The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Hey, I'm Gareth.

I'm the proud owner of Pokemon Reign of Fire, although the last thread was locked due to inactivity :/ Having said that, I have returned and what follows here should in theory be the same, but I'm going to have to wai for my old team to say whether they're willing to retake their positions, if not, I will post the empty spaces in the team. I'm hoping that I can round up the support that I may have lost due to my time away from PC.

Regards, Gareth (Druyii)

Right, down to business. My hack, (Reign of Fire Version) is going to be a hack of Pokemon Ruby/Fire Red, but it won't be Ruby/Fire Red, as I am hoping to make completely new maps, and story and everything.

My thought for the name of the region:-
Pentra

Secondly, town names. I am not overly good at creating names as you may have guessed, so I really need a hand here.

!!!UPDATE!!!

Having said that, I am starting a list of all the area names as I go along. They are as follows (in order you come across them in game)
[Name:description]:-
Island (Un-named): Where the professor lives in solitude with his son/daughter to focus solely on his research.
Newgale Village:The first village, where your journey truly begins. It is a small fishing community, and the only access to the profs island
Route 1:The junction between Newgale and Oakridge
Oakridge Town:A town of wood cutters and sculpters, all building are made of wood, perfect place for the first gym (Grass Type)
Spirit Woods:Where the spirit of the ancient pokemon sare said to reside...
Snowdrift City: After the woods behind Oakridge, you find Snowdrift City, where it always snows, it's like a winter wonderland.
Route 2:The route from the other side of the mountain behind Snowdrift City, that leads to the rest of the region.

Thirdly, my storyline is a bit sketchy, as I have only really got an intro idea to work with.

My Story So Far...

You are on a ship, sailing from your latest adventures in a region (old one, not sure which though). During the voyage, the ship capsises. You wake up on a small beach, in the middle of nowhere, and when you look up, you see a dog standing above you (maybe a poochyena or something). You black out again, and when you wake up, you are in the profs lab (so that now the prof has a better reason for asking your name, other than plain forgetfullness). Your character ends up on an island, with only a small patch of grass to encounter wild pokemon and only the prof and his son/daughter in the lab (depending on your chosen gender) on the island. You get offered first, the element (grass, fire, water), then which starter (element chosen from all games in titanium mix form).

I havn't come up with the way off the island yet, probably a boat to the main land, which is there until you learn surf, but the firest place you come across is a small village called Newgale. This is a small fishing village, with no gym, but it has a pokecentre, and your rivals house,as well as a couple of other houses oned by fishermen and their families. The first time you visit, you meet the pokemart assisstant, who gives you a free potion. The catching tutor is there also, at the entrance to the first route. Your rival will be te same sex as the your character, depending on whom you chose. As you enter route 1, the profs son/daughter chases you to give you a new pokedex (which has some new tools on it (hopefully)).

After root one, at the north of the village, you come across Oakridge, the wooden town by the Spirit Woods that lead to the rest of the pokemon world. There is a pokecentre, pokemart and a gym there. It will be a small town, but not overly small, with lots of free items if you talk to everyone, and explore enough of the area. From there, the only two directions you can go is back to Newgale or forward to Snowdrift City beyond the woods.

The Spirit Woods is where you will first encounter a grunt from the 'evil group' (undecided as to which), and you will find mainly grass and poison types there. As you progress through the game, you will be able to access more areas of the woods. Over the time you play the game, more areas of the forest become scorched, due to an increase in fire, although no-one knows why. The north end of the woods is covered in snow, and you will only find grass/snow pokemon there. At the north of Spirit Woods, you come to Snowdrift City.

Snowdrift City is a picturesque city that is always covered in layers of snow. It looks like a winter wonderland, but you soon learn that it was not always that way. Note that long before, something had changed, and since then, everything started to change. Pokemon started to mutate, and became new hybrids of themselves (see starters for a start). Weather patterns changed all over the region and rumors of a new power is being heard around the town. Due to the change in temperature, the once sunny city is now permanently covered thick heavy snow.

