Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old May 11th, 2012 (04:34 PM).
gametothemacks
Beginning Trainer

How do I download the game because I can't find the link here?
Old May 11th, 2012 (06:20 PM).
uran10

For people crying about a new beta or for meta give the guy a break. its exam time, my exams wont finish till may 25th and even then there is a thing called a life! meta has one peeps so just relax and wait. Some exams even last until june give him some time.
Old May 11th, 2012 (11:26 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by DEundertaker32:
when is this new beta going to be released?he posted a preview in march
In future.

Quote originally posted by gametothemacks:
How do I download the game because I can't find the link here?
Have you actually bothered to check the first post?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 12th, 2012 (04:05 AM).
alexh2
Beginning Trainer

I started a new game, and right when I try to exit my home, it goes black and VBA won't respond anymore. Did I do something wrong?
Old May 12th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by uran10:
For people crying about a new beta or for meta give the guy a break. its exam time, my exams wont finish till may 25th and even then there is a thing called a life! meta has one peeps so just relax and wait. Some exams even last until june give him some time.
Didn't meta say he's not in school? I'm only 80% sure but yeah. Scripting and everything is a pain. The end result is beautiful, but gah it's a pain xD. But his break is over. It's time to give us what we want ;D
Old May 12th, 2012 (11:47 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by alexh2:
I started a new game, and right when I try to exit my home, it goes black and VBA won't respond anymore. Did I do something wrong?
You might have patched a wrong ROM.
Try another one.

Quote originally posted by redwolf915:
But his break is over. It's time to give us what we want ;D
No it's not.
That's not for you to decide.

Old May 13th, 2012 (03:16 AM).
alexh2
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

You might have patched a wrong ROM.
Try another one.
Ah, I knew something was off. Everything was in black & white (except for the characters), too. But now it's fixed. Thanks.
Old May 13th, 2012 (03:18 AM).
blue_eevee
Beginning Trainer

Just played for the first time
Good work, I love the idea to follow the anime haha and when ho oh flies across at the start. I know you are probably aware of it, but unless I've downloaded an old file their really needs to be some work on ash in battle. I know that that's pretty difficult I tried myself, I'm just saying you could be better of trying to edit red's sprite from fire red, just an idea, but great work please don't let it die this has so much potential
Old May 13th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
mathm2011
Beginning Trainer

Just a question. I won Celadon's gym, and solved the Diglett problem, the Power Plant problem and won that championship just for fighting pokemon. What do i do now?
Hello. I'm a Brazilian Pokémon fan, noob at rom-hacking, disliker of pokémon saudosism (like, "FIRST GENERATION WAS BETTER YOU SUCK AND SO DOES THAT GARBAGE-LOOKING POKEMON HSYAHSYHAYSHAS"). I know problably you all left reading this signature (no, mom, i didn't go to the market yet) but it's all i have to say, folks.
Old May 13th, 2012 (08:37 AM).
Kenfuu
Beginning Trainer

Well, just registered after installing this, wanted to say thank you to Metapod for all the work he's done. And I just had one quick question, if you don't follow the events of the anime are you penalized in anyways?

Say I catch a Pokemon Ash didn't or choose to evolve say Squirtle or Bulbasaur will events happen differently or just not at all since I changed stuff?
Old May 13th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
Mudkipz105
Beginning Trainer

How do I download the game
Old May 13th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
Myc Shredder

Quote originally posted by Kenfuu:
Well, just registered after installing this, wanted to say thank you to Metapod for all the work he's done. And I just had one quick question, if you don't follow the events of the anime are you penalized in anyways?

Say I catch a Pokemon Ash didn't or choose to evolve say Squirtle or Bulbasaur will events happen differently or just not at all since I changed stuff?
Catching a Pokemon Ash didn't will certainly not affect your journey. However NOT CATCHING a Pokemon Ash had, as well as PREMATURELY EVOLVING some of them inaccordingly with the episodes from the anime, WILL definitely cause certain events to not occur. Here are some examples:

- At the Viridian Forest (the Samurai event): a wild Beedril is supposed to take away your Metapod which you would have to eventually save from the Kakuna nest; this won't happen if: 1) you don't have a Metapod in your party by the time you battle the Samurai; 2) your Metapod evolved into Butterfree right after the Battle with the Samurai; Bottom line is it must stay a Metapod before & after that battle.

