The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Chapmic

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.
Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".

Last edited by Chapmic; March 26th, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmic View Post
Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".
dude your kind of suppose to catch a shellder at the north pole for the evolution solution event... i found that out when i restarted the game..

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:15 PM
BlastoiseBrother
on a mission from God

I finished all the mount hideaway events but when I go to talk to Professor Oak about opening the pokemon league i don't get nothing help me someone?
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:23 PM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastoiseBrother View Post
I finished all the mount hideaway events but when I go to talk to Professor Oak about opening the pokemon league i don't get nothing help me someone?
that might be a glitch caused by u moving bad eggs that are in your pc storage box

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM
BlastoiseBrother
on a mission from God

i didn't move any eggs though

all oak talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and that's it
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Pinotti

Those bad eggs sucks a lot, Ow MY GOD!
Does someone tell us, how don't be affected by them?!
Why they exist? Can metapod fix this bug?!
These bad egg mess up with all game. ****!
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:21 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinotti View Post
Those bad eggs sucks a lot, Ow MY GOD!
Does someone tell us, how don't be affected by them?!
Why they exist? Can metapod fix this bug?!
These bad egg mess up with all game. ****!
The bad eggs are likely created due to changing the values of certain variables during certain events. It may be possible to determine through thorough testing which variables (if any) are safe to use and will not create bad eggs, but at the moment it is not a priority. If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay.

The reason that the Misty Mermaid event should activate is because the initial script is set to activate when a particular variable is set to 0. Since all variables are set to 0 when the game starts, there's really no reason the event shouldn't activate.

The only other requirement to it activating is having the 7th Gym Badge from Blaine.
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster42 View Post
that's not a bug.. just really weird
It is a bug because it does not work like it's supposed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage856 View Post
(I never knew that Caterpie and Pidgeotto were scripted battles !)
They are not :D
You must capture both in wild =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:59 PM
fittz
Beginning Trainer

there has got to to be another variable that is cause the event not to happen cuz in my original games i started i never even seen a bad egg so been a little confused........
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Pinotti

Quote:
The bad eggs are likely created due to changing the values of certain variables during certain events. It may be possible to determine through thorough testing which variables (if any) are safe to use and will not create bad eggs, but at the moment it is not a priority. If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay.

The reason that the Misty Mermaid event should activate is because the initial script is set to activate when a particular variable is set to 0. Since all variables are set to 0 when the game starts, there's really no reason the event shouldn't activate.

The only other requirement to it activating is having the 7th Gym Badge from Blaine.
This event [Myst Mermaid] is necessary indeed ?
"If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay."
What do you mean with "Don't move"?
I'm really worried about my gameplay, i've restart the game, because i lost some episodes and try to reset the game, maybe it fix the problem, but i'm really worried.
If you are in my place what would you do ?
Tell us how we can play in safety?
I loved your game is a wonderfull hack and i don't want to give up.
Your are a good person, and i like to help you in understand this problem.
Excuse me if i'm being boring, and my bad english is because i'm Brasilian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fittz View Post
there has got to to be another variable that is cause the event not to happen cuz in my original games i started i never even seen a bad egg so been a little confused........
Man, are you doing the walkthrough? I've downloaded the first 10 episodes that you did, and i liked it so much =D

Last edited by DrFuji; March 27th, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:55 PM
fittz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I'm really worried about my gameplay, i've restart the game, because i lost some episodes and try to reset the game, maybe it fix the problem, but i'm really worried.
I loved your game is a wonderfull hack and i don't want to give up.
Your are a good person, and i like to help you in understand this problem.
Excuse me if i'm being boring, and my bad english is because i'm Brasilian.

Man, are you doing the walkthrough? I've downloaded the first 10 episodes that you did, and i liked it so much =D
Yup that would be me i will have the next set out as soon as i can work has really been wearing me down so ill do them as i am able just as a little update on the guide
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
BlastoiseBrother
on a mission from God

meta I still need help opening the pokemon league I did all the Mt Hideaway events and talked to oak but all he talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and about my pokedex
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Man, this hack is coming along seriously nicely. Definitely one of the best around. Keep it up!
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Aliencommander1245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It is a bug because it does not work like it's supposed to work.

They are not :D
You must capture both in wild =)
No they ARE scripted (caterpie at lv 5 appears in your first step into varidian forest, lv 7 pidgeotto appears halfway through the forest) they just don't seem obvious
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:37 AM
blackmage856

^ Totally right xD although leaving the forest , resets the scripts you can even check the tiles and it always happens...good for farming early pickahu exp versus the pidgeotto xD

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
It is not necessary.

