The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly

Bear in mind, this titlescreen is a WIP

Introduction
Hmm what to say, well...I have been around the Game Developing section for a while now. Originally I started off with Pokemon Silver Sea and personally I found it wasn't that well organised. So here is my new, here to stay game, Pokemon Pure Gold. A remake of GSC (That WILL be finished).

Story
As the story is a must...I guess I'll give a brief summary of what happened in GS (not Crystal as Crystal was slightly different).
You, the hero/ine, start the game when you head downstairs one morning. When you arrive at the bottom of the staircase, your mother comes over to you. "Oh, (PLAYER)...! Our neighbor, Professor Elm, was looking for you. He said he wanted you to do something for him."
So you head over to Professor Elm's lab, not before receiving your PokéGear back from your Mum.
When you arrive at Elm's lab, it turns out that Professor Elm wants you to go on an errand for him, to Mr. Pokémon's house on Route 30. You receive a Pokémon from him to help you on your errand.
Once you arrive at Mr. Pokémon's house, Mr. Pokémon gives you a Mysterious Egg. You also get praised by none other than Professor Oak, who then gives you your very own Pokédex.
After saying goodbye to Professor Oak and Mr. Pokémon, you head outside and receive a phone call from none other than Professor Elm. "H-hello? (PLAYER)? It's a disaster! Uh, um, it's just terrible! What should I do? It... Oh, no... Please get back here now! Click!"
On your way back to Elm's lab, you run into this mysterious stranger who you battle with. After the battle, the stranger runs off towards Route 30, when you arrive back at Professor Elm's lab your adventure truly begins.

Features
- Revisit the wonderful region of Johto+Kanto after main storyline
- Day/Night system, thanks to poccils starter kit
- New areas!
- Mini Games (including Ruins of Alph puzzle if I figure out how to make it)
Plus much more, play to find out (as soon as I make a beta that is xD)

Screenshots
(In a spoiler for your convenience) Only a sneak peak, otherwise too many spoilers (hence the spoiler tag)
Spoiler:

Progress
Currently finished mapping all of Johto, now scripting first part of the game (all of Johto) to release Beta 1

Credits
~Poccil - Starter Kit
~(Credits needed for overworld Hero/Heroine)
~Xiros - Some tiles and some palletes
~Alistair - Some tiles
~WesleyFG - Pokémon Mart tile (replaced rhevarhe_duh's Pokémon Mart)
~(Credits needed for paths, like the one in Newbark Town)
If I forgot anyone PM me or post here ASAP!!! I don't want ANYONE! going uncredited.

Support
(COMING SOON)

Help
I need someone to finish off the titlescreen for me, I couldn't shade to save my life lol.
e.g. Shade the tower (which is Tin Tower btw) and create the "Pure Gold" part (I would...if I had Photoshop) Whoever does this for me will be there own appearance in the game in the form of a trainer

Last edited by Soul.//Silver; May 2nd, 2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Adding WesleyFG to credits
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
XgamerX
Gettin' crazy

It seems great but... I hope it won't gonna be a 100% G/S/C remake.
Anyway, good luck with your project.

Manga and Anime fan
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Soul.//Silver

Nope, it won't be a 100% GS remake. I have some extra events planned for it as well as a few new characters.
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Shredded
Beginning Trainer

well you're a fair way into it already by the sounds of it. I hope this gets done, sounds like a good idea, because i've been wanting to play GSC for ages but can't bring myself to look back on those graphics
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Jmanski141
i herd u leik mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
nicer game dude, can't wait till the beta

please help my eggs hatch

Old April 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Sakari
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Naughty
I like the idea of a gold remake keep up the good work, I may be able to do the title screen for you

Old April 25th, 2009, 11:29 PM
elynxer
Also known as Sudtrap

Not to dash your hopes or anything, but I'd personally recommend making a new pokemon game, rather than remaking G/S. (I've seen a couple of different ones that play pretty much like the originals, and I can't stomache playing them, since I've already played G/S to death.)

At least, I'd recommend changing the starters, and or changing things in the game more. That way, it will keep the old players interested in the game.