That's as far as I've got, so any ideas/help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Druyii

!!!UPDATE!!!

Any Questions?

Will All Pokemon Be In The Game?
If possible yes. Therefore, you can complete the pokedex in game.

!!!UPDATE!!!

Sprites are coming soon...

!!!UPDATE!!!

MIDIs:-

http://www.midiweb.net/New%5CAt%20Road's%20End.mid (At Road's End)
http://www.midiweb.net/New%5CStarting%20Out.mid (Starting Out)

!!!UPDATE!!!

Maps:-

Coming soon as screenies are currently unavailable...

Rival Teams:-

Bad

Definates:-

Team Magma
Team Rocket
(there will be a new team here also)

Good

Definates:-

Team Aqua
(there will be a new team here also)
Teaser Team Cards:-

!!!UPDATE!!!

Banners:-

!!!UPDATE!!!

Team Members:-

Owner:-

Druyii

Lead Scripter:-
Vrai

Scripters:-
Lostt
machomuu

Lead Mapper:-
Aljam

Mappers:-
eljefe20
ghettowizard223344
austin_pika (under discussion)

Lead Graphic Designer:-
(empty)

Graphic Designers:-
thorn96

Lead Spriter:-
Froslass_Maniac

Spriters:-

chanchimi
Zuzu
WILLBILL2

Ideas:-
Teddiursa

Music Hackers:-
(empty)

Midi Composers:-
Druyii

Beta Testers:-
(empty) Not that we have a Beta now, nor have we decided on having a Beta now, but if we do, we will need Beta testers

I'm waiting for news from the old team as to whether I need to find new members. Keep your eyes here for more news folks.

Druyii

Last edited by Druyii; May 23rd, 2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: New Member!
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Alright! It's back again, now I've regained my job (hopefully).

EDIT: Wait...2 threads? I posted on both, but...

Last edited by machomuu; May 21st, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

machomuu, of course your back on the team, it's god to know that one of the members is happy to be back on the team, I hope the others can return.

Can I just say, for anyone who wants to contact me if I am offline for a while, get an account on twitter, and then search for druyii. Follow me, and send me a message, saying who you are, so that I know then I'll follow you, and I can contact you there more, because it's easier for me to get on twtter than on PC
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
My mapping skills are better now. Ready to map!
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Archon (Aljam) you have every right to be welcomed back into the team, as an old friend and a trusted co-worker. Welcome back. Lets make this more impressive than we first planned I hope that the others come back

On a general note:

Right, an update. I found my notebook, and so here lies my ideas. Please leave thoughts.

Firstly, the opening. As this is a FR hack, you can right this part on those pages at the start of the game, before you actually start playing the game scripters.

"After journeying for over 3 years in the Hoenn region, you decide to return home, to Kanto. You begin your journey home in Slateport City, where you get to travel on the S.S.Anne, the meaning of luxury sea travel.
But the journey takes a dark twist, and a storm begins to rage while you are half the way through your journey, ending in the ship being ripped apart on rocks by the waves, causing it to capsise. You were the only survivor of the incident, and you wake up to find yourself washed up on a small beach, face to face with a poochyena, and it is then you find that you've lost all your pokemon in the shipwreck, and you faint.
When you wake up, you find yourself face to face with a young professor, and this is how your journey begins here. Ahead of you are good times and tough ones, facing many new trainers and challenges as you step into the new world of Pentra, where many fights must be fought to help unciver one of the biggest conspiracies of all time, and you will find many twists and turns along your path, so go forth, and save this dying land.
Druyii and the Reign of Fire Team..."

