Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 30th, 2010 (07:36 PM).
Team Unova

Am curious... does the new beta have the change in Ash's backsprite and the grass? Or is that something you are thinking of tackling in a later project?

Cause you said that you were thinking of changing both
Old July 30th, 2010 (10:46 PM).
Team Hoenn

um, I made Bulbasaur and charmander faint, is there anyway of getting them back?
Old July 30th, 2010 (10:58 PM).
3181 0814 1066
Team Johto

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to juxta
No you cannot, there's a squirtle event coming up? I think you'll be fine with a different fire type. But bulbasaurs sleep powder and leech seed is a very good combo in my opinion.
Old July 31st, 2010 (12:14 AM).
Unofficial Game Tester
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by metapod23:
I really hope this will be better than Ash's Quest. That seems more like a Fire Red edit adding some anime elements than it does a new game unto itself. I don't know if this will ever be nominated for Hack of the Month - I kinda doubt it.
ash quest was ok i played the hole game wasnt able to do much after the elite 4 other then get mewto..... this is the best hack i played keep the good work up hope to see the next ips soon.... when you patch the ips well you be able to start from your old save or do you have to start a new game after you patch the ips ?
Old July 31st, 2010 (12:57 AM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
First it's great to see that you have all episodes remaked Metapod =) And it'll be surely useful to make a playthrough... even though it's pretty easy if you remember first anime season =D
Second why you all always compare similar hacks? It doesn't matter whether Ash's Quest or AshGray is better. Both hacks' creators made a great effort and both deserve praise. So it'd really be better if you stopped comparing. This is thread about AshGray and AshGray only
And third siper you were uselessly overreacting. If your hack were in progress and famous I'd understand your reaction but in the state it is now it was useless to blame Metapod.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 31st, 2010 (02:00 AM).
3181 0814 1066
Team Johto

Don't get me wrong ashgray and ash's quest are both good hacks.
But playing ash gray, and then playing ash's quest. If we were to compare ash gray by a mile win's (In my opinion).
But as ash said, no need to compare.
Both people have/are put alot of effort into these projects, and both deserve maximum praise.
Old July 31st, 2010 (05:53 AM).
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by juxta:
No you cannot, there's a squirtle event coming up? I think you'll be fine with a different fire type. But bulbasaurs sleep powder and leech seed is a very good combo in my opinion.
oh......anyone have GS codes so i can get them? I'm assuming that some events won't activate with out them so that's why I really wan't them.
Old July 31st, 2010 (04:14 PM).
Mudkip Master
Team Sinnoh

Hi i have got all the way to sunny city and the imate house with the Ditto Girl. I went to leave and my game froze. I saved and the control pad and A B and start all dont work. I dont want to have to start again I need help! Will a new patch fix it?
Old August 1st, 2010 (10:15 AM).
Team Hoenn

Nature: Jolly
after i finished all the task till the james and jessiebell part, where should i go and what should i do??
Old August 1st, 2010 (10:30 AM). Edited August 1st, 2010 by metapod23.
Hardened Trainer
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by pokelj:
Hi i have got all the way to sunny city and the imate house with the Ditto Girl. I went to leave and my game froze. I saved and the control pad and A B and start all dont work. I dont want to have to start again I need help! Will a new patch fix it?
A few people have mentioned this. If you're using beta 2.1, you might try an earlier version, and use that for when you're on that route. Or just wait a little longer for 2.5 to be released.

Quote originally posted by sohai:
after i finished all the task till the james and jessiebell part, where should i go and what should i do??
There's a part toward the north where you can battle a boy and his Farfetch'd - and if you continue west and have Togepi in your party, Misty will battle you. Then the beta's done.

EDIT: Halfway through beta-testing the next release. I should be able to get back to it again tomorrow evening.
Old August 1st, 2010 (01:11 PM).
Mudkip Master
Team Sinnoh

Thanks metapod I guess ill wait
Old August 1st, 2010 (01:26 PM). Edited August 1st, 2010 by Slimt.
Team Sinnoh

This is awesome! Hope I will get Squirtle & Charmander and all those Pokémon Ash have x) Ty for making this awesome hack :D xD
Here's some bugs:
-I just started up the game... I clicked on NEW NAME for Gary and clicked OK, then his face turned GREEN what??
Also, If you do the same to your name, Oak gives you totally random name :O (Maybe not a bug though)
-When I used the TV after I woke up the game froze And the sign in your room is blank o-o'
-A Researcher on the second floor of the Museum in Pewter City talks with blanks, if you press "A" enough times, he let's you free though :3 Maybe it would be the same thing with the TV in your room :O
-You can go back to Mt. Moon and take the Moon Stone how many times you want

Just thought you might want to know ^-^ keep at it! :D

Things to fix, Possibly:
-It looked really weird when the sprite changed to overworld (more weird then the other games xD)
Wow Ho-Oh isnt facing the direction it's going, like a crab x)
-There never WAS any Bedrills :O (Stupid Samurai....)
-The Researcher who got chased by a Zubat, after you completed the Mt. Moon event, I think he should change dialog to something like "Thank you for chasing off Team Rocket!". However this isnt noticeable unless you go back all the way to the beginning where he is xD

Suggestions of things to add:
-I think it would be cool if there was a Caterpie & Pidgeotto overworld thingy and you say something like "Hey Look, Its a CATERPIE/PIDGEOTTO!" :3 in the same way as the Pidgey at the beginning of the game
-Hmm maybe when you defeat Brock, his dad will come in the gym and talk to him?

