The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Nature: Timid
Hello everyone, Autumn Skye here, to tell about the reformation of Pokemon Lavender edition. There's a few changes to it from before, namely the storyline:

HACK OF: FireRed

You are a 12-year-old boy/girl, living in the town known as Strangetown. Since your 7th birthday messed up your life, when you lived in Twilight Town, you've always wanted to become a Pokemon trainer, in the hopes to not only live a life of adventure and excitement, but to also discover what went wrong back at the lab, the accident that left you as an anthropomorphic animal. Today begins your Pokemon journey through the Twi region. Along the way you will meet familliar faces, shocking new allies, a strict rival, and the evil Team Seasons, who wish to corrupt the forces of nature by using Pokemon that can control the weather to ruin the world. Are you tough enough to accomplish this and become the champion of the Twi region?

Features:
Totally new storyline/subplots
New Region & Towns/Cities
Shocking Twists & Turns in the Plot
Custom Region Map!
Visit certain other towns in other regions via Magnet Train!
Anthro Player Characters! (Due to limitations, players can only be a Wolf (male) and feline (female))
And possibly more features to come!

Male player: [img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3834/genesprite2.png[/img] Default name is Gene.

Gym Leaders/Locations/Type:
Spoiler:
Kalib/Dusk City/Dark
Alyx/Zang City/Normal
Diego/Telek Town/Psychic
Tyler/Orre City/Steel
Stormie/Aquarius City/Water
Momma Hogg/Sunset Valley/Fighting
Brandon & Charlie/Autumn Villa/Electric & Grass
Blaize/Ignius City/Fire

Dawn Lavender will not be able to be completed on it's own. I DO need help with some things:
Spriting
Scripting
Music Addition
Banners
Pokemon Insertion
Sprite Insertion
Title Screen Editing
Cry Editing (Pokemon, that is.)
Beta Testers
Bug Busters (To rid the hack of undesirable effects.)

If you wanna help, just say so. I can probably do things I didn't list by myself. If you want to beta test it, you'll have to wait until I release a beta. I will be releasing screenshots of the towns, and some other stuff, as soon as I can manage to get the stuff done. Also, I will improve on the storyline, but I won't give ANY spoilers. Takes the fun out of the game. Also, if you want to be in the game, just tell me your name, and the type of trainer you want to be, and I'll get you on it. Just know, the gym leaders will be my friends, and only my friends, as will the Elite 4. Champion, you'll just have to find out... And like I said, things will change over time, as I get more people helping me, and more possibilities open.

The In-Depth Story:
For this, we will use the female player, and give her the name Rose.
Lilac Town 1:
Spoiler:
The player, Rose, wakes up in her room, thirty minutes before school. She goes downstairs and, in a rush, forgets to say hello to her mother and father, and get her lunch. She passes through town and on to Lilac Fields.

Lilac Fields 1:
Spoiler:
Rose walks to school, with 20 minutes left. She passes by milk salesman, Dusty Hogg, who offers her free Moomoo Milk and a Potion he found that he doesn't need, since his Miltank is healthy as ever. Rose simply passes through Lilac Fields without a hitch.

Zang City 1:
Spoiler:
Rose arrives in town, 5 minutes until class starts. She goes into the school, and takes a seat. Skipping to after class, 7 hours later, Rose leaves the school, and Zang City, after visiting some buildings in town, and hearing about suspicious activity in the local towns.

Lilac Fields 2:
Spoiler:
As Rose is walking back home, near where Dusty is, she hears a loud cry, followed by a Shaymin crashing into her. It tells her, via telepathy, that an evil woman with snow-white hair had tried to capture it, saying something about "a deserted wasteland" and "the world". Then it asks Rose to help it, and she agrees, taking it to her house.

