The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Latte
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I'm a major Digimon fan and this looks amazing so far. I'm in love with the battle system and the graphics. This really brings me back to when I obsessed over my Digimon Dusk. :D
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by emissary View Post
Ohh ok if you do decide to do it that would be awesome; Ohh I have another question, How will the Gym Leader thing work out and when I say that I mean like is it necessary to the storyline to fight the gym leaders or is it something that you can go to after you beat the game?
Alright so here's the Idea. There will be a big dome in the Digi world where you get to train all your Digimon once per day...I could do the PP thing...but I'd rather it be this way .
The gym leader battles aren't essential to the story, they're just a fun little exp thing to relax you I guess you could say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte View Post
I'm a major Digimon fan and this looks amazing so far. I'm in love with the battle system and the graphics. This really brings me back to when I obsessed over my Digimon Dusk. :D
lol Thank you very much I'm glad you like it.

Edit: Oh I also forgot to mention The update will happen this week, we've nearly got everything we need for it. We're just waiting on 3 sprites and Then well have it...My last day of school was today also so I'll have more time to work.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

I can't wait for the update.
I hope everything about the project is going great.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

I'm behind anyone trying to create a Digimon fangame for once, and this ain't any different. Can't wait to see what you've got in store.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
I can't wait for the update.
I hope everything about the project is going great.
So far so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
I'm behind anyone trying to create a Digimon fangame for once, and this ain't any different. Can't wait to see what you've got in store.
Thank you for the support lol, we'll make sure we do our best :D

Well Being that alot of the team still has school and this game is fairly new and from scratch, some progress that was planned for this update has been postponed, but don't worry, I will try to have it all ready for you all come next update.

The Titlescreen

Here's a small video of the Titlescreen that I took using Hypercam, so please excuse the quality of the Video. This is a W.I.P However being that there's a few things in it that just seem odd to me(maybe that's just me though :/). If you have any Ideas or want to see something in or improved on Digimon World Alpha please let me know

Menus

Great now that that's out of the way, what else? Oh how about The menu?

This is The Menu in Digimon World Alpha The background effect resembles the one of DW3, but Will soon resemble The DS versions since, well this game is to mimic some of The DS versions attributes as well as create it's own style

Some in game events

Here you'll see part of the beginning of the games first event...Imagine being slapped in the head like this every day by your best friend just to wake you up.

The female as a few of you can tell, is the female protagonist from Digimon World DS, she's just a place holder until Tomoya finishes the new male and female friend sprites...come next update I'll post screens of the Female hero's room so you can see what will change between the male and female selection.

Junpei City

Welcome to Junpei City! Well part of it anyway, this is the part of the City you'll first be introduced to in the game, there's still more to come so look out.

Spoiler:

I like how the town turned out, and a few things are missing that I haven't had time to get to yet like signs, street lamps, and building logs(such as the card shops; lower left) so I'll get to work on them asap.

More Digi-Fakes?

yes but not to worry It's only 2 and that means we only have a few more to show you before we're permanently done with the Digi-Fakes alright?

Spoiler:

Meet Gamblemon. You'll first encounter this Digimon in the Digital world, but what It's usefulness is will be withheld until we reach the Digital world in the Updates

Spoiler:

And last but not least, meet the Ulitimate form of Kidomon; Grandkishidramon. Hopefully I'll be able to sprite it professionally so that it matches the rest of the Ds versions Digimon so Wish me luck :D

More Sig friendly Userbars

Being that I can understand how many don't like the bulky Userbars, i've made 2 smaller Userbars for Alpha's supporters so If you feel it necessary, support us all the way

Spoiler:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178142"][IMG]http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/mytree2003/Digimon%20Stuffs/Alphasupport2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Spoiler:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178142"][IMG]http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/mytree2003/Digimon%20Stuffs/Alphasupport.png[/IMG][/URL]

Old May 25th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
The cities and the rooms remind me of Megaman exe..
but this will be cool...
btw,i like the tittlescreen and the choice of music too..

