The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:20 PM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Oh wow.

The Digimon fan that still exists within me thinks is the most awesome thing since the actual series. To me it looks more entertaining then any of the Digimon games that are actually out for the DS/GBA/etc. Not sure why.. it just does. Awesome work so far, and I'm definitely going to stalk watch this until it releases. \o/
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:31 AM
phoenix456
Rising from the ashes

Wow FMP nice update even though I am a bit late, the ultimate form looks awesome can't wait to see the mega form and I am impressed on how well you use the isometric tiles and the title screen animation pwns XD also that Gamblemon looks awesome i'm going to take a quick guess is his purpose in the digital world to be used for mini games like gambling minigames since his name is Gamblemon I would expect that; Anyways awesome update and I just can't wait to see more. :D
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:39 AM
emissary
Taboo's follower

Nice update FMP I have to say I am very impressed, I have a question though will you be incorporating element's from the 4th season of digimon(you know the one where the kids turned into digimon) and if you are how is that going to work out?
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
I hope after raptor is out you can continue making progress.
Definitely Alpha's other spriter Sakagami Tomoya, has already sent the new friend sprites that I'll have to show off in next update because they look so impressive, I'm working on that glow to the titlescreen that Neo mentioned, and that doesn't look to bad lol, but yes I'll defintiely be back on this project when Raptor is finished up and released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
thanks, to the both of you for answering the questions. Also, F.M.P. if you do let people choose the color of the digivice, you'll probably want to change the characters' clothings' colors to match them... =D
Hmmm. You're just full of little cool Ideas aren't you?! lol. Alright that doesn't seem to hard. If I can fininish that up by the time I release the next update, I'll explain to everyone how you pick the color of your Digivice as well as changing your clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Oh wow.

The Digimon fan that still exists within me thinks is the most awesome thing since the actual series. To me it looks more entertaining then any of the Digimon games that are actually out for the DS/GBA/etc. Not sure why.. it just does. Awesome work so far, and I'm definitely going to stalk watch this until it releases. \o/
Ah. Thank you very much, I'm very glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix456 View Post
Wow FMP nice update even though I am a bit late, the ultimate form looks awesome can't wait to see the mega form and I am impressed on how well you use the isometric tiles and the title screen animation pwns XD also that Gamblemon looks awesome i'm going to take a quick guess is his purpose in the digital world to be used for mini games like gambling minigames since his name is Gamblemon I would expect that; Anyways awesome update and I just can't wait to see more. :D
Thank you Phoenix, The awesomness of the Digi-Fake is the responsibilty of our concept artist ShadyPenpen . Your guess on Gamblemon isn't bad at all :O That was pretty good in all honesty, buuuut Nope lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by emissary View Post
Nice update FMP I have to say I am very impressed, I have a question though will you be incorporating element's from the 4th season of digimon(you know the one where the kids turned into digimon) and if you are how is that going to work out?
Thank you Emissary. In all honesty I couldn't understand why Kids were turning into Digimon, and that concept kinda scared me, so I don't think I'll be incorporating that Idea lol.

Note: I'm currently working on Maps for the Digital world as well as inside tiling for the buildings, the Titlescreen, and Animation effects for a great trip to the Digital world.
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:38 PM
omnimon
Beginning Trainer

Hey F.M.P. this game looks awesome!
Are you going to incorporate the digimon breeding system like in Dawn and Dusk?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
TheRexion
Elite Trainer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheRexion
Neat project, I would definitely play this
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
athrun5
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
in your game are u going to use the same names as in the english version or are u going to use the originals
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by athrun5 View Post
in your game are u going to use the same names as in the english version or are u going to use the originals
Yes I intend to use the English name, being that's what most people that've played Digimon on this form are probably more familar with those names

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRexion View Post
Neat project, I would definitely play this
Thank you Very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimon View Post
Hey F.M.P. this game looks awesome!
Are you going to incorporate the digimon breeding system like in Dawn and Dusk?
Thank you. I'm not sure If we'll call it a Digimon Breeding system of sorts, but we'll be applying something close to the concept
Old June 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
megadude33
I'm the Alpha Omega baby

Hey so I have a question; Since your using Isometric tiles is the game going to be 8 way movement? I know it might be hard to script something like that, with it also having an 8 way charset, and it not needing and SDK.

~megadude33
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Aelous
The rain washed away his soul.

Nature: Calm
The following will be a random post pertaining to the game:
please try to add Strabimon lol (he's one of my favorite digimon...)

Along with the Wiki,

+

+

+

+

Old June 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
BlazingLink
Sergeant Serious

Nature: Modest
It looks nice.

I don't like Digimon, but this looks cool.

Old June 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude33 View Post
Hey so I have a question; Since your using Isometric tiles is the game going to be 8 way movement? I know it might be hard to script something like that, with it also having an 8 way charset, and it not needing and SDK.

~megadude33
lol That's a good question, as a matter of fact there's a small demo vid below so you can see how it looks, and yes This one's without a Starter Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
The following will be a random post pertaining to the game:
please try to add Strabimon lol (he's one of my favorite digimon...)
Straimon huh? I'll look into that one lol. If you all want to see a certain Digimon in the game that wasn't in the Official DS vesions, please just leave a comment and I'll look back on them when I have free time and see which ones I'll add in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingLink View Post
It looks nice.

