Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Sato
N'cha!

Send a message via AIM to Sato Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sato
I was just thinking, if you're going to do something like add extra opponents to the League Tournament after Ritchie, would something like say... Adding the Emerald Frontier Brains as bonus post-game bosses be difficult? I mean, since the anime version was set in Kanto, it could be a fun extra.
This signature would be blank if not for this sentence telling you that this signature would be blank if not for this sentence.
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:17 AM
JESmith
Beginning Trainer

Well, for the opponents after Richie here's some suggestions:
For the three opponents between Richie and the Elite Four, you could use the girl with the Ivysaur who defeated Richie, then the girl trainer from FR/LG, and then the FR/LG boy trainer. (Maybe name the girl something like Greene and the boy Red and have their teams made up of the exclusive Pokemon for each version.

Like the girl's team could be Venusaur, Magmar, Sandslash, Slowbro, Pinsir, and Wigglytuff (Not a verison exclusive, but part of her magna team)

The boy's could be like Charizard, Vileplume, Golduck or Cloyster, Electabuzz, Scyther, and Arbok.

OR you could go a limb and give them one Johto Pokemon on their team, like give the girl Misdreavus in place of Wigglytuff and the boy Skarmory instead of Arbok.

You could also make the FR/LG trainers the other two from Pallet (I know that Oak mentions in one episode that the other trainers from Pallet dropped out, but since you're not following it 100% with things like the post-Richie opponents, maybe you could make this small change)

Last edited by JESmith; May 6th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I get Jigglypuff to start singing?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
How do I get Jigglypuff to start singing?
I think I've already said it O.o
Give him Berry Juice.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Sato
N'cha!

Send a message via AIM to Sato Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sato
Another thought about the post-Ritchie League opponents, while the girl who beat Ritchie is an obvious choice for round 6, the remaining two rounds could be perhaps the person who beat Gary and maybe then Paul? I mean, Paul did supposedly compete in the Indigo League well before the Sinnoh arc.

Then again, a problem with using him is the fact that Torterra would most likely be an important part of his team... I know Pokémon Brown managed to add lots of Pokémon that weren't in Gen I to the game, but is there any room for such an addition in Gen III? Other than that though, almost any of his Pokémon from the show (or their pre-evolutions) would fit in fine.
This signature would be blank if not for this sentence telling you that this signature would be blank if not for this sentence.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Here are the errors I found:

-All characters that appeared in the anime should get unique VS sprites. It's unnerving seeing Samurai as a BUG CATCHER...
-The Jigglypuff in the Pewter Pokémon Center should say its English name, not its Japanese one (Purin)
-There aren't any good options for facing Brock... maybe his Onix should get an ability that allows electric attacks to hit
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:54 PM
robbo5002
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Rash
Pretty good so far. Keep up the good work :D
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM
JESmith
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post

-All characters that appeared in the anime should get unique VS sprites. It's unnerving seeing Samurai as a BUG CATCHER...
-The Jigglypuff in the Pewter Pokémon Center should say its English name, not its Japanese one (Purin)
-There aren't any good options for facing Brock... maybe his Onix should get an ability that allows electric attacks to hit
Electric attacks work on Rock-types in this hack. Just make sure Brock beats you once so you can get the Light Ball from the guy in the new house on the edge of the city below the exit.
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
TheDonMaister
This is not His World its Mine

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheDonMaister
Hey Metapod23. Played through the current Beta and thought that it wsa amazing. I was wondering if there was going to be any new screenies soon
Hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
They are just your wishes not exactly errors =)

Quote:

Samurai is just character of the day. If Metapod was doing sprites for all CotD then there wouldn't be space in ROM.

Quote:
Well you can pwn him with electric attacks
It's made that way =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old May 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
shiyako

maybe metapod doesn't make vesion 2.2 . T_T
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:10 AM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESmith View Post
Electric attacks work on Rock-types in this hack. Just make sure Brock beats you once so you can get the Light Ball from the guy in the new house on the edge of the city below the exit.
GROUND TYPES. IT WORKS ON GROUND TYPES.

Electric attacks always work on Rock types. It's Ground types that are immune.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:22 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman324 View Post
GROUND TYPES. IT WORKS ON GROUND TYPES.

Electric attacks always work on Rock types. It's Ground types that are immune.
They don't work on Ground-types, though, I just removed the secondary Ground-type from some of the rock Pokemon like the Geodude family, Onix family, and Rhyhorn family.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
mattman324

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
They don't work on Ground-types, though, I just removed the secondary Ground-type from some of the rock Pokemon like the Geodude family, Onix family, and Rhyhorn family.
I was simply noting that, in terms of what it would seem, it works on pokemon who are Ground.

