The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:34 PM
FinalZero

Edit:
*** Version 1.34 ***
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.rar

-----

I haven't seen a tool that edits egg moves yet, so I decided to make my own. Please try it out and tell me how it works for you.

Since it seems that some people don't realize what this program does, i'll quote what I said in a post further down the page:
Quote:
The purpose of the program is to edit the egg moves of pokemon. Egg moves are the moves that a pokemon will learn when it hatches from a egg if its father knew the move (excluding those of TMs).

Each line in the listbox that the program shows after you load a rom is an entry in the list of egg moves of that rom. All the moves below a name in the list until the next name are egg moves of that pokemon. The names of moves are indented to the right, while those of pokemon are not.
And of course, please BACK UP YOUR ROM before using this program. I've tested it as much as I can to work out all the bugs, but as any programmer should know, this doesn't always stop one from sneaking in. If you do encounter an error, describe to me the steps you took exactly so I can reproduce the error and then fix it.

Right now it supports all english and french generation 3 games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald), and I'm willing to add support for other languages if the offsets of the Pokemon names, move names, and egg moves are provided to me. Contact me via PM or email for information on how to do so.

Last edited by FinalZero; November 30th, 2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added links to new version, removed links to old versions
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
What versions does this work for?

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
popeymon
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for this. This will come in handy.
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
The readme included (if anyone wants to read it!) Says all English Version Generation 3 games are editable. Apparently.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old May 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marxvile View Post
The readme included (if anyone wants to read it!) Says all English Version Generation 3 games are editable. Apparently.
Ah ok.
I wanted to know before I downloaded...

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
kaka1918
sorry im bad in english

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to kaka1918
I have not understood is that very fact can be programmed
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
FinalZero

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to include such information in the first post. (I've added it now.) It works for english language generation 3 games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald). If one of these versions doesn't work you, you or I may have a bad rom dump, or one with different offsets than normal anyways.

Quote:
I have not understood is that very fact can be programmed
I don't understand what you're trying to say. (You can say it in French if you want.)

Last edited by FinalZero; May 26th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old May 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
kaka1918
sorry im bad in english

Quote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say. (You can say it in French if you want.)
ok je veut vous dire que le programme que vous voulez faire fait quoi
quel est son but
Quote:
ok I want to tell you that the program you want to do does what
what is its purpose
Old May 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
FinalZero

Quote:
ok I want to tell you that the program you want to do does what
what is its purpose
The purpose of the program is to edit the egg moves of pokemon. Egg moves are the moves that a pokemon will learn when it hatches from a egg if its father knew the move (excluding those of TMs).

Each line in the listbox that the program shows after you load a rom is an entry in the list of egg moves of that rom. All the moves below a name in the list until the next name are egg moves of that pokemon. The names of moves are indented to the right, while those of pokemon are not.

Last edited by FinalZero; May 27th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:16 AM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
I'll try this out real soon. It took me a minute to realize what this did but then it hit me. thanks for making this tool.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
FinalZero

Quote:
Thanks for this. This will come in handy.
Quote:
I'll try this out real soon. It took me a minute to realize what this did but then it hit me. thanks for making this tool.
Thank you for the thanks. I decided to make it for a couple reasons really. 1) I couldn't find a tool that already did it. 2) It would be interesting to program. and 3) Egg move editing is an area that probably gets ignored by many people when making hacks due to it's elusive documentation (Seriously, the only source information I could find on them was from Teh Baro's post in the YAPE thread. Information like that should really be stored in the documents and tutorials section imho.) and lack of existing tools, though they would be especially important in a hack that uses fakemon. Making a tool to make editing the moves easier will encourage people to be more creative in the area.

I'm willing to make tools that edit other almost obscure things as well. The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the Vs. Seeker Text. Sure, it's easy to edit with a hex editor, but repointing is never fun done manually. I'm surprised that A-Text doesn't edit it. Any other suggestions of areas that don't have tools yet?

Btw, I've found an error in the current version, I'll make an update fixing it tomorrow. Also, I'm planning/beginning to code the next version right now. It'll support French generation III roms and also have the option of the interface's text being in French. It'll also check to see if there's any duplicate entries in the egg move list, then alert the user so they can use those slots more wisely. Also, I'll try to see if it's possible to repoint the whole list. If it is, then one's list can be pretty much as long as they want. Of course, the program would repoint the list for you then.

