The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 9th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Raygice
Beginning Trainer

Hi im having LOADS of trouble with NTME i am using the same size pic as Larsie but it says it is 'too big or too small' I am also using sphere to make the tilemap like in the video in the tutorial. And sometimes when i manage to turn the png images to raw it come up but says 'couldn't guess the tilemap's size' and when i press okay this happens (see attachment).
Attached Images
File Type: png hlp.png‎ (80.3 KB, 56 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Gershel
Beginning Trainer

How do I change the palette of the world map in ruby? What is the offset of the palette to change it?

Sorry, I'm Spanish and I do not express well in English.
Thank you.
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Ready4failure
my friends and i on youtube...

Nature: Lonely
Actually, i've been wondering the same thing as Gershel for goodness knows how long (although for my fire red...) . my searching skills suck tho, and i cant find it. so yeah, anyone able to help?

Last edited by Ready4failure; May 15th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Johto_legend
Smoochum

so if we use different colors, im using the hgss colors, do we need that worldmap.pal? how would i get the colors right?

Hacking Innovation - Recruiting! Experienced Fakemon Spriters Needed!!!
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Nature: Modest
For people who want to edit the palette of the worldmap, use APE (Advanced Palette Editor), by HackMew. The offset is 0x59F75C in Emerald, 0x3E5D80 in Ruby, and 0x3E5DD8 in Sapphire. It's better to first change the palette with APE, and recolor your worldmap with the exact same colors afterwards, and then insert it. However, you will need to re-save the worldmap.pal of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoman1287 View Post
Alright. When I wrote over the rom, I now saw the two messages each time. Only problem is the game can't run anymore. VBA is popping up with with an error saying it can't read the image. I'm assuming I wrote over the wrong image or something. I can't really tell what the world map image is supposed to look like. I jumped to 245 (I am using Emerald) and shifted up and down about 20 but nothing looks remotely like the worldmap or bearing any hint to one. Can you screenshot what sort of image I'm supposed to look for?

Edit: Now it's inserted but the colors are off. The colors should be like your map's colors. i196 (dot) photobucket (dot) com/albums/aa58/darkpidgeot/mapdiscolor (dot) png
That might be caused by your map using slightly different colors than the palette has. You might want to try reinserting it after having checked to see if the colors matched. Because they need to match exactly. You could do that with a combination of APE's RGB/GBA converter and a program like Paint, that allows you to view a pixel's color. (Irfanview is better, though, because it lets you view an indexed image's palette.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raygice View Post
Hi im having LOADS of trouble with NTME i am using the same size pic as Larsie but it says it is 'too big or too small' I am also using sphere to make the tilemap like in the video in the tutorial. And sometimes when i manage to turn the png images to raw it come up but says 'couldn't guess the tilemap's size' and when i press okay this happens (see attachment).
Hmm, never seen that before. Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that problem.
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Johto_legend
Smoochum

wouldnt it be easier to use a .pal of my worldmap and import it using APE? and is the offset for ruby right? its giving me yellows and reds, not blues and greens... help plz

Hacking Innovation - Recruiting! Experienced Fakemon Spriters Needed!!!
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Shiny Quagsire
Being a Wizard

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johto_legend View Post
wouldnt it be easier to use a .pal of my worldmap and import it using APE? and is the offset for ruby right? its giving me yellows and reds, not blues and greens... help plz
Make sure you ticked the LZ77 Compressed box.

