Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page Recolours and Fusions Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2009 (04:50 PM).

Sweet, I'll post a few of my best, see what comments come up

Spoiler:

So yeah, thats some of my better work, any advice?
Old May 17th, 2009 (05:42 PM).
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Hppowdon...burning...my...eyes!(That green color is way too bright.)

The wings on that Ursaring look like they're coming off of it's body...
I love that Deoxys/Regirock one, it doesn't look all Copy-pasty.
Also, some of the outline is missing from the Regigigas one...
*Eyes still burning from the

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old May 17th, 2009 (05:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by Missingno.7-4468:
Hppowdon...burning...my...eyes!(That green color is way too bright.)

The wings on that Ursaring look like they're coming off of it's body...
I love that Deoxys/Regirock one, it doesn't look all Copy-pasty.
Also, some of the outline is missing from the Regigigas one...
*Eyes still burning from the
Well yeah, I was going for painfully bright green, it adds to the effect.
Old May 17th, 2009 (08:14 PM).

Here is a Poke-zord I did a while back, I personally really like it.
Attached Images
File Type: png poke-zord.png‎ (2.8 KB, 20 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old May 17th, 2009 (08:28 PM).
Webmaster of-Milotic's Domain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to arceus02 Send a message via Yahoo to arceus02
say hello to latibull:
new sprite-free.PNG
Old May 18th, 2009 (04:32 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Can I make a suggestion here to make things a bit more organized? Make a rule that each person has to get 1 or 2 critiques before the next person can post their stuff. At this rate, everyone is just posting new stuff, and hardly anyone is getting critique.

Old May 18th, 2009 (04:42 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jαcκςση:
Can I make a suggestion here to make things a bit more organized? Make a rule that each person has to get 1 or 2 critiques before the next person can post their stuff. At this rate, everyone is just posting new stuff, and hardly anyone is getting critique.
Agreed. Three of mine were completely ignored, and I really wanted critique on them.

But anyway...
I actually like that Latibull, but the wings are a liitle awkward.

Old May 18th, 2009 (09:32 PM).
(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻

Nature: Quiet
This is just a fusion of all hoenn legendary's heads.. They don't even blend very well.. This is just copy + past work.. You should've blended them much more. Giving them all the same color as for the whole body. And using lati's upside down is also very strange..

This one is not bad maybe you could've fused more parts of latios on it?

And here are some of mine:

Old May 18th, 2009 (09:44 PM).

@Froslass Maniac: Have you ever watched Power Rangers? It is upposed to be a Mega-Zord from that(I got a request for a Poke-zord, so that's what I did.)
Critique: The first sprite is really good, but there's something about it that I don't really like, but I don't know what it is...I love the second and third ones though, but there seems to be a lot of black in-between two of the legs on the second one.

I am going to post my ignored sprite:
Deku Link
I used Machop's body and hands, Alakazam's head and arms, Tropius's Fruit(hair) and chest(skirt), Victreebel's leaf(hat), Mr. Mime's legs, and Roselia's flower.

Old May 19th, 2009 (01:05 AM).
Art is a bang, hm!

Love your Deku Link Missingno! It looks terrific!

Mine where ignored too.

Why can't you be happy,Like Twrappy the
Trapinch!
Diamond FC
Platinum FC
HeartGold FC
Dragonites are Awesome, don't you agree?

Rival: Vorteld the Hounchkrow
Old May 19th, 2009 (05:06 AM).
(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻

Quote originally posted by Seadiga:
Love your Deku Link Missingno! It looks terrific!

Mine where ignored too.
Darkrai has a lot of outlines missing. (this is mostly caused because it normally has a much darker color. The 'necklace' around darkrais neck has weird shading. The metagross is allright.
Old May 19th, 2009 (10:15 PM).
Webmaster of-Milotic's Domain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to arceus02 Send a message via Yahoo to arceus02
i like the metagross but the darkria looks weird with that colour.
heres some more of mine:
3rd sprite.PNG

Arceor.PNG

Brepris.PNG

cool one.PNG

duku.PNG
Old May 19th, 2009 (10:57 PM).

One thing to remember when fusing(or splicing, or whatever else you want to call it) is to replace all missing outlines, because all your sprites are missing some outlines.

Old May 22nd, 2009 (02:22 AM). Edited May 22nd, 2009 by Azlef.
Wha- we're on air?!?!

Location: Watching the sky fall........and then making cookies!
Here are some of mine.. they didn't work out because of the format I saved them in. I couldn't put the pics in the post, so there should be an attachment.

