The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you think Pokemon Starfall's gym leaders need to be redone.If so,which one?
No,they are fine. 1 16.67%
Cassy 1 16.67%
Maylene 3 50.00%
Dorian 0 0%
Colt 1 16.67%
Kira 0 0%
Dylan 0 0%
Jade 0 0%
Bertha 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
Demo release(through the first gym) VERY SOON!
Made with the help of Pokemon Essentials

Main Producers:
Me-Pkmn.master/mew339
My cousin-xDarkMatter93x

Updates(new)
---New Videos---

Updates(Previous)
---New Video!---
---Showcasing some maps---
---New screenshots---
---story/intro update---
---New feature---

The Ember Region

Towns and Cities
Spoiler:

Introduction:
In the region of Ember,A mysterious group of people have been showing up and performing strange acts.Together with the help of the people of the Ember region,and a strange old woman that you have never seen before,you will unravel the shady characters' secrets while setting out on a journey to become a professional Pokemon trainer.

The story:
You Live in the Johto region. One morning in your room at Goldenrod City, you awake to find that you have recieved a video message from Professor Oak. He plans on traveling to Hoenn to study the Pokemon there. He wants you to come with him. He informs you that he will leave soon and that you need to board the Godenrod plane bound for Hoenn immediantly. After talking to your mom, she reminds you that you can't use your high-leved Pokemon and you need to stop by Bill's house to get a new one. After you board the plane, near Hoenn, three passengers wait for the right moment and take over the plane. Two of them steal all of the passenger's Pokemon. You enter the room after answering the phone call from Professer Oak. After refusing to hand over your Pokemon, you engage in a battle with one of them. After winning, one the grunts sends out a Pokemon to use hyperbeam on you. Then, as if time stopped, a Pokemon saved you.The hyperbeam misses and destroys the plane that goes down over the ocean.You then awake later on the Ember region to find yourself in a room in a lady's house. You can't remember much. You decide to travel the Ember region full of strong trainers. Later on,you meet a mysterious old woman that is full of knowledge about the legendary Pokemon that you saw and later helps you with understanding the group of strange people known as Organization A.(Team name will change. Any Ideas for the team name and the other two starters of the game will be take in consideration.)

Organization A's Plan:
Spoiler:

The Organization is after the legendary Pokemon that helped shape time.On top of that,they have stolen the ADAMANT ORB.Leaving one Pokemon the are after,Celebi.Trying to get all these things,you soon find that they might be trying to use them to awaken Dialga and freeze all time on the Pokemon World with Dialga,being overpowered by the legendary Pokemon that shaped Ember.Why would they want to do this?It's up to you to save the pokemon World!

Features:
*The Ember Region---All maps completed
NEW!*Pokemon Center with battle simulator---%97
Story---%20
*Ability to travel to space
*Gym leaders from each region to fill 9 Gyms-one gym leader completed
*Battle Frontier-%0
*Day/Night system--%100
*Can get all Pokemon from every region-%13
*A very interesting side-quest after you beat the game-%23
*???,???,and Riolu as the starters-Need ideas for other two
*Possible ability to let your Pokemon follow you-%0
*Possibly a dozen sidequests letting you become a Pokemon Ranger,Join Team Aqua or Magma,or become a gym leader after you have beaten the game.

The Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Name:Cassy
Azul Town gym leader.The carries grass type Pokemon that have a powerful strategy,sleep and poison powders.If you look hard,you might just find something usefull in the gym itself to take them down and build momentom for her final Pokemon,Tropius!

Name:Maylene
A girl that Is taking over the gym that her father owns.He has left for Kanto for a few days.Her father does live in the Ember region.She still uses fighting Pokemon.

Name:.Dorian
The fire-type gym leader.He is strong,but the reward is not only a badge and tm....But an egg.

Name:Colt
He holds water-type Pokemon.After beating him,you get a nice badge and TM with the boat pass to the upper left island of the region.

Name:Kira
A very smart,yet unwise girl.She uses psychic Pokemon and helps run the Starfall International Space Station.

