Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old December 5th, 2013 (08:10 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by zakus:
I have played PokemonAshGray3.61.GBA, and when I finished Pokemon League i can't go to orange island. So I download Ash Gray 4.2, but can I copy save from older version to new?
I playing for PokemonAshGray3.61.GBA not patching files fire red.
You should be able to play your old save, just be careful if you encounter some game crashing bug... if you do, it's best to replay the game.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 6th, 2013 (06:11 AM).

Hi, playing through this hack for the second time, its absolutely awsome!
I was wondering if there is any hack of any other region so you can play through it as ash?
This is the hack of season 1, so have season 2 or 3 ever been made into a rom by someone? would really appretiate if anyone knows of any completed versions :D
Old December 6th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
8 badges in Kanto, I have 10

Quote originally posted by mrpotatohead:
Hi, playing through this hack for the second time, its absolutely awsome!
I was wondering if there is any hack of any other region so you can play through it as ash?
This is the hack of season 1, so have season 2 or 3 ever been made into a rom by someone? would really appretiate if anyone knows of any completed versions :D
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I only know of a couple of incomplete hacks for the johto adventures. I do not know of any hacks that have tried for later seasons.
Old December 6th, 2013 (06:14 PM).
The Storm of Friendship

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Astraea
Hi, playing through this hack for the second time, its absolutely awsome! I was wondering if there is any hack of any other region so you can play through it as ash? This is the hack of season 1, so have season 2 or 3 ever been made into a rom by someone? would really appretiate if anyone knows of any completed versions :D
Yes , i am making one like that, just wait a few days for is opening and its name is johto league showdown.

'There is no age for evolution, when it comes to evolving yourself into a better person'
Old December 7th, 2013 (03:43 AM).
ℬeta tester

Heya, it's been a long time since I completed AshGray, 2 years ago? :D Just wanted to say I enjoyed it a lot and i'm just wondering when this will be completely finished, if you even have a completion date for it yet? (:

Pokemon Chaos Supporter

Pokemon Deep Balance supporter

Don't be worried about me, you hear?

Old December 7th, 2013 (04:41 AM).

Quote originally posted by IndianCharizard#:
Yes , i am making one like that, just wait a few days for is opening and its name is johto league showdown.
That sounds pretty awsome, assuming it all goes fairly succesfully how long do you think it would be till you had a complete game?(basically so you can face the elite 4)
Old December 7th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
The Storm of Friendship

That sounds pretty awsome, assuming it all goes fairly succesfully how long do you think it would be till you had a complete game?(basically so you can face the elite 4)
It Would be covering anime seasons 3,4,5 and i don't think Elite Four will be in that game because it would be Johto League on Mt Silver not Indigo Plateau!

'There is no age for evolution, when it comes to evolving yourself into a better person'
Old December 7th, 2013 (06:55 AM).
The Storm of Friendship

Quote originally posted by Janinaa:
Heya, it's been a long time since I completed AshGray, 2 years ago? :D Just wanted to say I enjoyed it a lot and i'm just wondering when this will be completely finished, if you even have a completion date for it yet? (:
It's Never Fixed , Even Metapod Don't Know when he can Release next Beta so have Patience!

Old December 7th, 2013 (07:37 AM).
ℬeta tester

It's Never Fixed , Even Metapod Don't Know when he can Release next Beta so have Patience!
Okay, that's cool. I'm being patient. (:

Pokemon Chaos Supporter

Pokemon Deep Balance supporter

Don't be worried about me, you hear?

Old December 7th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

It Would be covering anime seasons 3,4,5 and i don't think Elite Four will be in that game because it would be Johto League on Mt Silver not Indigo Plateau!
E4 wasn't in anime so it should be omitted =)

Old December 7th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Pallet Trainer

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to ViralHatred
Theres a bug in the orange island when you crash the blimp balloon thing,go through the backdoor of the building with the old lady and the game crashes even with the front door it crashes.does this happen to everyone?
Old December 7th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by ViralHatred:
Theres a bug in the orange island when you crash the blimp balloon thing,go through the backdoor of the building with the old lady and the game crashes even with the front door it crashes.does this happen to everyone?
This question has been answered so many times. But instead of telling you to look for the answer, I'm just going to tell you. That bug occurs only in beta 4.2. To get past it, use walkthrough walls, or download beta 4.0 on page 183.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old December 7th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I will be looking forward to that. After Johto Adventures failed i was disappointed. So I hope you complete this one.
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:41 PM).

