The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:45 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoccino View Post
I updated beta 2.5z but when i open the game when I try to mov i get teleported to the safari zone... then i can't do anything because i don't have the bicicle... what can i do?
This happens because the variable used for the walking script in JPAN's hacked engine was the same as the one used for the St. Anne leaving. As a result, if you have an old save file, that variable will be set, which will activate the walking script for the Safari Zone count. My only advice is to hack the game yourself, or else start a new save file.

What you'd need to do is download A-Map and XSE. Open up the Safari Zone map (where the warden is before you enter) and place a sprite directly in front of the area where you appear. Write a script in XSE for the sprite like:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x407e 0x0
warp (I forget all the warp bytes needed, but XSE will tell you - just convert the map numbers to hex)
waitstate
end
Open the game, get warped to the Safari Zone, talk to the sprite, get warped back to the map you want to be at, and continue play as normal. I'm sorry but that's the only way to fix this problem using an old save file.
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:14 AM
spoccino
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
This happens because the variable used for the walking script in JPAN's hacked engine was the same as the one used for the St. Anne leaving. As a result, if you have an old save file, that variable will be set, which will activate the walking script for the Safari Zone count. My only advice is to hack the game yourself, or else start a new save file.

What you'd need to do is download A-Map and XSE. Open up the Safari Zone map (where the warden is before you enter) and place a sprite directly in front of the area where you appear. Write a script in XSE for the sprite like:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x407e 0x0
warp (I forget all the warp bytes needed, but XSE will tell you - just convert the map numbers to hex)
waitstate
end
Open the game, get warped to the Safari Zone, talk to the sprite, get warped back to the map you want to be at, and continue play as normal. I'm sorry but that's the only way to fix this problem using an old save file.
O.M.G. I haven't understood anything.... XD
well, don't mind... i'll keep this version even if i've just completed all the things i could do.. more or less when will you update a new version? (it's only curiosity...)
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:24 AM
hycom
Beginning Trainer

can somebody help me...I downloaded all 6 files and none of them worked on my VBA.
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:54 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hycom View Post
can somebody help me...I downloaded all 6 files and none of them worked on my VBA.
You have to patch the file. This is what stickies are for.
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Ashdejan
TheForbiddenBeast

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashdejan Send a message via Skype™ to Ashdejan
Guys i am stuck i cant go to Vermilion cuz the guard says there is sth going on in Cerulian i talked to EVERYONE there and nothing i did the AJ,Secret Village and that fancy school missions do we have to do them in order or what also i hacked my way to vermilion will that affect the game later on?

Old August 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Konor
Unhatched Egg

Im stuck in Saffron. I came in from route 7 and Ive talked to everyone and did everything. What do I do?

Nevermind that, I found my way to Lavander. What do I do after I defeat Sabrina?

Last edited by Konor; August 12th, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdejan View Post
Guys i am stuck i cant go to Vermilion cuz the guard says there is sth going on in Cerulian i talked to EVERYONE there and nothing i did the AJ,Secret Village and that fancy school missions do we have to do them in order or what also i hacked my way to vermilion will that affect the game later on?
/facepalm
you're supposed to do the bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander and krabby episodes before going to vermillion.
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:17 AM
rickym
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hycom View Post
hycom what does it say when u try an play the game
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:18 AM
spoccino
Beginning Trainer

hi everybody.. I have to defeat koga's gym but i don't know how to pass the wall inside the gym... what can i do?
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
There are two errors I found. The first is, when your in the hidden village, if you use an escape rope, you'll be on Three Island and it will be all glitched up. The second is in Sabrina's gym. That guy that you battle before Sabrina if you lose to him, the next time you enter the gym it lets you go straight to Sabrina, instead of battling him again.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:56 PM
moonlight kitsune of the night sky
the guardian of the night sky

This hack is great! i like how you used items to replace Hms and other things that would normally be required.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Ashdejan
TheForbiddenBeast

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashdejan Send a message via Skype™ to Ashdejan
Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post

/facepalm
you're supposed to do the bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander and krabby episodes before going to vermillion.
I know i used rope in hidden village and got teleported to somwhere with lv 30+ pokemons when i go through the portal i am back in village then on the route to Celadon.But anyway from Vermilion i went up and did squirtle,charmander and krabby episodes so anyway i finished it

Old August 14th, 2010, 02:56 AM
rydahknight
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Im lovin the hack its a great game keep up the good work
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:33 AM
cloud_felipe
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cloud_felipe Send a message via Yahoo to cloud_felipe Send a message via Skype™ to cloud_felipe
great hack room!!!! downloading!