Lilac Town 2:
Spoiler:
The next day, she is told by her mother that the local professor, Charles Pine, is looking for her. She travels over to his lab and, after finding that she had an appointment already without having to ask, she goes to the back of the lab, is led to the other side, and receives her starter Pokémon, a shiny Eevee. She thanks him, and leaves back to her house to tell her parents that she's going on an adventure at long last. The Shaymin offers to go with her, and she allows it. Now able to start her journey with one extra instead of the usual one, she goes to tell her childhood friend, Zack, goodbye. To her amazement, he was waiting for her. He led her to the park, and was her first opponent in a battle, making sure she knew what she was doing. After Rose's victory or loss, Zack gives her the Running Shoes, and takes off before her. Thus, she takes her leave as well.

Maps:
Spoiler:
Lilac Town:
Zang City:
Dusk City:

More maps to come soon!

Banners:
Spoiler:
Made by: Autumn Skye -> (url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178003)(img)http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4172/ubd6241.png(/img)(/url)

You know the drill about the banners: replace all the ( ) with [ ] if you wish to support my hack.

Team:
Just me...

Thanks for taking the time to look at my hack. Get ready for a bright hacking future!

Last edited by Popstar Leafeon; July 28th, 2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Added a storyline and the male player sprite!
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Hmmmm.....interesting concept. XD

Yea, as we have messaged, I can sprite for you. I can also beta test. XD But yea, I'll wait till you actually HAVE the beta, or even anything first. Right now, I'm kind of busy with my hack, so that's all I can offer, but may if my workload decreases a little, I can help script a little.

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Right now, I'm just working on the towns, cities, and routes, and not the interiors and scripts. I'm gonna have my beta take the player to the first and second gyms, but the path to Route 403 will be blocked, so as to prevent players from going to places that they shouldn't so early. That is, undeveloped places. Also, before the first beta is released, I hope to at least have the main character OWs, back sprites, the rival's OWs and her battle sprite, and a few other changes...

BTW, I'm great at noticing things like typoes, glitchy areas, mis-placed tiles, and whatknot. If you'd like, I can test out your hack before the betas come out.

Last edited by Popstar Leafeon; May 6th, 2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
I can try to do banners if you want....

Old May 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Sure, that would be nice. I need all the help I can get here. Ahh, I feel the urge to hack returning...

Old May 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Vladi
Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vladi Send a message via Skype™ to Vladi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Skye View Post
Right now, I'm just working on the towns, cities, and routes, and not the interiors and scripts. I'm gonna have my beta take the player to the first and second gyms, but the path to Route 403 will be blocked, so as to prevent players from going to places that they shouldn't so early. That is, undeveloped places. Also, before the first beta is released, I hope to at least have the main character OWs, back sprites, the rival's OWs and her battle sprite, and a few other changes...

BTW, I'm great at noticing things like typoes, glitchy areas, mis-placed tiles, and whatknot. If you'd like, I can test out your hack before the betas come out.
I can help with poke inserting and Mapping and maybe spriting

Mah egg's:

Working on:
Pokemon Sky
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Ooookay, BIG problem is occuring within the game. When you enter Crystal Forest's gate house from Route 402, you can't leave for some reason. Even worse, when you get to the gatehouse connecting Crystal Forest to Route 403, the game gets a Pink Screen of Death, without the text. I need someone who can help me fix this bug.

Old May 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Even bigger problems are occuring with the hack, so unless someone can help me with finding out why you can't get to Route 403, I'll have to restart.

Old May 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Magic

Check AdvanceMap for map connections and/or warp pads to check that everything is connected up right. An error in warps could be causing those errors I believe...
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Checked. It's all good. But I still get a Pink Screen of Death when I leave the gatehouse to Route 403... I even remade the maps and the warps, and still no good. Maybe if I gave someone a .isp file that might be able to fix it... Is there anyone like that willing to help?

Old May 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Thanks to the hacking skills of my friend Diego, all the outdoor maps for Beta 1 are finished. The beta will arrive as soon as I get events scripted, certain Pokemon inserted, sprites put in, and a few other things, so keep on the lookout!

Old May 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've played the as of yet unreleased beta and I must say, it's pretty good. The mapping rocks, and the whole "sick" Pokémon thing is interesting.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Thanks, Diego. ^.^ That's something I've not heard on Gmail from you.