I don't like Digimon, but this looks cool.
Thank you BlazingLink

Here's the Video of the Isometric 8 way script, I'll have to change a few things so everything's properly aligned with the maps though, but I'll get to that a bit later

Old June 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
megadude33
I'm the Alpha Omega baby

ohh wow that looks real awesome, ohh I don't know if you noticed but you are walking on some of the buildings, also are those leaves that are falling from the sky?
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Wow awesome, i like this script, and the game looks like DS game what i playing its amazing.

Old June 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
The video looks great. I love the overlay of the leafs blowing, adds a really nice effect.
Another thing I noticed was the water effects- another thing that looks great.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM
emissary
Taboo's follower

Wow that is awesome FMP, love the weather effects. So I know that the male and female heroes both have different storylines and different digimon we've seen the male hero's digimon, So I was wondering if you guy's have created the female hero's digimon yet?

~emissary
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude33 View Post
ohh wow that looks real awesome, ohh I don't know if you noticed but you are walking on some of the buildings, also are those leaves that are falling from the sky?
Thank you very much Megadude, and Yeah I noticed lol. I forgot to mention not to worry about that because It's a passibility issue I haven't made the buildings unpassable quite yet lol, and Yes those are leaves...you'll be seeing more season changes happen in and out also

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom12 View Post
Wow awesome, i like this script, and the game looks like DS game what i playing its amazing.
Thank you Venom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
The video looks great. I love the overlay of the leafs blowing, adds a really nice effect.
Another thing I noticed was the water effects- another thing that looks great.
Thank you very much Neo lol, I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emissary View Post
Wow that is awesome FMP, love the weather effects. So I know that the male and female heroes both have different storylines and different digimon we've seen the male hero's digimon, So I was wondering if you guy's have created the female hero's digimon yet?

~emissary
Ohhh speaking of which. Ryu just sent me the Concept art that Shady Pen pen made for the Females Digimon, I got the New best friends sprites from Sakagami and I'm now working on the Gender selection script, so I think the update will be full this time round
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
omnimon
Beginning Trainer

I like the look of video above and the custom tile look nice in there.

could you add raidramon and some of the season 4 hybrids?
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM
mulch_ar
What should I type here?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mulch_ar
Great preview there, FMP. The falling leaves make it cooler. But I think there's something wrong on 0:21. Can't wait for the beta, Keep up the good work!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

just for anything i want to say you shouldn't add any of the hybrids because i never really understood them people truning into digimon was not a good idea. Anyway a digimon i will be sad to not see in this would be phoenixmon as it was always a favorite of mine (he was in the ds games but i just wanted to mention him so that you wouldn't take him out for something else).

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
phoenix456
Rising from the ashes

Wow FMP I like the vid, the leaves effect looks awesome. I can't wait to see the female digimon partner.
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
TheRexion
Elite Trainer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheRexion
That looks great, hope to see more stuff like that
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimon View Post
I like the look of video above and the custom tile look nice in there.

could you add raidramon and some of the season 4 hybrids?
Thanks Omnimon...Raidramon's a definite possibility, but I'm not to sure about the Hybrids...Kids turning into Digimon freaks me out a bit 0_o I've never been able to understand why or how that could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulch_ar View Post
Great preview there, FMP. The falling leaves make it cooler. But I think there's something wrong on 0:21. Can't wait for the beta, Keep up the good work!
Thanks there Mulch, and lol Yeah that's the passibility error I didn't have fixed before the vid...I've taken care of it now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
just for anything i want to say you shouldn't add any of the hybrids because i never really understood them people truning into digimon was not a good idea. Anyway a digimon i will be sad to not see in this would be phoenixmon as it was always a favorite of mine (he was in the ds games but i just wanted to mention him so that you wouldn't take him out for something else).
I'm not to sure I'll add them in anyway, unless I can find a really good...and I mean REALLY good way to put them into the storyline...Don't worry I don't plan on getting rid of any of the official Digimon sprites, but I do plan on adding in many more before the final release of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix456 View Post
Wow FMP I like the vid, the leaves effect looks awesome. I can't wait to see the female digimon partner.
Thank you very much Phoenix. I have to tell you, the Females partner looks amazing...I was take aback when I got hold of the Picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRexion View Post
That looks great, hope to see more stuff like that
Thank you very much

Just so everyone knows my grounds as to where I'm at right now. I've just finished making the Character selection script today, I'm now working on new maps, events, and the Digivolution script. I also plan on having a Demo released on the Day of the update when we reach the Digital world in the Updates so Everyone can get a small taste of what we've been trully running with and how the gameplay feels.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

The video was just amazing the leafs falling down
was a great effect anticipating the release of
this keep up the great work and good luck
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:02 AM
phoenix456
Rising from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
Thank you very much

Just so everyone knows my grounds as to where I'm at right now. I've just finished making the Character selection script today, I'm now working on new maps, events, and the Digivolution script. I also plan on having a Demo released on the Day of the update when we reach the Digital world in the Updates so Everyone can get a small taste of what we've been trully running with and how the gameplay feels.
Great to hear FMP I can't wait to see the character selection script and the digivolution script, and the demo is coming out when you get to the digital world update, I just can't wait. :D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here