The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3851    
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:39 AM
the reason
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
this is honestly thee best hack i have ever seen!!!
nintendo and gamefreak lately just published ******** like pokemon black and white 2 and pokemon conquest its really annoying.
why doesnt nintendo do this i mean this is the most intelligent idea ever.
i would rate this hack 9/10, it would have been 10 but because of the bugs and that pikachu doesnt follow you, i would wish that you could programm pikachu to follow ASAP!!!
anyway i love this!!!kepp up the good work!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3852    
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM
bigeman9797
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
I cant download it. help please
Reply With Quote
  #3853    
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Rkofan123's Avatar
Rkofan123
PKMN Trainer Red
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pallet Town
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
I love the hack ! Can't wait the next beta !! Your doing the Kanto AND the Orange Islands series? Wow I'm impressed !
Reply With Quote
  #3854    
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:17 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by the reason View Post
this is honestly thee best hack i have ever seen!!!
nintendo and gamefreak lately just published ******** like pokemon black and white 2 and pokemon conquest its really annoying.
why doesnt nintendo do this i mean this is the most intelligent idea ever.
i would rate this hack 9/10, it would have been 10 but because of the bugs and that pikachu doesnt follow you, i would wish that you could programm pikachu to follow ASAP!!!
anyway i love this!!!kepp up the good work!!!
Making Pikachu follow Ash is not easy as you say. And I don't remember correctly some one said earlier that it is impossible
Reply With Quote
  #3855    
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by the reason View Post
i would rate this hack 9/10, it would have been 10 but because of the bugs and that pikachu doesnt follow you, i would wish that you could programm pikachu to follow ASAP!!!
Try it for yourself if you want to have it "ASAP"!!!!
It requires some hardcore ASM that's why the routine is not completed yet.

I feel pretty stupid repeating this for xxxth time...
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
Reply With Quote
  #3856    
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Gawerty's Avatar
Gawerty
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Land of Chaos
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
uh, so i need a little help, Im not so very smart and i may have skipped a few events, i was stupid and evolved my pikachu so i cant do like 10 events, er, im just missing a lot of stuff... Im just wondering why cant i get the guard to move in the room leading right too the elite four, is there something im missing, if so please tell me >.<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3857    
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Gungnir!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgj View Post
uh, so i need a little help, Im not so very smart and i may have skipped a few events, i was stupid and evolved my pikachu so i cant do like 10 events, er, im just missing a lot of stuff... Im just wondering why cant i get the guard to move in the room leading right too the elite four, is there something im missing, if so please tell me >.<
Hopefully this will answer your question:
Quote:
To begin the Pokémon League, you must complete all the events at Mr. Hideaway, including the Giant Onix and Pokémopolis. Afterward, return to Prof. Oak's lab and speak to him. He will tell you that the League is ready to begin. Before entering Victory Road, the Bad to the Bone event will activate. Afterward, you the guard will let you pass into the Pokémon League.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3858    
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Psylenced
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
I am having a lot of trouble downloading this, when ever I try to download it, I am brought to another file download that I don't want to download. Any help?
Reply With Quote
  #3859    
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM
R4gn0r0k
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
you will download a ips file, you have to patch a game with it.
and for the people whos pokemon are too weak, just train them in the grass!
i sat there for 2-3 hours running in the grass training my pokemon, it takes some time, but you get results!
Reply With Quote
  #3860    
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:31 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylenced View Post
I am having a lot of trouble downloading this, when ever I try to download it, I am brought to another file download that I don't want to download. Any help?
Download a clean Firered ROM download the AshGrey Ips file. Patch the ips file with the ROM programmes like Lunar IPS. Rename the file with Ash grey.gba for your ease
Reply With Quote
  #3861    
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Axelagain
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
hi yeah, so basicly i downloaded the mod, but i dont think its compatible with the version of vba i have atm, could that be a issue?
Reply With Quote
  #3862    
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelagain View Post
hi yeah, so basicly i downloaded the mod, but i dont think its compatible with the version of vba i have atm, could that be a issue?
It doesn't matter what version of VBA you have.
VBA and the hack do not communicate to each other.

If you did not patch a clean ROM, the hack will not work.

Make sure you patch a clean ROM when applying the hack patch.
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


Reply With Quote
  #3863    
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
poke_lover123
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
im having a weird glitch
i continued the game then realized i missed the fuschia gym so when i went back to do it and went up to aya for the battle instead of her trainer sprite i got a wild mankey. then when i went and reloaded my save file i went to battle the trainers outside and the same thing happened i dont know what to do
Reply With Quote
  #3864    
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Pir4te
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hi, no idea if this has been addressed yet, 155 pages of "where's Squirtle!" and "Charizard won't obey me! (You don't say??)" is more than i can be bothered to sift through. Got what appears to be a bug, whereby Pikachu has stopped listening to me. As per the anime, Pikachu stopped being a moody ***** after the Ho-Oh sighting, and has been well behaved ever since. As soon as i hit the cycle bridge, however, he reverted to being a naughty little reprobate, which i'm sure didn't happen in the anime. Been putting up with it hoping it would sort itself out, especially after Pikachu's Goodbye where, codewise, you get a "new pikachu", but to no avail, even into Neon Town. Moved some of the "Bad Eggs" and "??????'s" around in the computer boxes in Fuchsia to make room my 30 Tauros, but that's the only thing i can think of that might have affected it (not sure how, but still). Thinking repatching the rom might help but any other suggestions would be primo

Also, if it helps to know, i patched the Rom on my pc, but i've been playing it on Gameboid for Android. Can imagine there may be compatibility issues, but i'm not techy enough to know how to sort them.

