The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 24th, 2009 (09:03 AM).
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
Birdybot - Hmm...Unfortunately, not quite what I'm looking for. I will say, though, that in order to be a Pokemon spritist, you'd most likely have to be very proficient with scratches, specifically. What else were you interested in?

Bards Sword - Thanks a ton for the offer, but I've actually got the story and character bits covered...

pokestick - Wow...o.o!
I'm flattered that you think so highly of the game thus far!
Programming...scripting is not really my forte, which is why I'm looking to bring one (or a few) onto the team. I am more than willing to search until I have found scripters both willing and able to produce what I have laid out, so rest assured that I am not simply tossing ideas into the air.

I'm leaning heavily toward using RPG Maker XP. My only real problem with it is that its what everyone else seems to be using as well, but it's still probably what I'll end up going with.

You have my amazing artist and colorist to thank for that. The colorist in particular really brought Aevisk to life, and I'm looking forward to revealing the others!

Cheeze...xD?
I've not heard that expression before, but I'm going to assume it's a good thing...XP

Thanks again!
And, by the by, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina aren't really chaos bringers by themselves. The being that was referred to as such had a combination of all of their powers, and abused them immensely...

Old June 24th, 2009 (07:23 PM).
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

Nature: Jolly
Yeah, I thought you might not accept my sprites, they're not the same style as the originals. I'd be happy to do a whole bunch of other things, though. I could do testing, or develop the trainers or Pokémon ideas, I guess. Or make shinies, or whatever. Just ask, I'll see if I can do it.

Old June 27th, 2009 (09:10 AM).
Tsukiyo

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
Hmm...Well, we're a long ways off as far as needing beta testers goes, but that's certainly something you'd be able to do. I've got the characters and Pokemon pretty much covered, though.

As for shinies...we shall see.

Thanks again for offering to help out!

Old June 27th, 2009 (09:19 PM).
Sheogorath
All hail the Madgod!

Nature: Relaxed
The game looks amazing, but I think you should rename it, as there's already someone working on a game called Pokemon Origin.
Old June 28th, 2009 (12:23 AM).
Tsukiyo

Thank you...
I had no idea that there was another game by the same name (well, sans 's') until after I decided upon 'Origins'. Actually, I tossed around several different possible titles, but the instant that name popped into my head, I knew I wouldn't be able to come up with another that suited it even half as well.

We'll see which ours stands out in people's minds...XP

Old July 11th, 2009 (06:38 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Hey again! How's things goin'?

Old July 24th, 2009 (05:41 AM).
Tsukiyo

Forgive me for the extremely late reply...x.x;;
Progress has slowed down a bit due in part to my concept artist vanishing, and partially due to the fact that I've not been able to fill the other positions as of yet.

Old August 21st, 2009 (04:24 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Well that's sad... I won't be abe to help, but I'll be a happy fan instead! (I'd add the banner if I only found the mysterious way to add more than one pic to the sig )

Old August 22nd, 2009 (06:58 AM).
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Nature: Hasty
Hm. This seems pretty good. Oh yeah, nice story!

Old October 21st, 2009 (11:29 PM).
Tsukiyo

Thank you, AkaneKuro...
Better late than never...right?

On another note, several of the once-filled positions have been reopened, including Pokemon Spritist, Pokemon Concept Artist, and Item Spritist. Due to the lack of help, production has all but completely halted, so please, if anyone has any interest at all in becoming part of this project, let me know!

Old December 13th, 2009 (07:42 PM).
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
yea this sounds and looks great so far. good luck with it!

PS I can make some more userbars if you would like. just PM me if your interested!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 15th, 2010 (10:27 PM).
Tsukiyo

Ack! Please forgive me for the exceedingly late reply; I wouldn't have thought that anyone would find this thread...o.o

Thanks a ton for the luck! Just to let everyone know, the project isn't dead, but it also isn't going anywhere fast without any help...*hinthint**nudgenudge*

In any case, I would most certainly be interested in some userbars. However, at the moment, you wouldn't really have much to work with...>.o;;

Old January 20th, 2010 (08:28 PM).
Tertle
nub@ruby

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Tertle
From the look of things this could be a really awesome game!