Please tell me I haven't **** it up! I've done the MewTwo event, and in this second I notice that I don't have the Raft... and I must go to Seafoam Islands yet. No save, and overwritten emulator quicksave.

I DON'T want to play the whole game for 3rd time... specially because I almost have all Kanto pokemons...
Old December 8th, 2013 (02:06 AM).

Hi! I played Ash Gray(maybe v 3.61 but i'm not sure) on GpSPhone, out of the Diglett's cave probably i forgot an event and when Team Rocket tried to battle me the game have frozen,
I can't move my character and do nothing but music is still playing.
Like a dumb i saved the game..
How can i do??
I don't want to restart the game
I only have one other save-game but in this one i let charmender evolves in charmeleon before beating Sabrina, i would respect the order of events like the anime
Old December 9th, 2013 (03:22 AM).

I hope that Metapod is going to release the next beta. I can't wait. :D
Old December 9th, 2013 (06:04 AM).
The Storm of Friendship

Quote originally posted by Karl92:
Hi! I played Ash Gray(maybe v 3.61 but i'm not sure) on GpSPhone, out of the Diglett's cave probably i forgot an event and when Team Rocket tried to battle me the game have frozen,
How can i do??
I only have one other save-game but in this one i let charmender evolves in charmeleon before beating Sabrina, i would respect the order of events like the anime
That Happened Because after afterpassing the diglett cave 1st time you must have talked to diglett and not going further, go back to the Builder, Who will then give you soft sand and then that team Rocket Battle would have Happened Correctly!
My Advice if you want to play the Hack according to anime then Restart!

Old December 9th, 2013 (06:08 AM).
The Storm of Friendship

Quote originally posted by Satoshi Ookami:
E4 wasn't in anime so it should be omitted =)
Yes , Exactly b'cause I Never Saw Elite Four in any league Tournament(Indigo League,Johto League) in the anime

Old December 9th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
The Storm of Friendship

Quote originally posted by supperdragon:
I hope that Metapod is going to release the next beta. I can't wait. :D
Bro I am as Exited as You are but we will have t wait and Beleive that Metapod can Finish it,Which he will Unless he Quits!

Old December 9th, 2013 (06:41 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Bro I am as Exited as You are but we will have t wait and Beleive that Metapod can Finish it,Which he will Unless he Quits!
Do not multiple post...

Quote originally posted by Karl92:
How can i do??
Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Old December 9th, 2013 (07:38 PM).
The Storm of Friendship

[Quote =Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

It matters because you will miss him in the episode - A snow way out!

Old December 10th, 2013 (06:39 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

It matters because you will miss him in the episode - A snow way out!
You will just miss his OW sprite, I was talking about event consistency and Charmander won't affect the event as a whole.

Old December 10th, 2013 (08:17 AM).

That Happened Because after afterpassing the diglett cave 1st time you must have talked to diglett and not going further, go back to the Builder, Who will then give you soft sand and then that team Rocket Battle would have Happened Correctly!
My Advice if you want to play the Hack according to anime then Restart!
Do not multiple post...

Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
Thank you both! I followed your advice Satoshi, i'm too lazy for restart the game at this point, maybe i'll do after i finish it for the first time
You will just miss his OW sprite, I was talking about event consistency and Charmander won't affect the event as a whole.
Yes, charmender's sprite didn't appear in the cave but doesn't matter.

Another question: why my pikachu won't obey after "goodby pikachu" event?
I realease pikachu with others and then he followed me out of the forest, but now usually won't obey
Old December 10th, 2013 (05:59 PM).

Just finished the Beta 4.2 version of the game. Amazing. As said by many, the only bug I've found is the one after crashing in the second island in Orange. But, I got the 4.0 version and it all worked out.

The only thing I was kind sad was that it was impossible to catch the Crystal Onix. I know that in the anime Ash didn't catch it, but... well... I would love to have that Onix in the team.

Thanks Metapod for the amazing hack. And congrats on your work. I hope you find the time and motivation to finish it. I'm looking forward to it.
Old December 10th, 2013 (06:04 PM).

Ok so I made It to the orange archipelago and got to the part where ash and misty get stuck on the island and there is a building that whenever i walk into this building my game freezes. I know that you have to activate a walk through walls code to get around it but none of them work for Visual Boy advance for mac so can anyone help me or give me a code that they used?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)