The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 18th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Mr.Silver
Say Hello To Nurse Barbra

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mr.Silver

Advertise here
This hack has helped me with my hack.Good job.

Old August 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
I am having an issue - I saved the palette from VBA, but can't import it into Tile Molester. .pal isn't in the compatible formats list, and naturally, using a different format wouldn't work.

Any help here? I'm using a wrong version, maybe?
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
DawnRyder
I cannot believe I'm back -.-

Yup, wrong version. Get TileMolester Alternate.

Download here:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/%5B5...0Alternate.zip

Sorry guys, but I'm leaving Pokécommunity. I just don't have time for it. As of right now you will no longer be able to contact me.
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
x_my_arsenel
Beginning Trainer

I can seem to import my tileset, however when I try to import my tilemap I don't get a message telling me it's moved and in-game it uses the old tilemap. I've tried heaps of different offsets and both 4bpp and 8bpp mode settings on NTME.

I've thought about using another tile map editor but I get the feeling it won't make a difference. Can anyone help?
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
DawnRyder
I cannot believe I'm back -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_my_arsenel View Post
I can seem to import my tileset, however when I try to import my tilemap I don't get a message telling me it's moved and in-game it uses the old tilemap. I've tried heaps of different offsets and both 4bpp and 8bpp mode settings on NTME.

I've thought about using another tile map editor but I get the feeling it won't make a difference. Can anyone help?
Get PTC (Professional TileMap Creator).
It's probably in the Tools Thread.

Sorry guys, but I'm leaving Pokécommunity. I just don't have time for it. As of right now you will no longer be able to contact me.
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
x_my_arsenel
Beginning Trainer

still no luck. I used PTC and the same thing happened. It didn't give me a ptr changed message when I wrote it to the ROM and still used the old tilemap in-game.
any other ideas?

Also I found out the if I import the tilemap first then it'll give me a ptr changed message but it won't for the tileset and neither the tileset or tilemap are used if it's done like that

Last edited by x_my_arsenel; August 20th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:18 AM
DarkMew1337
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_27 View Post
Hmm It's a very good tutorial but I need some help.
I have this map but I haven't the tilesets which goes with.
The map but no tileset of the map so I can't insert.
ps: It's for a Ruby hack.
what the~
Are you from switzerland?
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:41 AM
SiegHart
Guardian of Time

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to SiegHart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SiegHart
hmmm so how far off would this tutorial be from working on a fire red rom, this is one of the better tuts ive seen for changing the map but, its not for fr/lg =[

Spoiler:

Warm my eggs please and ill return the favor
and of course friends are great to have so add me plzz

Click here to feed me a DigiTreat!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Old August 25th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegHart View Post
hmmm so how far off would this tutorial be from working on a fire red rom, this is one of the better tuts ive seen for changing the map but, its not for fr/lg =[
Well, it's perfectly fine for use with FR/LG, only should you use different unLZ numbers, and set both TileMolester and NTME to 4BPP mode. (In TileMolester, use 4BPP Linear.) The rest is quite the same for all GBA games. However, I don't know which unLZ numbers you should use for FR/LG. But there's a thread in the Documents and Tutorials section. This one. (According to the thread, it's 191 for the tileset in FR, so that would make it 192 for the tilemap.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtahu View Post
I followed the tutorial and for some reason now the map just shows up as a black screen. Can anyone help me out?
A black screen? You mean, when you see the worldmap in-game (through Fly, Pokénav or on the wall in the PC), you get a completely black screen? Can you get back from the screen to regular gameplay? And does everything else still work?
Quote:
still no luck. I used PTC and the same thing happened. It didn't give me a ptr changed message when I wrote it to the ROM and still used the old tilemap in-game.
any other ideas?

Also I found out the if I import the tilemap first then it'll give me a ptr changed message but it won't for the tileset and neither the tileset or tilemap are used if it's done like that
Well, I don't know what the problem might be, since that never happened to me, but what you could try, is to first import and repoint the tileset, then import the tilemap, BUT DON'T REPOINT. Just keep it at the offset where it was. In other words, don't change the Image Offset, and also don't check "Automatically Change Pointers". That could help, I guess.
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
x_my_arsenel
Beginning Trainer

I managed to get it working! It was because I used a 256x64 resolution for my tileset but when I switched to 128x128 it worked perfectly! So the tilemap was loading the wrong tiles with the 256x64 tileset.
thanks for the amazing tutorial!:D
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:28 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
I did it all and I didn't seem to have any problem !
]Thank You!

Old August 26th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
I managed to get it working! It was because I used a 256x64 resolution for my tileset but when I switched to 128x128 it worked perfectly! So the tilemap was loading the wrong tiles with the 256x64 tileset.
thanks for the amazing tutorial!:D
Well, I'm glad you managed to get it working by yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool View Post
I did it all and I didn't seem to have any problem !
]Thank You!
You're welcome!
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:28 PM
SiegHart
Guardian of Time

Send a message via AIM to SiegHart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SiegHart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post
Well, it's perfectly fine for use with FR/LG, only should you use different unLZ numbers, and set both TileMolester and NTME to 4BPP mode. (In TileMolester, use 4BPP Linear.) The rest is quite the same for all GBA games. However, I don't know which unLZ numbers you should use for FR/LG. But there's a thread in the Documents and Tutorials section. This one. (According to the thread, it's 191 for the tileset in FR, so that would make it 192 for the tilemap.)
okay thanks ima try this now then =D

Spoiler:

Old September 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Aisu K.
SHOWMEYAMOVES

Nature: Adamant
Alright, I'm pretty sure I followed your tutorial to a T. However...