Estimated time until completion: at least a week. It depends on how busy I am from day to day really.

Last edited by FinalZero; May 28th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:42 AM
kaka1918
sorry im bad in english

Ok thanks for my question
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
FinalZero

Since I got the French translations faster than I expected, I decided to forgoe the small update to fix the Modify and Insert buttons, and instead add everything else I was planning as well.

Version 1.1.0 : http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.1.0.zip

Things changed in this version:
Quote:
Version 1.1.0 - May 31st, 2009
-------------------------------
- Fixed an error with the modify button and the insert button.
- Added support for all French language generation III games.
- Added a language tab under the options menu to change the language of the interface. English and French interfaces are available.
- Let roms that don't end with .gba able to be opened.
- Egg move lists that are corrupt are now uncorrupted by the program automatically.
- Fixed "Number of Pokemon" and "Number of Moves" labels.
- Added a button that checks for duplicate entries, but it doesn't work properly yet so it's disabled for now.

Last edited by FinalZero; May 31st, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
This is neat. Small, but probably useful in the long run. Good job, and thanks much. ^^
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:14 PM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlus View Post
This is neat. Small, but probably useful in the long run. Good job, and thanks much.
Especially if you want to create entirely new Pokemon.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:50 AM
ville!
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

nice job FINALZERO! is a very interesting tool! =)=)=)=)
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:43 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Nature: Gentle
This will come in handy.... good job... err... man? Woman?
Uhh... heheh =D
(You don't have it posted, so I can't tell!)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:18 AM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
very nice thanks for the tool

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Kazukii
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
This sounds quite cool
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
FinalZero

Quote:
This will come in handy.... good job... err... man? Woman?
Uhh... heheh =D
(You don't have it posted, so I can't tell!)
Male, as is the character in my avatar.

Quote:
very nice thanks for the tool
Thanks. I'll get around to getting an update that has a working duplicator finder soon.

Quote:
This sounds quite cool
Your sig is creepy btw.
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Korronensu
Scrap Punk

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Korronensu Send a message via Yahoo to Korronensu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalZero View Post
Male, as is the character in my avatar.
Erm... well... wow... that's damned effective drag there.

But that's besides the point... I'm having a hell of a time trying to download your program. My dad's goram firewall keeps on blocking it from coming. It's been doing that to me alot lately... does it have a rom file in it? All roms get stopped at the hardware. Pile of *kicks computer* Anyways... PM me if you have the time for troubleshooting that.
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:14 PM
BananasGoMoo
Pokemon Electrum

Send a message via AIM to BananasGoMoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korronensu View Post

But that's besides the point... I'm having a hell of a time trying to download your program. My dad's goram firewall keeps on blocking it from coming. It's been doing that to me alot lately... does it have a rom file in it? All roms get stopped at the hardware. Pile of *kicks computer* Anyways... PM me if you have the time for troubleshooting that.
turn off firewall>download>turn on firewall

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:42 AM
FinalZero

Quote:
The character is Loran Cehack from Turn A Gundam for anyone that's interested btw...

Quote:
It has no rom files included, just the program and 4 .dll files. Besides, I'm not sure how your firewall would detect if something's a rom file or not? I've not heard of Gor(h?)am firewall before, so I'm not sure what advice to give you beyond what BananasGoMoo said.

I do have the time to troubleshoot this stuff with you if you wish; Send me a PM with what you wish me to do to try to help.

Quote:
Thanks. I'll get around to getting an update that has a working duplicator finder soon.
Eh, it looks like I'll have to eat my old words here; Trying to get a button to detect duplicate entries has proved most difficult; I've abandoned it indefinitely. Just don't start adding random entries that you won't be able to keep track of easily into the middle of the list, OK? =p
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:40 AM
exzibit15
Beginning Trainer

can you reupload the eggmove editor??
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:57 AM
FinalZero

Quote:
can you reupload the eggmove editor??
I'm sorry, I was changing around the names of the files I'm storing there, and I forgot to change the links in this thread. I've updated the links so it should work now. Also, if it fails again you can always just go to my main page and download it from there. =p http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/

Last edited by FinalZero; July 31st, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links