Old May 25th, 2009, 03:31 AM
ksykk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Nice battle system. I like it.
Keep it up!
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:36 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

awsome update but your all done with your fake digimon?
what about mega for kidomon?
Old May 25th, 2009, 06:06 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
We have the mega done were just not going to show it just yet, we want to keep it a suprise.
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

The update was nothing short of amazing.
I like how the town is very structured.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageangel View Post
The cities and the rooms remind me of Megaman exe..
but this will be cool...
btw,i like the tittlescreen and the choice of music too..
Well the Buildings are From Megaman That's probably why

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksykk View Post
Nice battle system. I like it.
Keep it up!
Thank you.

Quote:
No, I said we're almsot done showing them all...There will 5 more we need to show, the female protagonists Digimon and It's Digivoloutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
The update was nothing short of amazing.
I like how the town is very structured.
Thank you, I like how it turned out as well. A bit's missing in the town so When I get to fixing that I'll show the map again.
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Nice update. I like how everything going on.
Good luck on your project!

A suggestion, try to change the font color to dark blue. It should work better. XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

You should add some effects into the title screen- like the Digimon's eyes glowing, or there coloured part of their bodies glowing. To give it a nice animated look.
The event and map world screenshots dropped my jaw. Really well done with the mapping and looks amazing. I can't really add anything constructive to this comment lol.

Grandkishidramon looks great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprite.

Reading over my post before I post it, I'm sorry I can't offer any more constructive help, but you seem like you don't need any with this update- so in other words, truly a good job.
Well done.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
mulch_ar
What should I type here?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mulch_ar
Nice update there, FMP! the title screen looks really great. And the new digi-fake and the champion form, can't wait to see them as sprites. The city looks neat, and the room background is better. Can't wait to see the next update, keep up the good work xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:24 AM
spacetrogg
Beginning Trainer

I've been a member of the pokecommunity for a few months now, but this is the first project that has really caught my eye. The start screen is amazing (great use of the digimon main theme music) and the fakemon look great in my opinion.
One quick question, will you be including any digimon that did not appear in any of the ds games? Only asking as there are some digimon like DemiMeramon which were missing from them and I'd like to see them make an appearance.
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

sweet you do have more i realized that i missed that earler. all i can say is woot for more of them (i really like fake things it gives the game even more personality from the creators in my opinon). This is one of the first things i check when i come to pokecommunity (and yes i know that, that sounds strange). It is also the first support bar i've ever put in my sig.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
Amazing keep it up man look great

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
Nice update. I like how everything going on.
Good luck on your project!

A suggestion, try to change the font color to dark blue. It should work better. XD
Thanks OG and yeah that probably would work better lol. I'll get to it a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
You should add some effects into the title screen- like the Digimon's eyes glowing, or there coloured part of their bodies glowing. To give it a nice animated look.
The event and map world screenshots dropped my jaw. Really well done with the mapping and looks amazing. I can't really add anything constructive to this comment lol.

Grandkishidramon looks great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprite.

Reading over my post before I post it, I'm sorry I can't offer any more constructive help, but you seem like you don't need any with this update- so in other words, truly a good job.
Well done.
That's perfectly fine Neo, I'm glad you even offer your CC. Hmmm, a phase glow to the Digimon on the titlescreen? Alright I'll give that a shot, it sounds pretty interesting and would probably be a bit more entertaining to look at lol. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulch_ar View Post
Nice update there, FMP! the title screen looks really great. And the new digi-fake and the champion form, can't wait to see them as sprites. The city looks neat, and the room background is better. Can't wait to see the next update, keep up the good work xD
Thank you Mulch, Hopefully I'll have a bigger update for you all next time. I'm currently working on a digivoulotion script, let's hope it turns out for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetrogg View Post
I've been a member of the pokecommunity for a few months now, but this is the first project that has really caught my eye. The start screen is amazing (great use of the digimon main theme music) and the fakemon look great in my opinion.
One quick question, will you be including any digimon that did not appear in any of the ds games? Only asking as there are some digimon like DemiMeramon which were missing from them and I'd like to see them make an appearance.
Thank you very much, that's good to know, of course there are many, many more games with trully amazing things in them in this area of the site . Hmmm...That's a definite possibility. I'll attempt adding in other Digimon from the real series after I get a decent amount of work done on the game.