The Cataclysm Comic! Check it out!
http://www.gamingmecca.net/strips/Cataclysm.html
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

I beleive everyone who makes a gold remake makes it a 90% remake. Which I despise in some ways.

Anyways, the game looks pretty well developed. The maps are clean and nice. Although overused and overrated, the tiles are good. I do like the clouds as well. (Always wondered how to do that). Seems like a good game. Good luck to you!

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old April 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
spike6958
Actor in Training

Nature: Brave
Wow, am i the only person who sees these types of projects as lazy, i mean you have all your systems done for you in the form of Pokémon Essentials, which no one will question you using as it is a great starter kit, but then you come along and instead of trying to create something original, you just copy the story and maps from Pokémon G/S, now if you where making the battle system and such yourself then i wouldn't have a problem with a G/S remake, but the fact that you are doing nothing with this game except copying maps and text is a joke and an insult to all the people here who actually try to make something fun, new and exciting.
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Xelios
Friendly Guy

Location: the world'z so small... so y do ya wanna knoe..???!!!
looks very promising... keep it up...!!!!:D

Let’s be ourselves, let’s not pretend tonight,
There’s life in you, don’t let me die tonight.

Just as you wrote 4 a scribble of mine..
Do not hold back emotions thine..
Say it.. altho you may fear hurt
But its a feeling you shudnt skirt..
Go ahead..
take your Try..
Life dznt alwayz lie!

It did hurt, but i'll never say
Why my end comes this way;
Honey, My sunshine roses are blue
You'll never know, but my stars shone on you!

Spoiler:
Games I support-

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Soul.//Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike6958 View Post
Wow, am i the only person who sees these types of projects as lazy, i mean you have all your systems done for you in the form of Pokémon Essentials, which no one will question you using as it is a great starter kit, but then you come along and instead of trying to create something original, you just copy the story and maps from Pokémon G/S, now if you where making the battle system and such yourself then i wouldn't have a problem with a G/S remake, but the fact that you are doing nothing with this game except copying maps and text is a joke and an insult to all the people here who actually try to make something fun, new and exciting.
Gee, thanks for the great encouragement...... If you don't support my game then I don't care, either way I'm still going ahead with it. And about "fun, new and exciting" it isn't just going to be Johto and Kanto then your finished the whole game...it will have mini games and a new small region (similar to the Sevii Islands) for you to explore and heaps more. Pure Gold is GS + heaps more features...
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:04 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
Uh, not to be rude but don't we have enough of people coming up with a Gold remake?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike6958 View Post
...but the fact that you are doing nothing with this game except copying maps and text is a joke and an insult to all the people here who actually try to make something fun, new and exciting.
The only thing that is a joke and an insult to all the people here is YOU. I have a soft spot for any GSC remakes and I love to see them. Keep up the good work Destined.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameguru
I have a soft spot for any GSC remakes and I love to see them. Keep up the good work Destined.
Same for me too. My favourite ever Pokemon games were Gold and Silver, Partly why I'm creating a gold remake, but my tiles don't look as good as the ones in Pure Gold.
Great work Destined
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Atomic Reactor
Criticism, I give it.
Community Supporter Tier 5

I like GSC remakes, but this looks almost exactly like shinygold.
Same hero, almost same tiles. Idk, why don't you try and come up with a fresher, more original look?
Other than that, it sounds decent. I'll be watching.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Soul.//Silver

Yeah, the tiles are quite similar to that of Shiny Gold's, if I find other tiles that I like I'll use them instead. But in the mean time I'll stick with the current ones. As for the hero overworld, I chose that one because it was on of the best quality ones that I actually liked.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Atomic Reactor
Criticism, I give it.
Community Supporter Tier 5

So, I take it you can't sprite at all?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Soul.//Silver

The only thing I can sprite are simple tiles...so I'm pretty useless in that department.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

I love the tiles!
But if you think about it, so many people are using Kyledove's tiles, this is a welcome break from the same graphics over and over again (Not that I don't like Kyledove's).
I've made a G/S/C Hero sprite, but its not really up to the quality that the one you have (In my opinion)
Well keep up the good work :D
Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

My favorite games were gssc too.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM
101baby
Beginning Trainer

serieus jullie joden maken die spellen niet eens af man wa n kut forum zeg !! =(
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links