Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
Thanx dude but its in ips form n I need a zip file for my boy emulator or visual boy advance.
Is it that I can use lunar ips in such condition.
You need to use lunar IPS to patch a normal pokemon fire red rom with the pokemon ashgray IPS
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Nature: Relaxed
Ok
I got it.
I have done this before with ruby roms.
So through patching it with fire red rom I can play it.
Anyways thanx.....

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

No... My boy emulator(on android atleast) auto patchs, just make the file names match

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
No... My boy emulator(on android atleast) auto patchs, just make the file names match
I am pretty sure few and if not no PC emulators auto-patch.
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ7777777 View Post
I am pretty sure few and if not no PC emulators auto-patch.
Dude it's a android emulator

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Dude it's a android emulator
I know that`s why I said PC emulators.
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
lalalola2011

Hello there everyone ive just started this pokemon hack and i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to unlock every single event in the game?
I mean i thought you wont ever be able to evolve squirtle/bulbasaur since i think they dont in the anime but turns out you can, so yeah what are the keys to unlock every event? like poke team, battles? (win or lose?), etc... cause i cant go back and watch every episode :$

Thanks in advance!
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Hello there everyone ive just started this pokemon hack and i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to unlock every single event in the game?
I mean i thought you wont ever be able to evolve squirtle/bulbasaur since i think they dont in the anime but turns out you can, so yeah what are the keys to unlock every event? like poke team, battles? (win or lose?), etc... cause i cant go back and watch every episode :$

Thanks in advance!
Here are some tips: never evolve pikachu, bulbasaur, or squirtle. In the veridian forest the Brock battle, catch caterpie, and MAKE SURE TO CATCH PIGIOTO when you find him he is a one time only catch. In the same forest evolve caterpie into a metapod and don't evolve him again until after you leave the forest, squirtle is unskipable and charmander is unmissable but still skip able, but bulbasaur is hidden in a long stretch of grass on your way down from cerulean.( if you see charmander and don't have bulbasaur, GO BACK) evolve charmander during the fight with the magician that hypnotises you and evolve chareleon during the arodactile fight with the mining event ( right after the jiggleypuff event). You can't win to Brock on your first try ( even if you win you will still lose, trust me) besides that every other match you should win and if you are supposed to lose then you get a alternate event but still get the same outcome.( but in the grass type gym battle if you lose you get a thunderstone, but remember not to evolve pikachu) to do the jiggleypuff event buy some berry juice from the house near the lady you battle to help her evolve her Paris) when you see a hord of butterfree you need to give your butterfree a scarf (I think red) and set it free. When you fight a evolved Mankey (forgot name) catch it. When you are givin a invite to a battle with the best pokemon trainer ever (mewtwo movie event) and the ship won't sail because of the storm. Use your raft to surf there. In the Snorlax event chop the trees behind him and talk to Snorlax, then talk to the old man on the rock. If you want to stay cannon give away your evolved mankey(still can't remember name) when you are asked to after winning the fighting tournament with him, lose to Richie( if you don't you will continue on and eventually fight the elite four and champion (not Gary sadly). Hope I helped a little

Last edited by QQQQQQQ7777777; July 13th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
I think I resolved all the issues with the stuff before the Orange Islands that were mentioned. Those who were having problems, please re-patch and let me know (if you already went ahead, warp back to the areas when you can and see if the events are working now):

AshGray 4.1

Thanks for the bug reports!
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Bug: when you steal misty`s bike you can go back in the water and then come back out and continue on with the event without being on the bike

Bug: The water reflection is messed up (Example: Ash`s Backpack is yellow in the water but is supposed to be green and when he is in his PJs the water reflection makes his PJs look purple when they are also supposed to be green. IDK maybe the water just hates green things)

Bug: When you swim in the water during the spearow chase scene when you hop out of the water ash has his in the water sprite until the animation completes. After this (as far as I know) the animation works as normal.

Bug: Waterfalls are messed up

Last edited by QQQQQQQ7777777; July 13th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:19 PM
jordanm3002

Little help? The patching aint working for me. I'm only getting a white screen.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:23 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanm3002 View Post
Little help? The patching aint working for me. I'm only getting a white screen.
the same thing happened to me but I fixed it. Try downloading a new Pokemon FireRed Rom and if that doesn`t work do the previous step and redownload the patch. I also suggest lunar IPS.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Chrisbury

I found 2 bugs. The first one if you heal your pokémon before the race against Cissy she disappears and you can't do the event anymore. The other one if you enter to one of the caves at Navel island you can't get out for some strange reason.
http://www.youtube.com/Chrisbury
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

I need some excuse to post this so I can post pictures of bugs so... I really am enjoying this hack and think you are doing amazing work metapod23!

Check my above post because I have added a few pictures (sorry for posting this just so I can post bug pictures)

Last edited by QQQQQQQ7777777; July 13th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
r0ndo9

uhh, help please ? I can't patch mine, i downloaded a new fire red ROM but still i'm getting white screen . help please . i really love this game .
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ndo9 View Post
uhh, help please ? I can't patch mine, i downloaded a ner fire red ROM but still i'm getting white screen . help please . i really love this game .
I got a white screen the first time I tried but here are my steps I followed to get it working.

1. Download a new FireRed Rom
2. Download Pokemon AshGray Ips
3. (If you already have Lunar Ips or any other Ips patcher skip this step) Download Lunar Ips
4. Launch it
A. If you get a white screen rinse and repeat (Delete and Redownload the Rom and Ips)
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:51 PM
r0ndo9

Quote:
I got a white screen the first time I tried but here are my steps I followed to get it working.

1. Download a new FireRed Rom
2. Download Pokemon AshGray Ips
3. (If you already have Lunar Ips or any other Ips patcher skip this step) Download Lunar Ips
4. Launch it
A. If you get a white screen rinse and repeat (Delete and Redownload the Rom and Ips)

stilL don't work . where did you downloaded your Fire Red Rom ?
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Quote:
Ok.
But which file name should match the other one.
Is it that I should rename the fire red zip rom or should I rename the ash gray ips rom.

Old July 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
Ok.
But which file name should match the other one.
Is it that I should rename the fire red zip rom or should I rename the ash gray ips rom.
not all PC emulators have auto patch, but VBA does. I think It doesn`t matter because if you make the .gba match the .ips then technically the .ips also matches the .gba and visversa
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Pokemon Trainer Ethan
Best Friends

Nature: Jolly
metapod, your not very social outside the hack aren't ya? btw do you have future plans or is this it?
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Hey guys why is it so that whenever I enter a pokecenter in orange islands the screen turns black .
Is it a bug our something.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM
xSabirr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetzaahhh View Post
download the .ips file and LunarIPS

patch the .ips file to the FireRed (U).gba file... (btw I dont use LunarIPS... but u should be able to do it with the info i gave xP... I use another program)
It gives me a white screen when I start it up on my VBA
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Northstar27

I'm the same, I only get a white screen. I've downloaded a new FireRed rom, and I've redownloaded the IPS and it still doesn't work
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
For White Screen: You are using wrong VBA save type... it needs to be 128kB.
Or download VBA-M.

Quote:
I don`t know if he changed this in beta 4 but if you beat ritchie you get to continue to fight the rest of the trainers and if you win you get to fight the elite 4 and champion. So you DO get a alternate timeline if you beat Ritchie
Yeah... probably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Just follow Ash's team from anime and you won't miss anything.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:33 PM
GhostStrategy

I have a video explaining how to download this, feel free to use it if you'd like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbmPyZUXNI

Check out my YouTube! YouTube.com/GhostStrategy
Lot's of Pokémon videos, you can even play on your iPhone!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here