The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted August 21st, 2010 (05:13 PM).
DigitalDetection
Beginning Trainer

im new here guys, and this is the first hack i have seen at pokecommunity.
it looks great!
i like the screenshots and the story :
Old Posted August 21st, 2010 (06:52 PM).
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Overall, I say this hack has great potential. I'm sorry to say that I only played the very begging--I got bored and quit, but I assure you this is one of the best hack ideas I have ever heard and I dearly hope that you continue. I guess I just didn't like the first few episodes of the anime--I loved the first season, but anyway, that's getting off-topic...

The two things I would suggest:
1: Make sure that only the first 150 pokemon are normally available, having mew as a super-secret easter egg(still technically "normally available", but secret and requiring complex steps to get). Even though it' a firered hack, you can still have nostalgia...

2: Most importantly: CHANGE THE GRAPHICS. THE ANNOYING, EYE-IRRITATING CURRENT GRAPHICS AREN'T REALLY...THAT...GOOD. It makes the overall gaming experience annoying.

Other than that, I will say that this is a wonderful hack, despite the fact I having played only the beginning and having said the beggining is boring (it's contradictory, I know) I am now officially supporting this hack!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2010 (06:11 AM).
Krabby
Beginning Trainer

I've just played the latest version from start to finish with a team of Ash's Pokemon. Gyms are challenging like they're supposed to be (I was swept by Raichu and Kadabra with Pikachu's Static saving me with the former. Kadabra was beaten by a very lucky quick attack critical hit.)

Sometimes the game lags abit but that's the only flaw I could find.

Can't wait for the next instalment of episodes.
Old Posted August 22nd, 2010 (07:32 AM).
petty007
Beginning Trainer

I am in the same case of you Hevak I can get out of bill lighthouse.But you had to continue the game without going to bill lighthouse. And the hack is equal. Hope your problem is solved.
Old Posted August 22nd, 2010 (12:20 PM).
Hevak
Beginning Trainer

yeah i just went to my old save file n did it over oh well still an awesome game i have to say cant wait for him to upload the new hack
Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (12:20 AM).
Mark975
AllStar Spriter

Nature: Brave
awesome a ash rom game i love it but theres one thing i dislike its the gary pictures when you name your rival it looks.....well different but you did good on ash.
Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (12:08 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2010 by Novaz.
Novaz
Beginning Trainer

When i want to battle Mysty, i need to put Pikachu in my boxes, but there are full of bad Eggs Wtf ?

I take the 2.5 ;(

EDIT : Now it's okay, my box is still full of bad eggs, but i have change one with my Pikachu without crash. But it was very hard ;( Now i have a Pigeotto, a Pikachu & 2 Bad Eggs in my team ;(
Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (12:40 PM).
eliminator2
Beginning Trainer

i had a problem with squirtel i had 1 mmeber slot because pikachu was with squirt but when they both came to my party squirt just never came he just disapeared :p

resolved that now im stuck at lighthouse since i carnt get back out of it and im guessin ticket bill has :p other than this im enjoying it
Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (02:32 PM).
morikun

I think thish is a great idea and can't wait to play, but astetically, I think the Ho-oh sprite looks a little too cheap. It just looked like Ho-oh was clrawling over the ground. Maybe you could just use the Fly sprite and make it gold like the original Ho-oh in the anime, or maybe just use a shadow and scroll text saying ash saw a strange flying pokemon.
Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (02:53 PM).
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
No offense to you Metapod, but it sounds to me like this beta has tons of problems. Maybe you should stop distributing it until you can get them sorted out? They reflect badly on your hacking ability and might make people less likely to come back and play the completed version. Just a suggestion.
Old Posted August 25th, 2010 (02:53 AM). Edited August 25th, 2010 by eliminator2.
eliminator2
Beginning Trainer

i evovled my bulbasaur to vensasaur now i carnt move on

EDIT: did the all wild pokemon bulbasaur cheat did it that way but the map has just ended.... big area of nothing right after you do that....
Old Posted August 26th, 2010 (08:28 AM).
HuurDurr
Beginning Trainer

