The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
BryanDX
Rookie detective

Nature: Quiet
Dont know how to say this but this hack is like a GOD hack.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:02 AM
JojoX2
Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*

Nature: Calm
I agree too I already played it a long time ago and restarted with Brown 2009. Looks even better now(what I´ve seen).

One thing I´ve noticed(Don´t know if you can fix this): I´m unable to save the game if I play it on my M3 DS Real(If I save and turn of my NDS as I do with every game the save is gone with the next start of the game). I haven´t tried it on my computer, so I don´t know if this is because of my M3...

Last edited by JojoX2; April 15th, 2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
FINALLY!

After all waiting. I got to see this hack.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
killzone92
Beginning Trainer

I'm in Jaeru city and I beated Sparky , but now I can't go on in the next route because there's something blocking the way . Do I need something before I can pass

EDIT: srry I just saw that there is another topic for this sort of things .
great hack until now , my current team :
- GAIA the ivysaur
- MORPHEUS the slowpoke
-KYUUBI the vulpix (soon a ninetails)
-SURREAL the porygon

I intend to catch electrabuzz and if i can get one an aerodactyl , otherwise I'll go for a fire poke
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
where i can find TM with an ice move?
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
Haha wow. Thanks CBM. I feel like a gorram idiot haha! Lovin the game. Also liking the way there's more to Johto now than the old one :) Can't wait for the final quest

Old April 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Zowayix
hi

Originally Posted by JojoX2 View Post
I agree too^^ I already played it a long time ago and restarted with Brown 2009. Looks even better now(what I´ve seen).

One thing I´ve noticed(Don´t know if you can fix this): I´m unable to save the game if I play it on my M3 DS Real(If I save and turn of my NDS as I do with every game the save is gone with the next start of the game). I haven´t tried it on my computer, so I don´t know if this is because of my M3...
Are you using Lameboy emulator? If so, after saving the game, you need to touch the touch screen to bring up the Lameboy menu, then hit Save to actually save the game to a [.sav] file.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
~Undefined~
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecromancingSaga View Post
where i can find TM with an ice move?
You get Ice Beam from beating the second Gym leader in Owsauri City.

Last edited by ~Undefined~; April 15th, 2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Bunneth
Beginning Trainer

Alright, I've just visited Johto. There are two problems I noticed, one being that I found Rattata and Drowzee whilst Surfing in the Slowpoke well. The other is probably more pivotal and I think it's actually been mentioned. I picked Sneasel before I even faced Bugsy and now I am unable to battle him.
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

if I'm not mistaken CBM already mentioned he knows about being able to get a pokemon without beating bugsy

Old April 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
~Undefined~

Um, I caught a Larvitar in the cave in Botan City, and umm... It's moveset... Sorta creeped me out. D:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wierd larvitar.jpg‎ (142.5 KB, 146 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old April 16th, 2009, 01:08 AM
flygonbreloom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to flygonbreloom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flygonbreloom Send a message via Yahoo to flygonbreloom Send a message via Skype™ to flygonbreloom
Okay, a bug to list, if you go south of the ladder in Merson cave, you walk into the rock. Minor but something to report.

Love the effort put into this hack, a nice breakaway from Platinum, I plan to play it more. A minor issue to report, probably the fault of Lameboy DS, but the colour palettes don't really work properly in it, it also affects the border pretty badly. Anyway, like the effort put into the hack, Lameboy does not like it, but I like it. ^.^

This signature is at least 6 years old now. Wow.
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygonbreloom View Post
Okay, a bug to list, if you go south of the ladder in Merson cave, you walk into the rock. Minor but something to report.

Love the effort put into this hack, a nice breakaway from Platinum, I plan to play it more. A minor issue to report, probably the fault of Lameboy DS, but the colour palettes don't really work properly in it, it also affects the border pretty badly. Anyway, like the effort put into the hack, Lameboy does not like it, but I like it. ^.^
This was a fault in red too. You can walk on the rocks around the ladders in Red.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:46 AM
~Undefined~

How much base power does Noise Pulse have? I'm guessing 60, the same as Water Pulse?

