Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old February 20th, 2012 (01:31 PM).

Guys can u domi a favour and tell mi how to activate the misty mermaid episode because ive gone throught the rocky path and the episode hasnt started plz help wht have i missed
Old February 20th, 2012 (02:45 PM).

Is there another link to download this?
When I download this it won't work on my VBA.
Old February 20th, 2012 (10:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by Icemaster5000:
Guys can u domi a favour and tell mi how to activate the misty mermaid episode because ive gone throught the rocky path and the episode hasnt started plz help wht have i missed
I am not pretty sure but you have to find a girl(probably standing in front of the bike shop) and talk to her.She will say something like:"Having the badge is easy,etc" then you can go to the gym again and fight!Have fun!:D
Old February 21st, 2012 (01:54 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by EmolgaTheFlyingSquirrel:
Is there another link to download this?
When I download this it won't work on my VBA.
You must patch clean FR ROM with Lunar IPS.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 21st, 2012 (09:05 AM).

wow a hack based on the adventures of ash, I find something good, I had the opportunity to play the beta now and let me tell you I like how you developed the events I congratulate you for great work, I hope updates.
Old February 21st, 2012 (11:35 AM).

Nature: Brave
Hey META, how much episodes will you add for a new beta? and any more progress yet?
Old February 21st, 2012 (12:43 PM).
Hackin N00b

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Hey META, how much episodes will you add for a new beta? and any more progress yet?
If he follows the plan it should be 17 episodes.... and he updated saying he only did Scare in Air and Pokeball Peril. He is either workin on next episode or not workin at all xP... probably workin since he just updated 3 days ago

EDIT: I noticed if u follow through the game beating Richie, Elite 4, 'n' Champ, then your pokemon are probably 80+, so its too high for continuing xD

good thing i kept 2 files ;D
Old February 21st, 2012 (04:16 PM).

Patching gets me confused. I tried it with Pokemon Ash Gray but it didn't work. I don't know how to patch.
Old February 21st, 2012 (04:33 PM).
Hackin N00b

Quote originally posted by EmolgaTheFlyingSquirrel:
Patching gets me confused. I tried it with Pokemon Ash Gray but it didn't work. I don't know how to patch.
download the .ips file and LunarIPS

patch the .ips file to the FireRed (U).gba file... (btw I dont use LunarIPS... but u should be able to do it with the info i gave xP... I use another program)
Old February 21st, 2012 (04:42 PM).

First of all, I just want to say: great job. I love the way every episode is used, although I don't follow everything exactly. I still have my lovely Pidgeot and Butterfree and I let Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve. I do have a Pikachu instead of a Raichu though . I started playing last Saturday and now I already finished the Pokemon League (beating the Elite Four and the Champion instead of losing to Richie).

But I also have two questions:
1. When I try to save my game, it says there is a save error and that I should exchange the backup memory. How do I fix this? I kept using the VisualBoyAdvance save function for now, but it would be nice to have a real save file.
2. When in the future, I patch my game, can I continue on before mentioned save file or do I need to start over?

Anyone who can help me with this, I'd really appreciate your help!

So thanks in advance and again: great hack!
Old February 21st, 2012 (05:33 PM).
Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Peetzaahhh:
If he follows the plan it should be 17 episodes.... and he updated saying he only did Scare in Air and Pokeball Peril. He is either workin on next episode or not workin at all xP... probably workin since he just updated 3 days ago

EDIT: I noticed if u follow through the game beating Richie, Elite 4, 'n' Champ, then your pokemon are probably 80+, so its too high for continuing xD

good thing i kept 2 files ;D
i've emailed metapod23 yesterday and checked today and he has updated the hack by finishing the episode "lost lapras" so he will probably do all 25 episodes before a new beta so it cant be too long if he keeps working like this... all he needs is our encouragement n inspiration

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All

Old February 21st, 2012 (05:57 PM).
Wannabe Hacker

dude, this is amazing. One of the best hacks i have ever played, well for what has been completed of it. I would totally nominate you for the "2012 hack of the year". I Love this. If you can finish this, you could get hack of the year next year.
Old February 21st, 2012 (10:20 PM).

I can't wait until the new beta is released.So exciteeeed!!!
Old February 22nd, 2012 (10:20 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

So the Orange Isles will be 90+ trainers and low leveled wild Pokémon :D
Problem solved like a boss xD

Old February 22nd, 2012 (10:49 AM).

so that lost BABY lapras should be +80lvl when player get it. think that work if it's some 15-25 lvl xD
Old February 22nd, 2012 (11:18 AM).