This is what I wanted...

Aaaaand this is what I got...

Any idea what I messed up on? (Ruby ROM, btw.)

Last edited by Aisu K.; September 6th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisu K. View Post
Alright, I'm pretty sure I followed your tutorial to a T. However...

This is what I wanted...

Aaaaand this is what I got...

Any idea what I messed up on? (Ruby ROM, btw.)
Hmm, yeah. Easy one. NTME has to be in 8BPP mode. Though, now that I checked the first post, I see it's not in there. It's really important that you do that, so I'll edit the first post.
(But if you checked the images, you could see that I had NTME set to 8BPP mode.)
Old September 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM
SiegHart
Guardian of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post

omg after soo many tutorials i came back to yours just cuz i remembered you saying i could find a way to apply this to FR roms, and well your my new best friend, i realized the difference in your tutorial and every other tutorial i looked at was in your tutorial you go to a different number in unlz for the tilemap, but in other tutorials ppl were just loading the raw on the same number they loaded the tileset... i went exploring in the numbers after and i found what i thought was the tilemap possibly so i changed it as you said, then hex edited so it would link to my tilemap and sure enough it fixed it :D, now my only problem is the color is messed up and i dont know how im gonna fix that.... any ideas?

Spoiler:

Old September 12th, 2009, 12:58 AM
OM3GA Umbr30n
Was Mazot2

This helped me quit abit.
To SiegHart did u import the pallete?

Flareon's are Red,
Vaporeon's Blue,
Espeon is my concious,
Umbreon is my life-style

~Umbreon
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
SiegHart
Guardian of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazot2 View Post
This helped me quit abit.
To SiegHart did u import the pallete?
i think i may have forgotten to do that o.o, but isnt it risky doing that?

Spoiler:

Old September 12th, 2009, 10:34 AM
OM3GA Umbr30n
Was Mazot2

i dunno T_T
Just trying to help :D

EDIT:
Did u remember to use the Worldmap.pal in Tilemolestor?
If yes try not using it

Flareon's are Red,
Vaporeon's Blue,
Espeon is my concious,
Umbreon is my life-style

~Umbreon

Last edited by OM3GA Umbr30n; September 12th, 2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: read the tut over
Old September 13th, 2009, 02:11 AM
OM3GA Umbr30n
Was Mazot2

sad to hear it T_T
did u remember to import the pallete in tilemolestor?
im trying to help people :D

Flareon's are Red,
Vaporeon's Blue,
Espeon is my concious,
Umbreon is my life-style

~Umbreon
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Zero Karma Loss
Beginning Trainer

I've followed the tutorial twice and both times my world map has been glitched to hell and back. I think it may have to do with NTME utterly ruining the tilemap every time I've loaded it after saving- it looks like what happened to Aisu K's map, only vertical rather than horizontal. My tileset is 128 x 128 if it helps, and this is what the final result was in-game i34 dot tinypic dot c o m/wkhjrp.p n g (please excuse the broken info, I can't post a straight link yet)

Any idea what went wrong?
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Karma Loss View Post
I've followed the tutorial twice and both times my world map has been glitched to hell and back. I think it may have to do with NTME utterly ruining the tilemap every time I've loaded it after saving- it looks like what happened to Aisu K's map, only vertical rather than horizontal. My tileset is 128 x 128 if it helps, and this is what the final result was in-game i34 dot tinypic dot c o m/wkhjrp.p n g (please excuse the broken info, I can't post a straight link yet)

Any idea what went wrong?
Hehe, good one. I can't say I know what went wrong just like that. Could you show me a screenshot from the tileset + tilemap as they are in NTME? If you say NTME might have caused it, it would help if I could see what you did with it.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Zero Karma Loss
Beginning Trainer

Yeah I know, haha. I realized a couple of things over the last hour: I wasn't setting TMA to 8bpp linear after all, but the other 8bpp above it. That helped with the color once loaded, and the other thing I've noted is that at 8bpp NTME glitches, but at 4bpp NTME loads it just fine at 32x20.

Screencaps:
i36 dot tinypic dot c o m/14cur05.png
i38 dot tinypic dot c o m/24g2dlx.png
i34 dot tinypic dot c o m/2zsba77.png

Sorry for the size. Is it the way I've got the tileset set out maybe?
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Hmm... If NTME loads the tilemap in 4BPP as it should when in 8BPP, then the conclusion I draw from that, is that you might have accidentally created the tilemap in 4BPP. Or, you might have given the tilemap the wrong dimensions. You might want to try loading the tileset, switch to 8BPP mode, and start making the tilemap again from scratch, after having set the "Preset Size" in the bottom right corner of the NTME window to "R/S WM".
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:51 AM
"Уровень - скрипт"
Идти! Пограничный мозги!

Nature: Docile
Wow! Let me try this one out...

Не то потрепанный, да?
Не обращайте внимания на Мяу!
То есть мне! Я Мяу!
Hahahahaha!

Spoiler:

Один из моих любимых цитат:
Г-н Бронежилет: Ох, и г-н Ларкин, возможно, вы захотите поделиться с
Остальная часть класса, бессмертна последние Патрик Генри слов.

Ссылка Ларкин: Поцелуй меня в жопу?
Человек! Я люблю это!
Она никогда не стареет!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here