlikely), Clefairy should be found (as a wild pokemon) with a chance of 1% (at least) so just keep searching for it. Besides, if Koolboyman did somehow change the encounter rates, my logic says that Clefairy should still be found with the possibility of at least 1/255 = 0,39% (which would take some time).

Then again, do you know you're looking for it in the right place ?

Also, FF is the biggest possible byte which converts to 255 in decimal system. That's where that number comes from.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 16th, 2011 (04:37 PM).
pokemaster713
Beginning Trainer

where are the sapphire, silver and crystal egg?
Old January 18th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
Quaresma.pl
Togepi

Is the scizor glitch fixed? Because if i evolve my scyther, scizors speed is 2? ;/
Old January 18th, 2011 (05:56 PM).
xtpx
Beginning Trainer

i am using a smart cart and i put pokemon brown on it, all the sprites are messed up and it isnt the cartridge all my other games work fine, all the sprites in the game are messed up and have lines going through them, is there any way to fix this?
Old January 19th, 2011 (09:44 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtpx View Post
i am using a smart cart and i put pokemon brown on it, all the sprites are messed up and it isnt the cartridge all my other games work fine, all the sprites in the game are messed up and have lines going through them, is there any way to fix this?
As Koolboyman stated,
Quote:
- Some emulators have weird lines through the Pokemon pics.
There is an answer.

Anyways, I read the massive text at the top of the first post. What exactly is the "Star of David" glitch?

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old January 29th, 2011 (02:33 AM).
mkc90
Togepi

I cant find clafairy ??... where is it at ?.. i searched in merson cave n it doesnt showed up
Old January 30th, 2011 (06:56 PM).
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
why is mine in black and white and the screenies have colour?

Old January 30th, 2011 (07:00 PM). Edited January 30th, 2011 by Al4n.
Al4n
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Mild
how do i get the color to work on it

Please how do i get color in it?

how do i get color???????????????????????????????????????
Old February 12th, 2011 (11:24 AM).
Espeonage
Ninja Espeon

Nature: Quirky
I think I've missed a gym or two. I'm currently sitting about to face the third trainer of the gym in your home town. This is my third gym. I think it's psychic. I managed to beat a couple of the gym trainers but their levels are amazingly high, ~40 and the second gym the gym leader's highest was 21. What gym(s) have I missed?
Old February 16th, 2011 (07:16 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al4n View Post
how do i get the color to work on it

Please how do i get color in it?

how do i get color???????????????????????????????????????
Patience please. Also no offense but the multi ? marks and multiple posts with the same question can get VERY annoying. Rename your file ".gb" to "sgb" and edit the settings on your emulator.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old February 18th, 2011 (05:27 AM).
Genius
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
this game doesnt make any sense..

my charmander wont obey??
my cubone level 20.. only knows growl????

should i even continue playing the game?
Old February 18th, 2011 (05:56 AM). Edited February 18th, 2011 by moraq06.
moraq06
am I genius? or lucky?

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
this game doesnt make any sense..

my charmander wont obey??
my cubone level 20.. only knows growl????

should i even continue playing the game?
are you playing on vba?
If yes,the starter won't obey you,I don't know why,that's also happened to me,but there's no problem in Meboy

about cubone,teach him any TM for better move,he won't learn any move for a long time or you should search another pokemon

yes,you should continue,this is the best GB hack IMO
The final dungeon is very challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaresma.pl View Post
Is the scizor glitch fixed? Because if i evolve my scyther, scizors speed is 2? ;/
level it up once, it should come back to normal
Old February 19th, 2011 (03:09 PM).
BrainChord
Booted out - don't be like me!

Probably a generic, unneeded comment, but I must say
Thank you for making this, King of Early Gen Hacking.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links