If you're going with RPG Maker XP, I'd be very glad to help out with the scripting side of things.
I don't really have any examples of my prowess, as I've only recently started learning Ruby, but it's not too difficult so far. In fact I could probably do a few of those features you mentioned, even at my low level of skill.
Old January 21st, 2010 (09:33 PM). Edited January 21st, 2010 by Tsukiyo.
Tsukiyo

Why, thank you...XP

That'd be fantastic!
Not many people have expressed interest for the scripting postion, sadly...>.o;

Which features did you think you'd be able to help out with?
Also, I'm assuming you have experience with other scripting languages?

Old January 21st, 2010 (10:54 PM).
Tertle
nub@ruby

Well the only ones that could be a real problem are the redesigned gym and fishing system, maybe even the tournament-style Pokemon league (I've an inkling on how this may work, but only time will tell)
I know there are tutorials for a few of the features floating around the web (bookmarked a couple of 'em today, in fact) so things like the "follow me" script and the banking system--which I hadn't a clue on how to implement--should be relatively painless. I can figure out the rest of the features.

I have a tiny bit of experience with C# and that's about it as far as knowing other languages.
Old January 22nd, 2010 (11:45 PM).
Tsukiyo

The "Follow Me" feature will be a whole lot easier to implement now that one of the official games includes something similar. I did not, however, know that there was a script floating around with a banking feature.

You seem pretty confident for someone who doesn't have much experience, but I'm willing to give you a shot...

Old January 25th, 2010 (06:19 PM).
Tertle
nub@ruby

Thanks a lot! I'll get started ASAP.
Old January 26th, 2010 (05:32 AM).
Gigatom~
Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~

Great Game. I really like your Idea with Knocking. XD
Keep it up !

Gigatom~

Check out my deviantArt! :3
Old January 27th, 2010 (01:39 AM).
Tsukiyo

Thanks a lot...

Ah, yes. You've got to admit, the idea of just randomly waltzing into someone's house without even so much as announcing yourself and yet the owners don't pay you the slightest bit of attention is a bit ridiculous.

Old February 12th, 2010 (11:16 AM).
Chipdachimchar
Chimchar Master

Nature: Naive
Hey id happy to be a spriter if you want to see my scratches look at my thread

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 12th, 2010 (10:00 PM). Edited February 13th, 2010 by Masa'il.
Masa'il
Old Pro

Location: A Godforsaken Desert of a Godforsaken Slum, Depending On The Season
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Masa'il Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Masa'il
The name Rebecca is already applied to three different cannon characters, did you know?

Anyway, you did get my notes on deviantART, didn't you? My notes system seems to be glitchier than most, if you didn't I can link you to examples from here.
Old February 13th, 2010 (02:38 PM). Edited February 14th, 2010 by GalacticWarriorX.
GalacticWarriorX
The Traveling Pokemon Artist

By concept artist, did you mean you give me the idea, and I draw it? I'm pretty good, so if the spot's still open, and you like my style, than, I'll be happy to join. I saw how you wanted examples, so to save time, go to<<deviantwatcher1.deviantart.com>>. Minus the arrows of course. Oh, and by concept artist, I meant the Pokemon artist, not the trainer one.

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS...
Old February 15th, 2010 (10:35 PM). Edited February 15th, 2010 by Tsukiyo.
Tsukiyo

chipdachimcha - Thanks a lot for your interest, but your style isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Masa'il - Actually, I did not know that. It is not surprising, though, considering the vast amount of characters that appear in the over 600 episodes of the series...x.x;
Having looked it up, though, I see that Rebecca was a fairly important character in one of the movies. Had she just been a random trainer that appeared in one of the episodes, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. However, as that is not the case, I'll change her name...Not that the player can't change it, anyhow.

Thanks for pointing it out...
Also, what is your username on dA?

GalacticWarriorX
- Yes, that is what I meant, although I'm not adverse to including some of the artist(s) designs as well.
At the moment, though, the Fakemon concept artist position is pretty much set. But, I definitely appreciate the offer!

Old February 16th, 2010 (07:15 AM). Edited February 16th, 2010 by GalacticWarriorX.
GalacticWarriorX
The Traveling Pokemon Artist

Oh, well, that's okay!

That's okay. Well, good luck with the project!

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS...
Old February 16th, 2010 (05:00 PM). Edited February 16th, 2010 by Tsukiyo.
Tsukiyo

Thanks for the luck!
I need it, apparently...x.x;;

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links