The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2651    
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:06 AM
psyciceman's Avatar
psyciceman
Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
First of all this is an amazing hack met and very professional looking.
Second of all I'm doing an LP if anyone is interested in watching (and if you're fine with it met) which is embedded below.
__________________
Feel free to check out my LPs (amongst other projects) here.
Reply With Quote
  #2652    
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:37 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD013 View Post
Honestly thanks so much for putting so much work into the hack. It is great to see someone actually doing what they said they would. Too many unfinished hacks have left me with despair, but this hack has made my year. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Comments like this keep me motivated to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyciceman View Post
First of all this is an amazing hack met and very professional looking.
Second of all I'm doing an LP if anyone is interested in watching (and if you're fine with it met) which is embedded below.
No problem. I always check out youtube from time to time to see if any new walkthroughs are being posted. Good luck with yours. I'll keep my eye on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2653    
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Just defeated Misty, and I'm really enjoying the game. (:
Reply With Quote
  #2654    
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Got my head kicked in by AJ and his steroid abusing Sandshrew, I messed up on that event, thought I was ment to lose against him, and rebattle him, but it wouldn't let me rebattle him. D:
Reply With Quote
  #2655    
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeTG View Post
Got my head kicked in by AJ and his steroid abusing Sandshrew, I messed up on that event, thought I was ment to lose against him, and rebattle him, but it wouldn't let me rebattle him. D:
You didn't really mess it up. Either way is fine, but losing is more accurate to the anime. You wouldn't get anything out of it but experience if you won.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2656    
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
riddle775775's Avatar
riddle775775
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Owenton KY
Gender: Male
downloaded this a long time ago.. well just now checking up on it and youve made great progress. I like how youve updated some of the events
Reply With Quote
  #2657    
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Gawerty's Avatar
Gawerty
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Land of Chaos
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Hey meta how close are you to realeasing a new beta?
__________________
"You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, Gawerty?"
Indeed I did, you smart forums you!
Reply With Quote
  #2658    
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
^ Right now

AshGray Beta 3.6

AshGray Beta 3.6.1

This patch does not have any additional events. It does include new tiles and tile animations, a few new/updated scripts and routines, and some fixed glitches.

Some of the new features are:
- Animated windmill in Pallet Town, as well as various other animations
- New grass tiles
- Disobedient Pokemon now obey you more often
- Ability to phone your mom after each Gym Badge is earned
- Some re-worked maps
- Lateral stairs now use warps to give the perception of actually going up/downstairs
- Hopefully Indigo League and Pallet Party Panic work appropriately no matter when you lose or how far you go. However, be aware that if you've already finished participating in the league, the glitch won't be fixed. You would need a save point before you lost and ended your participation in the league.

As always, please let me know of any bugs and glitches you find. Thanks!

I may not be working on the game for a while after this, except to fix bugs, so please don't ask me about future releases right now, unless there's some major glitch that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, I need to take a break from the game for now.
__________________

Last edited by metapod23; September 16th, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2659    
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
There's a bug which doesn't let you leave Bill's Lighthouse, unless I can't figure out how to activate the Dragonite to come. S:
Reply With Quote
  #2660    
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
LegendOrton's Avatar
LegendOrton
Fire Expert!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Wow, The updates are really cool, the game is fantastic, it is the best hack ive ever played!
__________________


POKEMON ASH GRAY

Reply With Quote
  #2661    
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Dragonphantom's Avatar
Dragonphantom
Professional Stalker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
How do I start the Lights, Camera, Quack-tion event? I've checked around and can't find how to start it. I just finished Gloom event. Also, I can't use my raft anymore, is that normal?
__________________

FC: Hikari 0903 8873 3010
Reply With Quote
  #2662    
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonphantom View Post
How do I start the Lights, Camera, Quack-tion event? I've checked around and can't find how to start it.
It has been answered too many times =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonphantom View Post
Also, I can't use my raft anymore, is that normal?
Yep that's the way it's meant to be =)


Anyways Meta, you did oustanding job in completing Kanto and you really deserve the rest, rest well and be back even better than ever =D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
Reply With Quote
  #2663    
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
TD013's Avatar
TD013
8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
[QUOTE=metapod23;6846299]Thanks! Comments like this keep me motivated to continue.

That's great to hear. Can't wait to play the game when the orange islands if finished. It's gonna be impossible for hacks to compete.
Reply With Quote
  #2664    
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Sooyun's Avatar
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:






*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.



Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.
__________________
X FC: 4484-9012-9702

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Reply With Quote
  #2665    
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Dragonphantom's Avatar
Dragonphantom
Professional Stalker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It has been answered too many times =D


Yep that's the way it's meant to be =)


I know, what I mean is I can't find Wigglytuff. I have the needed upgrades to activate it, but can't find Wiggly anywhere.
__________________

FC: Hikari 0903 8873 3010
Reply With Quote
  #2666    
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:






*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.



Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.
Thank you for the bug report. I've fixed the Misty glitch and the Viridian Forest movement permissions error:

AshGray Beta 3.6.1
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2667    
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:00 AM
acdc00420
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????
Reply With Quote
  #2668    
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:13 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc00420 View Post
hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????
I just uploaded an updated beta 22 minutes before you posted this that fixes that giltch. :/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2669    
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
uran10
 
Join Date: May 2011
Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?
Reply With Quote
  #2670    
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?
Don't patch it to beta, only patch it to a clean FireRed rom. Just keep your previous save file, or your previous save state files. They should be in the folder where you currently have your rom stored.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2671    
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM
jamieruby111's Avatar
jamieruby111
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Great additions Meta looks even better :D
Reply With Quote
  #2672    
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
torn00
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Heck I played metapod but does not want me to play revival. I have one affair or in the future you could add to this great land that johto game always seemed to me that the land of Kanto and Johto are connected? Sorry for my english
Reply With Quote
  #2673    
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
uran10
 
Join Date: May 2011
Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.
Reply With Quote
  #2674    
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.
Just tested it. If the Pokemon is Leech Seeded and you attack it and bring it down to 0 HP, it faints right away. Seems to be working properly for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2675    
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Meduza's Avatar
Meduza
Majestic Dawn
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Female
Metapod, do you plan on doing the Orange Islands saga or are you ending it at Pallet Party Panic?
__________________


Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.