Quote:
sweet you do have more i realized that i missed that earler. all i can say is woot for more of them (i really like fake things it gives the game even more personality from the creators in my opinon). This is one of the first things i check when i come to pokecommunity (and yes i know that, that sounds strange). It is also the first support bar i've ever put in my sig.
Well that's good to know lol, and thank you for supporting us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪岩窟王♪ View Post
Amazing keep it up man look great
Thank you, we'll do our best.
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:45 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Hmm i wonder why no-one has posted for a while, whens the next up date if you dont mind me asking?

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old May 31st, 2009, 04:48 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

i was waiting for the update to post but i think the reason why there hasn't been much happening here is becuase F.M.P. is test running pokemon Raptor.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:05 AM
Aelous
The rain washed away his soul.

Nature: Calm
I love digimon, and would love to play this, but I have a few questions:
For one, Does the character get to choose his digivice color/s?
Next, Are there going to be any digimon that are not in the DS games and are not fakemon? (I only played dusk, but it didn't have digimon like the original lucemon, or Victory Greymon, the Digimon Frontier main character digimon, and etc.)

Along with the Wiki,

+

+

+

+

Old May 31st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Likewise
Bye.

Well, FMP is really busy with Raptor, personal life and...can't say the last thing, idk if he wants me too.
I am busy planning our next game, so look forward for that...(hehe a little advertising couldn't hurt) along with exams, projects all that end of the year crap.

And I really haven't seen ryushin around, but I think school is his main issue.

Now for questions.
@Aeloius, Probably not, the digivice color depends on who you pick as your character, and most likely yes, there will be digimon that were not in the original games.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.

Last edited by Likewise; May 31st, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:50 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkAchu~ View Post
Hmm i wonder why no-one has posted for a while, whens the next up date if you dont mind me asking?
I apologize for that lol, I've been pretty busy working on Raptor so that everyone can see that game in action(It's amazing so far), as well as the outside life. I've also been learning Sugimori, and animestyled shading and such on Photoshop for my other game I'll try to make the update within the next two weeks so no ones dissapointed though, that way I'll get Raptor finished and have more time to put towards Alpha.

Quote:
i was waiting for the update to post but i think the reason why there hasn't been much happening here is becuase F.M.P. is test running pokemon Raptor.
Yes, that's a reason why lol thanks for helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
I love digimon, and would love to play this, but I have a few questions:
For one, Does the character get to choose his digivice color/s?
Next, Are there going to be any digimon that are not in the DS games and are not fakemon? (I only played dusk, but it didn't have digimon like the original lucemon, or Victory Greymon, the Digimon Frontier main character digimon, and etc.)
Thank you very mcuh, and Picking the Digivice color huh? That definitely sounds like a cool Idea. Sure we'll do that, I'd like that alot as for official Digimon that weren't in the DS versions of the game, that's highly likely...I need to get the spriting down for the Style that the Ds version Digimon were in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likewise View Post
Well, FMP is really busy with Raptor, personal life and...can't say the last thing, idk if he wants me too.
I am busy planning our next game, so look forward for that...(hehe a little advertising couldn't hurt) along with exams, projects all that end of the year crap.

And I really haven't seen ryushin around, but I think school is his main issue.

Now for questions.
@Aeloius, Probably not, the digivice color depends on who you pick as your character, and most likely yes, there will be digimon that were not in the original games.
Thanks for Keeping them Informed El

P.S. You'll love the next two games we've been planning for everyone, I know for a fact there are many, MANY fans of these games...Keep a look out for special small spoilers in the Digimon WA updates to see if you can take a guess at what El and Ryu have been planning for you
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

I hope after raptor is out you can continue making progress.
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Aelous
The rain washed away his soul.

Nature: Calm
thanks, to the both of you for answering the questions. Also, F.M.P. if you do let people choose the color of the digivice, you'll probably want to change the characters' clothings' colors to match them... =D

Along with the Wiki,

+

+

+

+

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here