Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Link93, I'm not sure where you are in the game. There's no Lavaridge Town in it, I don't think.

Here's the updated Pallet Town:

Spoiler:

And here's Route 1 as it stands now. It might need some work:

Spoiler:

Last edited by metapod23; August 3rd, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Link93, I'm not sure where you are in the game. There's no Lavaridge Town in it, I don't think.

Here's the updated Pallet Town:

Spoiler:

And here's Route 1 as it stands now. It might need some work:

Spoiler:
Pallet Town is better than before, as it's not very empty now.
As for Route 1, the Lake is too big, and I don't think the currents in the Lake is good.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; August 3rd, 2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Pallet Town is better than before, as t's not very empty now.
As for Route 1, the Lake is too big, and I don't think the currents in the Lake is good.
Thanks for the comments.

I need the currents as I want the main character to be swept away to the main lake when he leaps over the edge. There might be a better way of mapping it, though, I don't know.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Nicely done. You've done a good job of mixing plotline with customizability. I just beat Misty, and I love every moment of it.
Keep it up!
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Thank you MarickNeona and trebornosllw for the compliments!
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Ugh the Route 1 is really big :D
But the Pallet looks god
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
LinK93
Translator/Beta tester

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LinK93
Well i might have mistaken some names but the city i was talking about was the one with the cemetery, you know the city with the ghosts, and i'm stuck at the exit of that dark tunnel and the beginning of that ghost town. sorry i dont remember the names I've been playing like 12 games a day.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...3/Semttulo.jpg
I support and recommend :

Spoiler:

I suport more but i'm not allowed to have more than 10 pics

My Eggs:
Spoiler:

Last edited by LinK93; August 4th, 2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: adding image
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Musashi ✖
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
I love the idea of this hack being based in the anime.
I like almost everything about it. The pokécenters look so cute x3
Plus, the way you find Charmander and Squirtle is SO like the anime itself! It's awesome.
Oh! And you get to battle Jessie and James in a double battle *w* (for the looks of it)
The only thing I don't like about this hack is the fullsized characters. (You know...the ones who show your rival for the first time and when you're about the choose the hero.) It's not like their design is bad, far from that! I couldn't manage to do any better, to be honest. It's just...they don't look like the game characters we're used to see.
But who cares about that? As long as the game is playable...

Keep up the good work ;D

The anime wouldn't be the same without these two :'D

Old August 4th, 2009, 06:01 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Ugh the Route 1 is really big :D
But the Pallet looks god
Yeah, it's big, but I think it moves pretty fast, unless you get lost in the grass a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinK93 View Post
Well i might have mistaken some names but the city i was talking about was the one with the cemetery, you know the city with the ghosts, and i'm stuck at the exit of that dark tunnel and the beginning of that ghost town. sorry i dont remember the names I've been playing like 12 games a day.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...3/Semttulo.jpg
Okay, well you definitely went a way that's not intended. The only thing to do is to go back to Cerulean City. If that tree is blocking your way, you will have to open Advance Map and delete it from the game and save it so you can pass through. Otherwise, you'll have to start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi ✖ View Post
I love the idea of this hack being based in the anime.
I like almost everything about it. The pokécenters look so cute x3
Plus, the way you find Charmander and Squirtle is SO like the anime itself! It's awesome.
Oh! And you get to battle Jessie and James in a double battle *w* (for the looks of it)
The only thing I don't like about this hack is the fullsized characters. (You know...the ones who show your rival for the first time and when you're about the choose the hero.) It's not like their design is bad, far from that! I couldn't manage to do any better, to be honest. It's just...they don't look like the game characters we're used to see.
But who cares about that? As long as the game is playable...

Keep up the good work ;D
Thanks! I actually thought of doing a double battle with Jessie and James. That could work in the Viridian Forest, but if you don't have more than one Pokemon then they wouldn't battle you, I don't think. But then maybe I could make two separate battles, at least in Viridian, and have it go to the single battle if you have only one Pokemon. That being said, all that would be a major pain in the tuchus (but I still might do it)!
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:09 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There is a tileset error with the mountains. It's supposed to use the three tiles below the ocean tileset. Why don't Jessie and James use Meowth? I think it should stay a single battle.
Also known as SonicBronyPlatinum or Princess Copyright Infringement.
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:19 AM
LinK93
Translator/Beta tester

Yeah thanks for the tip:D
I was thinking about doing that but it felt better to ask before doing

Spoiler:

My Eggs:
Spoiler:
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
There is a tileset error with the mountains. It's supposed to use the three tiles below the ocean tileset. Why don't Jessie and James use Meowth? I think it should stay a single battle.
Can you elaborate on the mountains tileset? Which map? What mountains?

Also, Team Rocket doesn't use Meowth because they rarely if ever use Meowth to battle in the anime. He's more a part of the team than an actual Pokemon.

