Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old August 4th, 2011 (10:45 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Nixon1:
I know that ash doesn't beat I believe Richie is his name in the show in the pokemon league but are we going to be able to I hate having to lose but I do understand if you can't win. Either way I've had a great time with this game keep up the good work.
You can win first and then lose to see what happens next =)
Just like I did it with Blaine =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 5th, 2011 (06:58 AM).

i'm still at the north pole. when i saw a video on youtube i saw that you have to walk 2 stairs on the mountain to get the message that there's a snowstorm, but i do that there is no message, now i have walked on every possible spot on the north pole to get that message but it still wasn't there. There just won't come a snowstorm. I have also walked in the cave and in the hole whats in the cave, but still nothing happens.
I know you have to give santa his boot back but after i did that, no snowstorm.
Can anyone help me.
(i last time i saved the game was before i talked to the jynx and lapras(on the beach))
Old August 5th, 2011 (07:59 AM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by mmmmmmmm1:
i'm still at the north pole. when i saw a video on youtube i saw that you have to walk 2 stairs on the mountain to get the message that there's a snowstorm, but i do that there is no message, now i have walked on every possible spot on the north pole to get that message but it still wasn't there. There just won't come a snowstorm. I have also walked in the cave and in the hole whats in the cave, but still nothing happens.
I know you have to give santa his boot back but after i did that, no snowstorm.
Can anyone help me.
(i last time i saved the game was before i talked to the jynx and lapras(on the beach))
The event is unrelated to any other events in the game. It activates the first time you step on that tile regardless of what happened before. The only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't would be if you're using an old save file, or maybe if you patched to an older version of the hack instead of to an original Fire Red rom.
Old August 5th, 2011 (10:49 AM).

sorry I am new here, but where can I download this game?
Old August 5th, 2011 (11:32 AM).

Quote originally posted by metapod23:
The event is unrelated to any other events in the game. It activates the first time you step on that tile regardless of what happened before. The only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't would be if you're using an old save file, or maybe if you patched to an older version of the hack instead of to an original Fire Red rom.
But when this new beta (3.03) came out i started over and patched it on a new firered rom, which a downloaded that same evening that i patched it, so it was a complete new rom. And then there was also a new savefile.
So if that's not the reason, does that mean you don't know what's the reason and should i go on to the next event? If so, could you tell me what happens exactly in the cave? ( i think its the episode snow way out, right)
Old August 5th, 2011 (01:08 PM).

hey meta i got a very big problem with the shards
wheni use the pickaxe in the cave it shows me thai found a blue shard but when ilook in my bag i dont have a single blue shard and i found 2 in a row and still having 0 blue shards
then i repatched the game and still i cant have that stupid blue shard

so plz help me
Old August 5th, 2011 (01:19 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Quote originally posted by mmmmmmmm1:
But when this new beta (3.03) came out i started over and patched it on a new firered rom, which a downloaded that same evening that i patched it, so it was a complete new rom. And then there was also a new savefile.
So if that's not the reason, does that mean you don't know what's the reason and should i go on to the next event? If so, could you tell me what happens exactly in the cave? ( i think its the episode snow way out, right)
Honestly, I don't know. The only problem could be with the variable I'm using to trigger the event. The event is the same as in previous betas, so what you see in youtube videos is the same thing. Sometime I'll look into it, but right now since it's not important to the gameplay - it's just an extra cutscene.

Quote originally posted by chaizard_trainer:
hey meta i got a very big problem with the shards
wheni use the pickaxe in the cave it shows me thai found a blue shard but when ilook in my bag i dont have a single blue shard and i found 2 in a row and still having 0 blue shards
then i repatched the game and still i cant have that stupid blue shard

so plz help me
It's an error with the script. It will be fixed with the next beta.

Meanwhile, go back to Maiden Peak outside of Saffron City and use your item finder - you should be able to pick up a blue shard there (up north, near the statue of the maiden, but on the beach beneath it) - as long as the hidden item is working properly.
Old August 5th, 2011 (01:33 PM).

okay, then i will just go on with the new event. thanks everyone for trying to help me.
Old August 5th, 2011 (04:09 PM).

Question about the Pokemon league and a orange islands question. First will charzard obey at all during the pokemon league and I know its still a little ways down the road but will we be able to catch the crystal onyx I really wanted to since I saw it in the anime. I also wanted to know if this is a bug or on purpose when you fight the giant onyx in the bruno quest it makes the sound of a mew. Thanks an advance for any answers to these questions
Old August 5th, 2011 (05:12 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Quote originally posted by Nixon1:
Question about the Pokemon league and a orange islands question. First will charzard obey at all during the pokemon league
No, it won't.

Quote:
and I know its still a little ways down the road but will we be able to catch the crystal onyx I really wanted to since I saw it in the anime.
No, it will be uncatchable.