Quote:
The bad eggs randomly appear in various Pokemon storage boxes. If you don't move them around from box to box or select them, you should be okay.

Quote:
The game isn't perfect - there's still bugs, so there's no way to guarantee there won't be issues.

Sometimes you can fix a problem by downloading a new rom from a different site and re-patching it, and using your sav file with the new rom.

If that doesn't work, you can skip that event for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastoiseBrother View Post
meta I still need help opening the pokemon league I did all the Mt Hideaway events and talked to oak but all he talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and about my pokedex
I'm unsure why, if you finished the Pokemopolis event, Oak's script wouldn't activate. I'll look at it more carefully when I get a chance to see exactly what you should need to do to make it work.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
blackmage856

So I finally got to Cinnabar isle ..and notice you can trade Charizard for a Gyrados ...is this like the Butterfree trade in that you get it back or is this permanent ?

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Pinotti

Quote:
It is not necessary.
The bad eggs randomly appear in various Pokemon storage boxes. If you don't move them around from box to box or select them, you should be okay.
The game isn't perfect - there's still bugs, so there's no way to guarantee there won't be issues.
Sometimes you can fix a problem by downloading a new rom from a different site and re-patching it, and using your sav file with the new rom.
If that doesn't work, you can skip that event for now.

Thank you Metapod, your answers will help me a lot.
I'll play more carefully for now.
I remember that i've checked and moved one of those bad eggs in the beggining of the game.
I never imagined it would affect the game.
It's interesting, because i'm not the only who complain about the misty event don't activate.
Maybe the bad egg mess with the last events of the game.
'cause All the players complain about cannot go to the pokemon league, like some events don't appear
By the way, are you working on the next beta, you have a date to launch the next version? are you trying to fix some bugs or you'll just continue with the orange island episodes?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage856 View Post
So I finally got to Cinnabar isle ..and notice you can trade Charizard for a Gyrados ...is this like the Butterfree trade in that you get it back or is this permanent ?
Man, i think it is permanet, because it don't appear in the anime.
Man, how you evolve charizard if it don't obey you?! You are good, haha.
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Nesket
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I am playing he ash grey game and I cant think of any other hack of pokemon that have made me so happy, this is so cool!! but i have a problem with the game, i just did all that thing with your pidgeot/pidgeotto where you fight that fearow, and then I released it and, headed for the river, but when i swam to the left, like i saw in one of the videos, ther were just trees in the river?! what should I do after releasing my Pidgeot?

(sry for my awful English grammar)
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
FRANKTANK

when i try to go into the team rocket daycare, the screen just turns black and i cant move
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
joshking123
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesket View Post
Hi, I am playing he ash grey game and I cant think of any other hack of pokemon that have made me so happy, this is so cool!! but i have a problem with the game, i just did all that thing with your pidgeot/pidgeotto where you fight that fearow, and then I released it and, headed for the river, but when i swam to the left, like i saw in one of the videos, ther were just trees in the river?! what should I do after releasing my Pidgeot?

(sry for my awful English grammar)
That's the end I believe. Also, you shouldn't be sorry for your grammar. I have seen MUCH worse lol
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:11 AM
blackmage856

Quote:
Thank you Metapod, your answers will help me a lot.
I'll play more carefully for now.
I remember that i've checked and moved one of those bad eggs in the beggining of the game.
I never imagined it would affect the game.
It's interesting, because i'm not the only who complain about the misty event don't activate.
Maybe the bad egg mess with the last events of the game.
'cause All the players complain about cannot go to the pokemon league, like some events don't appear
By the way, are you working on the next beta, you have a date to launch the next version? are you trying to fix some bugs or you'll just continue with the orange island episodes?!

Man, i think it is permanet, because it don't appear in the anime.
Man, how you evolve charizard if it don't obey you?! You are good, haha.
Well lucky I didnt trade it then xD Charmander to 34 using the lucky egg ...against exeggcute, then at 35 you use the rare candy (you get 1 in the game somewhere) and that was it xD

Old March 29th, 2012, 03:48 AM
YouListeningROMs
Beginning Trainer

This really looks like it has a lot of potential to be a great hack. Besides a few graphical problems with some of the tiles (it looks like they're out of place when placed next to FR normal tiles, try giving it a more natural feel), it's a great idea and I commend you on it.
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:57 AM
XxwaleyxX
Beginning Trainer

hi....
now i am playing ash gray version 3.5.4
after the mewtwo event.....i don't know what to do...
i have been watch the walkthrough at youtube...but it is different.
mom doesn't request me anything...
help me please

sorry for bad english
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM
supperdragon

Is the new version released?I am playing 3.6.1 and haven't checked this site for one month!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here