(note:this sprite is a placeholder.All credit goes to Pokecharms for making it.)
Name:Who you think it is...
No,your monitor isn't screwing up.Miror B.After losing his shadow Pokemon 12 years earlier,he started all over.This time, he worked hard to improve his Lombre and Ludicolo.He went through 3 of the Elite four before losing.He was then offered a place as the gym leader since the one originally retired.

Name:.Dylan
Named after my cousin,he uses normal-type Pokemon.

Name:Jade
She ownes Ice Pokemon in one of the largest cities in Ember.Beat her and she will offer a trade for a rare and powerful Ice-type Pokemon.

Name:Bertha
Two years after Pokemon Platinum,she retiered from Pokemon battles.When Starlight City was created,the side of a rock formation that it was built by was blasted to make room for an underground subway,thus revealing a hidden old gym.The front was destroyed from the blast.Later, the decision was made to restore it.Now the region had one to many gym leaders.After a long search for a gym leader,Blue was offered this position.She declined as she was already the leader of the Seaward island Pokemon master's gathering.(more about that later.)Bertha was then offered the position,and thought that it wouldn't be as hard on her as the Elite Four and accepted.

New Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Azul Town

Pokemon Center

First Route

Old Screenshots:
Spoiler:

(GOING LEFT TO RIGHT)
First image:A picture of the first route.
Second image:The battle screen
Third image:a snowy route.I am aware of the trees,it will be fixed
Fourth image:A ghost town
Fifth-tenth images:Inside the Pokemart of the ghost town.
Tenth image:Inside the Pokemart at the ghost town..???!
11-13:At the first gym.

New Videos:

Trainer Battle with new battle background. Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB10sjRDwt8

The Pokedex and summary screen. Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6g8DjWxeXg

This is the starting part of the game.Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmk0wIKRuXM

(see features)

Credits:
Space Guard's Pokémon Platinum Rips (and customs)
4th Gen Matt's Pokemon Resource Pack
Marnic Slyker
Kyledove-Tileset
Alistair
colorful summer
Gamer2020
Wesley FG
Saurav

Producers,Designers,scripters,spriters,composers:
Pkmn.master(Derek)
Nightrider434343(Dylan)

Help Wanted!
Making a game is hard with just two people.Thanks to all the people mentioned above Producers,Designers,scripters,spriters,composers,but with no professional spriters or scripters,we can hardly make it!

Spriters(Overworld,trainer battle sprites and/or trainer back sprites)
3 needed

Scripters(Advanced scripters,capable of editing the menu system,box system,ect.)
2 needed

Artwork(could be the same as spriting,but must be able to make battle backgrounds,ect)

1 or 2 needed
And also I will give away all my reasources(E.G.Tilesets(HGSS,DPP) ) to the people that work for me!

Last edited by pkmn.master; January 16th, 2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Update
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
joshua159357
Beginning Trainer

lol cool..........................................................................
Old June 13th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Replace lines 1057 and 1058 in "PokeBattle_ActualScene" with this
Code:
BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)
The enemy and player boxes will look much better with it And you might want to remove the shadow from the lights appearing at day.
Good luck with your game.
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Arcelio
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
Very nice looking game. i look forward to a beta release.

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
~PokeJosh~
Pimpatune

Nature: Lonely
Not the best put together graphics but it looks like you might know how to put a game together. We'll just have to see in time. Keep on updating!

-PokeJosh
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

@PokeJosh: Don't worry,I have many more surprises before the official release.I have changed the graphics a lot since I posed this.I'm a newbie to making games.

@Arcelio: Thanks!I will get the next beta soon,by the end of this month probably,if map connections work out properly.

@Luka S.J.:Thanks for this script.By the way,how good are you at scripting.I need a scriptor to do a couple of things,like a custom menu screen,before the final release.If you can help,I will credit you greatly.Right now I only have one member helping.He is masterful at maps,but neither of us know RGSS.I'm trying to learn,but It might take forever.

By the way everyone,The main character's will change.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Zephyr Gale
Game maker

Nature: Adamant
Its kinda funny as it seem your game is already almost completed XD

Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

Nature: Jolly
Wow, that looks really awesome! I'll be sure to get it as soon as you're done!
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

@ Birdybot:Thank you!

