The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Adam and samantha, if you need to chat, please do it throughout the VMs/PMs...
As for the general question...
YES, next beta will have Orange Isle episodes as written in the first post.
Again, as written in the first post, this beta DOES NOT CONTAIN ORANGE ISLANDS!
Again, YOU CANNOT GO TO ORANGE ISLANDS IN THIS BETA.
If you have seen the videos, it's probably Metapod showing progress.

Before you ask something, please read the first post of this thread.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:57 AM
samantha 99
poke-nerd :p

Nature: Gentle
i saw that walkthrough and it wasn't by metapod
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Chapmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha 99 View Post
i saw that walkthrough and it wasn't by metapod
Are you talking about the video from mcflyfkd ?
If yes, then mcflyfkd is Metapod.
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:48 AM
samantha 99
poke-nerd :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmic View Post
Are you talking about the video from mcflyfkd ?
If yes, then mcflyfkd is Metapod.
yes i was thanks for telling me

and does anyone know when the next beta is coming out? thanks

and if anyone plays ash grey on vizzed my name is pikachu_123
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM
alc112
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha 99 View Post
yes i was thanks for telling me

and does anyone know when the next beta is coming out? thanks

and if anyone plays ash grey on vizzed my name is pikachu_123
Ifyou read a response from mcflyfkdin his last video in youtube (demonstrating the organge island), you can read that "they are very close" (a comment from 6 days ago)
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
dallasyan
Unhatched Egg

If you catch a spearow when you're running away it screws up the battle against team rocket if your pikachu faints (not sure if covered in first post, but didn't see it in bugs)
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
sohai
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys, I have been playing Ash Gray since a few days ago, now my Pikachu lvl 50, why it won't obey me after it says my Pikachu is exhausted (Ditto episode)???
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:50 AM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohai View Post
Hey guys, I have been playing Ash Gray since a few days ago, now my Pikachu lvl 50, why it won't obey me after it says my Pikachu is exhausted (Ditto episode)???

must of leveled it up too quick or something

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Because you don't have enough badges. It's routine implemented in every Pokémon game.

Old September 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM
alc112
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Your Pikachu is "over levelled" for the amount of badges you have.

Let him rest and start training your other pokemons.
Using the lucky egg charmander comes equippied with is super easy. Just remember not to let charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur evolve.
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:45 AM
pastuleo
Unhatched Egg

I just finished playing the newest download of Ash Gray from the beginning. And it was pretty great. Some things I noticed while playing was: I never got the phone call for the Misty Mermaid event. I had a major problem after the seafoam islands. I had not completed episode 67 showdown at the poke coral or 68 evolution solution and I sailed east killing the guy with the donphan. Going south and did not receive an invitation. Then getting on my raft. Going underwater, appearing at the nurse saying I had no invitation. Kicking me off the island and not having a raft to return. After that I had to reload a previous save, luckily I used multiple save slots rather than just one. So after reviewing what I missed, the second run through went perfectly. When I released my pokemon in front of the nurse on New Island It released my wartortle. However after battling one of the three trainers my wartortle evolved into blastoise. But it still showed I had a wartortle out. In the big fight there were a few pokemon not fighting clones. I went to the indigo plateau, he said It wasn't open, because when I talked to professor oak I didn't get my pokemon back from him because my party was full. So it never registered anything prof oak said. So after feeling like an idiot, I go to the cave and use an escape rope, which put me in the plateau past the guard. So I freak and revert to a previous save. That could have caused problems. So I get my pokemon back from prof oak and then episode 75 bad to the bone played out. Everything else worked fine from there on. However when I looked at a tutorial and realized a pidgeotto would allow me to continue fighting, I redid the whole thing. And when I got to the elite four I about crapped my pants at their pokemon. I'm used to the 251 pokedex. So I rare candy hacked "my pc" and then squashed 'em with infinite rare candied pokemon... lol. I would have liked it if there was a closing ceremony or at least a place for the participation badge on the trainer card or in the key items pocket. Its on the last part of 82 around 16 minutes in. As for my experience with the patch, there was a few sprites that looked out of place but overall I was amazed and enthralled with the experience that was most certainly my childhood. A combination of the gameboy game and the show I watched. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how far you go. Two Thumbs Up.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:50 AM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc112 View Post
Your Pikachu is "over levelled" for the amount of badges you have.

