The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJamma View Post
umm how do i get past brock? his geodude keeps killing me and before i fought him i talked to the guy who powers up pikachu and all i got was a light ball and that doesnt do much when fighting ground pokemon also i had to leave veridian forest when i beat team rocket because the wouldnt leave
I've toyed with the idea of making Onix/Geodude and other Rock/Ground types into pure Rock types for the hack, since so often electricity has dealt damage to them in the series, but I haven't decided yet. I'd suggest, if using Ash's team, to use Butterfree and its Confusion attack. It's possible to beat Brock, especially if you hit it with some Sand Attacks with Pidgeotto and get a little lucky.

As for Team Rocket not going away in Viridian Forest, I'll have to look into that, as that would probably be an error.
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
As for Team Rocket not going away in Viridian Forest, I'll have to look into that, as that would probably be an error.
Maybe wrong flag? It might be the thing...
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I'm sorry for posting double post... but it's for reporting bugs
Screwed scripts
- Gissele (text before battle)
- Gentleman on the second floor, first room, of S.S.Anne (after battle new battle begins (the battle of first Rocket Grunt on the ground floor) when ya talk with him again)
Bugs
- For some reason after ya escape from Team Rocket's trap in Saffron and return to Butterfree's place your Butterfree will appear but when ya talk to it the game will freeze
Here's pic
Spoiler:

I guess it doesn't wanna leave ya :D
- When ya go back to Sliph Co, from the Team Rocket's trap the masked Rockets will be there and by talking to 'em game will freeze
For some reason both bugs disappear after Haunter "joins" ya
- Salesman in Lavender is... um Pidgey :D When ya talk with him Pidgey on 18lv attacks

And now better things
This hack totally rocks! I totally love Ghost Tower script

Last edited by Satoshi Ookami; July 28th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:24 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

Nature: Lonely
I allready patched the .ips file to a firered game, but my vba will not play it.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Keith5920
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Sorry, but the hack doesn't go past the Primeape event - I haven't hacked past that point, so all the Celadon events haven't been worked on yet.
Oh, thats right. Can't wait for the next beta then!
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Nature: Relaxed
No.. Why is that when the day I am not online , the hack is released . Now , I am going to test this one . Expect detailed report in a week .

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith5920 View Post
Ground types are immune to Electric attacks...it can't be exactly like the anime. lol
As Metapod said he could've made 'em pure Rock types and in that case Pikachu could be useful and it could be like anime
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:49 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I'm sorry for posting double post... but it's for reporting bugs
Screwed scripts
- Gissele (text before battle)
- Gentleman on the second floor, first room, of S.S.Anne (after battle new battle begins (the battle of first Rocket Grunt on the ground floor) when ya talk with him again)
Bugs
- For some reason after ya escape from Team Rocket's trap in Saffron and return to Butterfree's place your Butterfree will appear but when ya talk to it the game will freeze
Here's pic
Spoiler:

I guess it doesn't wanna leave ya :D
- When ya go back to Sliph Co, from the Team Rocket's trap the masked Rockets will be there and by talking to 'em game will freeze
For some reason both bugs disappear after Haunter "joins" ya
- Salesman in Lavender is... um Pidgey :D When ya talk with him Pidgey on 18lv attacks

And now better things
This hack totally rocks! I totally love Ghost Tower script
Thanks for the report, Ash493! I'll get to work on fixing that stuff! I'm glad you like the hack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siper x View Post
I allready patched the .ips file to a firered game, but my vba will not play it.
I can't say what the problem is. Maybe make sure the game your patching is an original Fire Red rom, or maybe make sure that plays on your vba before you try the patched version? I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey2008 View Post
No.. Why is that when the day I am not online , the hack is released . Now , I am going to test this one . Expect detailed report in a week .
Ha, sorry! I was wondering where you were.

Quote:
As Metapod said he could've made 'em pure Rock types and in that case Pikachu could be useful and it could be like anime
Any opinions on this (from anyone)? I don't think there's any other way to make electric attacks work against those guys, and I know Pikachu has defeated Geodude, Onix, and Rhydon with electric attacks in the anime before. But would removing their Ground type be too much?
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:22 AM
dragonasian808
Beginning Trainer

why's my caterpie no evolution after battle with team rocket?hix.
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonasian808 View Post
why's my caterpie no evolution after battle with team rocket?hix.
There's no way that I know of to force a Pokemon's evolution at any time. You just have to level it up to level 7 while beating Team Rocket for it to evolve then.

Beta 1.3 is available. I think I fixed all the mistakes Ash493 mentioned. I also hope Team Rocket in Viridian Forest is fixed, but I'm not sure, as it would take too long to test it, since I don't have a save file near that area backed up on my computer. Please let me know for anyone who plays it in the future.