Spoiler:
What you should have done was give Pikachu an attack that LOOKS like Electric in every way, but hurts Ground types. You'd have to recreate all the attacks, and change Pika to this "Faux electric" type, but it would work

Also, there should be a way to hurt Brock's pokemon without forcing people to use Pika. BEFORE you flame me everyone, remember that SOME of us like using other pokemon.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Agent Wes
Beginning Trainer

sorry to be the odd one out but how do i play i downnloaded it and now it dont seem to work is this for the VBA or do i download something else?

Last edited by Agent Wes; May 13th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:18 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
@wes
read the stickied thread that says "how to play hacks"
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=253113
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Also, there should be a way to hurt Brock's pokemon without forcing people to use Pika. BEFORE you flame me everyone, remember that SOME of us like using other pokemon.
It's anime hack you should follow anime's principles
So you should use Pikachu and other Ash's Pokemon.

Old May 14th, 2010, 04:52 AM
mattman324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's anime hack you should follow anime's principles
So you should use Pikachu and other Ash's Pokemon.
Tell that to my Ash's quest team of Gengar, Porygon2, Butterfree, Fearow, Sandslash, and Gyarados. (Yeah, he had Butterfree, but he also got rid of it)

And "Ash's other pokemon" SHOULD be able to defeat him, but Butterfree doesn't get confusion at level 10. Or anywhere close. Which means you end up having to grind for ages if you don't want to use the rat.

Old May 14th, 2010, 05:02 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Tell that to my Ash's quest team of Gengar, Porygon2, Butterfree, Fearow, Sandslash, and Gyarados. (Yeah, he had Butterfree, but he also got rid of it)

And "Ash's other pokemon" SHOULD be able to defeat him, but Butterfree doesn't get confusion at level 10. Or anywhere close. Which means you end up having to grind for ages if you don't want to use the rat.
You can catch a Mankey or Sandshrew on Route 1, they're just really rare. It's not meant to force you to use Pikachu, as much as be true to the events of the anime. Ash's Butterfree never learned confusion, so the battle with Brock was a lot tougher for him.

In the new beta I'm working on, the battle with Misty forces you to not use Pikachu, so that helps with the not having to abuse Pikachu thing. But overall, the game is meant to be challenging in a way that Ash was challenged and had difficulties in the anime.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Are you renovating previous episode events and making new episode events, or are you renovating first? Also the border of Mt. Moon is weird since it has the pressure switches as the border. Why not have the Cerulean Cave tileset in Mt. Moon since it has water? You don't have to though. Is the Bill's Lighthouse map gonna be edited? Because when you enter it you come from stairs even tough you entered through a door. Anyways, nice looking ROM Hack!
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Copyright Infringement.
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:39 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Are you renovating previous episode events and making new episode events, or are you renovating first? Also the border of Mt. Moon is weird since it has the pressure switches as the border. Why not have the Cerulean Cave tileset in Mt. Moon since it has water? You don't have to though. Is the Bill's Lighthouse map gonna be edited? Because when you enter it you come from stairs even tough you entered through a door. Anyways, nice looking ROM Hack!
I'm renovating first. I started work on a couple new episodes, then switched to fixing up the old ones after I figured out how to insert new sprites with JPAN's engine. Everything will be essentially the same, but the episode events should look a lot nicer and be more accurate to the anime.

And yes, most of the trainers are getting new dialogues.

EDIT: Update, Butterfree event updated with new sprites video:

Last edited by metapod23; May 15th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Bankaisnotgreat
Beginning Trainer

You can make the jessie-james battle a double battle.As it is in the anime both fight together.
and please make events for caterpie and pidgeotto....
anyways,it's a great hack
Keep it up:D
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Very cute event metapod =)
And sad as well :/ By the way you should make other Butterfrees fly away as well.

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:39 AM
KFO
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know how to work the game?
I downloaded it and I do not know how to work it
Please Help
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:27 AM
ze_p3dr0
Beginning Trainer

after the battle with aerodactyl and the healing of pikachu on the hospital, i'm "stucked" on route 20, jesse and james runned off, jigglypuff is no longer there.
what am i supposed to do now?
PS: If you use teleport form kadabra instead of going to the latest healing center you are redirected to five island :s
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links