- The Bulbasaur event (the Mysterious Garden where wild Bulbasaur gather to evolve) won't be triggered if you had previously evolved your Bulbasaur (also in this event the old Venusaur teaches Solar Beam to your Bulbasaur)

- North-east of Cinnabar Island is where you're supposed to help the Wartortle/Blastoise wake up from their deep sleep, this again won't happen if you had evolved your Squirtle

etc.

Although I must remind you those events are more of an optional challenge, they're not necessary to the course of your game. It's also up to you whether you want to release some of your Pokemon like Ash did or not.

Old May 13th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
Kenfuu
Beginning Trainer

Ah okay, that helps a bunch, really appreciate it. I'll probably play as if I'm ash for now, seems like it will be fun. Now since I'm early on, if Pidgeotto evolves would that mess up the episode where ash gives it away after it evolves?
Old May 13th, 2012 (11:34 AM).
kalvar
Beginning Trainer

When the next update comes will we be able to use our old files?
And if we can will it work if my file is only a save state cuz I couldn't get it to save properly.
Old May 13th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
Kenfuu
Beginning Trainer

Try switching your save type. Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128K is the most common fix I found.

But for me that didn't work so I found a different ROM which fixed the problem.
Old May 13th, 2012 (06:08 PM).
Flutter Shy
Beginning Trainer

I tried to battle Ritchie, but I can't. It says that I'm not scheduled to have a battle. Something wrong?
Old May 13th, 2012 (11:44 PM).
L1L_P1NT
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to make ASH GREY version for the Mac please? or no, is there anyway to convert it?
Old May 14th, 2012 (12:06 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by kalvar:
When the next update comes will we be able to use our old files?
And if we can will it work if my file is only a save state cuz I couldn't get it to save properly.
The next update will come when the time comes so please be patient like us all and if you have a problem regarding saving then you would have to start all over again when the new patch be available..
Old May 14th, 2012 (12:32 AM).
vanillagfx
Togepi

Not sure if you guys know about this or I had a old patch but if you have the raft and go to get snorlax above him it asks if you want to use the raft and you can use the raft and glide across the grass.

Youtube Channel.
Old May 14th, 2012 (01:11 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Ah okay, that helps a bunch, really appreciate it. I'll probably play as if I'm ash for now, seems like it will be fun. Now since I'm early on, if Pidgeotto evolves would that mess up the episode where ash gives it away after it evolves?
No that event is not as important as you think. you just don't talk with the man and thus you will keep pidgeotto by your self.. Also Pidgeot has many events in the game so i recommend you keep it..
Old May 14th, 2012 (11:45 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Pidgeotto is supposed to evolve :D

Quote originally posted by L1L_P1NT:
Is it possible to make ASH GREY version for the Mac please? or no, is there anyway to convert it?
It's not about Ash Gray. It's about VBA on Mac.
If Mac can somehow emulate Windows interface or something, you should be able to run VBA and Ash Gray with it.

Old May 14th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
Taddel
Unhatched Egg

1st of all let me say that I ****ing LOVE that hack!!

And I found a pretty cool glitch... when you use raft on the left side of the snorlax you can just exit the water with your raft and cruise with your raft =P It'll go away when you enter a house, change the route or so but I thought it's pretty funny

I hope it doesn't damage the game but I'll try...

Oh and it seems like for me the game goes unbeatable... or don't you have to complete the Gym where you have to have a fight pokemon in oder to get the 5th badge??? Because if you have I can't find a fight pokemon anymore -.-
Old May 14th, 2012 (02:27 PM).
Kenfuu
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

Pidgeotto is supposed to evolve :D
I got that but what i mean is, say I evolve it before it happens in the anime where they take on the Fearow and Spearow would it ruin that or should i leave it as a Pideotto until I get to that part?
Old May 14th, 2012 (05:01 PM). Edited May 15th, 2012 by iloveanne.
iloveanne

i love this hack. excited for the rest.

Current Challenges:
None at the moment
Old May 14th, 2012 (06:31 PM).
kalvar
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
The next update will come when the time comes so please be patient like us all and if you have a problem regarding saving then you would have to start all over again when the new patch be available..

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as impatient, I was just wondering about the save thing, thank you for answering me!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links