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Rumille:
First of all, I just want to say: great job. I love the way every episode is used, although I don't follow everything exactly. I still have my lovely Pidgeot and Butterfree and I let Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve. I do have a Pikachu instead of a Raichu though . I started playing last Saturday and now I already finished the Pokemon League (beating the Elite Four and the Champion instead of losing to Richie).

But I also have two questions:
1. When I try to save my game, it says there is a save error and that I should exchange the backup memory. How do I fix this? I kept using the VisualBoyAdvance save function for now, but it would be nice to have a real save file.
2. When in the future, I patch my game, can I continue on before mentioned save file or do I need to start over?

Anyone who can help me with this, I'd really appreciate your help!

So thanks in advance and again: great hack!
For your First problem did you checked your save settings in VBA where Flash 128k is checked or not?
And for your 2nd question you can continue from your old save file..
Old February 22nd, 2012 (06:54 PM).
Hackin N00b

Quote:
For your First problem did you checked your save settings in VBA where Flash 128k is checked or not?
Still no work for me...

Quote:
So the Orange Isles will be 90+ trainers and low leveled wild Pokémon
Problem solved like a boss xD
thought u'd say something like that... but some ppl still have around lv 70 losing to Ritchie xP
Old February 22nd, 2012 (09:57 PM).

alright, so different question, (hope I'm not repeating.. 125 pages is a few too many to read)

The game opens fine and looks normal, but when i try to start the game itself it says "the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed." What did I do wrong?
Old February 23rd, 2012 (02:06 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Heinola:
so that lost BABY lapras should be +80lvl when player get it. think that work if it's some 15-25 lvl xD
You don't have to use Lapras so it can be on level 15-25 :D

thought u'd say something like that... but some ppl still have around lv 70 losing to Ritchie xP
That's what wild Pokés are for =D

Quote originally posted by pinki375:
alright, so different question, (hope I'm not repeating.. 125 pages is a few too many to read)

The game opens fine and looks normal, but when i try to start the game itself it says "the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed." What did I do wrong?
Don't mind it, it does not affect the game.

Old February 23rd, 2012 (07:54 AM).

I did the Flash 128k thing, but it still isn't able to save. It's not that big of a problem, but still, kinda strange. Thanks for the help though.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (12:30 PM).

I haven't been on in quite some time. Glad to see Metapod back to working action hope you had a great feel deserved break boss. Just had one question how do I evovle my haunter and kadabra. Both are getting pretty high in level and I am 95% sure they should be at the point of evolving through happniess yet at night Haunter still won't evolve and Kadabra doesn't seem to want to evolve during the day either
Old February 23rd, 2012 (02:58 PM).
Hackin N00b

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

That's what wild Pokés are for =D
Aaaaaah~ good point xDD

Quote originally posted by Nixon1:
I haven't been on in quite some time. Glad to see Metapod back to working action hope you had a great feel deserved break boss. Just had one question how do I evovle my haunter and kadabra. Both are getting pretty high in level and I am 95% sure they should be at the point of evolving through happniess yet at night Haunter still won't evolve and Kadabra doesn't seem to want to evolve during the day either
Haunter is happiness at night! And Kadabra is happiness by day! Remember it needs to be maxed! (use soothe bell!)
(THANK YOU YAPE!)
Old February 23rd, 2012 (09:58 PM).

Aaaaaah~ good point xDD

Haunter is happiness at night! And Kadabra is happiness by day! Remember it needs to be maxed! (use soothe bell!)
(THANK YOU YAPE!)
Thats the thing though I am pretty sure my haunter at least has to be maxed out happiness and it still won't evolve I used the soothe bell since I first caught it and even had it get a bunch of hair cuts. It is now level 57 and still hasn't evolved. I changed the settings of the game to incorporate the night and day function I have been training it at night only still it has yet to evolve I wasn't if I was doing something wrong, I also forgot to ask if we can catch cubone in this hack I know we can get marowak just not sure about cubone Thanks for the info though
Old February 24th, 2012 (05:10 AM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
With Haunter and Kadabra, I messed up with the current beta, b/c I forgot that FireRed doesn't have a day and night system, so it can't do evolutions by day and night. The next beta will have them evolve through happiness, so just wait until that release to evolve them, or use YAPE to edit the conditions for evolution.
Old February 24th, 2012 (01:14 PM).
Hackin N00b

Quote originally posted by metapod23:
With Haunter and Kadabra, I messed up with the current beta, b/c I forgot that FireRed doesn't have a day and night system, so it can't do evolutions by day and night. The next beta will have them evolve through happiness, so just wait until that release to evolve them, or use YAPE to edit the conditions for evolution.
Oh, I see. makes sense...

cant wait for next release!'

btw is it ok if i personally edit the game (like sprites?)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links