The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Chipdachimchar
Chimchar Master

Nature: Naive
meh doesnt matter but i was wondering if you know anyone who can help me make black amethyst

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
GalacticWarriorX
The Traveling Pokemon Artist

Nature: Relaxed
@ chipdachimcha: depends, what do you need help on, I can be a concept artist for Pokemon, and I'm SORTOF good with people-drawing...

EDIT: I realize this is kinda spamming the thread. So chipdachimcha, reply back with a personal message.

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS...

Last edited by GalacticWarriorX; February 20th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:25 PM
tnguye3
Very, very, very lazy spriter.

After reading the story, I'd love to join and help out! I'm pretty good at drawing, so I could help with Pokemon concept design.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
Would you mind showing me some examples...?

EDIT: Oh, actually, I just saw that you'd uploaded some to your album on here. I wish the images were a bit larger, but I quite like your designs nonetheless. It'd be great to have you on the team!

Last edited by Tsukiyo; April 16th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old April 16th, 2010, 02:43 PM
tnguye3

Well, I tried to post some designs earlier, however I needed 15 posts if I was to post URLs etc.
Anyways, I uploaded a couple Pokemon designs in my album, but it automatically gets resized, anyways, now I have 15 posts so here's a couple I recently drew. Hope ya like them!

Name: Glacian/Leviathan (I'm not really good at making names)

Type: Water/Ice

Name: Chaotrax (The Bringer of Chaos!!! xD)
Type: Steel/Dark

Name: Arelleus (Controller of Fate!! )
Type: Steel/Electric

Here there are a couple on one paper (sorry for the lined paper, I drew this at school during class):

The grass types:
Leafzard(Grass)---[Evolves]--->Razoraus(Grass)---[Evolves]-->Arbocaelum(Grass/Dragon)

The Water types:
Nessi(Water)---[Evolves]--->Lochness(Water/Ice)---[Evolves]--->Leviathan(Water/Ice)

Well, I hope you like the designs!
Anyways, yeah, I'd like to be in the team as a Pokemon Concept Art designer! :D

Last edited by tnguye3; April 16th, 2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to post the last image
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:27 AM
Tsukiyo

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
Just wanted to let you guys know that this project is NOT dead! I did have to put it on hold for a while due to that pesky little thing some like to call 'real life', but now we're back in action!

...Well, as much as we could be, considering that I've still yet to put a complete team together.

Which means, of course, that we are RECRUITING!
If anyone is interested, post or feel free to PM me. Be sure to include examples of your work!

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

I like this idea; Im a pretty good artist and spriter,
heres some of my work:

PM me!

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM
Tsukiyo

Do you happen to have anymore concept art examples?

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
tnguye3

Oh, the project's back, count me in!
I'd like to still be the designer.
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:49 AM
Tsukiyo

Oh, I wasn't sure if you'd still be interested.
Glad to have you on the team...

I'll PM you.

Old August 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Nature: Lax
This sounds interesting (The main male character even has the same name as me). Well if I'm not too busy with spriting for Pokemon Malachite I guess I can help out with trainers and pokemon's backsprites.
Here's some of my work from Malachite.

Original/My Rendition
-------------------------------------------------------------

My Rendition/ Original

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Front Sprites aren't mine]

Last edited by NovaStar; August 21st, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

Old August 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Tsukiyo

tomatoman and NovaStar - Thank you both very much for offering to help out, but I'm not sure that your work is quite what I'm looking for.

Last edited by Tsukiyo; August 21st, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Nature: Lax
Alright it's all good, I'll still keep up with the production and all that. Good luck with the game.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Tsukiyo

Thanks a ton for the luck!

Old February 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Tsukiyo

As I'm sure you guys can probably tell, I've hit a lot of roadblocks with this game. I'm starting to assume that there's some sort of loop I'm obviously not a part of, else the other teams have a secret that their not too keen on sharing.
(It's a conspiracy, I swear! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!)

But! That does not mean that I won't come up with my own solution. I'm having great difficulty putting a reliable team together, but I AM still looking. I have high hopes for this project, and therefor no intention of letting it vanish into oblivion without even so much as a working demo.

I WILL keep working at this until Origins has earned itself a spot in The Showcase. In the meantime, though, I am recruiting once again.

Old February 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
I think your biggest problem is that you're taking on too much at once, while at the same time relying on other people to pick up your slack! I really love your concept and your ideas for this game, but as the developer, you have got to take responsibility for the majority of what goes on. That means especially coding! Projects without a coder tend to flounder and then die, so I highly recommend you learn a bit of RGSS yourself and then ask more expert coders for help with your more advanced scripts.

As for fakemon, you've got a pretty good concept artist here, looks like! You're short a spriter, though, which might be the most important thing for a fangame. Look all over, and be willing to look a bit lower and more obscure; many people have talents that are waiting to be discovered. Ask around, especially on Deviantart. And correspond frequently with all of your team members (using instant messenger to communicate is better than PM/VM/thread posts, trust me).

Really, what it takes is dedication, direction, and inspiration! You seem pretty inspired and dedicated, so it's up to you to take it where it needs to go.
Old February 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Tsukiyo

At present, I'm more focused on the 'skeleton' of the project. That is to say that I am actively searching for concept artists and spritists rather than directing the majority of my attention at locating a scripter. My programming knowledge is minimal at best, and only in the Python language. While it certainly wouldn't hurt to learn a bit of coding myself, I will undoubtedly have to bring someone on board for the more difficult scripts, as you mentioned. However, I am not focused primarily on that just yet because I figure it'll much more likely to attract the attention of a skilled and dedicated programmer if they've already got something to work with.

Perhaps, though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least start setting up the basic structure of the game, adding in the sprites/tiles/etc. as they become available.

The concept artist responsible for the drawing in my signature, which is what I assume you're referring to, quit due to lack of time after just a few sketches. The colorist, however, is still around, so that's certainly a plus.

DeviantART is where I do the majority of my recruiting, and I always request an IMer for contact. However, I plan on setting up a private forum so that all of the team members can discuss the project together, rather than me being the only link between them.

In any case, I certainly appreciate the advice, and I'm glad the concept appeals to you!

On another note, the trainer sprite in your signature is fantastic. Did you create it?

Old February 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
slayring
Beginning Trainer

This is nice. I just got one question, Controller of Fate, what is it? And I'll be happy to help you!
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Tsukiyo

Hmm...I'm not entirely sure I understand the question.
Also, in what way would you like to help?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links