I gotta say, this is one amazing ROM hack. This actually got me back into pokemon games a little bit. Keep up the great work, it's almost perfect. The only thing that would make it perfect is better Ash and TeamRocket battle sprites and if somehow you made Pikachu, Brock, and Misty follow you(You'd probably have to add some scripts for Brock and Misty)
Old Posted August 26th, 2010 (09:00 AM).
TRXO
PokeGames master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminator2 View Post
i evovled my bulbasaur to vensasaur now i carnt move on

EDIT: did the all wild pokemon bulbasaur cheat did it that way but the map has just ended.... big area of nothing right after you do that....
Instead of using cheats you could have just breeded it with a Ditto.
Old Posted August 26th, 2010 (12:51 PM).
Alamos
Team Plasma Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBear View Post
Help, what do i need to download in order to play AshGray?
Patching Program (IPS i think dont remember)
GBA Emulator
Rom (Included in download)

It's very buggy however i played it but it's a fun game!

IGN: Dusk
My Shop For Trading:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232598
Always use this FC:3696 5584 0490
Pokemon Chat Site: http://pokemonfannetwork.tk/
Old Posted August 26th, 2010 (02:35 PM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXO View Post
Instead of using cheats you could have just breeded it with a Ditto.
where do you find a Ditto? I couldn't find any...
Old Posted August 26th, 2010 (10:35 PM).
TRXO
PokeGames master

I have a glitch of "????????x61" appearing in the PC. Also, for some reason I couldn't find the Crabby and lighthouse events and somehow got to the Primeape event.
Old Posted August 27th, 2010 (01:22 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuurDurr View Post
f somehow you made Pikachu, Brock, and Misty follow you(You'd probably have to add some scripts for Brock and Misty)
Once again It is NOT possible now

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old Posted August 27th, 2010 (04:11 PM). Edited August 28th, 2010 by sky_queen3.
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Erm, am I the only one who has glitchy text when I try to pick up Charmander? Does it mean I've done something wrong?

Odd, msut've been the rom, I tried it again and it was fine.
Old Posted August 29th, 2010 (04:02 AM).
TRXO
PokeGames master

Besides the Bad Eggs and invisible noname pokemon in the PC (thee pokemon you can release) there are also invisible eggs now that when you put in your party and try to access the party by pressing the Start button the game re-launches.
Old Posted August 29th, 2010 (02:51 PM).
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Quote:
Besides the Bad Eggs and invisible noname pokemon in the PC (thee pokemon you can release) there are also invisible eggs now that when you put in your party and try to access the party by pressing the Start button the game re-launches.
Bad eggs are the bane of my Pokemon-playing existence (a few hard to find Pokemon got eaten by bad eggs in another hack I played). I'm definitely not playing this until/unless that gets fixed. Sorry :\
Old Posted August 29th, 2010 (04:41 PM).
lexlucio13
Beginning Trainer

I will finish Pokemon Liquid Crystal by LinkAndZelda first then I will play this game. Because maybe after I finished, there are more higher beta going to be released.
Old Posted August 30th, 2010 (04:02 AM).
TRXO
PokeGames master

Officer Jenny won't let me pass through the house that was robbed in Cerulean city for more than two times, Team Rocket didn't appear inside MT.Moon and after depositing the Zubat that attacked the scientist I went back to MT.Moon and there wasn't a Zubat, but the scientist claimed to be attacked and when I talked to him there was another Zubat.
Old Posted August 30th, 2010 (10:03 AM).
PokemonFansince1999

how do you beat Sabrina the second time round?

I'm struggling at the moment.
Old Posted August 30th, 2010 (11:14 AM).
TRXO
PokeGames master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonFansince1999 View Post
how do you beat Sabrina the second time round?

I'm struggling at the moment.
You need to get a Haunter at Lavender town like in the TV series.
Old Posted August 30th, 2010 (12:17 PM).
PokemonFansince1999

Quote:
You need to get a Haunter at Lavender town like in the TV series.
I've done that but when it comes to playing her again as in the tv series haunter disapears meaning that i'm stuck with bulbasaur charmander etc etc and inevitably Kadabra pwns me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links