Secondly, teams. After much thought, here is my plans for the teams:-

Aqua (Water)
Leader - Owzo
Admin - Beth

Magma(Fire)
Leader - Morgan/Morzan (undecided)
Admin - Gale

Dŵran(Water+Titanium)
Leader - Zanga
Admin - Felicity

Furium(Fire+Titanium)
Leader - Derek
Admin - Helios

Rocket(Psychic)
Leader - Giovanni
Admin - Jesse and James

Thirdly, special characters:-

Hero - Drew
Heroin - Grace
Hooded Figure(for important parts of the game) - Vrai
Legend Protector 1 - Legend Protector Darryl
Legend Protector 2 - Legend Protector Cierra (the "Crimson Witch")
Gateway Guardian - (Need name)
Shipwreck Survivor - Aljam

Number 4 is the new key items:-

The Cloner (key items):-
This item allows you to clone any item you have (other than key items). The catch? It takes a certain amount of steps before you can clone an item, and different items require more steps than others. You get given this during the game if you talk to the right people.

The Raft (key items):-
This allows you to float down rappids. You recieve it from the Oakridge Logging House during the stroyline.

Last of all is any organisation in the game:-

The Company (sorry any Heroes fans):-
Provides interesting new items throughout the story.

Gym Leaders, without them, how would you prove your worth in this new world? They are as follows:-

Gym 1:-(need name)
Gym 2:-(need name)
Gym 3:-(need name)
Gym 4:-Flamen (fire gym)
Gym 5:-(need name)
Gym 6:-(need name)
Gym 7:-(need name)
Gym 8:-Josh (ice gym)
Gym Master:- (need name)

!!!!!NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!

Fire Elemental:- Fire Elemental Rudi
Pyrokinetic Sim (Fire Elemental Rudi's son and your best friend)
Water Elemental:-Water Elemental Magroth
Ground Elemental:-Ground Elemental Sabron
Air Elemental:-Air Elemental Arya
Electricity Elemental:-Electricity Elemental Tzarin
Valley Master:- The Valley Master (he's an old wise man that plays a vital part in the development in the storyline)

!!!NOTICE!!!

I will try to scan my sketches of some of the cast for RoF so that you guys can rate them, as I am looking forward to getting the sprites and stuff made for them. I am really happy with my sketches tbh, so I will get them up asap. Keep your eyes peeled folks!

!!!NOTICE!!!

I am also rethinking some of the above text, and so it should change soon. At some point, the info on what occurs in the game will stop being posted here, and will only be available to the team, so that it doesn't spoil it for the rest of you when it's finished

So there you have it, all my latest updates for the game, so any thoughts/queries, post them here, but also, could the scripters write the opening in the game please, and could the spriters please make some new chracters based on those posted above, such as workers from The Company and the Leaders, Admins and Grunts from the new teams. Thanks,

Druyii

Last edited by Druyii; May 23rd, 2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: New and Improved Characters!!!!!
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druyii View Post
machomuu, of course your back on the team, it's god to know that one of the members is happy to be back on the team, I hope the others can return.

Can I just say, for anyone who wants to contact me if I am offline for a while, get an account on twitter, and then search for druyii. Follow me, and send me a message, saying who you are, so that I know then I'll follow you, and I can contact you there more, because it's easier for me to get on twtter than on PC
Tisk Tisk! Capitalize God!!! Anyways, I'm glad to see this back, and I've seen your profile and last time I looked at it it said last sign in March something.. I thought you were gone!

Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Nope, I just had troubles getting onto PC, but I found a way in a couple of days ago

Thanks for the support.

I'm hoping that the rest of the team can return, but at the moment, I've only had Vrai say that he should be returning once he's NOT GROUNDED :@ That's annoying. Guys, if your there, please say whether you want to return on not. Thanks,

Druyii

PS, if not, then I need new members for the team. Keep your eyes peeled folks. Till then.