Old April 16th, 2009, 03:59 AM
flygonbreloom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to flygonbreloom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flygonbreloom Send a message via Yahoo to flygonbreloom Send a message via Skype™ to flygonbreloom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
This was a fault in red too. You can walk on the rocks around the ladders in Red.
Thanks for the clarification, I only just found it via Brown than. :\

This signature is at least 6 years old now. Wow.

Last edited by flygonbreloom; April 16th, 2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
I'm working on a fix for various glitches right now. And I'm gonna keep on releasing updates until all the glitches are gone.

Is there any other glitches any of you would like to mention so I can fix them before the re-release tonight?

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Phanpy has a red backsprite and I think there might have been one or two typos with a couple people (Not sure though). I don't know if any other sprites are messed up (probably GSC Pokemon) but be sure to check. Check their Pokemon cries too if you can to see if they match the ones in the GSC games.
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

The ledges in the ilex forest tileset don't jump, you simply bump into them like they were boulders or trees. Also this has been pointed out I'm sure but some of the pallets appear wrong on either the front or the back sprite, because the lighter colour and the darker colour were swapped when the pic was inserted is what it looks like

Old April 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, this hack is mindblowing, I love it. I don't know i I perfer this to Rijon Adventures, but the sprite revamps and the mapping, the hack is just brilliant.
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
I really love those new backpics. I already beat Karpman so far.

Anyway, why is Metal Claw getting critical hits every time.
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
Found a wierd bug...
Does anyone else get a glitched screen when someone uses crabhammer? The screen is messed up, but still playable...

Maybe it's because I patched a Rom that already had Brown...
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxasabridged View Post
Found a wierd bug...
Does anyone else get a glitched screen when someone uses crabhammer? The screen is messed up, but still playable...

Maybe it's because I patched a Rom that already had Brown...
The notes section is there for a reason. For reading.

I already fixed that glitch anyway so when I release the bug fix tonight you won't have to worry about that again.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
pkemaniac999
in need of help for a hack, pm

My poliwhirl evolved into a ?????? when i used kings rock, which then evolved into a kanghaskan when i trained it.

Old April 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
If you play it on a vbagx on the wii through the homebrew channel, the in battle sprites are messed up, similar to what missingno did in the original red/blue except it happens when tim introduces himself before you pick your name. The player's front sprite is ok though (not the backsprite) [and this only happens on vbagx, the hack works fine on my pc though]

Also, this is a little off the topic of glitches, but I asked this a few times before, and was never answered. This is the last time I'll ask:
Are you going to release patches for red blue and yellow that make them linkable with brown? I heard you were before, but they aren't out yet. I always thought it would be cool to play yellow with new pokemon (or for that matter, the original red and blue also).

edit: another glitch: You can get past the guard that blocks cycling road the same way you can in red. If you need more details, like how to "encounter" this glitch, pm me or google it. You might want to search pokemon red and blue glitches. When you get on cycling road, you're on a "rented" (or stolen, which ever you feel like calling it at that time) and can continue up cycling road, which wouldn't mean much if you couldn't get into the gate house at all until you get a bike.

edit 2:if you go to the pokemon stats screen while fighting the ice type gym leader is using jynx, it's sprite will change to charizard's
I'm using the 1st brown 2.0 patch and am not sure what you ment by the sprite glitch, so this may have been what you were talking about, and/or fixed
Also when I deposit ITEMS into the pc, it just says " was stored via pc" It never said the name of the item.

edit 3:sorry I just saw in your 1st post that it said to pm you glitches, so I'm going to pm you this entire post.

Last edited by poddish; April 16th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Trikeboy
Mime Jr.

Please help, I cant find the surf HM. Awsome hack. I missed it when hackers could change the battle graphics. How is it done?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links