Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Snorlax44

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
No you dont have to restart the game just use your savestate
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
no you don't have to you could patch over your savedone but I'd suggest restart so the game goes smoothly
This signature has been disabled.
your signature is slightly too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:06 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by supperdragon View Post
Thank you for coming back Metapod,i miss you so much!!! But one question,do i have to restart the game?
You might miss something if you do so. But you can play with your old save. Just rename it exactly like the newly patched ROM. Remember the in game save not the save states...
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:48 PM
xSabirr

The Lt. Surge event did not start up for me. Help? I can't battle him any tips or anything?
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:35 PM
SilentHitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSabirr View Post
The Lt. Surge event did not start up for me. Help? I can't battle him any tips or anything?
I just ran down to Vermillion to check this out and he's not in the gym. Is there something else we're supposed to do first?
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:23 AM
P_S_B
Frontier Brain

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saasta View Post
I've tried to patch this games with Lunar IPS and VBA. None of them work. I also downloaded ceveral different kind of roms. Like from coolroms and some Firered 1.0 roms from different locations but still the patching wont work.
Lunar IPS send some kind of error message about bad IPS-file and VBA doesn't say anything but it only shows a white screen after I've loaded the rom.

I've patched dozens of roms so this can't be my fault.
I'm having the exact same problem. Kind of annoying since I want to have a look at the new maps.

Name: [Flareth]
Owner: [P_S_B]
Interests: [Trains, Glitches, Bad Eggs and female flareons]
Get one yourself!
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by reno2799 View Post
Hey where does the beta end? Does it end on route 25 on that island with waterfall after defeating team rocket?
Yes. That's the end.
Congrats... you are one of few people who managed to get it to work and even finished it... :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gposton View Post
Are you going to add the Johto, Hoenn/Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, Unova/Decolora Island, & Kalos arcs into your game?
1) It WON'T fit into one ROM
2) ALL Pokemon WON'T fit into one ROM
3) This hack was made at the same time as Johto Adventures that was abandoned many times... but the point is... Meta planned that this hack will contain only Indigo League and Orange Isle while the Johto will be done in Johto Adventures.

So not in this ROM but in new one maybe... if Meta feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saasta View Post
I've tried to patch this games with Lunar IPS and VBA. None of them work. I also downloaded ceveral different kind of roms. Like from coolroms and some Firered 1.0 roms from different locations but still the patching wont work.
Lunar IPS send some kind of error message about bad IPS-file and VBA doesn't say anything but it only shows a white screen after I've loaded the rom.

I've patched dozens of roms so this can't be my fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHitman View Post
*EDIT*-Got the 1.0 rom you guys were talking about. It works!!! Strange, coolroms never failed me like that but thanks guys and sorry if I annoyed you.
As you can see... this guy here managed to get it to work with FR 1.0.
So your FR 1.0 might not be 1.0 at all...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:46 AM
P_S_B
Frontier Brain

I tried 1.0, tried 1636, tried about 50 other roms and I still can't get past that [buysomeapples] white screen. Can someone tell me the exact filename of a working one?

Get one yourself!
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:29 AM
supperdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHitman View Post
I just ran down to Vermillion to check this out and he's not in the gym. Is there something else we're supposed to do first?
It happened to me when i restarted the game. Can someone help?
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Snorlax44

Which ips patch are you using 4.0 or 4.1 try using 4.0 download at 4shared

Last edited by Snorlax44; July 16th, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:46 AM
reno2799

Thanks Ash493
Yeah the game as far is completed is great hope to see more and more from metapod.
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM
P_S_B
Frontier Brain

I managed to get it to work by patching it to a pre-patched AshGray 3.6.1 (which was from the Fire Red ROM I was getting the error from, so I don't know what's up with that)

The game glitched out at Tangelo Island and Team Rocket kept saying their post-blimp dialogue over and over, creating an infinite loop, however I did explore the new maps using EliteMap and AdvanceMap, and I put together a large map made up of all the map areas combined, and I must say that it matches the official layout of the Orange Islands to a tee. I hope you will find some way to transport Ash to the northern section of the Orange Islands, so any new maps won't overlap areas covered by the existing ones. (if that makes any sense...)

Get one yourself!
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Why am I getting a black screen whenever I enter a pokecenter in orange archipelago.
I can't manage to complete the events.
Even can't continue my journey.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
THMark

Hi there, I've been playing Ash Gray for some time now. Now I'm stuck at the raffle in which you should be able to win a free blimp ride tot Valencia Island. I've tried it about a 100 times, but all I win are healing items. Is this just bad luck? Or do I have to unlock some kind of event first.

I've won the pokemon league, but not challenged any of the elite four yet.

I really hope someone could help me out here. I'm really enjoying the game and I hope it doesn't end for me here!
Thanks in advance
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
reno2799

I am reading the commnets and there are so many bugs,BUT I didnt have that much i had only the girls glich but there had to be LT.Surge thats my only glich
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Snorlax44

you are right i too got that bug reno2799
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_S_B View Post
I tried 1.0, tried 1636, tried about 50 other roms and I still can't get past that [buysomeapples] white screen. Can someone tell me the exact filename of a working one?
Did you happen to set the save type to 128K? Some hacks that have white screen issues when they are not set at the correct save type and don't have the correct rom at all.

I am happy to see that beta 4 is out but I have encountered a huge glitch. I got to Valencia Island and got the GS ball. While I was heading out of Ivy's lab, Team Rocket dragged me and Misty back on the plane and that those events happened. Everything was going smoothly until the Blimp crashed. There must be an error in the script because as soon as Misty leaves, and I tried this a bunch of times to make sure it was an error in the script, Ash is either frozen and you can't control anything but the "help system" found on the firered/leafgreen games and all hacks that use firered/leafgreen as a base, or the script just malfunctions and gets all glitchy, or you obtain an Ultra ball and Ash is frozen.

Poketch

Last edited by Tcoppy; July 16th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
lalalola2011

Hey do i HAVE to evolve charmander during the specific fights of the magician and arodactyl? or can i evolve charmander whenever i want?
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Hey do i HAVE to evolve charmander during the specific fights of the magician and arodactyl? or can i evolve charmander whenever i want?
You can evolve Ash's pokemon whenever you want but some events correspond to certain pokemon, such as "Snow Way Out".

Poketch

Old July 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
lalalola2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
You can evolve Ash's pokemon whenever you want but some events correspond to certain pokemon, such as "Snow Way Out".
ugggh is there like a LIST of the events and how to do them? cuz i wanna do all of em
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
So much fun! You did a great job! :3
X/Y Friend Code: 4313-1485-3689
Friend Safari: Bug ~ Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivillion (I think)

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
What program do you use to open this?
X/Y Friend Code: 4313-1485-3689
Friend Safari: Bug ~ Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivillion (I think)

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers_Albino_Umbreon View Post
What program do you use to open this?
You can use visual boy emulator on your pc.
Just download the ips patch from the first page of the thread and patch it with a clean fire red rom.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
supperdragon

Can someone help me with the LT.Surge bug? I went into the Gym and he wasn't there. I don't know what to do.
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
bshir23

after the pallet town panic party event, i get attacked by fearow and a bunch of spearow. however, i didnt have pidgeotto/pidgeot during that time. how do i get to the next part now?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here