Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 27th, 2011 (08:55 AM).

Try to use LIPS to patch it.
Old July 27th, 2011 (09:11 AM).

I tried that first. Didn't help
Old July 27th, 2011 (09:52 AM).

Ussualy I speak french, my english is very bad . I have ashgray3.01 and after event venusaur, my bulbasaur has missing and that was a egg of togepi. If a person mays translate my message for that the others better understand.
Old July 27th, 2011 (09:59 AM).

Im having trouble with one part of the 3.01 version. Im at the restaurant where the cook asks to see an Exeggcute and I didnt have one at first so I went and just caught one, brought it back and I chose it and he keeps saying its not an Exeggcute. How do I fix this?
Old July 27th, 2011 (10:35 AM).

After beating Blaine, what do I have to do to keep the story going?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it XD
Old July 27th, 2011 (11:04 AM).

Metapod, are you using version 1.0 or version 1.1 of FireRed?
Old July 27th, 2011 (11:37 AM).
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Ok, I'm downloading 3.01 now. Thanks for fixing the bugs.
Old July 27th, 2011 (01:02 PM).

Hey, this hack is awesome but I think i' am going to wait untill the next beta is realesed. Moroever, can someone say me if Pokemon Ash's Quest follow all the anime events??????
Old July 27th, 2011 (01:37 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Metapod the new island event is still not working all your pokemon still turn into eggs
Old July 27th, 2011 (01:41 PM).

Quote originally posted by iop50:
Metapod, are you using version 1.0 or version 1.1 of FireRed?
He is using version 1.0.

This message is also indented for people having patching problems, make sure you are downloading a version 1.0 rom.

If you start the fire red game, when the game freak logo come's up after the star floats by, if the words "presents" appears under the logo you have the wrong version.

Old July 27th, 2011 (01:52 PM).
Back in business ~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to clacla$$$
Just a question, where do I go after I beat Blaine?
Hello, I'm Clacla, Assistant Admin on The Legacy, clacla$$$ here on PC, and Clacla on PHO and TPW. If you want, come and join the new and improved Legacy, where you can meet new people, and just have a good time.
Credits for Volcaron Art
Old July 27th, 2011 (02:08 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Tcoppy:
Metapod the new island event is still not working all your pokemon still turn into eggs
Did you start over or are you using the same save file? If the Misty battle was the problem, then you'll pretty much have to go back to at least some time prior to the Togepi event. Using the same save file won't do.

If you'd like, I can release a special ips with an Ash sprite at Old Wharf you can talk to that should fix it. Just let me know if you're using the previous save file you were using before.

(I'm currently working to fix all the previous bugs mentioned as well - thanks to everyone for the reports.)
Old July 27th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by metapod23:
Did you start over or are you using the same save file? If the Misty battle was the problem, then you'll pretty much have to go back to at least some time prior to the Togepi event. Using the same save file won't do.

If you'd like, I can release a special ips with an Ash sprite at Old Wharf you can talk to that should fix it. Just let me know if you're using the previous save file you were using before.

(I'm currently working to fix all the previous bugs mentioned as well - thanks to everyone for the reports.)
I started over the hack with the 3.0 patch and it was just moments later you uploaded 3.1 so I used my save state from 3.0 (which only was saved at viridian city) and I continued my game with 3.1.And yes I would like a special ips that should fix this problem if thats fine.
Old July 27th, 2011 (02:35 PM).
Hardened Trainer

I started over the hack with the 3.0 patch and it was just moments later you uploaded 3.1 so I used my save state from 3.0 (which only was saved at viridian city) and I continued my game with 3.1.And yes I would like a special ips that should fix this problem if thats fine.
Are you using beta 3.01 or the latest one: Beta 3.02?
Old July 27th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

Are you using beta 3.01 or the latest one: Beta 3.02?
Theres a 3.02?And I missed it? Wow.
Anyway I was useing 3.01, if I patch 3.02 right now, will the event be able to work?
Old July 27th, 2011 (03:42 PM). Edited July 27th, 2011 by metapod23.
Hardened Trainer

Theres a 3.02?And I missed it? Wow.
Anyway I was useing 3.01, if I patch 3.02 right now, will the event be able to work?
No, not if the Misty battle was already completed. I'm going to upload a 3.03 patch soon. I'll try to get you a special patch to undo the error from the Misty battle after I do.