But yeah this is progressing hack :3 Sorry for complaining
This is WAY better then Pokémon Thunder Yellow / Pokémon Bolt Yellow / Pokémon Lightning Yellow X3

EDIT: I might be updating this list while playing if you you dont mind? :D
Old August 1st, 2010 (02:59 PM).
not a beginner trainer :P
Team Unova

why not use the HG SS Ho-oh sprite so it doesn't look like it's flying sideways?
Old August 1st, 2010 (04:59 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by Super Ultra Mega Charizard:
why not use the HG SS Ho-oh sprite so it doesn't look like it's flying sideways?
:O Thats cleaver! Ho-Oh DO have a side-overworld-sprite in HG/SS x) If it'd be able to port that over, I have no idea xd

Well, It is either that or Make his own sprite Or make it fly forward instead, but that'd be lame :3
Old August 1st, 2010 (08:23 PM).
Team Hoenn

hey metapod, great hack. ive played quite a few rom hacks on this forum and yours is definitely one of the best. keep up the good work!

just a minor suggestion, could you change the pokedex menu option to dexter? then maybe dexter could talk like he does in the anime for the scripted events. idk if this is too much work, or even feasible, but it just popped into my head. keep it up!
Old August 2nd, 2010 (01:49 AM).
Team Hoenn

Hey metapod23, when do u release the latest beta? here are some suggestions..
1. Could u make the pikachu follow behind ash in the game?
2. Could u continue to make ur hacked version till 100+ episode means ash reach another region?
3. Could u make bulbasaur and squirtle not to evolved? because based on the story, the only pokemon that evolved is charmander..
4. The pokemon evolved is not based on its level, but based on the story, so u need to increase their attack and defence more a little bit each time the level increase.
5. I think the land is too vacant, could you put more buildings and people in it?
6. The task based on the game is optional to play, could you put it coherently? Example: If Ash did not go to the cabin of that samurai guy, he never gets his metapod back (If the player hav catched metapod, and his metapod have been snatched by beedril swarm in the hacked version)
7. Could Brock and Misty also follow ash in the journey?
Thanks a lot because the game is fantastic.
Hoped u could accept my suggestions..
Old August 2nd, 2010 (04:14 AM).
Team Unova

1 and 4 and 7 I don't think are possible
Old August 2nd, 2010 (06:15 AM).
Team Hoenn

I think Brock's should be outside of the Gym waiting for you after being beaten by brock, to take you to the power plant, if brock and misty could follow you around could be very nice too :D
Old August 2nd, 2010 (06:20 AM).
3181 0814 1066
Team Johto

It could be possible, but i don't think with the Fire-red engine..
Old August 2nd, 2010 (06:30 AM).
Team Unova

well anything is possible but it would require very advanced hacking into the games engine
Old August 2nd, 2010 (06:48 AM).
Team Kanto

I've got a question:

Im pretty far with 2.1. If 2.5 is released do i have to start all over? It would suck to start all over every time a new beta is released ...
Old August 2nd, 2010 (06:54 AM).
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by Super Ultra Mega Charizard:
well anything is possible but it would require very advanced hacking into the games engine
What i mean is those pokemon that only catched by ash in the story. the others remain the same as evolved based on level..
Old August 2nd, 2010 (07:00 AM).
/)^3^(\
Team Unova
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
That's how ROM Hacks work, and I think you'll have to restart for Beta 2.5. As for sohai, I don't think Pikachu, Misty, or Brock should follow you, the game is going to have the first two seasons when it's finished, if you don't want Pokemon to evolve press B. However I think there should be more buildings in places like Sunny Town and Neon Town. Just have houses with no doors or locked doors. Neon Town had a restaurant and market in the anime, so use Celadon's Restraunt and probably Lavender Pokemart. I'm not forcing metapod23 to include these, but these are just ideas.
Old August 2nd, 2010 (08:24 AM).
Hardened Trainer
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Slimt:
:O Thats cleaver! Ho-Oh DO have a side-overworld-sprite in HG/SS x) If it'd be able to port that over, I have no idea xd

Well, It is either that or Make his own sprite Or make it fly forward instead, but that'd be lame :3
This has already been done for beta 2.5. I've inserted around 40 HG/SS Pokemon sprites. A few of the other suggestions have already been implemented too.
Old August 3rd, 2010 (10:53 AM). Edited August 3rd, 2010 by SonicBlazePlatinum.
/)^3^(\
Team Unova
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Interesting using Heart Gold ans Soul Silver sprites. Are the Pokemon sprites going to be changed too, or be kept the same? The same thing for trainer sprites like Lass and Youngster. I'm guessing that Beta 2.5 ends differently, especially since it contains three new episodes. I can't wait to play Beta 2,5 so I should wait until you're done testing it first though.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links