Last edited by Pir4te; August 10th, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: amendment.
Reply With Quote
  #3865    
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:17 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir4te View Post
Also, if it helps to know, i patched the Rom on my pc, but i've been playing it on Gameboid for Android. Can imagine there may be compatibility issues, but i'm not techy enough to know how to sort them.
Everyone patches the hack through PC and play it on different emulators. It doesn't matter from that. The only issue occurs either through a choice of a bad ROM or through the type of emulator itself.
Reply With Quote
  #3866    
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Pir4te
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Everyone patches the hack through PC and play it on different emulators. It doesn't matter from that. The only issue occurs either through a choice of a bad ROM or through the type of emulator itself.
The rom was "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". Reckon repatching will do the trick, or is the .sav file likely to be too affected for that to be, hmhm, super effective? I don't believe i've mugged Pikachu about enough for him to have naturally decided to rebel, i'm certain it's a case of the coding for the inital canon disobedience affecting the game beyond it's perview. Don't know enough about coding to know what to check for and change myself.
Reply With Quote
  #3867    
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Capollo
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
I having problems downloading this because my computer thinks the link is a virus. Anything you know that could help?
Reply With Quote
  #3868    
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:44 PM
dragonite33
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hi, huge fan of the game and Meta has done such a great job so far and I can not wait for the next beta to be released. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Meta becasue he has not updated the front page in almost 5 months. Just wondering if everything is okay
Reply With Quote
  #3869    
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
iCommitted
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
I honestly love this rom so far but I have a few questions, Can you evolve pokemon that have to be traded to evolve in this?
How far does V3.6.1 go into the storyline of the anime?
Reply With Quote
  #3870    
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir4te View Post
Hi, no idea if this has been addressed yet, 155 pages of "where's Squirtle!" and "Charizard won't obey me! (You don't say??)" is more than i can be bothered to sift through. Got what appears to be a bug, whereby Pikachu has stopped listening to me. As per the anime, Pikachu stopped being a moody ***** after the Ho-Oh sighting, and has been well behaved ever since. As soon as i hit the cycle bridge, however, he reverted to being a naughty little reprobate, which i'm sure didn't happen in the anime. Been putting up with it hoping it would sort itself out, especially after Pikachu's Goodbye where, codewise, you get a "new pikachu", but to no avail, even into Neon Town. Moved some of the "Bad Eggs" and "??????'s" around in the computer boxes in Fuchsia to make room my 30 Tauros, but that's the only thing i can think of that might have affected it (not sure how, but still). Thinking repatching the rom might help but any other suggestions would be primo
1) You don't get "new Pikachu" you get the same you had.
It's like Day Care.
2) For the Pikachu not obeying. Cause is currently half unknown.
It's because of ASM routine that makes Pikachu not obeying at the beggining.
But the reason why it starts again later in game even though it should be disabled is currently unknown.
That's Fire Red for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capollo View Post
I having problems downloading this because my computer thinks the link is a virus. Anything you know that could help?
Uninstalling your anti-virus?
Nah, I'm joking even though your anti-virus is crappy if it thinks it's a virus.
Disable it for the time being or give the file an exception.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
Reply With Quote
  #3871    
Old August 12th, 2012, 04:30 AM
krisye's Avatar
krisye
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
I can't seem to get out SS Anne, second time I'm there, am I missing something huge?
__________________
Supporting...




(IMG)http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...rdlm6.png(/IMG)


Reply With Quote
  #3872    
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:44 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisye View Post
I can't seem to get out SS Anne, second time I'm there, am I missing something huge?
Have you beated Lt.Surge in Vermillion coz if you haven't then it will not occur.
Reply With Quote
  #3873    
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:50 AM
motolee27
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I have all 8 badges, I beat team rocket when they tried to break into prof oaks lab and got an invite to the new island. How do I get past the guard at viridian city? I've also talked to the surfer guy and beat his pikachu.
Reply With Quote
  #3874    
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM
ChaosCron1
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Can't save even though I patched it on a clean rom, help.
Reply With Quote
  #3875    
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Pinta77's Avatar
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I only got to viridian city before i had to restore my ipod. I will download this again this is a great hack. Im very impressed!

A question for Metapod or anyone who knows. Where can I learn how to change the sprite that the player is? Just like the beggening of Ash Grey.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.