-----

Edit:

AshGray 3.03

^ Includes Viridian Gym battle fix, Beach Blank-out Blastoise fix (to work with Squirlte), hopefully map connection fix above Cinnabar Island volcano, and restaurant cook who asks to see his favorite Pokemon fix.
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:02 PM).
Skyline

Nature: Calm
Hey meta, im at the purrfect hero right now. Do i needa re-patch it to the 3.02 beta or is that beta for the fixes before where im at? Do u get hat im sayin? Lol.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:06 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

No, not if the Misty battle was already completed. I'm going to upload a 3.03 patch soon. I'll try to get you a special patch to undo the error from the Misty battle after I do.
Thank you so much metapod I greatly appreciate it
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:16 PM).
Hardened Trainer

^ Here's the No Eggs corruption patch:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/251370/PokemonAshGrayNoEggPatch.ips

The ash sprite is by the Pokemon Center in Old Wharf. Just talk to it, then proceed as normal. Let me know if it works or not (as I'm not sure it will).

Also, just using this post to let everyone know I edited my post above and have released AshGray Beta 3.03 with updated bug fixes.
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:39 PM).
Bursting Fire creator

3.03 fixed the viridian gym bug
I have no idea how to get to the holiday hi-jynx or snow way out episodes... can someone help me with that... also can't find go west young meowth or bad to the bone, but could that be something to do with the fact that i haven't completed the jynx and snow way out episodes?
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Quote originally posted by waiting4b6:
3.03 fixed the viridian gym bug
I have no idea how to get to the holiday hi-jynx or snow way out episodes... can someone help me with that... also can't find go west young meowth or bad to the bone, but could that be something to do with the fact that i haven't completed the jynx and snow way out episodes?
To get to Holiday Hi-Jynx, you need to do the Porygon episode first. Once it's completed, Jynx should appear on the little sandy part near Duplica's mansion.

To do Go West Young Meowth, you need to increase one of your Pokemon's toughness, smartness, and coolness by giving the appropriate shard to one of the condition upgraders located in 5 of the towns in the game (I think they're in Pewter, Vermilion and Saffron). Then go talk to the director again and he'll film using that Pokemon. Go to Celadon afterwards and go to the Hollywood Blvd. theatre to trigger the event.

Lastly, to get the Bad to the Bone event to activate, you must return to Pallet after the Pokemopolis event and speak to Oak. He will tell you that the Pokemon League is starting. Head back to Route 22 and you should trigger the event.
Old July 27th, 2011 (04:57 PM).
Bursting Fire creator

To get to Holiday Hi-Jynx, you need to do the Porygon episode first. Once it's completed, Jynx should appear on the little sandy part near Duplica's mansion.

To do Go West Young Meowth, you need to increase one of your Pokemon's toughness, smartness, and coolness by giving the appropriate shard to one of the condition upgraders located in 5 of the towns in the game (I think they're in Pewter, Vermilion and Saffron). Then go talk to the director again and he'll film using that Pokemon. Go to Celadon afterwards and go to the Hollywood Blvd. theatre to trigger the event.

Lastly, to get the Bad to the Bone event to activate, you must return to Pallet after the Pokemopolis event and speak to Oak. He will tell you that the Pokemon League is starting. Head back to Route 22 and you should trigger the event.

Thanks that helped me a lot.
Old July 27th, 2011 (05:16 PM).

I already did the Pi-kahuna episode, how do I unlock the Mewtwo event?
Old July 27th, 2011 (05:19 PM).
Bursting Fire creator

Quote originally posted by Santuga:
I already did the Pi-kahuna episode, how do I unlock the Mewtwo event?
I'm 90% sure you go keep going right past the flag rock thing in pi-kahuna and then you go down and then right. Then it's pretty straight-forward from there
Old July 27th, 2011 (05:24 PM). Edited July 27th, 2011 by Santuga.

Quote originally posted by waiting4b6:
I'm 90% sure you go keep going right past the flag rock thing in pi-kahuna and then you go down and then right. Then it's pretty straight-forward from there
90% ? D: That doesn't sound too good lol

Edit 1: I got it. Also, where is the Nurse Joy Officer Jenny is talking about? (Mewtwo event). I can't find here anywhere.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)