@Zephyr Gale: Well,Kinda.As soon as the game is done,all of the characters will be changed.Gold isn't the main character,and a female will be available.The graphics over all will look custom.

Does anybody know someone with a talent to edit NPCs to look glorious? I can do it,but they look bad.I'm hiring Scriptors
and graphic editors.If anyone is interested please post here.
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

As game work continues,we have finally got to the part were we work on trainers and storyline.My cousin and I should get a lot done these next two weeks.I have started work on graphics also.I'm trying to do all three at once.I do have several things to show so I'll try to post them up tommorrow.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Awesome game! Make the screensize smaller .

Also I love what you did with the battle system pictures .
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Thanks!
Here are some more updates.

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

I have made graphical updates to the summary screens and battle system.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
Thanks!
Here are some more updates.

Spoiler:
[

I have made graphical updates to the summary screens and battle system.
You are indeed a good graphics maker. I love the Pokemon Info.
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
This overall looks like it's going to turn out into a pretty good project as far as i can see. your a pretty good custom graphicer but i only see 1 minor flaw with the summary screen. The pokeball at the top left, something just seems a little off in the center gray circle of it. I can't put my finger on it. but other then that it looks great.
I probally be checking on this project as well as some of the others.
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

@Sonic smash down:

Thanks!I get your point,I will update the Pokeball.I am almost finished with the summary system.I just have to get the EGG summary and make a couple of changes to the moves info screen,like the select box(which I still can't find anywhere in the script,but I will sometime.)I also plan on making a new battle menu (eg. Fight,run,bag,Pokemon)
I hope to make this,and the start menu customizable to keep the game more organized for the player.

@Ryousha:Thanks very much!It's people like you that keep me inspired.I only have one person helping me,and that is my cousin,a master map developer,but still,it's hard to make a game with two people.
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Bentley1994
Rocket leader

Looks cool ;D Hope you finish this!
Old July 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Thanks!

With all of the support,how can I give up?
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Pkmn-Master
:U

This is turning out great! The only flaw I see is that some th8ings look a bit too pixelated. And when it's night time or dusk, the colors are too extreme.

But I really like this so far!
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
I think this game may have a good future ahead of it, just get rid of symmetry and the large areas of grass in your maps, i would add more foilage and trainers to the enviroment :D Overall, I'm liking this game.
-PP

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old July 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

@ PokemonPlatnum:
Thanks!A lot of the maps are redone so that the large areas that are open have been closed up a little.I haven't completed the trainers or story yet.

@pkmn-master

Thank you!But what do you mean about the colors?I'm using Kyledove's so they shouldn't be that bright.It might be the other trees in the fourth spoiler.I will take you advice and try to fix the look.
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:34 AM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
Well good luck on this game :D

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Pkmn-Master
:U

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
But what do you mean about the colors?
I meant to try to make the day change more naturally like D/P/Pt.

And nice username by the way!

Last edited by Pkmn-Master; July 24th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Proddit
Je ne comprend pas

Nature: Lonely
Looks quite good. And 9 gyms? That will be good. I love a challange in pokemon i always wish there were more gyms.
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:30 AM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Proddit:Thanks.Speaking of challenge,the levels of the leaders Pokemon will be higher and much harder as well.But don't worry it's not like they are at level 100,and there a plenty of places to train before each gym.

pkmn-master:I'll try!I'm working on graphics now anyway.I will start the storyline soon also.It all comes down to making a beta release.I would make one featuring the first part of the game going to the first gym leader,but i'm having a problem.For some reason that I am unaware of,map connections made by the editor don't work.even though it says they are connected on the .txt and editor,the game dosen't show it.Can anyone help?
P.S.LOL.I tried your username when I signed up,but all the pkmn master username combinations were taken,exept pkmn.master.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been experiencing technical difficulties with my pc and I will purchase a new one this month. I have all data of Pokemon Starfall saved on a flash drive, so as soon as I get my new computer, work will continue. In the meantime, I need some help. I need spriters,so if you can help, post here.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links