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

New update - We have screenshots of the first four towns, and the first route up, for you to view! And when I say we, might as well mean me. No one's done much to help, 'cept Zanny and Diego.

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Sweet Jasmine
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Jasmine
Hmm The 3rd Map dont look nice =/.. Because you can go up easily to the next city.. well im just gonna say good luck >3

-Yasumin >3
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Actually, you'll have to beat the first gym to get to go to Route 404, which is north of Zang City. There's a guard there who refuses passage until you've beaten Kalib, and when you try to pass with the Fearbadge in tow, he'll give you the Flash HM. Although said HM might change if I can find a different move that would be useful outside the map...

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Magic

Strange Town needs a path of some sort, sand or dirt or light grass thing, as does 401.

The grass patch on 401 is rather boring and overly big.

The big building (orange brick) in Zang City looks out of place... not sure why to be honest. Maybe its because it makes the Gym look insignificant as it is the main focus of the map.

Grass at the bottom of the Green buildings looks horrible. Patch of Bush/Flower pattern in the top corner is un-natural and seems rather pointless.

I also hope Dusk City is not a final map... as compared to the others it is hideously boring.

Like the story and hope those maps can improve! Good luck!

Edit: Missed out the fact that the Mountains look too perfect, all straight lines that follow each other etc. Mix it up! :D
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Sweet Jasmine
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Jasmine
Swiftsign is kinda right So.. Learn some Mapping Tutorials on
Tutorials Thread.. There is many Hope you'd learn
and Make us impress okies? No Offense im just telling the trugh okies?
*giggles* then *winks*
Kawaii >3

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

Nature: Jolly
I've helped?

I'm sorry, things have been really busy for me. I have All-State Chorus this week, so I won't have a computer for 3 DAYS. O.< *twitch*

I can't promise anything, but look for Sunday or Monday for those OW sprites.

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

For the record, Strangetown is supposed to look like that. It's a village, there's not really any roads. As for Route 401, the grass route isn't the main one, the grassless one is. It was put for people who didn't want to encounter Pokemon constantly, and it looks a lot more like where I live. Which is mostly grass and gravel. The bushes and flowers in Zang City is a GARDEN, you'd have to read the sign at the house next to it to figure that out. The big building is a restaurant, as Zang City is a resort town. Strangetown is supposed to be off to the side of it. The mountains are still in beta. Dusk City, I'm still thinking of new ideas for it. It was originally meant to be bigger, but due to graphical issues, I had to make it smaller for the duration. So bear with me people, I am an excellent mapper. Beta maps are beta maps, they ain't gonna be perfect, so quit bein' so critical.

Old May 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
.Seth
.explorer.

Nature: Quiet
You really need to improve your mapping. It looks...terrible. It's way too square. Just so you know, I'm giving you bad feedback so you'll improve. It's called constructive criticism. Anyways, the idea sounds alright, but...StrangeTown? Seems...rushed.

All in all, it's nice.
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:53 PM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Alright, most of the maps are fixed... I've still got to join Routes 402 and 403 into one, the grass part of Route 401 is going to get a makeover next, and once again, Dusk City is screwed up. But it's bigger, and more flavorful. Mountains in Zang City now have better quality. Strangetown is NOT supposed to have a capital T, nor is there a space between Strange and town. It's named after my favorite town on The Sims 2. And the reason it doesn't have a road is because I like the foresty appearance. Route 401 used to have a road, but I took it out to make it greener, and not so dirty. If you want more road, go look in a different route, but there ain't no roads near Strangetown. Unless someone adds a few grassy splotches to the regular dirt paths.

Old May 26th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Okay, work for the hack has slowed down to a standstill due to Diego being too busy with his new Wii to help me script... I can't do anything else until I get someone who can constantly help me with the big scripts. I also need someone who can insert new Pokemon, and their cries, for a Sinnoh Pokemon is to be part of the plotline...

Old May 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hashtag
king cook

You need to give Kyledove credits for the tiles xD
Old May 27th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

Jeez, I'm gettin' to it! Don't rush me.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links