The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
TheDemetrious1
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post
That's the problem. It takes way too much level grinding to get to those levels at that point of the game. I get what Metapod is saying about Ash being totally outmatched by Sabrina in the anime, but I'd like it to at least be possible to beat her without all that level grinding. After all, Pikachu did manage to take a Psybeam attack and hit Kadabra with a Thunderbolt in their second battle in the anime.
Try Not to Double Post. And at level 34 pikachu can take a Psybeam attack and you also have a VS seeker so....
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Bulbasaurus Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightskyedge View Post
I did grind my pikachu up to beat it, but it also started off using calm mind instead of psybeam sometimes, so maybe you're just unlucky. Because if you outspeed it and it uses calm mind first, then you should be able to get in 2 thunderbolts like I did and beat it easily.
That's probably only because the AI calculated that one Psybeam wouldn't knock out Pikachu at that level. If you don't level grind, it will always use Psybeam. I guess it may be difficult to adjust the gym leader AI, but I think Metapod should give it a try or do something to give us a chance without level grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemetrious1 View Post
Try Not to Double Post. And at level 34 pikachu can take a Psybeam attack and you also have a VS seeker so....
Like I said, L34 takes way too much level grinding.

I don't see a multi-quote option, so how do I avoid double-posting while quoting like this?
EDIT: Oh, there it is. Never mind.

Last edited by colcolstyles; July 24th, 2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Double post
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Alternately, you can paste the quote in and use bbcode. If I type this, with square brackets instead of curvy ones, a quote happens.

{quote=Original Poster}Original Post{/quote}

See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Poster
Original Post
Nothing stopping you from doing that many times in a post. And you can even nest them.

Quote:
Quote:
this
Quote:
for
Quote:
example
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
I still can't stand the mapping, but the storyline is just too awesome for this hack to be ignored!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:00 PM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
its on the first post, the ones with a cross on it are done, the ones with a check are tested and ready.
Yeah those are episodes. I'm talking about having Team Rocket engage you in double battles -most- of the time.
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
redcat71
Beginning Trainer

How far is this game designed to so far? I've gotten to the episode where misty and Jessie fight for the dolls, how much farther can I go before I need to wait for an update?
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post
That's the problem. It takes way too much level grinding to get to those levels at that point of the game.
I said EV training not normal training :D
Just beat 252 Pidgeys/Zubats/Pidgeottos etc... and you'll have 63 Speed boost :D

@redcat: You still have episodes to complete =)
It ends in the vast green space where nothing is.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat71 View Post
How far is this game designed to so far? I've gotten to the episode where misty and Jessie fight for the dolls, how much farther can I go before I need to wait for an update?
you've got 2/3episodes left untill end of beta 2.5

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:59 PM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

@Ash: Too bad the full speed boost comes only at level 100. Say we got Pikachu to level 30. It would be about 20 extra speed.

On what note, that is assuming you haven't fought so much with the Pikachu that you even can max Speed anymore.
Old July 25th, 2011, 03:18 AM
zumba
Skyline

IF U REALLY WANNA BEAT SABRINA THAT BAD, U CAN ALWAYS GO CATCH A DIGLIT/DUGTRIO THAT KNOWS DIG AND USE IT AGAINST KADABRA. I HEAR ITS VERY EFFECTIVE.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

Yes, because Ash did exactly that, correct? And what I do is irrelevant, I beat her a long time ago, by grinding. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:06 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

And yeah this is pokemon and this is a hack lastly you have to level grind or have tactics in order to move on..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

"Level grind OR have tactics"?

Using Ash's team, tactics don't help. Not in this battle.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:49 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

im playing pokemon since gb era i think thats the reason that i can overcome battles..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Septimus7
Beginning Trainer

I can not leave Bill's house, the door has disappeared!
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

try to repatch a rom then load your save game..

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

And how exactly does you playing a long time change... well, anything? I have played as long.

And I'd like to see what kind of strategy prevents you fromm being out-speeded and one-shotted. :/
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM
NewMew
Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondante View Post
And how exactly does you playing a long time change... well, anything? I have played as long.

And I'd like to see what kind of strategy prevents you fromm being out-speeded and one-shotted. :/
dude! I have a little bit of advice for you. Turn off the sound. The game will run at a blazing speed, allowing you to beat wild pokemon in seconds instead of minutes. And it's not cheating just time saving. But if you are playing on a real nintendo system "That hasnt got frame skip!" then just train up pikachu and only pikachu "Ash did!" near enough every ash based battle thoughout the anime involved pikachu in some way or form.

you dont need strategy for pokemon games. Just alot of time to train up your monsters :P
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:07 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
you dont need strategy for pokemon games. Just alot of time to train up your monsters
Eh, I have done it a long time ago. I'm merely speaking for other people at this point.

And, in normal cases: You don't need time to train your monsters at all, just strategy.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Pokémon AshGray Beta 3.0

^ It's too big to include in the attachments link, so I've used an online upload site for the ips.

Please report any bugs, glitches, or issues you have and I will try to fix them as soon as possible and release a fixed beta.

Thanks for the continued support with the game and please keep the suggestions/comments coming.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome! Beta 3.0 is now released. but sadly I am going to have to wait until either the bug fix version or 3.5 is out until I play it, but still it's out! I actually like this hack better than Ash's Quest now since the events are more like the anime + some extra trainer battles from FR/LG + Vs. Seeker. It makes it easier to train and looks great!
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:07 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
After I defeat the Beedrill that stole Metapod, the samurai appears both in his cabin and outside it. If you talk to the "outside" samurai, he'll say nothing.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Where is the VS seeker exactly? And 3.0 excellent Meta!
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
This should absolutely be in the Hack Showcase now.
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM
clacla$$$
Back in business ~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to clacla$$$
In Beta 3.0 whenever I try to get on the St Anne it just goes to a black screen.
Hello, I'm Clacla, Assistant Admin on The Legacy, clacla$$$ here on PC, and Clacla on PHO and TPW. If you want, come and join the new and improved Legacy, where you can meet new people, and just have a good time.
Credits for Volcaron Art
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here