Let him rest and start training your other pokemons.
Using the lucky egg charmander comes equippied with is super easy. Just remember not to let charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur evolve.
you have to restart alc112 and just let charmander evolve all of the way but do NOT evolve squirtile or bulbasaur at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuleo View Post
I just finished playing the newest download of Ash Gray from the beginning. And it was pretty great. Some things I noticed while playing was: I never got the phone call for the Misty Mermaid event. I had a major problem after the seafoam islands. I had not completed episode 67 showdown at the poke coral or 68 evolution solution and I sailed east killing the guy with the donphan. Going south and did not receive an invitation. Then getting on my raft. Going underwater, appearing at the nurse saying I had no invitation. Kicking me off the island and not having a raft to return. After that I had to reload a previous save, luckily I used multiple save slots rather than just one. So after reviewing what I missed, the second run through went perfectly. When I released my pokemon in front of the nurse on New Island It released my wartortle. However after battling one of the three trainers my wartortle evolved into blastoise. But it still showed I had a wartortle out. In the big fight there were a few pokemon not fighting clones. I went to the indigo plateau, he said It wasn't open, because when I talked to professor oak I didn't get my pokemon back from him because my party was full. So it never registered anything prof oak said. So after feeling like an idiot, I go to the cave and use an escape rope, which put me in the plateau past the guard. So I freak and revert to a previous save. That could have caused problems. So I get my pokemon back from prof oak and then episode 75 bad to the bone played out. Everything else worked fine from there on. However when I looked at a tutorial and realized a pidgeotto would allow me to continue fighting, I redid the whole thing. And when I got to the elite four I about crapped my pants at their pokemon. I'm used to the 251 pokedex. So I rare candy hacked "my pc" and then squashed 'em with infinite rare candied pokemon... lol. I would have liked it if there was a closing ceremony or at least a place for the participation badge on the trainer card or in the key items pocket. Its on the last part of 82 around 16 minutes in. As for my experience with the patch, there was a few sprites that looked out of place but overall I was amazed and enthralled with the experience that was most certainly my childhood. A combination of the gameboy game and the show I watched. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how far you go. Two Thumbs Up.
okay dude, your screwed and are gonna have to start way from the beginning and do the events u skipped and also battle the guy who has donaphan, so that means no cheats and only evolve charmander all the way NOT the other pokemon

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
rootbeerone
Unhatched Egg

I'm making a hacked rom of my own and I was just wondering how you made electric attacks effect ground type pokemon?
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
alc112
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster42 View Post
you have to restart alc112 and just let charmander evolve all of the way but do NOT evolve squirtile or bulbasaur at all
But If I let charmander evolve he won't obey me
Right now I finished the Dojo where you have fight with Primeape.
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc112 View Post
But If I let charmander evolve he won't obey me
Right now I finished the Dojo where you have fight with Primeape.
charmeleon and charizard arent supposed to obey you since it is part of the anime it's part of the routine and charizard wont obey you til beta 4.0 is released and you complete the episode "charizard chills" so ergo restart the game and ONLY evolve charmander

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
pastuleo
Unhatched Egg

I know my post was long and confusing pokemonmaster42. I reloaded a previous save to finish the two events I skipped and after I beat the guy with donphan I got the invitation as normal. I also didn't cheat until the very end. I figured it didn't matter anymore since it was the end of the beta. And I didn't need the bulbasaur and squirtle events to complete the game.
I also remember two other glitches I found. One, the sacred ash doesn't have a description. The item behind cinnabar island. Two, when I talked with the nurse after coming out of the water on new island. Her dialogue is messed up. It repeats the same two words twice in a row. I don't remember the exact sentence. But an example of what it looks like is: I was going to going to do something.
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeerone View Post
I'm making a hacked rom of my own and I was just wondering how you made electric attacks effect ground type pokemon?
Remove the Ground type and leave them with Rock only.
Or simply edit the type effectiveness by using some tools.

Old September 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
rootbeerone
Unhatched Egg

What tool would I use to change the type effectiveness?
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeerone View Post
What tool would I use to change the type effectiveness?

i dont think you can but you can change the type of a pokemon by using YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

it can be downloaded here

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/750/

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
rootbeerone
Unhatched Egg

I know that you can because it was done in this hack. I noticed it when battling brock that electric attacks effected his pokemon and i looked in the pokedex and it said that they were both still ground type pokemon. p.s. i already had yape.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:12 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Then i think you should refer to ROM hack making forums or PM Meta if you want to know it
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM
.parado✗
paranormal user

Send a message via Skype™ to .parado✗
I really loved this hack, i had some cool times with it.
What by the way happens if you pass this exam before you come to this island?
Good work, keep it up!
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

/\ /\ /\

You then don't have to collect the rest of the badges, or so it says. But the game will be ruined coz of all the events you'd skip.
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
Good work, keep it up!
Nothing happens... it's just a cool event to complete =D

Old September 29th, 2012, 02:12 AM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
Good work, keep it up!
That is just an event. Nothing happens if you pass or fail it. You still have to earn the badges. More importantly this event must be played in order to access Seafoam Islands.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here