Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Denali
C++ Programmer

Nature: Lonely
Hey Metapod! Denali The Bug Report Master is back!
Sry for not reporting for awhile...Anyways, here it goes...
Spoiler:

The upper-right corner of the water ridge is water. It looks like it should be brown.

"And a TOWN MAP
and a handy FAME CHECKER" is displayed twice in a row. It shows this text once, then a blank text box, then the same text is displayed again.

This may be a little picky on my part, but the trees above the upper most ridge and above ASH look strange. It's like they're grown into the ridge.

As you can see, the staircase looks kinda weird when you walk under it...

I think it would sound better if there was a comma before and after JACK. So it would read, ...My son, JACK, has already...

After you wake up from your sleep, if you 'talk' to your tv, then it still says there's a live pokemon match going on. Same thing with the tv downstairs. So I would suggest changing it to another script after you wake up.

When you try and move up one tile you can't.

NON-PICTURE BUGS:
1) When the rock seller guy, or Brock's dad, starts speaking, the line is indented. (Unlike your other scripts).
2) The guy in Viridian Forrest who battles you and says he battled the other Pallet Town trainers doesn't say anything when you go into his cabin. All he does is heal your pokemon without any text.

I'm only as far as facing Brock, so I'll update The Bug Report as soon as possible. And sry about how picky my 'bugs' are...
If you have any questions or concerns about any of my reports, just pm me.
Thanks Metapod,
-Denali

Last edited by Denali; September 24th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
burger29
Beginning Trainer

Just downloaded the patch and can't wait to play it. Good job, this is my second patch I'll be playing
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Denali
C++ Programmer

Hey Metapod, I just arrived on the S.S. Anne and here are all the bugs I found since my last post. Enjoy...

Spoiler:

As you can see, the boats "bubbles" behind it is off center.

The TECH CENTER girl jumps to the right every time you read through all her notes.

Both trees on both sides of this room you are unable to walk just above it.

For some reason, you can't walk just above the house, it stops you above two or so steps short.

Vaccuum, is not spelled right. It should be vacuum. You also spelled vacuum wrong in the Cerulean Gym too.

You are able to sneak past these people. I'm pretty sure you wanted them to see you no matter what, right? If so, then you would need to one to their view radius thingy.

When you warp out of the daycare just above the screenie, you end up warping out of this building.

And as always, just pm me if you have any concerns or questions about my critiqueing. Oh yeah, and if you need anyone to officially beta test Ashgray, I can help in any way you want me to.
Thanks,
-Denali

Last edited by Denali; September 24th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:12 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Spoiler:

The TECH CENTER girl jumps to the right every time you read through all her notes.

1. For some reason, you can't walk just above the house, it stops you above two or so steps short.

2. Vacuum is not spelled right. It should be vacuum. You also spelled vacuum wrong in the Curelean Gym too.

3. You are able to sneak past these people. I'm pretty sure you wanted them to see you no matter what, right? If so, then you would need to one to their view radius thingy.

Some ain't even problems.
I'll list them out:

1. Like the Tech Center one, it's normal to jump like being afraid of somethin' when you read someone's notes. That's a reaction, get it?

2. You actually spelt Cerulean wrong too.

3. It's not a big deal.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old September 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Denali, thank you for the reports! I appreciate them.

Don't worry about being picky, 'cause I'm a perfectionist anyway and am uber-picky myself!

In the first post, though, all the pictures are dead, which will make it hard for me to fix them without reference.

... And as a general update ... I've been busy with work, so I don't have any. I have tomorrow off, so I'll see what I can do.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
jeanmarc123

Last question
How can I wake up snorlax? :D
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Do NOT spam okay?
3 posts in row isn't allowed.
Anyways patching : Use IPS Win
Waking up Snorlax : Since Snorlax still wasn't in anime there's no way to wake up him.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
bbigman76
Elite 4 Member

Nature: Jolly
no offense but this hack is already made called ashs quest make sure its different

just letting u know but it sounds awesome
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigman76 View Post
no offense but this hack is already made called ashs quest make sure its different

just letting u know but it sounds awesome
Ash's Quest is full of bugs...
And what's bad about doing hack of the same inspiration?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
burger29
Beginning Trainer

Uhm where's flash and why don't I compete for that P1 championship. When I go in the guy says congratulations and everythings done. Then when I go out there a girl infront of the door and i can walk over her
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
wheres the download link????? i downloaded it but it couldnt respond and when i got back to this page, THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wat hapened?
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Denali
C++ Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Denali, thank you for the reports! I appreciate them.

Don't worry about being picky, 'cause I'm a perfectionist anyway and am uber-picky myself!

In the first post, though, all the pictures are dead, which will make it hard for me to fix them without reference.

... And as a general update ... I've been busy with work, so I don't have any. I have tomorrow off, so I'll see what I can do.
There you go, Metapod. All pictures are updated and not dead. Hope my findings helped.
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Denali
C++ Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Some ain't even problems.
I'll list them out:

1. Like the Tech Center one, it's normal to jump like being afraid of somethin' when you read someone's notes. That's a reaction, get it?

2. You actually spelt Cerulean wrong too.

3. It's not a big deal.
Oh and Ruka Prince, I was only making suggestions and reporting anything I thought might of been a bug. So I was and still am only suggesting them. That doesn't mean that Metapod has to use them. He can use my 'bugs' or he can completely ignore them. His choice.

Last edited by Denali; September 28th, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM
*[M]*<aCky^
Beginning Trainer

Can I ask a favor?
Can I have some of your save file in AshGray?
I beg you. . . ,
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *[M]*<aCky^ View Post
Can I ask a favor?
Can I have some of your save file in AshGray?
I beg you. . . ,
Tss tss tss
Ya should play it yourself
It's really worthy of playing

Denali : do not post doubleposts I might have already said it but it's not allowed .) Use the edit button

Old September 25th, 2009, 05:25 AM
*[M]*<aCky^
Beginning Trainer

hehe,
I feel so bored :D
I can't do anything

Old October 6th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Guys, here's a Trainer Text edited Patch, and you guys no longer had to face boring FR Text ever, ever, again.

Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1lj0hf
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; October 6th, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post

Guys, here's a Trainer Text edited Patch, and you guys no longer had to face boring FR Text ever, ever, again.

Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1lj0hf
That's the newest version?
Or did ya edit older one?

Old October 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
That's the newest version?
Or did ya edit older one?
That's the version where the original FR Trainer Text are edited.
So, that's why I changed the file name.
You can consider that the "newest" version.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenandcounting View Post
Awesome, i say Awesome
Awesome, i say Awesome
Um... ya happen to know that this is spam right?

Old October 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM
nateash
Beginning Trainer

do you have a .ups file of the 1.68 beta ???
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:02 PM
nateash
Beginning Trainer

why wont it let me download the beta 1.68 ??? the other beta's work, this one just says access denied.
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:50 PM
PokeBal33
Learning how to hack..

Wow nice hack, i always wanted to play as ASH, i see a lot of progress in this hack. Good job
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateash View Post
why wont it let me download the beta 1.68 ??? the other beta's work, this one just says access denied.
It must've been only temporary problem.
It can be downloaded.

Old October 10th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Vined
Beginning Trainer

This is an awesome hack! I really enjoyed it, even though I didnt want to give away my Butterfree because he was pretty strong I did
I've caught other pokemon but my team is only the pokemon that Ash had in the show from what I can remember lol Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links