Last edited by cloud_felipe; August 14th, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:48 AM
papegot
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I need the answer. Hi Metapod. Your version AshGray is AMAZING. I watched the entire season 1 of Pokémon as a kid and I still watch it from time to time. The game you've made is something I've been dreaming about since childhood and trhanks to you, I could finally play a Pokémon game which resembled the feel and awesomess of the Cartoon/Animé. Thank you

I recently heard of this game and I downloaded the newest version: Beta 2.5 After I gave a Meowth to Timmy in the pre-school it seemed like the game ended. I was walking left which was just a BIG space of grass which ended with trees and I couldn't go further in the game. Then I checked your episode list where it says which episodes have been done and put in the game and just like I expected, it ends with "The Purr-Fect Hero"

Now FINALLY, here's my question. Of course I want to continue playing the game when more of the episodes have been included and when you can advance but here's my question: When this happen and will probably be in a new downloadable beta, can I continue the game from where I left of in the 2.5 Beta or do I have to play the game ALL over again

Please answer me and keep up the good work
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:05 AM
mitch061292
Beginning Trainer

I've played this game and I can't find Meowth, and in the older version, I was able to do the James marriage thing, but I can't find a way to activate that story either. PLEASE HELP! Thanks =)
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:00 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by papegot View Post
I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I need the answer. Hi Metapod. Your version AshGray is AMAZING. I watched the entire season 1 of Pokémon as a kid and I still watch it from time to time. The game you've made is something I've been dreaming about since childhood and trhanks to you, I could finally play a Pokémon game which resembled the feel and awesomess of the Cartoon/Animé. Thank you

I recently heard of this game and I downloaded the newest version: Beta 2.5 After I gave a Meowth to Timmy in the pre-school it seemed like the game ended. I was walking left which was just a BIG space of grass which ended with trees and I couldn't go further in the game. Then I checked your episode list where it says which episodes have been done and put in the game and just like I expected, it ends with "The Purr-Fect Hero"

Now FINALLY, here's my question. Of course I want to continue playing the game when more of the episodes have been included and when you can advance but here's my question: When this happen and will probably be in a new downloadable beta, can I continue the game from where I left of in the 2.5 Beta or do I have to play the game ALL over again

Please answer me and keep up the good work
yeah you can, when the new ips comes out, patch it to your .gba rom, and it should continue

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I just started this hack and it is an awesome game I must say. I love how difficult it gets from Brock to Misty... had a lot of trouble beating Misty without Pikachu...

And I felt bad because I lost to AJ and was not able to fight him again

Edited: I dunno if this is a bug (pretty sure it is) but I have a full team (6 pokemon) and after Squirtle joins my team... he disappears. He is not in the PC and he can not be on my team because I have 6 pokemon

Last edited by Tomackze; August 14th, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
papegot
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
yeah you can, when the new ips comes out, patch it to your .gba rom, and it should continue

Thank you dude, you're awesome. Is there a way for us to be friends on this site so maybe you could help me if I run into any problem when I'm going to do that ?
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Damn I can't do the Bulbasaur filler because my Bulbasaur has evolved to a Venasaur... and I think I might not be able to do the Squirtle one later also...

Oh and when does your Charmeleon start obeying you again? I have 5 badges and yet he still does not obey me. Hard to train someone who does not listen
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:40 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by papegot View Post
Thank you dude, you're awesome. Is there a way for us to be friends on this site so maybe you could help me if I run into any problem when I'm going to do that ?
lol yeah ill send a request and just ask me for anything

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Sven94
Beginning Trainer

I have a question;

I have captured Squirtle, but i had a full squad, but it seems to be okay. But i can't find Squirtle anywhere in the PC storage, what should I do?
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

yeah that is one of the bugs I've noticed too... if you have a full squad, you won't get the Squirtle
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Hey... Metapod... have you ever thought of changing the Trainer
Texts, their names and the positions they're standing to give
this Hack a whole new feel?
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:04 AM
chaizard_trainer
Beginning Trainer

what should i do after James's Growlithe run away? PM me