Tyranimoth(This worked) Pidgeotto, Mespirit, Azelf, Tyranitar, Venomoth, Dragonite(tail)

Ho-breon (My first, no tutorials nor practice)Umbreon, Vaporoen, Ho-oh

Buttercuno(Weird) Articuno, Moltres, Butterfree, Flygon

Diatina (Made this for my brother)Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Lugia. I was going to include Frealigatr, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ho-breon.JPG‎ (2.3 KB, 345 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg buttercuno.JPG‎ (1.8 KB, 18 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg Diatina.JPG‎ (3.9 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Tyranimoth.PNG‎ (3.0 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old May 22nd, 2009 (02:31 AM).
Wha- we're on air?!?!

Location: Watching the sky fall........and then making cookies!
Quote originally posted by Herald Riddler:
Sweet, I'll post a few of my best, see what comments come up

Spoiler:

So yeah, thats some of my better work, any advice?
Hey! This is fantastic-I'm not up to swapping haeds yet. Better than anything I could do!

Old May 23rd, 2009 (04:18 PM).
Guess who?

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to Camyre
Quote:
Here are some of mine.. they didn't work out because of the format I saved them in. I couldn't put the pics in the post, so there should be an attachment.

Tyranimoth(This worked) Pidgeotto, Mespirit, Azelf, Tyranitar, Venomoth, Dragonite(tail)

Ho-breon (My first, no tutorials nor practice)Umbreon, Vaporoen, Ho-oh

Buttercuno(Weird) Articuno, Moltres, Butterfree, Flygon

Diatina (Made this for my brother)Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Lugia. I was going to include Frealigatr, though.
There's a weird rainbowy blotch on Buttercuno that shouldn't be there. Also, I'm not sure what the dark things on its sides are supposed to be. I kind of like how you did the head, though.

Most of Dialtina looks copy-pasted, especially Giratina's smoke. Try to make spliced parts fit better by scratching and adjusting shading.

Tyranimoth has the same problems with copy-pasting on its tails and wings.

Ho-breon is okay except for the wing, which has no shading on the white parts. Its left fin has an entirely black and jagged outline. It should have different shades, like the other fins, and be only one pixel thick.

All in all, these really aren't too bad. :3 Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get better.
Old May 24th, 2009 (07:59 AM).
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Missingno.7-4468:
Here is a Poke-zord I did a while back, I personally really like it.
Just a question: Why did you recolor Latios's head for Latias? Why not use Latias?
Old May 25th, 2009 (03:00 PM).
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Herald Riddler:
for some reason this reminds me of a power ranger dont know why exactly but anyway this thing is amazing as are your other fusions very well done.
Old May 25th, 2009 (10:08 PM). Edited May 25th, 2009 by Magician Of Ice.
Berry & Contest Master @-,-'--

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magician Of Ice
(Please note this is just constructive feedback, I'm not hating on anyone)
If I may state my personal opinion real quick here, I feel I don't "deserve to be in this forum at all" then. That's exactly how this thread makes me feel. I can't make my own fakemon or sprites or anything because I lack the talent. I do recolorings and frankensteining because it's fun to me, but apparently to show off my fun and have my own thread I have to be "better" than that. If I post my work here it'll only be seen by people until a new page starts in this thread, when everyone will automatically start looking at the new last page. I get critiqued by maybe two or three people, then nothing ever again unless I post my old work again and again as I make new ones. Then that's considered spam, so what am I supposed to do? Hope people read the first eighty seven pages to finally get to the one I'm on? I like this site a lot and I'm comfortable in many different subforums within it, but I feel here it's "talent or gtfo". You give those with talent what they deserve, yes, but for us without talent that just want to have some fun, you give a corner, a little box for us to all huddle in. I feel I'm not welcome at all in this subforum. I had intended to make a thread here showing off my frankensteins and taking requests. The challenge in it for me is to fuse what others want me to and with a color scheme they'd want, but apparently my level of a challenge isn't "good enough". It's like saying "if you're colorblind you can't drive"; people don't CHOOSE to be colorblind, they just are. And just because they don't see like the rest of us doesn't mean they're a bad driver, they just go about it a different way (memorizing what end of the light is what, memorizing sign shapes instead of colors, etc). Granted I can see merging threads to here if the person only has one or two, but what about that person on page 1 that has 40-something? What about me who has 19-ish and counting? Obviously if we make more than a handful we love doing it and do it often, thus need our own space.

But if our opinions or suggestions as your community members don't matter, then I guess whatever we may say won't mean anything. If we can't be treated equal and have our own threads, I simply won't ever visit this subforum.

