The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2010 (11:44 AM).
bertolli
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
GOOOOOOOOOD!ash rulez!but pikachu can evolve!it's not good!i have a raichu now!._."

Old February 17th, 2010 (01:09 PM).
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccool View Post
This is no movie, the hack is based on the weekly episodes of pokemon, the first 2 season of the series. I believe he is going to the end of the orange islands, which will be a very long time before the final beta is posted. My guess that would happen maybe next year, or near the end of this year if we are lucky.

Oops, did I say movie? I meant to say will the hack include the movie storylines? But anyway you already answered my question.
Old February 17th, 2010 (02:20 PM).
Digidestined123
Hacker in training

Location: In a house. In a town. In a state. In a country. On a planet.
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Digidestined123
Hey Metapod23 could you please make this into a winzip file? My VBA won't let me play it. I even tried making a new zip file and adding it, but it wont let me play! >_<
Old February 17th, 2010 (02:25 PM).
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidestined123 View Post
Hey Metapod23 could you please make this into a winzip file? My VBA won't let me play it. I even tried making a new zip file and adding it, but it wont let me play! >_<
1st- download Lunar Ips
2nd- download firered rom
3rd- download the ips patch
4th- patch the firered rom

that should help

Old February 20th, 2010 (01:16 PM). Edited February 20th, 2010 by hashtag.
Digidestined123
Hacker in training

Location: In a house. In a town. In a state. In a country. On a planet.
Send a message via Skype™ to Digidestined123
I can't run this. Hey Metapod23? Could you turn this into a winzip file? I need It to be a Winzip file so that I could use it on my VBA. Elswhere, how do I run this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccool View Post
1st- download Lunar Ips
2nd- download firered rom
3rd- download the ips patch
4th- patch the firered rom

that should help

Thanks. I needed help bad. I couldn't get it to run. Lol.

Um... How do patch Firered? I already have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Some of the screenshots were taken from video that weren't high quality and some of them were captured directly from the game. I do still have a long way to go, but it is progressing bit by bit. Thanks for the comment. :)

I think adding new tiles will be the last thing I do, but I am doing my best to replicate the events of the anime series. I'm editing the overworld sprites myself in Photoshop, which is the easiest way to do it.
Hey, could you please make this into a winzip file so that I can play it on my VBA?
Old February 20th, 2010 (02:30 PM).
chrunch

Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
The mapping needs to be improved, as some of it doesn't look too attractive in the screens. It would look better if you did totally new maps, like CO500's JohtoAdventures, since he did ALL new maps.
your scripting is good, you don't need to improve on that.
As for the Pkmn OWs, maybe you could use HGSS ones?
Your tiles are okay, but could be better.
I can spot some tile errors at route one, and the top right to bottom right is very empty. I'm interested in playing the banned episodes, such as Electric Soldier Porygon, they can't have been easy to do.
Overall, This looks nice, I'll be sure to play it when beta 2 comes.:D
Old February 20th, 2010 (06:04 PM). Edited February 20th, 2010 by AzNmamba.
AzNmamba
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I found a glitch. Or maybe you intended it to happen. In Mt. Moon, you can leave and enter the room with the Moon Stone for unlimited Moon Stones. Sorry if anybody else said it, I just really don't have time for reading 21 pages, lol. And, Seymour disappears from the room.
@Digidestined123, you could just name the rom and the patch the same name (Pokemon Ash Gray.GBA and Pokemon Ash Gray.ips) and put them in the same folder. That should work. And why should he need to make it into a ZIP file? All you do is download,then cut and paste it into the same folder as the ROM.
Old February 20th, 2010 (07:25 PM).
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNmamba View Post
Hey, I found a glitch. Or maybe you intended it to happen. In Mt. Moon, you can leave and enter the room with the Moon Stone for unlimited Moon Stones. Sorry if anybody else said it, I just really don't have time for reading 21 pages, lol. And, Seymour disappears from the room.
@Digidestined123, you could just name the rom and the patch the same name (Pokemon Ash Gray.GBA and Pokemon Ash Gray.ips) and put them in the same folder. That should work. And why should he need to make it into a ZIP file? All you do is download,then cut and paste it into the same folder as the ROM.
you have to patch the ips to the rom, and u have 2 have lunar ips to do this. I did state how to do this to digidestined.