Quote:
I also wanted to know if this is a bug or on purpose when you fight the giant onyx in the bruno quest it makes the sound of a mew. Thanks an advance for any answers to these questions
I used one of the extra Pokemon slots to create the more powerful giant Onix (and giant Tentacruel), but unfortunately those slots don't allow for repointing Pokemon cries, so Unown's cry is stuck to it.
Old August 5th, 2011 (05:13 PM).

Thanks for everything shame about the onyx but I'll live keep up the good work can't wait for the pokemon league
Old August 5th, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Hardened Trainer

I've been making steady progress with the Pokemon League - just finished the third round battle from Fire and Ice. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow as well.
Old August 6th, 2011 (12:23 AM).
DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader

I've been making steady progress with the Pokemon League - just finished the third round battle from Fire and Ice. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow as well.
I have to say metapod, you are really putting a lot of time, effort and hard work in to this hack. Hope you are able to finish one of the best hacks ever. Good luck!
Old August 6th, 2011 (07:56 AM).
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Please please please make sure we can win more battles and become champ. Wouldn't worry about scripting for the rest of the game that Ash is the champ, just for flavor.
Old August 6th, 2011 (01:29 PM). Edited August 6th, 2011 by KurcioDurcio.
Attempting something new

Metapod, I played the whole game again, it works fine now the breeding center glitch although can you make sure a glitch would happen in the next beta because I wouldn't want to start over again (although the game is amazing.)

Edit: dunno if its asked before but how do you catch what the chef wants? like slowbro and such.
Old August 6th, 2011 (02:08 PM).
Pokemon hack/game player

Just played through the beta and I enjoyed it, although I didn't understand one thing, if Pokemon like Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't supposed to evolve, my don't you just remove the evolutionary requirements so they can't?

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old August 6th, 2011 (02:08 PM).

metapod23 i think you should extend beta 3.5 because it looks like you're half way through and releasing it bthis soon after beta 3 will kill the joy of waiting for the beta
Old August 6th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
Banned

Nature: Brave
Man, i'm gonna fight Misty now.
Pikachu wouldn't fight her, where is a good place i can train?
Old August 6th, 2011 (03:16 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by theavenger:
metapod23 i think you should extend beta 3.5 because it looks like you're half way through and releasing it bthis soon after beta 3 will kill the joy of waiting for the beta
In my opinion it's metapod23 decision on when he releases betas, and tbh I'm waiting for beta 3.5 since I want to be able to play through the whole league.

Old August 6th, 2011 (03:39 PM).
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by monkeyboi:
Just played through the beta and I enjoyed it, although I didn't understand one thing, if Pokemon like Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't supposed to evolve, my don't you just remove the evolutionary requirements so they can't?
Because they COULD have evolved. Ash and his partners made the decision not to. But this is like an ahistorical retelling of the anime, with you deciding what happens to the team. Catch a Weedle instead of Caterpie if thats how you wanna play.
Old August 6th, 2011 (03:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by JinRazielGames:
The nearest grass will do, it may take some spamming that's your option. Or drain all your money on items like potions and stuff till your all of money is gone and train your pokemon on the staryu untill your strong enough to defeat the Starmie also.
Old August 6th, 2011 (06:02 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Quote originally posted by redwolf915:
Please please please make sure we can win more battles and become champ. Wouldn't worry about scripting for the rest of the game that Ash is the champ, just for flavor.
You'll be able to advance to the Elite Four if you're good enough - it will be really hard, and if you lose, you'll have a chance to do it again after the Orange Islands.

Quote originally posted by KurcioDurcio:
Edit: dunno if its asked before but how do you catch what the chef wants? like slowbro and such.
Just catch and evolve the Pokemon. It's just a sort of fun side-quest. The chef asks for different Pokemon and gives you different berries.

Quote originally posted by theavenger:
I didn't know people enjoyed waiting for betas. :/
I'm at a part of the hack I'm really interested in/enjoying hacking, so it's coming quicker. And I do feel like I've left you guys hanging because I'm sure you want to at least battle through the league now that you're at the doorway, so to speak.

I'll probably be taking a break after I finish the Kanto arc, too, and I'd rather take a break after I do the league, than before.
Old August 6th, 2011 (11:51 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Meanwhile, go back to Maiden Peak outside of Saffron City and use your item finder - you should be able to pick up a blue shard there (up north, near the statue of the maiden, but on the beach beneath it) - as long as the hidden item is working properly.
It is working =) I got my shard that way =)

Quote originally posted by KurcioDurcio:
Use A-Map xD xD

Quote originally posted by monkeyboi:
It's so they CAN evolve. You can evolve them if you want
I did it in previous versions and for some reason not evolving them was better... Oh yeah I EV trained xD

Quote originally posted by JinRazielGames:
EV train your Pidgeotto for speed, outspeed Starmie and spam Sand Attack then you can pwn it with Wing Attack =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 7th, 2011 (06:35 AM).

If i want to play Ashgray version 3.03 on vba theres a pop up sayeing error
Can someone please help me ?
Old August 7th, 2011 (06:47 AM).

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
hey metapod your hack is just awesome . Just to ask you one thing?
Will you do an orange islands hack or johto after this one?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links