Old May 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
EeveeRocks
Master of Eevees

Nature: Gentle
I can't seem to find the worldmap or tileset in unZL. I checked the numbers. I am using ruby. I just can't find it.
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeveeRocks View Post
I can't seem to find the worldmap or tileset in unZL. I checked the numbers. I am using ruby. I just can't find it.
There could be a couple of reasons for that.
  1. You are looking in 16-color mode. In that case, the image looks like this:
    Spoiler:
    Just switch to 256-color mode.
  2. You hacked some images before, and repointed them. In that case, it won't be around 136. You just need to look for it by offset. The offset in Ruby is 03E5DA0.
  3. You're using a different dump than I am. As with number 2, you should search by offset. (03E5DA0.)
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Mr. Banana Peel
beginnig hacker (needs help)

Nature: Impish
help i dont know how to get tile molester or use it please help
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Have you tried Google? Just Google "Tile Molester", and the link should be right at the top.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Mr. Banana Peel
beginnig hacker (needs help)

Nature: Impish
well i found something on zophars utilities but you need java and i cant get java to download java please help
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:11 PM
bigboi
Hacker of the 3rd Generation

Nature: Bold
does somebody know where to download tilemolestor? I can't find it
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:45 AM
benpv
Beginning Trainer

Hey, im having some trouble with writing my tilemap to the rom. when i load the .raw for my tileset and write it to the rom, it gives me the "ptr found at 000FA990. Changed." with is the message im supposed to get. But when i try to load the.raw of my tilemap and write it to the rom with the correct offset and everything, i dont get that message. I followed every step exactly and tried a bunch of different offsets for my tilemap but it just wont write to the rom propperly.
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Banana Peel View Post
well i found something on zophars utilities but you need java and i cant get java to download java please help
See my PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi View Post
does somebody know where to download tilemolestor? I can't find it
See the post above you. Zophar's Utilities. Google "TileMolester", and it's the first link in the search results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpv View Post
Hey, im having some trouble with writing my tilemap to the rom. when i load the .raw for my tileset and write it to the rom, it gives me the "ptr found at 000FA990. Changed." with is the message im supposed to get. But when i try to load the.raw of my tilemap and write it to the rom with the correct offset and everything, i dont get that message. I followed every step exactly and tried a bunch of different offsets for my tilemap but it just wont write to the rom propperly.
I dunno. It could happen if you already repointed the tilemap before, but other than that, I wouldn't know. Sorry.
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
jackjt8
Beginning Trainer

yes but how do you make the world map?
Old July 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM
ERROR

i think maybe by re arranging the tiles how you want them :O
sounds kinda difficult lol
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Leroi
Beginning Trainer

I need some help!
When I add my picture map in Tilemolester, it just take a part of it (I've attached the file).
How can I do?
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png sanstitre.png‎ (92.4 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 3rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
tommyze
Beginning Trainer

Hi i'm quite new to this now i've made my own tile set and used the tiles from the actuall game (2 seperate) and when I come to viewing the map it always has funny shapes or random tiles that i didn't put in i followed every instruction and of course i have ack up roms pls can u reply or make a video for this?
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
jackjt8
Beginning Trainer

this is why i dont see the need for a tool for this.... i mean one tool....
because this map don't work.... even by following the tutorial....

(and now the image button is not working)
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/region1.png/

oh i'm using ruby, and i'm NOT geting more crap on my computer so can you help?
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Sylent
Beginning Trainer

What are you supposed to use to draw up the map in the first place?
I would have thought something like PTC or NTME, but PTC is zoomed in way too much to see an overall view as a preview, and I can't find a way to do Fill the entire tile...map with one colour as a background, which takes ages to do manually.
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Flubber
Beginning Trainer

-Removed-

Woops, nevermind my previous question. Seems I set up NTME to use 4bpp instead of 8.

I now have a different problem though, my NTME crashes when I try to load the Sphere file. Any way I can make a .RAW from just the map file?

Last edited by Flubber; January 11th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
jonicito

Nature: Adamant
The offset with 0xdf0000, when I tried to put it in ruby, some pokemon in wild, pokedex, or attack moves either reset or freezes. The map is now in the pokemon index in unlz-gba. Is there a way to make the map switch offsets again?
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
PaulGR
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
I always had problems with graphics.. As hard i tried i allways dor it wrong....
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:48 AM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Nature: Relaxed
What did you use to draw your map? Also what size is your map cuz I was using paint before and I screwed up because it was way to big.

Nevermind, I just need to figure out how to put the routes and towns on the map.

Last edited by FACEcake1223; July 14th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links