Old February 21st, 2010 (06:09 AM).
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
The mapping needs to be improved, as some of it doesn't look too attractive in the screens. It would look better if you did totally new maps, like CO500's JohtoAdventures, since he did ALL new maps.
your scripting is good, you don't need to improve on that.
As for the Pkmn OWs, maybe you could use HGSS ones?
Your tiles are okay, but could be better.
I can spot some tile errors at route one, and the top right to bottom right is very empty. I'm interested in playing the banned episodes, such as Electric Soldier Porygon, they can't have been easy to do.
Overall, This looks nice, I'll be sure to play it when beta 2 comes.:D
Since the first season is based on the Kanto region, and so is FireRed, I don't see the need to change the maps too much, since they're supposed to reflect the same areas anyway. I've thought about changing the Pokemon OWs, but you still have to resize them and they don't look as nice.
Old February 21st, 2010 (09:33 AM).
mickey43
Mickey

Nature: Calm
Cant wait for 2.0, i already played 1.68, and gotta say i loved it! Keep it up mate

Old February 21st, 2010 (07:10 PM). Edited February 21st, 2010 by AzNmamba.
AzNmamba
Beginning Trainer

Help? Where do you go after the school and the Hidden Village? I looked at LightSlei's walkthrough, and apparently you're supposed to through an underground tunnel, but I can't find it. It's gone... I think I'm trying to go to the Charmander episode. But I can't go there because the house is gone. By the way, I'm talking about the one on Route 5 next to Cerulean City.
Old February 22nd, 2010 (03:49 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

In Route 5 go far west and then go south and enter the forest. Try to catch a Bulbasaur or Oddish since they learn Cut.
Old February 22nd, 2010 (02:41 PM).
AzNmamba
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNmamba View Post
Help? Where do you go after the school and the Hidden Village?
Ummm...as you can see I already went to the Hidden Village and caught both Bulbasaur and Oddish. But what I do after that?
Old February 23rd, 2010 (03:30 PM).
AzNmamba
Beginning Trainer

Ohhhh never mind... I saw a ledge in the Hidden Forest that leads you to Route 6.
Old February 24th, 2010 (12:22 PM).
foreveryone
Beginning Trainer

Nice Game! But How To Download it??

Old February 24th, 2010 (01:03 PM).
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryone View Post
Nice Game! But How To Download it??

uuuhhh...you click on it...on the first post.
Old February 27th, 2010 (12:53 AM).
Dayd111
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Since the first season is based on the Kanto region, and so is FireRed, I don't see the need to change the maps too much, since they're supposed to reflect the same areas anyway. I've thought about changing the Pokemon OWs, but you still have to resize them and they don't look as nice.
Hey, metapod
Are you stilll thinking about having Brock and Misty following you.
After you battle Brock, when the player continues towards Mt. Moon, you should make a script where Brock stops the player from going to Mt. Moon, saying he wants to join your adventure, and Misty will do the same. Just like in the anime, And they should walk ahead of you just like how your rival walks ahead of you.

To actually have Brock and Misty follow you, you should have them walk around in every town, make it seem like they're actually with you.
And making scripts where they come to you and talk to you, after the conversation is done, they both should walk away.
Old February 27th, 2010 (01:25 AM).
Nikorasu
Shut down the devil sound

Nature: Adamant
This is amazing! I can't wait to play it :D
Old March 1st, 2010 (02:50 PM).
jtsoccer18
Beginning Trainer

Hi sorry im kind of a noob at this but how do i get the hack to apply to the fire red emulator because when i use the hack by its self the emulator just crashes or is there something else i need
Old March 2nd, 2010 (03:30 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

If anyone has trouble defeating Brock should catch a Mankey on Route 22, since Mankey learns Low Kick which works on heavy Pokemon like Onix. Does Zubat have a better overworld, since the sprite appearing before Mt. Moon looks flat kinda. I'm guessing the Fighting Dojo and Power Plant are fixed in Beta 2.
Old March 2nd, 2010 (12:37 PM).
Denali
C++ Programmer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsoccer18 View Post
Hi sorry im kind of a noob at this but how do i get the hack to apply to the fire red emulator because when i use the hack by its self the emulator just crashes or is there something else i need
Go to the guide. The links in the first post.
Old March 2nd, 2010 (05:22 PM).
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I'm really looking forward to the whole thing being done. I only play complete hacks. I love hacks based on the anime.
Old March 2nd, 2010 (07:12 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2010 by metapod23.
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Pokémon AshGray Beta 2.0 is now available:

Pokémon AshGray Version - Beta 2.0

The Beta goes up to episode 50 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi. I've done my best to fix all the bugs or errors that I found, though I'm sure some new ones will have crept up. I've also added/updated some events from the old beta, including Virdian Forest and St. Anne, so I do recommend starting over if you've already played it.

Feel free to let me know what bugs you find or any improvements you think should be made.

Thanks!
Old March 2nd, 2010 (07:34 PM).
Denali
C++ Programmer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Pokémon AshGray Beta 2.0 is now available:

Pokémon AshGray Version - Beta 2.0

The Beta goes up to episode 50 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi. I've done my best to fix all the bugs or errors that I found, though I'm sure some new ones will have crept up. I've also added/updated some events from the old beta, including Virdian Forest and St. Anne, so I do recommend starting over if you've already played it.

Feel free to let me know what bugs you find or any improvements you think should be made.

Thanks!
Awesome Metapod!
I'll play through it once then continue the guide....
Old March 3rd, 2010 (03:04 AM).
kotinvaoai
Beginning Trainer

complete this beta then. to ask when a new version up again? :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links