The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:06 AM
psyciceman
Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho

First of all this is an amazing hack met and very professional looking.
Second of all I'm doing an LP if anyone is interested in watching (and if you're fine with it met) which is embedded below.
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:37 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD013 View Post
Honestly thanks so much for putting so much work into the hack. It is great to see someone actually doing what they said they would. Too many unfinished hacks have left me with despair, but this hack has made my year. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Comments like this keep me motivated to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyciceman View Post
First of all this is an amazing hack met and very professional looking.
Second of all I'm doing an LP if anyone is interested in watching (and if you're fine with it met) which is embedded below.
No problem. I always check out youtube from time to time to see if any new walkthroughs are being posted. Good luck with yours. I'll keep my eye on it.
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer

Just defeated Misty, and I'm really enjoying the game. (:
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer

Got my head kicked in by AJ and his steroid abusing Sandshrew, I messed up on that event, thought I was ment to lose against him, and rebattle him, but it wouldn't let me rebattle him. D:
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeTG View Post
Got my head kicked in by AJ and his steroid abusing Sandshrew, I messed up on that event, thought I was ment to lose against him, and rebattle him, but it wouldn't let me rebattle him. D:
You didn't really mess it up. Either way is fine, but losing is more accurate to the anime. You wouldn't get anything out of it but experience if you won.
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
riddle775775
Beginning Trainer

downloaded this a long time ago.. well just now checking up on it and youve made great progress. I like how youve updated some of the events
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Hey meta how close are you to realeasing a new beta?
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

^ Right now

AshGray Beta 3.6

AshGray Beta 3.6.1

This patch does not have any additional events. It does include new tiles and tile animations, a few new/updated scripts and routines, and some fixed glitches.

Some of the new features are:
- Animated windmill in Pallet Town, as well as various other animations
- New grass tiles
- Disobedient Pokemon now obey you more often
- Ability to phone your mom after each Gym Badge is earned
- Some re-worked maps
- Lateral stairs now use warps to give the perception of actually going up/downstairs
- Hopefully Indigo League and Pallet Party Panic work appropriately no matter when you lose or how far you go. However, be aware that if you've already finished participating in the league, the glitch won't be fixed. You would need a save point before you lost and ended your participation in the league.

As always, please let me know of any bugs and glitches you find. Thanks!

I may not be working on the game for a while after this, except to fix bugs, so please don't ask me about future releases right now, unless there's some major glitch that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, I need to take a break from the game for now.

Last edited by metapod23; September 16th, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
ZekeTG
Beginning Trainer

There's a bug which doesn't let you leave Bill's Lighthouse, unless I can't figure out how to activate the Dragonite to come. S:
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
LegendOrton
Fire Expert!

Wow, The updates are really cool, the game is fantastic, it is the best hack ive ever played!

POKEMON ASH GRAY

Old September 15th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Dragonphantom
Professional Stalker

Nature: Calm
How do I start the Lights, Camera, Quack-tion event? I've checked around and can't find how to start it. I just finished Gloom event. Also, I can't use my raft anymore, is that normal?

FC: Hikari 0903 8873 3010
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonphantom View Post
How do I start the Lights, Camera, Quack-tion event? I've checked around and can't find how to start it.
It has been answered too many times =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonphantom View Post
Also, I can't use my raft anymore, is that normal?
Yep that's the way it's meant to be =)

Anyways Meta, you did oustanding job in completing Kanto and you really deserve the rest, rest well and be back even better than ever =D
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
TD013
8 badges in Kanto, I have 10

[QUOTE=metapod23;6846299]Thanks! Comments like this keep me motivated to continue.

That's great to hear. Can't wait to play the game when the orange islands if finished. It's gonna be impossible for hacks to compete.
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Nature: Sassy
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:

*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.

Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Dragonphantom
Professional Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It has been answered too many times =D

Yep that's the way it's meant to be =)

I know, what I mean is I can't find Wigglytuff. I have the needed upgrades to activate it, but can't find Wiggly anywhere.

FC: Hikari 0903 8873 3010
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:

*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.

Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.
Thank you for the bug report. I've fixed the Misty glitch and the Viridian Forest movement permissions error:

AshGray Beta 3.6.1
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:00 AM
acdc00420
Beginning Trainer

hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:13 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc00420 View Post
hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????
I just uploaded an updated beta 22 minutes before you posted this that fixes that giltch. :/
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
uran10

Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?
Don't patch it to beta, only patch it to a clean FireRed rom. Just keep your previous save file, or your previous save state files. They should be in the folder where you currently have your rom stored.
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM
jamieruby111
Beginning Trainer

Great additions Meta looks even better :D
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
torn00
Beginning Trainer

Heck I played metapod but does not want me to play revival. I have one affair or in the future you could add to this great land that johto game always seemed to me that the land of Kanto and Johto are connected? Sorry for my english
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
uran10

Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.
Just tested it. If the Pokemon is Leech Seeded and you attack it and bring it down to 0 HP, it faints right away. Seems to be working properly for me.
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

Metapod, do you plan on doing the Orange Islands saga or are you ending it at Pallet Party Panic?

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links