Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
I got this idea from my roleplay here on PC, and I figured it would make a good story.

There's a ship in a storm that sinks and only a couple of people (5 or 6) make it to the island. There they must face the need of food, water and shelter, of getting along with each other and of the idea of never going home. Of course there's the occasional character that can't stand the other, there's the disasters that come with survival.

And then they are not alone on the island (No, not Lost style). There's a tribe of island people in the forest, one of them is a very curious little lady with a very limited vocabulary of English (picked up from other survivors who she spied on). But, while watching the survivors one of them finds her and befriends her.

something along those rough line. What do you think?

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Feign
Clain

Nature: Quirky
I'd think it could work

You could include elements of man vs. man, man vs. nature, and man vs. themself too
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Haha, the ancient old conflicts. Isn't it so that every conflict can be put into one of those categories?

Vs. yourself, vs. someone else and vs. everyone?

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Feign
Clain

Yeah, there is also vs. God; vs. *object* Oo lol I can't remember... this is from like junior high O_o

Vs. one's self is usually the more interesting conflict, but also hardest to recreate. Man vs. man being the easiest.
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
ShinjisLover
Later Potater!

Nature: Lax
This idea has potential. However, you'd need to get a good geographical location to pull it off.

Also, the plot seems a little too 'Survivor'. Maybe throw in something interesting?

I had an idea a lot like this and one of the characters worshiped a god that didn't exist, making them an outcast. Though, I never did write it. .
Something along the lines of that would make the story more interesting and bring a lot of focus to that character.
Fluttershy

» Yay
» I'm the world champ, you know
» You rock, woohoo
» Oh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting?
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Feign
Clain

Perhaps if she wanted to do that though, it would have to be brought in, very early in the story, as bringing it out in the most inappropriate/appropriate time would not only confuse the reader, but seem to try to push interest.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here