Last edited by metapod23; July 28th, 2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:20 AM
dragonasian808
Beginning Trainer

But I saw on youtupe"es3", caterpie evolved after beating team rocket at level 6 but my carterpie not evolution. Perhaps my patch is error because team rocket in the battles not as screen. how don't i know to fix it?
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
But I saw on youtupe"es3", caterpie evolved after beating team rocket at level 6 but my carterpie not evolution. Perhaps my patch is error because team rocket in the battles not as screen. how don't i know to fix it?
That was the video for when I was trying to play the game exactly like the anime. It didn't evolve at level 6, I just edited the video to make it look like it evolved after beating Team Rocket to keep it consistent with the anime. It actually evolved during a later battle.
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the report, Ash493! I'll get to work on fixing that stuff! I'm glad you like the hack!
No prob Glad to help

Quote:
Any opinions on this (from anyone)? I don't think there's any other way to make electric attacks work against those guys, and I know Pikachu has defeated Geodude, Onix, and Rhydon with electric attacks in the anime before. But would removing their Ground type be too much?
I think it's great idea which could make this hack more and more like anime. Other anime-based hacks didn't bother think 'bout it

Quote:
That was the video for when I was trying to play the game exactly like the anime. It didn't evolve at level 6, I just edited the video to make it look like it evolved after beating Team Rocket to keep it consistent with the anime. It actually evolved during a later battle.
Ya could've just changed the evolution with YAPE xD
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
dragonasian808
Beginning Trainer

sorry, i have an important problem. it's "pikachu can't beat onix and geodune", thundershock not affect to rock pokemon. why is that? i can win if i don't use pikachu.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Keith5920
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
sorry, i have an important problem. it's "pikachu can't beat onix and geodune", thundershock not affect to rock pokemon. why is that? i can win if i don't use pikachu.
This question was already asked on the page before.

Onix and Geodude are Rock and Ground types.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
There's one little error in your message. You CAN win WITHOUT Pikachu Remember ya have Pidgeotto and Butterfree (if not ya better train) and Brock is beatable only with those two. Just take Geodude down with Butterfree's Confusion and then against Onix go with Pidgeotto and keep using Sand-Attack and the knock him down with Butterfree's Confusion.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Quote:
There's one little error in your message. You CAN win WITHOUT Pikachu Remember ya have Pidgeotto and Butterfree (if not ya better train) and Brock is beatable only with those two. Just take Geodude down with Butterfree's Confusion and then against Onix go with Pidgeotto and keep using Sand-Attack and the knock him down with Butterfree's Confusion.
You could also catch a Mankey on the route to the pokemon league
Mankey is the best pokemon to use on Brock
Mankey's low kick is great against Onix and Geodude
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
dragonasian808
Beginning Trainer

thanks u. i play it and use movie on youtube.. i think pikachu can use thunderstone to evolve to raichu. u should pay attention it..thanks
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
You could also catch a Mankey on the route to the pokemon league
Mankey is the best pokemon to use on Brock
Mankey's low kick is great against Onix and Geodude
Yeah but I didn't want to use pokemon which Ash doesn't have in that time
I'm trying to keep team which Ash has (of course that doesn't mean I stop evolutions xD)
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:24 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

i use ipswin, but it doesn't work on this game.
does anyone know a better patching tool?
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siper x View Post
i use ipswin, but it doesn't work on this game.
does anyone know a better patching tool?
I use Lunar IPS to patch the game it works great
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

thanks alo123. it works now. finally i can patch this game.

also you can't run on route 22
and the red carpet has 2 lines on the left half that shouldn't be there.
and after rocket battle in viridian forest the text stays on the screen until new text appears.

Last edited by siper x; July 28th, 2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: found tile error and glitch
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Shadow Pokemon Trainer Konta
Beginning Trainer

okay thx metapod but can u give me a link on were to finde it nvm sorry i found it

Last edited by Shadow Pokemon Trainer Konta; July 28th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

I have a few updates. I finished Pokemon Scent-aation and Hypno's Naptime. I also tried my hand at inserting some new tiles. I've included a pic of some trees and a new Pokemon Center I inserted.

Please let me know if there's some way I could improve them - I'm not the best tile maker, but I want to add tiles that fit the anime, and to make it all bright and shiny so maybe the hack will get more attention ...

And, if you play the Beta, please don't be shy about letting me know what you think, or what bugs you have found. It would help me out a lot! Thanks!

Last edited by metapod23; July 31st, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Oh dammit! Pokemon Center totally rocks!
Totally awesome tile.
Metapod ya ain't only awesome scripter but also great tile maker.
Congrats
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links