I redid Ash's backsprite. Comments or suggestions are appreciated:

Old August 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think it's better now.
He isn't so plain and without color :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

I think that the new back sprite looks better
it has more color
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952

Last edited by alo123; August 4th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:03 PM
LinK93
Translator/Beta tester

Quote:
Can you elaborate on the mountains tileset? Which map? What mountains?

Also, Team Rocket doesn't use Meowth because they rarely if ever use Meowth to battle in the anime. He's more a part of the team than an actual Pokemon.

I redid Ash's backsprite. Comments or suggestions are appreciated:

I think you could do better its to "bushie" the outline is too black, but I found this in the Internet, you could adapt it and give it a little bit of your self, you might also change the image that show in the trainer's card
Keep up the good work.
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/ashketchume.png/

Spoiler:

My Eggs:
Spoiler:

Last edited by LinK93; August 4th, 2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: forgot to put the link
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Well, I think that the Backpack needs some Shading, as well as Ash's Face as well.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Hi, guys - I took out some of the black lines from the backsprite, I think it looks better. Any other suggestions?

Old August 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Hi, guys - I took out some of the black lines from the backsprite, I think it looks better. Any other suggestions?

Okay, here are a few things I think you should change around a bit.
1. Route 1 really, really needs to be a bit smaller, which I think you could do just by narrowing the river a tad.
2. I think the tileset for Pallet Town needs a bit of work, it was just a little too crudely drawn (this is mostly Prof. Oak's lab). I think the buildings just need a bit of a touch-up, but they do look fairly good, nice job!
3. I think you should include a few more encounters with Misty and Brock...
Oh, and if you have 1 Pokemon when you go into a double battle, it just turns into a 2-against-1 match, which is Team Rocket's style anyway. It shouldn't keep them from battling you.

Keep up the good work! I'm impressed with how hard and fast you're working at this. Let me know if I can help in any way (but I might be out of contact for a while, so don't be irritated if I don't answer right away).
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:

Wow! Now that's how I call "good"!
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:02 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

The mountain I was talking about was the one Prof.Oak's Lab is on. The tiles used are a tile set error. The farthest north tiles. Also the purple/red roofed houses in Porta Vista/Maiden's Peak are missing the rest of the roof tiles.
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
The mountain I was talking about was the one Prof.Oak's Lab is on. The tiles used are a tile set error. The farthest north tiles. Also the purple/red roofed houses in Porta Vista/Maiden's Peak are missing the rest of the roof tiles.
Hey, dude, I think you should post screenshots to avoid confusion and stuff.
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:57 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I would post screenshots but I need steps on how to post them. Do I use imageshack or photobucket?
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Julien62740
Unhatched Egg

Hi all , I would like to know where is the hidden village? Please, help me.

I am french so it's a translation from Google .
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Okay, here are a few things I think you should change around a bit.
1. Route 1 really, really needs to be a bit smaller, which I think you could do just by narrowing the river a tad.
Well, I honestly think it plays smaller than it is, but I'll re-release a Beta with it as is, and if people still think it should be smaller after playing it, I'll make it smaller. I feel the current size is true to the anime though.

Quote:
2. I think the tileset for Pallet Town needs a bit of work, it was just a little too crudely drawn (this is mostly Prof. Oak's lab). I think the buildings just need a bit of a touch-up, but they do look fairly good, nice job!
Okay, I might work on that in the future. I'm not the best tile maker. I just did the best I could in Photoshop to make buildings that resemble what's in the anime. I'll keep working on it.

Quote:
3. I think you should include a few more encounters with Misty and Brock...
Oh, and if you have 1 Pokemon when you go into a double battle, it just turns into a 2-against-1 match, which is Team Rocket's style anyway. It shouldn't keep them from battling you.
Actually, it doesn't work in double trainer battles. Fire Red uses certain scripts to make sure you have two Pokemon. If you have only one, it actually ends up duplicating that Pokemon and sending out two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Wow! Now that's how I call "good"!
Thanks!

Quote:
Are you referring to the fact that the mountains didn't have the green background but the rocky background instead? I fixed that, if that is what you're talking about. I'll look into the roofs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien62740 View Post
Hi all , I would like to know where is the hidden village? Please, help me.

I am french so it's a translation from Google .
Well, it's hidden!

But I'll tell you:

Spoiler:
After you leave Cerulean City and head South, go all the way to the left of the screen. There's a little path that goes through the trees and leads to a building. When you go into the building it will take you to the Hidden Village.
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
I would post screenshots but I need steps on how to post them. Do I use imageshack or photobucket?
It's easy. Either you can host your screenshots in Imageshack, or you can use your Pics as Attachments, just like I always do. But there's a limit of posting only 5 of them.....
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here