The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishtailPi314 View Post
Nothing is working does anyone have a download walkthrough because I downloaded it but I wont work also what emalutor do I use
Walkthrough is not done yet. And use the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
You just have to download ash gray ips file which is posted on the first page of this thread.patch it with a chan fire red 1.0 rom.
And if you play it in pc or laptop, use visual boy emulator.
For android phone, use my boy emulator.
Clean... not chan...
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:47 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
Can anyone tell me where to go after the snorlax event?
Man that's simple, you just have to keep going west again and you will trigger the next event. I think it was that Eevee Brother's One.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Man that's simple, you just have to keep going west again and you will trigger the next event. I think it was that Eevee Brother's One.
Um... not quite... I think he means Snorlax event on Orange Islands.
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
DeathLord

hi, i just want to say that this is by far the best pokemon hack i ever play, i almost freakout when get stuck in tangelo island but find the problem thanks to Ash493
so just wanna say thanks to Ash493 for be here helping everyone and metapod23 for doing this great hack!!
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:03 AM
heuler012

Nature: Modest
Heyo again , i have a small problem. I had the same problem as many other users. I downloaded the 4.2 beta and at that one organe island it froze. So I downloaded the 4.0 from page 183. Then i tried to use the Lunar ips patcher and patched the 4.0 with an gba file of firered. But i didn´t work the 4.0 is still an ips file, so what do i do?
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Hey I was wondering something. You know that episode where Ash gets a shiny Noctowl? Well, you're going to have to figure out a code to imput into the game to make it shiny by default, if you really are following the anime.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Nature: Relaxed
@ash493 it was just a spelling mistake and I was going to edit it.

I fight team rocket on an island in orange archipelago where thers a waterfall and thats it.
I can't go anywhere else.
Is that the end of this beta.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Snorlax44

Nature: Relaxed
@jesron bans that's the end of beta
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
heuler012

@Konekodemon

I personally wouldn´t mind if Noctowl wasn´t a shiny (if it´s really so hard to make.). Metapod is already doing a great job with the storyline, the details and the design. And who knows how far Metapod plans to countinue the game. Also I think it would be very difficult to add the Jotho-Saga in, since the first editions with Jotho have a worse quality and the newest ones Soulsilver/Heartgold have a better quality when firered.
I also don´t think you could patch ash gray with soulsilver/heartgold/crystal/Gold/Silver since it´s a hack based on firered. But i don´t know anything about hacking, patching etc. so maybe my assumptions are completely wrong =).
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:17 PM
TheRayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuler012 View Post
@Konekodemon

I personally wouldn´t mind if Noctowl wasn´t a shiny (if it´s really so hard to make.). Metapod is already doing a great job with the storyline, the details and the design. And who knows how far Metapod plans to countinue the game. Also I think it would be very difficult to add the Jotho-Saga in, since the first editions with Jotho have a worse quality and the newest ones Soulsilver/Heartgold have a better quality when firered.
I also don´t think you could patch ash gray with soulsilver/heartgold/crystal/Gold/Silver since it´s a hack based on firered. But i don´t know anything about hacking, patching etc. so maybe my assumptions are completely wrong =).
That doesn't matter anyway, because there wouldn't enough space to even finish johto on the rom.
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
In the info he states he's doing Johto though. Unless he changed his mind.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:27 PM
ssbuhan

ye he is doing johto. i have a friend that has a awesome connection to metapod and metapod gave him the extension of 4.2 beta. so pretty much a beta beta. the waterfall diseappears its not apart of the theme or anything but some of the extra episodes are cool. seriously hats off to him.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Hey I was wondering something. You know that episode where Ash gets a shiny Noctowl? Well, you're going to have to figure out a code to imput into the game to make it shiny by default, if you really are following the anime.
1) If Johto's done then it should be in the new beta as it most likely won't fit into this ROM...
2) Shiny event is one of the most easiest things to do with Shinyzer.
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:04 AM
alienhunterx