Right, yet another update. We can count Pikataro back in, but under a new name, like aljam. Ah well, changes in names I can handle

I found my notebook, after loosing it [again] and have been reviewing the whole lot of RoF, no major changes mind, so nobody panic. I'm changing the intro part and a couple of other things. Having said that, one thing that I would like to know is whether anyone is any good at making the intro videos? I want the opening before the game menu to be completely different, but I don't have the skils, and I don't think I know of anyone who does. That is the only vacancy at the moment. Thanks anyway RoF supporters. Hoping to get some in game shots rolling soon to get this thread moved up to the ROM forum

Storyline has been changed though RoF team, if you can remember the original anyways. New characters to be made, but I'm not going to be ale to post my drawings of the Elementals, sorry, but I'll get them up for you guys as soon as.

Druyii

Last edited by Druyii; May 23rd, 2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Well I can somewhat sprite!
If you need help I can only scratch spriter things with limited details...
I can't scratch trainers but I think I'm a pretty darn good recolourer.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
General Bravo
Imperial Commander

Nature: Adamant
As I am busy with my own hack, Azure, I can't help you with music, but I can beta test.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

@WILLBILL2:- Cool I need recolouring for the pokemon in the game to make them look as if they are half titanium. Could you do that?

@pokemonleaguechamp:- I compose the music for the hack, unless you're refering to the postion of music hacker. At the moment there is no beta to test, but I'll let you know when there is. Thanks for the support.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druyii View Post
@WILLBILL2:- Cool I need recolouring for the pokemon in the game to make them look as if they are half titanium. Could you do that?

@pokemonleaguechamp:- I compose the music for the hack, unless you're refering to the postion of music hacker. At the moment there is no beta to test, but I'll let you know when there is. Thanks for the support.
Okay, just tell me which pokemon and what kind of color. Metallic color?

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

If you look in my signature, there is a tyranitar in my personal banner, which is 'infected' by the titanium desease, so use that because it is the knid of feel I was after. Thanks man, and welcome to the team
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Alright first project:
Gardevoir:

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

I like looks ace. As a rule, I would say, have less affected areas, but in this case, I like, alot. Good work. Glad you're part of the team. By the way, if you go on my profile, and look at my groups, there's a RoF group, join it, because all the team discussions go on there
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Okay, I will do that bro!

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Good man, if you want, upload a file of a few once you've got a set sorted, then I can crit them, or you could post them on the group picture area for the RoF team.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Dingoo User

I can Beta Tes and Help Sprite the Titanium ones
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

If you want to help with the titanium sprite, you'd have to talk to WILLBILL2 about what sprites he's not working on at the time that you could do, atm, there's no beta to test, so that post is closed for the time being, although it will be announced once re-opened. Thanks though. Talk to WILLBILL2, he's the titanium spriter atm.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Froslass_Maniac
Take this banana and throw it away!

Nature: Quiet
ITS ALIVE! *cheers* o-o'
can i be spriter again?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Okay, Okay here:
MY worst out of the pack:

My other 2:

and

Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Froslass, you are my lead spriter! Of course you're in, welcome back old friend.

WILLBILL2:- I like the sprites but a few thoughts for each one:-
Mightyena - Has it changed, I can't remember lol.
Golbat - I think that this one would look better if the body was changed instead of the wings.
Torchic - Could you change the beak and the wings too?
Thanks though, I like alot
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Sure thing, I'll get to it soon.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Druyii
The Bringer of Hope

Gdgd, I only just noticed your posts number and join date, you don't half comment alot XD I was just looking at this amazing rom, and I realised that I need to pick up the pace.

Also, Froslass, for sprites, once you've got the time, could you please generate some sprites for the Dwran and Furium grunts (male and female), admin and leaders? Thanks

Last edited by Druyii; May 23rd, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Alright, welcome to the team, Kevin!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
chanchimi
With a Side of Cheddar

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to chanchimi Send a message via Yahoo to chanchimi
Awright! RoF is back in business! Druyii, just let me know if you need me to work on spriting anything.

B L U E
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here