Old May 26th, 2009 (09:12 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Magician Of Ice:
(Please note this is just constructive feedback, I'm not hating on anyone)
If I may state my personal opinion real quick here, I feel I don't "deserve to be in this forum at all" then. That's exactly how this thread makes me feel. I can't make my own fakemon or sprites or anything because I lack the talent. I do recolorings and frankensteining because it's fun to me, but apparently to show off my fun and have my own thread I have to be "better" than that. If I post my work here it'll only be seen by people until a new page starts in this thread, when everyone will automatically start looking at the new last page. I get critiqued by maybe two or three people, then nothing ever again unless I post my old work again and again as I make new ones. Then that's considered spam, so what am I supposed to do? Hope people read the first eighty seven pages to finally get to the one I'm on? I like this site a lot and I'm comfortable in many different subforums within it, but I feel here it's "talent or gtfo". You give those with talent what they deserve, yes, but for us without talent that just want to have some fun, you give a corner, a little box for us to all huddle in. I feel I'm not welcome at all in this subforum. I had intended to make a thread here showing off my frankensteins and taking requests. The challenge in it for me is to fuse what others want me to and with a color scheme they'd want, but apparently my level of a challenge isn't "good enough". It's like saying "if you're colorblind you can't drive"; people don't CHOOSE to be colorblind, they just are. And just because they don't see like the rest of us doesn't mean they're a bad driver, they just go about it a different way (memorizing what end of the light is what, memorizing sign shapes instead of colors, etc). Granted I can see merging threads to here if the person only has one or two, but what about that person on page 1 that has 40-something? What about me who has 19-ish and counting? Obviously if we make more than a handful we love doing it and do it often, thus need our own space.

But if our opinions or suggestions as your community members don't matter, then I guess whatever we may say won't mean anything. If we can't be treated equal and have our own threads, I simply won't ever visit this subforum.
But look at it from the point of view of the scratch spriters.

Lets say I spend 2 hours working on making a sprite from scratch, and then I decide to post it on my thread to get comments and criticism on it. Now, 5 minutes later, some random guy posts 27 recolors he did in those same 2 hours, and then gets three pages of comments on them, while I'm lucky to get one or two posts. Most even admit that they take no skill or effort, and take 2 or 3 minutes to do. Of course fusions take a little bit longer, and obviously some amount of skill, but.. most of the ones posted are mediocre and rushed.

The problem is that people don't try anything new and challenging that deserves a thread for it to be praised. You admit yourself, that it doesn't take talent to make recolors or fusions. Then, why should you be treated the same as people who actually do have talent? If you want to have fun with the other "talentless" people, then I'm sure they'll post in this thread and comment on them. Or you could make friends with them and comment on each other's sprites through VMs. You could post them in your albums and let people comment on them.

Also, read the rules. You can't take requests.
Old May 26th, 2009 (09:38 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

An Entei Invert*.

*An invert is when you invert the colours of a sprite on Paint (Ctrl + I), get the palettes and then recolour the orignal sprite. Check it out! Invert the sprite, it will be Entei's ordinary colours (except for the eyes and outlines, and the shading will be the wrong way around (i.e. lightest shade as outline, and vica versa.).)
Old May 26th, 2009 (10:03 AM).
Good Bye

Are we allowed to put up a tutorial of how to recolor?
Old May 26th, 2009 (11:30 AM).
Berry & Contest Master @-,-'--

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magician Of Ice
Nowhere in my post do I say "it takes no talent". True it takes less to do it, but that less is all that I have. I can do frankensteins of up to six pokemon and completely alter the color scheme, but I can't lay down a base model by scratch. So the only thing I'm doing with the originals when I make mine is using the default bases in tiny pieces. I don't know about you, but I feel privelaged enough to be able to do that. Question; if this sort of setup is so important, why is it not followed in other subforums? For example, the poetry subforum. (Now keep in mind this is just an example, but) I think I could blow half this site away with some of the ones I wrote (near 12 paragraphs long, taking a month or so to write, I've been writing for 7 years, etc), but does that mean that those just starting out or those that have only three paragraphs' worth don't deserve to be seen in their own thread? No. They took the time with the ability that they had, and did their best. They deserve to show off their two-paragraph poem about pink drunk polar bears just as I have a right to display mine.

But fine. If rules are rules and there's no room for negotiation I will leave this subforum for the pros. I'm just trying to speak out for the sum of us that don't have that much to offer. I would like to say though that I really like the idea of our own subforum. That would be awesome, and it would keep us from clogging this forum of your guys's. A subforum would be all that we'd ever need.

Old May 26th, 2009 (01:54 PM).
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
I'm a big ice-type fan as am I of Meowth, so I figured I would make an ice-type Meowth.

It's a mix between the R/S Meowth and Emerald Meowth sprite. Recolored, obviously.
I replaced the coin with an Icicle Plate.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline
Old May 27th, 2009 (01:18 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:

An Entei Invert*.

*An invert is when you invert the colours of a sprite on Paint (Ctrl + I), get the palettes and then recolour the orignal sprite. Check it out! Invert the sprite, it will be Entei's ordinary colours (except for the eyes and outlines, and the shading will be the wrong way around (i.e. lightest shade as outline, and vica versa.).)
The arguement covered up my sprite, so I'm posting it again. Here's a Deoxys recolour I just made, too:

Sponsored Links