Can any one help here... I am playing the hack currently at got into the episode where the Balloon crashes in an island and we meet an old couple after walking a bit. There is also a house below them and when I enter it there is an old lady blocking the way and my game freezes there....
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:34 AM
jack123abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Can any one help here... I am playing the hack currently at got into the episode where the Balloon crashes in an island and we meet an old couple after walking a bit. There is also a house below them and when I enter it there is an old lady blocking the way and my game freezes there....
you have to patch the rome on a 4.0 ips the your game wont freeze. Or you could use the walk trough walls cheat and just go trough the threes
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
md_nausheer

Hello!!Please release all events..what to do after the episode "a way off a day off"
Thanks a lot for the game .. At least metapod give us release dates.. are u planning for the johto also..
plz give us the release dates.. Once again Thanks a lot for the hack... Awesome..u rock!!
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM
md_nausheer

whoever are behind this hack thanks a lot.. better than black 2... really...thanks
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:36 AM
zeloskun

Hi! So I am playing AshGrey and have been having an amazing time with this incredible hack! However, I am currently stuck and would love some help. I just made it to Tangelo Island and whenever I try to get past the lady (whenever I enter that building, really) my game freezes. I've looked online and it says there's a walking through walls cheat that could solve this problem, but I am unable to put in the code into my game (I have a mac - yes, I've tried watching videos and following those directions to put in the codes and nothing's helped) . Does anyone have any other solutions or anything? Thank you so much!

(Also, I just saw the response about patching it to a 4.0...I have it patched to 4.2, so would I need to change it, and if so, how would that work with loading my save files and such? Thanks!)

Last edited by zeloskun; September 9th, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Saw response to my question above, addressing that
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
hunter2322

Hello all, I noticed that some moves such as Fire Spin and Giga Drain have changed base powers, and that Rage works like rollout. Does anyone know what other moves are altered?
Old September 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM
heuler012

@zeloskun

Go to page 183. download 4.0 beta posted by metapod. patch it with the fire red rom on the fist page. (IPS Patcher Lunar) Make a Safefile on your desktop of your 4.2. Load it with the 4.0 beta. Then you should be able to get past the old lady.

PS: Many people got the same problem and it was answered not too long ago .
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
zeloskun

Quote:
@zeloskun

Go to page 183. download 4.0 beta posted by metapod. patch it with the fire red rom on the fist page. (IPS Patcher Lunar) Make a Safefile on your desktop of your 4.2. Load it with the 4.0 beta. Then you should be able to get past the old lady.

PS: Many people got the same problem and it was answered not too long ago .
Thanks!

However, I am a little confused on the savefile thing on the desktop...or, at least, loading them with the 4.0. My computer won't let me load the file with a specific .gpa and won't let me open a .sav by itself with VBA. I guess I'm just a little confused with the whole process; using a VBA is actually very recent for me. Thank you for all your help!
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
heuler012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeloskun View Post
Thanks!

However, I am a little confused on the savefile thing on the desktop...or, at least, loading them with the 4.0. My computer won't let me load the file with a specific .gpa and won't let me open a .sav by itself with VBA. I guess I'm just a little confused with the whole process; using a VBA is actually very recent for me. Thank you for all your help!
No problem, I´m also not very experienced with emluators, pachting etc. . I´ll try my best to explain it, hope it will help you =): What emulator do you choose? I´m using Visualboy, because it´s simple to handle. With it you can save your File in an extra File or you can save it in the emulator. You need to use the first way and save it somethere (Safe...). It could be your desktop or your downloads. Then you just need to open your 4.0 beta with the emulator and use "Load..." to open the safefile from your 4.2 beta. I hoped that helped you somehow.

PS: Dont forget that, the you patch 4.0 it will be your firered room that becomes ash gray.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:03 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack123abc View Post
you have to patch the rome on a 4.0 ips the your game wont freeze. Or you could use the walk trough walls cheat and just go trough the threes
Oh yeah had to download that 4.0 ips file then and then 4.2 again after her right?
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
@zeloskun

Go to page 183. download 4.0 beta posted by metapod
I just checked Page 183 but there is no Download link there. Can you just PM me or something? Man I never thought I will be asking this all too
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@alien: You should know "Search this thread" button by now, man...
You are here for some time and you're not same as the noobies...
I quoted Metapod's post somewhere around there as well... just search.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links