• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
how do i download this and what emulator to usee?

U download it from the front page...

make sure u have an .ips inserting thing program... like lunarips

then patch it into FR (each program has a different way)

then play on VBA

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
The route is still closed to me.. I battle AJ, Gazzelle, and got Bulbasaur

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
sorry

still how do i get squirtle

I used the rod and only Goldeen and Magikarp come

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
What do i do when i get to vermillion city? I cant fight the gym leader and the officer is blocking the path to the north..

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Shellder?

Can Someone please tell me how and where to catch shellder? Please and thanks!

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
If you use advanced map you can look at all the maps to find it... or hack it into the hack xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
hey can i help you...................I can make pokemon learn certain moves by level up according to anime so that there will also be a similarity in the moves used in game and anime

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I restarted the game... killed the pidgeotto by accident, and now i need to restart again (restarted first time because i used walk through walls... so after the whole left by squirtle squad i left...

Years
hey can i help you...................I can make pokemon learn certain moves by level up according to anime so that there will also be a similarity in the moves used in game and anime

Problem with that is through out most of the anime, A Pokemon's level is barely mentioned, and when a new move is introduced, they come out at random times.
Also some people wouldn't like some of the moves on their Pokemon if it followed the Anime.
Not everyone would want Agility on Pikachu or Double Team on Pidgeotto.

To Metapod:

What does need to be improved is the setflags and clearflags.
I skipped all 3 starter Pokemon without knowing it.
You can skip through the majority of the game without knowing it and getting extremely confused.

You need to add blocks into the game so people can't skip episodes.

Also, you could add more space in maps, everything feels way to close and doesn't make the game feel as long as it should do.

For example, Bill's light house is in the middle of no-where, but take a few steps down and your in Vermillion City.

I think the maps should be spaced out a bit more.

Also, increasing the Wild Pokemon's levels.
I'm finding it impossible to level up with the lack of trainers around.
In an area battling Level 30 trainers then fighting Wild Pokemon at Level 15-20... Needs a few levels higher to gain some serious Exp.

Apart from that, the hack is doing okay. Still needs tweaking, especially with my last two points but this can turn out to be a great hack.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, it just needs more.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020

Problem with that is through out most of the anime, A Pokemon's level is barely mentioned, and when a new move is introduced, they come out at random times.
Also some people wouldn't like some of the moves on their Pokemon if it followed the Anime.
Not everyone would want Agility on Pikachu or Double Team on Pidgeotto.

To Metapod:

What does need to be improved is the setflags and clearflags.
I skipped all 3 starter Pokemon without knowing it.
You can skip through the majority of the game without knowing it and getting extremely confused.

Also, you could add more space in maps, everything feels way to close and doesn't make the game feel as long as it should do.

For example, Bill's light house is in the middle of no-where, but take a few steps down and your in Vermillion City.

I think the maps should be spaced out a bit more.

In an area battling Level 30 trainers then fighting Wild Pokemon at Level 15-20... Needs a few levels higher to gain some serious Exp.

Apart from that, the hack is doing okay. Still needs tweaking, especially with my last two points but this can turn out to be a great hack.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, it just needs more.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

I agree about the skipping episodes...

how did u skip charmander... didnt u see it on a rock?

and bulbasaur running with oddish... u need to follow it...

or squirtle squad (i can understand) turning to the right of the screen... fall in whole and fish out the squirtle... then go in cave and give pikachu super potion... then squirtle admires u and follows you...

I like the map spacing xD quicker xD

ALSO, IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE! HE PUT UNCUT-ABLE BUSHES TO STOP FROM GOING AWAY FROM THE STORY!

Last edited:
Years
I agree about the skipping episodes...

how did u skip charmander... didnt u see it on a rock?

and bulbasaur running with oddish... u need to follow it...

or squirtle squad (i can understand) turning to the right of the screen... fall in whole and fish out the squirtle... then go in cave and give pikachu super potion... then squirtle admires u and follows you...

I like the map spacing xD quicker xD

ALSO, IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE! HE PUT UNCUT-ABLE BUSHES TO STOP FROM GOING AWAY FROM THE STORY!

It's a bit hard to notice little sprites when the emulator is running at 1000% speed XD

With Bulbasaur, you can just walk straight of of the area.

I did them all in the end, I just think there needs to be scripts to stop you from missing them and to actually engage with it.

Like the Charmander for example, you can walk right past it and nothing will happen, there should be a script near it saying that there's a lone charmander and you should go to the Pokemon centre to rest up. Need's more engagement.

Uncut-able tree's aren't everywhere. Only in some places...
You can still skip the majority of the game without realizing.
Scripts are a lot more effective to keep you on track so you know what your doing.

Another example is Mankey. You can walk straight past him and continue to progress through the game without doing that episode.

The same with Bye Bye Butterfree and loads more.

Needs scripts to engage in each episode and to stop you from skipping episodes.
Not everyone has seen every single episode of Pokemon. I have only seen a few seasons but still not every episode from each season.

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I always go into PC... and coincedently I noticed the guy that owned Charmander...

b4 that i followed bulbasaur... cause I thought i should

like u said... ya there should be a blocker etc... however it could be a players choice to follow the story completely or not... just like the real game... so.. ya

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well... that's... like basic skill in hacking, you know?

Yeah, pretty much agree with both... even though those who follow the anime directly cannot have the first mentioned problem =D

And as for the grinding... you can hack high leveled Moltres' into Exeggutor's Forest and grinding is easier than beating lv.2 Rattata =D[/B]

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020

And as for the grinding... you can hack high leveled Moltres' into Exeggutor's Forest and grinding is easier than beating lv.2 Rattata =D

exactly... its easily done, even with action replay

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Shellder?

Can someone please tell me where/how to catch shellder without the use of hacks? Thanks so much in advance!

Back