The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Unfortunately, the Nintendo KH games... kind of aren't. They may be my favourites in the series so far, but really, Chain of Memories was set up so that you didn't actually need to know what transpired to enjoy the proper sequel to KH1. If you played it, great, you have more backstory and some things in KH2 make a little more sense. If you didn't play it, that's okay. It doesn't detract from the experience you have with KH2 and Sora's just as clueless as you are.

KH 358/2 Days is a retconned prequel so... yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. It's nice to know some more details but it won't be at all required to enjoy the main games. Same with BBS, I would assume.
Yes, well that may be, it doesn't mean that they aren't important, let alone less authentic somehow. For instance, if you hadn't played through CoM, you'd have no idea who Namine was or why Sora & the gang were in pods. You'd also be confused as to why Organization XIII had just about half of their number or why King Mickey & Riku were in Organization Cloaks. The thing about 358/2 Days, coded, and Birth by Sleep is that Tetsuya Nomura, the game's director, said that each reveal or foreshadow important things that are set to be in KHIII, just as CoM did for KHII.

Old June 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I never said they weren't important or effective, I just said they weren't required in the least. I have a few friends who played KH2 without having played COM and they were fine. One friend didn't even want to hear what happened in COM because "the opening vid for KH2 was good enough". I may not agree, since I think each game is worthwhile and should be played to flesh out the story but... like I said, you really aren't missing anything huge without the games. (When the main character is more or less brainwashed into believing the entire contents of a game never happened? ...yeah, the game isn't "required reading" if you will.)

:( Which all sucks because I think COM is the best game in the series, lmao.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
BlooMilk C.
Donator Tier 3

Nature: Impish
my favorite is the second.its the only one i actually own, and feautures Roxas. Roxas is like, awesome i mean seriously. ive also heard about a rumor of Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii that takes place in the Keyblade War. You see i preview of it in the Kingdom Hearts 2 Secret Ending.You must beat the game in Normal Mode (not, Beginner!Not Expert!Normal!) too see it. If u wanna be lazy like me watch it on some website like YouTube, XD
Old June 20th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Jweeson
Pokemon Aficianado

Nature: Docile
This seems like a wonderful thread to be in for me. I am just about to start the game over again, and I was wondering what your guys's opinion is of the best level to be before leaving Destiny Islands.

Old June 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Reina
pandasaur!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Reina Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Reina Send a message via Skype™ to Reina
Hey, can I join? D: I just got Re: Chain of Memories, and I love it like the other games <3
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
BlooMilk C.
Donator Tier 3

Nature: Impish
I alreadyjoin the social group i just wanna be on the mem ber list
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMilk C. View Post
my favorite is the second.its the only one i actually own, and feautures Roxas. Roxas is like, awesome i mean seriously. ive also heard about a rumor of Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii that takes place in the Keyblade War. You see i preview of it in the Kingdom Hearts 2 Secret Ending.You must beat the game in Normal Mode (not, Beginner!Not Expert!Normal!) too see it. If u wanna be lazy like me watch it on some website like YouTube, XD
The game that is shown in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts II is actually Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for the PSP, which takes place 10 years before Kingdom Hearts. The trailer shown in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is part of the ending of the game, or so it was said to be.

Quote:
I alreadyjoin the social group i just wanna be on the mem ber list
The Social Group is separate to this Fan Club, I'm not even on the Social Group. Anyway, welcome to the club.

~Member List Update~

Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:01 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Mmm.... you can see the secret ending in any mode above normal. :| It actually takes less effort to see it in Expert than Normal. The secret ending is standard fare and doesn't hint to any console at all so idk where you're getting the Wii thing from. :[

tumblrtwitter

Old June 26th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

This isn't much of a post, but rumor has it that Kingdom Hearts coded may be headed for the PSP after each of its episodes are released in a similar manner to Final Fantasy IV: The After Years getting on WiiWare and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, originally planned as a cell phone game, heading for the PSP instead.

Old June 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
I got some news!......Oh yeah spoiler tags!
Spoiler:
I got some news , which is kinda sad! Hikaru Utada has been singing the theme for 1 & 2,right? Well now she has said she is not gonna do it anymore as Disney won't pay her enough and she writes the translations and everything so she's decided she's not gonna do it anymore.

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful View Post
I got some news!......Oh yeah spoiler tags!
Spoiler:
I got some news , which is kinda sad! Hikaru Utada has been singing the theme for 1 & 2,right? Well now she has said she is not gonna do it anymore as Disney won't pay her enough and she writes the translations and everything so she's decided she's not gonna do it anymore.
Aww, that is sad news. You never know though, things could change. We have a while before Birth by Sleep is released and Kingdom Hearts III hasn't even been started, as far as we know, negotiations could happen some time.

Old June 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
lolwut
Too cute for you

I really hope it does change then, her music for the games has been amazing.

Anyways i just started a new game on kh2 so i guess i wont be AS bored as i normally am xD.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
New!!!! I can now breed dakrai eggs!
Quote:
do you know what my rayquaza is hacked and it knows better moves then magicarp so that is fine with me
Quote:
what his shiny scisor is a hack!!!!!!!!!! how dare he try to trade me a hacked pokemon!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
do all of you live in the us because i live in canada and i got the arceus event

what do you mean by ev spread???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob View Post
get off my thread i do ev train BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT AN EV IS

Old June 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpokez View Post
I really hope it does change then, her music for the games has been amazing.

Anyways i just started a new game on kh2 so i guess i wont be AS bored as i normally am xD.
Funny you should say that, I started new games in Final Fantasy VI Advance & Final Fantasy VII on my PSP so I wouldn't be bored waiting for Dissidia Final Fantasy to release..along with eventually beating my Proud Mode file in Kingdom Hearts II.

Old June 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Well hopefully she'll change her mind,because to me Hikaru Utada Totally Rocks!
Anyway I hope she does change her mind!

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

They'll likely negotiate and she'll get more money.

Old June 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
wee187
Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09

Nature: Naive
Aww, that's a shame, if she does leave. I always like her music. =|

Big Sis =3|Teh Bro o.O
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

idk, Disney can be pretty stingy with stuff like this. :( I can just as easily see them just going for another J-Pop artist even if it wouldn't be the same.

tumblrtwitter

Old June 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Yes Utada is one of a Kind,but hopefully Disney will rise the money a little much! Or I may not play KH unless you can skip the music........MUTE!

Old June 29th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

I'd miss her music, thats for sure, I'd still play the games though since you only hear Utada's music during the opening and credits. As long as Yoko Shimomura stays on I'll be fine.

Old June 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Yeah, I could live if Utada jumped ship (though I'd still be unhappy about it) but so long as Shimomura is in charge of BGM, no one gets hurt. ;~; She's probably my favourite composer omg.

tumblrtwitter

Old June 30th, 2009, 06:21 PM
manhattan
missing in action

Nature: Bold
I request joinage please :3
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Sure thing manhattan
~Member List Updated~

Old July 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Hey, would you mind if I joined this sweet-looking FC? ^_^ I'm a true Kingdom Hearts fangirl and willing to be completely compliant with the rules. :3

Old July 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Crystal-Heart
~Black & White~

Of course you can join.
~Member List Updated~

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM
Inferno1
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Jolly
i will join kingdom hearts is one of my top 5 games and right at the moment it is number 2 only because i am playing Final Fantasy X again so that has taken number 1 spot

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here